Old 03-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I agree with Lurker89. I find weighing myself daily helps me put less emphasis on my weight on any one day. I record my weight daily and once per week I subtract from my weight the week before to figure out my loss. But weighing daily lets me know if my weight is a little suspect on that day that I use for my calculations
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #17  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

i try not to weigh myself until Sunday morning at 7 am. It causes me to get depressed if I don't see a weight loss.
lynnie923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

Here's my story.

In the past I had slow weight loss. About 1 lb per week. Which is fine for some people, but is discouraging for someone with a total of 140lbs to lose. So I am recently back on plan (a couple of weeks) and was trying something new (walking every single day, alternating 1.6 miles one day, then 3 miles the next). My weigh in day is supposed to be Monday. I was too excited and got on the scale Sunday, after breakfast (I usually weigh first thing in the morning). It showed 280.0...YAY!.

So when I got on the scale Monday morning, imagine my shock when it showed 281.5! Then I remembered that pesky bag of popcorn I had the night before. Honestly, if I had not "peeked" at the scale a day early, I would have been SO dissapointed having only seen a 1lb loss. But because I knew it should be lower than that, I just waited until this morning and weighed in (without the popcorn the night before) and was at 278.5! I am glad I checked, or I would have felt heartbroken yesterday morning, and I never would have realized that, in order to get a true weight, I need to make a point of staying away from sodium, especially right before a weigh-in!
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #19  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I weigh daily just to see what causes fluctuations in my weight. I know I'm not going to see a lower number on the scale every single day, so I think I'm going to have to start having one day a week as my official weigh in day. I also (on days where I have the time, which is rare) weigh myself throughout the day to see the fluctuations in my weight. I'm recording everything I put into my body, every bit of exercise I do, and my weight fluctuations daily. I am meticulous about taking notes, and I'm really kind of treating this as a big experiment of sorts.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #20  
.::Loren::.

S/C/G: 184/174.5/135

Height: 5'

I weigh daily as an accountability issue. I almost didn't weigh in this morning, though, since I hadn't lost anything for two weeks. I did, and it was a loss

I know weighing everyday is a bit obsessive, but I like it and it keeps me focused.
Lnm130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #21  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 211/*ticker*/TBD!

Height: 5'6

Thanks so much for everyone's opinions/schedules! I'm still torn on whether or not to do daily... I actually went and got a new scale this morning, but it's still in the box until I decide what I want to do.

I see both sides of it, that's for sure!
linalin is offline   Reply With Quote