Old 04-15-2011, 08:53 AM   #1  
Borderline Amazing!!!

S/C/G: 230/228/165

Height: 5'6"

Red face A few mixed emotions - Kind of lengthy

TGIF Everyone! As always, I hope you hop on the scale to find good numbers!

I just noticed something that I had really mixed emotions about. I saw 206.8 on the scale this morning. Yay!! (right?) Should be... from 220 to 206.8... that should be a good thing.

It was until I looked at my WeightTracker. I looked at last Friday compared to today. I lost exactly 1 lb. That's it?! 1 measly little pound?! I felt like I had made an accomplishment this morning. TOM killed me (I was back up to 211.2 this Monday). But I honestly thought I would feel more accomplished than I do at this point. Maybe it's because it's such a gloomy day outside... who knows...

On another high note: I have been doing really well with the low-carb living. At this time in my past "diets" I'd be wishing for a visit from the Oreo Inebriation Fairy... but not this time. The carbs have just naturally worked themselves out of my mind and out of my life. I don't even miss them (and 3 weeks ago I told my co-workers that the low-carb thing is NOT for me!).

I guess I should be happy that I lost that pound considering this week was TOM. I know that it's progress, and baby steps, and one pound at a time. Well, I hope you all have much success this morning! And enjoy your weekends! Let's Do This! Come on ONEDERLAND!!!

Last edited by BrittanieYork; 04-15-2011 at 08:54 AM.
BrittanieYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/250/145

That is frustrating! But congratulations on losing a pound!
casey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/217/195

Height: 5ft4

Congrats! Any small amount of weight loss adds up in the end. Losing .5 would still be good, going up is whats bad.
MzHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #4  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

I hear ya. I've been struggling. I'm just now back at the weight I was 5 days ago. I gained weight working out and it too me nearly a week to lose it. I am also only down 1.5 so far this month.

It does get discouraging, but you have to remember, the weight didn't get put on overnight. That's what I keep telling myself.
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I feel the same way sometimes. Some days are good, some days are bad. I can lose 2lbs in a week and feel very crappy about it and another week only lose 1 and feel great. Sometimes I think it may be what I ate the day before (and of course my mood). Whenever I feel bloated and am retaining a lot of water, it seems like I have more of those bad days.

However, one pound is much better than 0 pounds or a gain! Try holding a pound of hamburger and maybe that will make you feel better!

I hope your day brightens up!
tropica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #6  
Borderline Amazing!!!

S/C/G: 230/228/165

Thank you for all your kind words!

Tropica - You are right. I grabbed my ten pound weight a little bit ago and I thought "Wow, I have lost this plus 4 more pounds!" That is a very good way to look at it. Thank you!

A loss is definitely better than a gain, that's for sure. Here's to next week being full of losses! Good luck everyone! I'm keeping my eyes on the 165 Prize!
BrittanieYork is offline   Reply With Quote