Old 04-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #16  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

fromthebox - You can do it! You can ignore the donut! It's nice that they think of you, though. I'm a fan of the saussagefest work environment as well.

lilmonster - Welcome!

lupo - It's kind of like DDR except you don't have a mat, or anything for that matter. "you are the controller" :P SOOO much fun, though me trying to do the Soulja Boy Crank Dat dance was hi-larious.

MiZ - Hooray for a 2nd job! Things are looking up Also, I agree about Boy. If he cares, he'll stick it out. Being debt-free will make everything better.

krampus - DDR was fun, but I'm really bad at moving off of the mat, and mine is so old that the "buttons" get stuck from being folded up so many times. The guys I work with aren't creepy, thank goodness. We're all in the same general age range, so it's pretty awesome.

----

Simple equation for you:
Frame vise + 3 foot drop + my big toe = REALLY FRIGGEN HURTS!!!!
Somehow, I didn't break it. Those things are 10lbs of solid steel. My toe hurts, though.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:08 AM   #17  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i was better tonight, i had some frozen fruit i thawed for a late snack and i've resisted every tempation for a corn dog lol. i'm still going to dig the spanx out of my laundry and wear it under my dress i might have to get a new bra to go under the dress but thats the least of my worries. 2 more days and we're heading out on vacation/wedding
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:40 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Slip-ups happen. I ate the donut as I was going off shift yesterday morning, after convincing the officer I had eaten and enjoyed it, I couldn't bring myself to just throw it out and then felt guilty enough to do 30 minutes on the treadmill. It didn't taste as good as I thought it would and so far I've avoided the box of donuts on the counter behind me based on that. Must be some office donut kick, I hope we move away from it soon. I made cupcakes for the officers though so I am just as guilty (I had 1.5 of those). The good news is even after the donut I woke up at 136.6

I am deathly afraid that I am going to go over on calories while recovering and not being able to work out making me balloon back up to 140+

MiZ - I'm glad to hear things are looking up for you. Good luck with the job today! Am also with Laneyy, boy will stick it out if he's a keeper.

Lissa9501 - good luck with everything on vacation/wedding!

lilmonster - welcome!

Laneyy - I was weak, weak I tell you! Tonight is the real test of ignoring the donuts AND my red velvet cupcakes sitting behind me on the counter. So far so good. *EDIT* Glad your foot is OK... ouch!

krampus - I'm glad you're back to running! I had to get new shoes after developing pain last week and I was deathly afraid I had a stress fracture too. Good luck on the 50-something kg!

Sweetscrumptious - you are going to be so ripped! I would puke and die doing that much!

Luposlipophobia - I hope your plateau passes quickly Some times I just have to get past the stressful weeks and I can get back to losing.

Last edited by fromthebox; 04-13-2011 at 06:42 AM.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #19  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I’m staying away from the scale, I’m eating below my calorie intake and the scale isn’t moving. I know that’s bad, except this always happens a week before pay, but at least now with the second job, which I get paid this Tuesday so if they give me which means opposite weeks I get paid woot! Which means this shouldn’t happen anymore as long as I learn to manage the money better…I really need a financial adviser sometimes ha-ha.

The shifts ranger from 4 hours to 3 hours, but the 3 hour shifts are on the floor so I can make tips which isn’t bad because who doesn’t love pocket change? I’m going to find out my schedule today when I go in, I have a feeling I’m going to be working up until Sunday which I’m fine with but the pay period cuts on Saturday.

====
Lupo – I feel you on the Plateau, I’m stuck around 153-154 but then again I’m not doing really anything lol….

Lilmonster – Thank you, also have fun at turbo kick! That sounds like a good workout!

JL - *Hugs* TOM is an A-hole =) I went up 8 pounds because of him last week! 8 pounds!!!! Luckily it was just because of him and I’m back down.

KRampus – Sorry about your friends hair, but at least yours turned out! Congrats on sticking to plan and also running the 3km before work! See sometimes you just need a set back to move forward.

Lanceyy – OUCH! That would suck if you broke it because they can’t do anything for broken toes…but at least it’s only bruised and hurts.

