Old 09-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/177/150

Height: 5'7"

Talking SV! And things I've realized about myself

I've made it to 181! I've been fighting with the scale for the past few days (TOM) but I could tell when the amount I weighed went down a bit (while retaining water weight) that I would have good news in a couple of days. And here it is, yay!!!

I've also realized a few things about how I go about losing weight...
1) I would rather be hungry than own up to eating bad foods.
2) I'm ok with being hungry. I don't do well with starving, but I've learned to handle hungry.
3) I'm getting about 1,200-1,300 calories a day, when I know I should have more. And when I start working out, I will have more. But someone has to be at the front desk of the gym for me to sign up!!! Seriously, I have gone 3 times and no one has been there. But I can't beat the price on the gym, so I'm going to have to try again monday.
4) Being accountable for what goes in my mouth (logging into LoseIt appt) makes me so much more aware. I don't want to see bad food on there, so I don't eat it!
I'm not saying any of these are healthy, or the best plan, but they are just what I have noticed. I'm still working on grocery shopping to have healthy snacks (which will decrease #2), and I will be exercising so I will increase calories (#3) and hopefully still lose weight. So we'll see how this goes.

What have you realized about the way you lose weight?

I had hoped for a better first real post, but it's early, and I haven't had my coffee yet.
WeightLossWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #2  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I completely agree with your #4. When I journal my food and calories, I feel so much more aware and in control! I've also realized that it's ok to have an "off" day... what's important is that I jump right back on the bandwagon instead of giving up and letting it turn into an "off" week or month!

As for the gym, I would definitely call them and let them know that you've attempted to join several times but no one has been available at the desk!

Congrats on making 181!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/177/150

Height: 5'7"

I've tried! No one answers the phone either. The line is usually busy or only rings once. So irritating, but I can't beat the price. $20/mo per family! Yay for privately owned businesses!
WeightLossWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I like your number four! My boyfriend introduced me to the Lose It! app (it's how he lost 100 lbs!) and I have loved it ever since. For me it's fun logging it in there and really seeing everything I am eating and exactly how many calories I am at. And I love how you can add friends on it and receive 'badges'. So motivating!

I have come to realize that I need to stop looking at off-days as failures. I used to have one slip up in a day, get frustrated and then go 2,3,4,5,6 days not on plan and just eating whatever because that one little mistake I made would frustrate me so much that I would lose motivation. And speaking of bad days, today was definitely one. I was given fast food by a coworker for lunch and then had to work an event at a beach-mex restaurant chain (called Rubio's, I am not sure if they are all over the US or just in Southern California where I live) and was given a two fish taco plate with chips and beans by the manager. I am currently 166 calories over in my day and haven't worked out (I am dead tired from being on my feet all day.) BUT I am not mad at myself, nor frustrated and tomorrow I am getting up early to work out and plan on making good food choices at a birthday party I am going to.

Last edited by whatupton; 09-09-2011 at 10:12 PM.
whatupton is offline   Reply With Quote