3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   I'm excited for.. (Spring/Summer Edition!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/229883-im-excited-spring-summer-edition.html)

wolflikeme 04-05-2011 08:40 PM

I'm excited for.. (Spring/Summer Edition!)

Hey ladies (and guys)!

Spring is here and summer is only a couple months away. What kinds of things (activities/events/festivals) are you excited for?

As for me, I'm really excited for farmer's markets! We have one within biking distance from my boyfriend's house that opens in June. I checked out their vendor information, and they have someone who sells homemade dog treats. I'm so excited!

Another thing I'm excited for: biking and hiking. I'm ready to bike without my ears feeling as though they will freeze off :(. I'm going to try mountain biking this Spring/Summer, so if you have any tips, let me know :).

krampus 04-06-2011 01:52 AM

I'm moving back to America after living in Japan for 3 years. I'm going to see Journey play a concert, move from my hometown of Albany NY to Austin TX if all goes well, and just plain get reacquainted with my country.

fromthebox 04-06-2011 02:05 AM

I am excited for the Minnesota State Fair. I may actually have to save money to fly home and go because it's been six years and I miss it. That and just about any/everything that happens on the coast in California. I want to learn to surf this summer.

Ishisnowcone 04-06-2011 08:42 AM

Krampus- I didnt know you were from Albany, Im from Oneonta :) I live in Boston now though.

Im excited to go to the beach all summer long with my girls (2 and 4). Im not excited about the bathing suit, but Ill look better in it this summer than I did last :) I felt like a giant whale chasing them around last year, but Im not one to be stopped from having fun because of my weight.
Along those lines, Im looking forward to picnics, yardsales, and my DF being done with law school and taking the bar in July. This is going to be an all around awesome year for us :)

Lnm130 04-06-2011 08:47 AM

Yardsales! And not freezing my rear off while running outside!

Andrbeck 04-06-2011 09:12 AM

Flip FLOPS! Shorts! Ahhh Maybe even a bikini?!?!?! but probably not. haha I am getting married July 9th! And I can't wait to go to CONCERTS! AH I love summer<3

badassey 04-06-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fromthebox (Post 3793608)
I am excited for the Minnesota State Fair. I may actually have to save money to fly home and go because it's been six years and I miss it. That and just about any/everything that happens on the coast in California. I want to learn to surf this summer.

THE MINNESOTA STATE FAIR!!!!! YAYYY!! I just moved near the U of M's St. Paul Campus last year (which is like a mile or so away from the fair grounds) and my boyfriend kept wanting to walk there last year and I absolutely refused (hello?... hot weather + sweat + fat chick with tired feet does not equal a good time!) I'm excited to actually walk there this year! I'm also excited to experience other things there (i.e. not just go there for the food).

Fit4Lyfe 04-06-2011 12:08 PM

I'm excited about the sun, nothing beats the California sunshine.

LandonsBaby 04-06-2011 12:44 PM

kayaking and a possible trip to California, though that may be until the fall (not sure yet). Not freezing -that's what I like about summer!

pink sparkle 04-06-2011 01:33 PM

The beach!! Last year when we went, I was a little over 170 and felt very self-conscious (it didn't help that my swimsuit was too big lol). When I saw the pics, I realized I looked okay. But this year I'm looking even better!!

InControl2Day 04-06-2011 03:44 PM

I'm excited for all the TRIPS coming up :) and my chance to rock cuter clothes.

Pinkberrry 04-06-2011 05:01 PM

I can't wait to head to the beach/pool on a weekly basis..the weather here has been sooo cold!

lackadaisy 04-06-2011 06:50 PM

1) I'm GRADUATING in a matter of weeks. Oh my goodness. I SURVIVED COLLEGE.

2) ONE MONTH OFF before starting work: I've contemplated traveling in that time and I think I'd like to do some adventure hiking or something else equally active and wonderful.

3) Earning a newly athletic body... and showing it off in new yoga clothes and running shorts! ;)

JMfan 04-06-2011 10:33 PM

I'm excited....

-Classes will be over in a month!!!
-getting involved with walking/joggin/running charity events
-volunteering more
-start hiking
-try some new sports and play sports regularly
-learn to swim

fashinjunkie09 04-06-2011 11:55 PM

I'm so excited! I'm getting married in September so I have lots of parties and planning leading up to the wedding. I have a shower in June and July and then a bachelorette weekend with my girls to New Orleans in August- can't wait!! :)