Lissa – Enjoy the Vac and Wedding and don’t obsess over things too much.

Fromthebox – Don’t you hate that!!! Sweets and I went for pizza last time I got paid and we had waited over a week and a half to get this pizza and it SUCKED! I was so disappointed…Donuts are a hit and miss though, sometimes its like OMG AMAZING MORE MORE MORE and most times it’s like…lame. Also you are .5 away from your goal!!! Don’t stress about blowing up like a balloon, I know if I do that I end up blowing up like a balloon, just be happy and carefree with limits.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #20  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies!

MiZ Yay part time job! You're going to be bringing in a ton of money!

fromthebox That is the worst when temptation is sitting there, staring you in the face. I can't stand it so I usually try not to keep stuff like that around, and luckily the people in my office don't bring in a lot of treats.

laneyy I hope your foot is okay, how the heck did that happen?

krampus I had a friend who's hair was so thick it took 2 boxes of dye to color it and she couldn't even use normal hair elastics because it was too small to wrap around her ponytail twice. Maybe if you get more dye you can help her fix it?

JL I tend to eat stuff I'm not supposed to when TOM is around. But maybe you could get a snack while you're at work so your not so hungry when you get home.

Plateau has been broken!!!! Down to 161.2 this morning. I think it was the stress, last week was just go go go all week long. Boyfriend is ordering pizza tonight because he has a friend coming over. Must resist!
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #21  
sugar is the devil

I am sooo sore from yesterday's workout! OOO mama.

I've been quite stressed lately about my dog. He used to be 100% fine but for the past few weeks he started developing fear-provoked behaviors. He is now barking (warning) anything that he deems spooky which means (and not limited to) children, bikes, strangers slamming a car door, a flag blowing in the wind, a walker, etc. I've read that Great Danes enter a fear stage at 7-9 months, well he just turned 7 months. It has increasingly become worse - he's barking at more things. I've hired 2 dog behaviorists to help me with desensitizing (one I met last week as just to show me what to do until I meet with the other behaviorist on May 3 [couldn't get me in til then]). The one on May 3 will work on trying to desensitize him to his reactors and may make him "happy" to see him - I'll prob be meeting with her for once a week for a month. I also enrolled him into obedience classes and our first is on Saturday; however they say no aggressive dogs (I booked him in a few weeks ago, before I noticed that his behaviors were worsening). I'm afraid now that we'll be kicked out of obedience training I just sent them an email saying my dog is barking at this, this, and this but has never bit/attacked. Hopefully he is still enrolled as the trainers feel that group training will help boost his confidence. Let's just say, at this point, I'm around $600-700 damage in training. Good thing I got called into work tonight (as I haven't been getting called in enough lately ). So pretty much all my thoughts and time have been focusing on training my dog... beside taking some time out to work out and what not. At least my thoughts aren't completely fixated on weight loss... hardee har har... I guess this is a "life" issue and training him to cope with his fears could take weeks, months... I grew up with a VERY aggressive dog towards other dogs, children, and things on wheels (who actually died because of his aggression - got run over by a dump truck he was chasing). I so ever wanted to have a behaved dog, one I could go out and do stuff with and not be scared about... but if things don't improve... I may end up with one again. Blah...

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 04-13-2011 at 10:12 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #22  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

So I'm down to 152 today, interesting how I eat a wendy's burger last night around 9:30 pm and I drop a pound. I was starving though, I made 9 dollars in tips which isn't alot, but 1 I was able to buy myself a loaf of bread (Or else I would have been cooking rice and chicken at a 9:30 at night for lunch today...) A jr. Burger from wendy's as well as save three dollars for the hot dog at work. Yesterday I was starving had no money so I kept drinking fountain pop to fill me right up. It worked, then I grabbed a burger and went home after the grocery store. I woke up EXHAUSTED this morning...but I'll get used to it! I'm not loving my saturday shift though. I work from 10:30 to 3:00, then I'm back at 5:30 to 8:30....kind of a waste of a day, but I'm hoping I'm still off sunday so I can just go to boy's house after work on saturday and spend the nights until Monday I come back to work at my regular job. haha.

We have SOOO MUCH SNOW Today, but it's warm out, so by the end of today it'll be melted. I guess this is what happens when you live close to the mountains. I have to say I don't hate snow though, it looks beautiful!

Sweets - Do you watch off the leash? It's a pretty good show, which actually teaches the people how to train their dogs properly and show the dog who is the dominate one. Animals smell fear and hesitation so they feed off that vibe. The show is usually on Slice, watch it, it might even give you better tips then the trainer's you're paying for, for free

Lupo - Yay for being down!!! I'm down too!

Last edited by MiZTaCCen; 04-14-2011 at 08:35 AM.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #23  
sugar is the devil

Mitz I watch that show a lot. I wanna do the whole "run back and forth" so your dog learns to watch you but Rocky is so big, it's really hard to and I'm not a fast enough runner yet for him to follow me. LoL... I find it easier when someone is beside me holding my hand else I'm like "wtf am I doing?". I think I'll be more confident with a trainer there to assist me instead of trying it all by myself (which is kinda what I'm doing right now but I at least had some starting guidance). I do feel like I'm more anxious now when we go out for walks because now I expect him to bark and I get quite worried when I see something I think he would react to. I must be feeding it to him but it's so hard to control your emotions while your in the heat of the moment. Another reason why I want a dog trainer to hold my hand so they can give me and the dog tough love.

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 04-14-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #24  
sugar is the devil

That's what I got to drive in this morning when I got off work at 7am (and there's still more coming all day)... Looks like it's going to be a "let's stay inside day" as I don't even want to attempt going back out there! Cars in the ditch & accidents everywhere... It's APRIL 14TH!!! I want the snow gone.... would be gone and done with in February back in Kelowna... grrr... and it SERIOUSLY just all melted these past few days; now back with a vengeance!

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 04-14-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 274/250/145

That snow is crazy! Hopefully it's the last snow of the season!

I'm back on track after a pretty long hiatus. I started counting calories last Thursday and have been under my goal every day - that never happens during the first week for me! I was weighing myself every day and getting really discouraged, but today (my "official" weigh in day) I was down 8 pounds. I'm really excited and even more motivated now.
casey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #26  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

fromthebox - When I had mine out I lost 4lbs, and I was only out of commission for 2 days. Then again, I was asleep most of the time from the pretty darn good drugs they gave me. Baby food is good, definitely soup, yogurt, and other non-chewy foods. If you like mashed potatoes try making them with half cauliflower and half potatoes, you'll never know the difference.

MiZ - Two paychecks is always awesome. I'm sure you'll figure things out! What I do is I make a list of every bill that I have, how much it is, and when it's due. I add up all of that, for one month, plus all of my miscellaneous expenses like gas, food, and other random stuff. I know how much I spend, how much my income is, and I can figure out how much extra I can pay on my bills to get out of debt faster or maybe even to put into savings, which is a sad state for me.

lupo - I was joining a frame, and the piece I had drying in the vise was ready to be taken out and I had the vise just a biiiit too close to the edge of the counter. Short drop + sudden stop... ON MY TOE. But it's okay, it's not broken. It's not even swollen or bruised, just hurts. Congrats on breaking the plateau! You can totally resist the pizza I had some last night and it just tasted awful...

Sweet (and MiZ, too!) - That is a LOT of snow! I have a tiny car, so I can't drive through deep snow, but I have good tires and my car is pretty good in the lighter stuff. I would never be able to survive living in Canada... Winter is just too long!

casey - You can do it! Congrats on the 8lbs

----

I've still been losing the past few weeks, even though I feel wildly off track. I've been eating crap, but probably staying within my calories. I haven't been counting, so I don't know. The weather is getting really nice lately, so hopefully I'll be able to get out and walk at least, since I haven't gotten off my fat *** in over a month. I was down to 197.8 the other day, I didn't weigh this morning, so hopefully tomorrow morning I'll see something similar.

I can't wait for classes to be out today. It's roll down the windows and blast my redneck fabulous music weather. **** yeahh :P
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Bleh. Am tired after only being up 2hrs. The doc told me ibuprofen is enough/no I won't give you vicodin and she was mostly right. I took half of a vicodin I had at home to ease the transition from the anesthetic and promptly passed out. So far I ate butternut squash soup last night and split pea today, both followed by Haagen Daz Five milk chocolate ice cream (damn tasty) tonight will be tomato basil soup. Now that I have thoroughly bored you with what I ate, I am going back to bed. I figure if all I do is sleep I can avoid dry socket.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default hey all!

Hi all-

Just thought I'd drop in to see what's going on with everyone.

krampus- it's good to see that you aren't feeling so guilty about eating out! Our lives are too short and we definately need balance. I'm finally getting good at going out to eat, and by that, I mean resisting the temptation and finding things that I can eat within my caloric intake.

It took some training, but for instnace, today, my husband said "let's go to the owl cafe"---a very wonderfully greasy place to eat. I went and ordered a turkey club without any chips (600 calories prolly). Then, I learn how to do that in my head (300--yogurt/granola + 240 --protein shake + turkey club 600 cal) = 1120. That gives me about 400 calories for dinner, and I'm okay with that. Tonight, we are making steak kabobs with lots of veggies. So I'll probbaly eat about 3-4 ounces steak (200 calories) and some grilled veggies (200 calories), making my end caloric count 1520!

It's wonderful to learn how to do this in my head after so long with struggling! I'm very proud of myself.

SL- SO close to your goal! You can do it!

Miz - That sounds like a tough shift on Saturdays. Just take it easy though.

This week has been great for me--weight loss wise. Since the last time I posted here, I have lost about 2-3 pounds. Yay!

I am not at 151, which is one pound away from my half-way goal.

It's wonderful!

I reached this goal a lot sooner than I thought I would---so instead of of getting a salt glow/massage/facial----I'm going to wait to do that next month before my sister's wedding (I want to look glimmering for that, lol)

I think that my 150 lb goal will be a nice haircut at a salon I really like, maybe a facial there too.

(I want to focus more on my face, it's a strange skin type!)

LOL- god i got that covered with ya'll.

That's what I will do when I reach 151---get a nice facial and a wonderful haircut!

talk soon ladies!
librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #29  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Man yesterday I was so tired and hungry and dizzy. I think being back in losing mode is messing with my blood pressure. Started a Tae Bo DVD and after five minutes I was seeing worms/stars/coke bugs and had to stop. I wound up having a small snack attack in the evening (plain yogurt and seaweed) and I think I really, really needed those extra ~150 calories.

Woke up at 59.0 kg, or 130.1 lbs. That's SEVEN pounds of overeating-bloat and fat blasted off in one week. Obviously it cannot continue at such breakneck speed, but this is just the kick in the pants I needed to realize my own potential and actually Just Do It.

TGIF today, it's my 24th "arrival in America from Korea to be adopted by my family" anniversary as well as my mom's 65th birthday. Going to my boyfriend's for the weekend, if the weather cooperates we're going to have a picnic in the park and walk 10 km to the mall. Also going to start working on the piece for the charity concert; there is a Youtube link on my blog in case anyone is interested in hearing it (and it's just a beautiful piece). Joe Hisaishi - "Kids Return."

librarygirl Congrats on getting so close to goal in record time! I'm glad you feel comfortable going out to eat and have found choices that work with your plan, stressing about it really does no good.

fromthebox Sleep well and feel better!

Laneyy What redneck music is that? Personally I get really, really into glam and hair metal in the springtime - old Pantera, Motley Crue, Ratt, Whitesnake... ooh and good work on the losses as well!

casey87 A good weigh-in after a tough week does wonders for the psyche. Glad to see you back!

SweetScrumptious EW, what is that garbage? Hope it melts and doesn't come back, and also that your dog gets his act together and becomes a model pet.

lupo WOO plateau be gone! My friend re-dyed her hair and says it looks better so that's resolved for now. How did it go with the pizza temptation?

MiZ Glad to hear you're making money, that schedule sounds a bit brutal but you can manage, you're fierce and strong. Congrats on being down in weight too!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Hope everyone is doing great! This morning weighed in at 130.6 --- I have stayed within my calories today..which I'm very happy about. I hope I see lower numbers tomorrow...
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote