Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/171/140

Height: 5''0

Hey ladies! It sounds like most of you are doing really great! I'm sorry to hear about some of the bad news with some of you

I have just started my weight loss journey a little over a week ago and im still going strong so Im super proud of myself! I work out alone though which sucks..but My hubby cant do what I can (He has arthritis in his knees from a car accident that broke both his legs in 2003) and He can only walk at a slow pace and has to take alot of breaks...but we do walk together as much as we can

Have any of you ladies been having problems with no support from friends? I only have 2 friends that are in constant support of my weight loss efforts and it seems the rest are always just consumed with their own lives and don't care too much about other people/Me.

anyways I hope you ladies are having a nice week so far!! and does anyone have a facebook? feel free to add me there
MrsCLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #32  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Jmko - Omg I'm so sorry to hear that *Hugs*

CLS - Yea, it becomes an issue when you do anything good for yourself you start to see who really is your friend and who isn't. The best thing is to not to let the negative bring you down. If you find a lot of it happening around you, use it against them to fire you up and kick some serious butt. Weight loss is one of the hardest journeys but in the end it is sooo worth it!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 178/171/140

Height: 5''0

Yes in deed! I have realized that more and more over the past 2 years. Some people who I thought were my closest friends ended up only being an associate (someone I don't talk to much, or have to make all the effort for in the friendship). At first I was having a really hard time with it all because I felt like I had almost no real friends and everyone would rather make time and effort for their other friends and not for me..but then my Hubby and I had a talk and he made me realize that if people have me feeling this way then they dont deserve my efforts and friendship anyway and to just focus on me and who/what matters most in my life and makes an effort.

I guess as you get older you realize more and more that its not about the amount of friends you have....its the quality of the friendships that matter and even if you have only one true great friend..that is a blessing.

Ive been feeling GREAT thought since I've been exercising every night..my whole mindset and stamina have changed in a major way and I'm soo proud of myself! You ladies on here are awesome though!! Helps me look forward to hopping online and see whats going on!
MrsCLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

jmko I'm so sorry. We're here for you.

Hey ladies, sorry again to be so slack with personals - just wanted to say thanks for all your well wishes and to let you know that I got the job!!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:49 PM   #35  
Lifes a Journey

Rainbow - OMG I'm soo happy for you!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #36  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

jmko I am so, so sorry to hear about that. Wishing you all the best in healing and moving on. Gaman is hard but you can do it.

rainbowstripe Congratulations dude!!!!! My mom was in my office yesterday and she saw the kiwi photo clip and little stuffed animal you made and loved them. <3

MrsCLS I'm so glad you're feeling good about making positive changes in your life! I think the happiest I have EVER been was when I first started exercising regularly and realizing that yes, even I can be a person who lives healthily.

Laneyy *hugs* I think I can relate to how you feel. I've been rather depressed all winter long. Before you write it off as not being attracted to your guy, think long and hard about getting intimate with other guys. If none of them sound appealing, it might just be the depression. Also, unsolicited personal 2 (more like 20, sorry) cents: I go through a perennial crisis where I wonder if I should break up with my bf - happens every year - we got together when I was only 19 and he is my second serious relationship so sometimes I feel a little "itchy" and want to play the field, but bullet point lists and thinking about how I would feel if we broke up in great detail keep me in check. In my case I realize that while it is exciting and fun to hook up with and meet new guys, I get the same thrill from simple one-time-only flirtations. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to sit down and really think hard about what life without him would be like.

MiZ Nice work on the continued low weight, you're proof that weight can go down without obsessing over it. Sorry to hear dude is flaky, depending on how "good" he is you might want to keep him around for a pet but explore other options?

fromthebox Awesome, doesn't it feel great to have a better-than-expected workout after a hiatus?

JLNichols You're always doing so well! You definitely weigh less than I do now. Glad to hear progress is continuing steadily.

TheBunneh Best of luck with the wisdom teeth! I have been freaking out over "regaining" and missing goal dates which I set arbitrarily months ago too, and it's so futile in the long run. I'm throwing my hands up in the air and saying "I'll get there when I get there."

linalin Stay strong. I can't even imagine how tough it must be to know DH is out in the world and not being able to talk very often. Hopefully you have a strong support network of girlfriends/fellow military wives to keep you busy. Nice work on the exercise too - it always feels great when you get in "bonus" cardio, I've never had a day where I thought "jeez I wish I hadn't run that extra mile."

krampus report: I feel pretty today for the first time in a while. I know I'm not as thin as I used to be, but there is an almost Zenlike peace about it. Yesterday I didn't weigh, measure, or count anything. I ate when I was hungry and didn't when I wasn't. I exercised because I like how exercise makes me feel. I went out to dinner with two normal eaters who I consider to have great figures and ate what they ate. I didn't binge - I felt a little antsy before bed and stared at some bread, but I decided against it and went to bed early. In the evening I sat with my mom on the couch chatting about life and things and painted my nails a rather shockingly bright shade of jade green. This morning I woke up, had some bread with a little jam and coffee before leaving the house, and really enjoyed my commute to work (about 2.5 miles, mostly uphill).

I feel very free now that I have banished numbers and weights and goal dates for the time being. It feels sort of like revisiting the early days of my weight loss journey, when all I did was eat less rice and more vegetables at lunch and saw results. I like it here.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Rainbow- Yay! That is so awesome!Tell us some details?!

JMKO- that's a heartbreaking situation! Thinking of you. XoXo
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Krampus- I am sort of where you are meaning that I am done counting calories and obsessing about everything that goes in my mouth. I am going to commit to getting more exercise in and making wise food decisions, but not obsesssing. I feel like it is making me hold on and over eat at times because I feel like I am constantly restricting. I like your take on all of this. Hope you are enjoying the visit with your mom!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #39  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

MiZ - Last few times we drank together I just wanted to crawl into bed. Like, there's nothing there. I have the urge, but when I think about him it's gone in a second. Like, I feel like I don't even want him kissing or touching me. I really am just torn up inside about whether I want to break up with him or not, 'cause like I said... it's this time of year and I'm always depressed and antisocial this time of year. He's just so different from anyone I've dated in the past, both physically and in personality. Like, I just don't know if I can deal with it.

jmko - omg, I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope everything will work out for you. *big giant squeezy hug*

rainbow - Congratulations!!

CLS - I always feel SO much more energized and my mind clear when I exercise.

----

Bleh. I want a nap, and to figure things out.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #40  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

krampy - I hope it's just the depression. I mean, the urge is there, but then when I think about it, it just fizzles and dies. I dunno what to do! Like, I'm pretty sure he's getting fed up with me constantly pushing him away. He's dealing with it pretty well, which I really appreciate... But it's just a matter of time before he really starts to be like "okay... wtf is going on??"
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #41  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Laneyy Yeah, unfortunately guys more or less universally get their relationship validation from feeling like their women want them physically. If the urge is there though, maybe it is him...either way, I hope a nap will help you feel a little better. *hug*

LindsB Obsessing over anything isn't really good. I have to approach weight loss like I would with pursuing a relationship with a guy I like. If I OBSESS over him it will manifest itself in weird behaviors and I'll scare him away. If I force myself to take a casual approach, perhaps he'll be drawn to my relatively carefree approach and pursue me.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:01 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Krampus: Yay for feeling pretty. Sounds like you had a pretty awesome day. I may weigh less but you are totally thinner than I am! You sooo little! I hate being short! lol.

Rainbow: Congrats on the job!

MrsCLS: I deff. agree with your hubby! & it's not about how many friends you have. I have 2 really good friends in my life..I consider the rest of them assosiates because they aren't there as much as my 2 really good friends!

JMKO: I'm sorry you and your hubby are getting a divorce. I really hope this all goes by fast and easy for you..I will be thinking about you!

Well today has be another long day. Kids went to bed early because they were so worn out from being bored. lol. But luckily tomorrow hubby is off and hopefully we can all go out and do something tomorrow. I hope it's warm too because it's been about 30-40 degrees the past week! It sucks. Oh well though.

I'm so thankful that I got the 15 calorie sugar-free popsicles..because basically I can have one anytime I get a sugar craving! lol. Or atleast thats what I've been telling myself. Besides that I got my workout in and stayed w/in my calories..ate about 1330 calories today which is 200 less then the higher end of my calories. I'm going to TRYYY my hardest for the calories to be low tomorrow but we'll see..Heres hoping I see 132 tomorrow!

Have a good night/day everyone!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I've been so bad about keeping up with these chat threads- hope to start getting back in the swing of things now. I found out there were major problems with the job I was supposed to start on Monday and ended up declining the position... meaning am now unemployed and may not be able to stay with my bf in India. Job searching right now which SUCKS, and things are totally up in the air until I get an offer somewhere throughout the world, which sucks even more!

Anyway.... will try to start catching up on personals at some point soon. In the meantime I want to give a huge to jmko. I know you had mentioned there were problems that had been mounting for a while, and I'm so sorry you've had to go through this. I hope you find peace and growth out of this situation and can move your life into a bright, healthy place. We're here for you!
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:20 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

jmko I am so sorry to hear about this, but I know you will come out, you're strong. We're here if you need us.

Rainbowstripe OMG Congrats! Woo Hoo

Laneyy I went through a phase like that where the sex life fizzled with my ex. I tried to fix it, thought it was my depression or something too but after running out of ideas I realized that I no longer felt the way I had before and that the last thing to go had been the desire, two and a half years in. I had invested a lot in us but I no longer had a reason to be in the relationship other than the time invested. It hurt to leave him, especially because he still has feelings for me but it was the right thing for me. I hope you can step back and gain perspective to see what it is that keeps you involved with him, then decide if it is enough.

krampus I'm glad you're having a better day. Remember that you are as pretty as you feel on your best days every day, even if you can't appreciate it, we see it.

LindsB I get where you are coming from. I wish I were strong enough to stop calorie counting but I am too afraid of failure. It's hard not to obsess as you get down to the last few but the obsession leads to sabotage as an escape from control.

No official weight this morning since I only got 3 hours of sleep. I went off to give blood, but the machine at the center had a mishap. I give an extra unit of plasma when I donate so they have to draw more blood and separate the plasma, then they give the cells back along with an isotonic solution that replaces the plasma volume. Well today the centrifuge that does the separation failed to start so first they drew way too much out and then I had to wait while they transfused it back into me because they can't keep it in the separation bags. So I didn't get to give anything, I'm deferred for 8 weeks and I got a whole bunch of the anti-coagulant coating and some of the isotonic mix back with my blood and it gave me a headache. I would have been fine with it if I could still have helped people.

Came home and weighed but my scale gave me several different readings from 138.8 to 139.6 I may need to replace the battery soon. After the center I felt really crummy so I ate badly, had 6 oreos and some ice cream and a bite of cookie dough from freezer too.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #45  
Lifes a Journey

Krampus Ė It's pretty true, when I obsess over it I lose nothing, when I enjoy life and my journey and not make it seem like a chore it's amazing how the body flushes the pounds away. I love when I wake up and feel pretty, its also weird how some mirrors can change the perspective on how you look at yourself. Good job on the 2.5 miles I think you just left youíre out of control stage you were feeling and are on the right path! Keep it up!

Laneyy Ė YOUR Happiness is key, you should be number one unless you have children. Think it through maybe you two would be better off as friends, or maybe this is just youíre mood messing with you and within a few weeks youíll be back to normal.

JL Ė Popsicles are awesome! Thatís also good for the kids to go to bed early even if it was because of boredom.

Fromthebox Ė It was only one day donít get too worked up over it

==
So my water intake was bad yesterday, actually it completely sucked I didnít even half way finish my 30oz of water at all and I def hardly drank anymore throughout the day. So my goal today is water water water. I was at least 3 of my 30oz water bottle drank by 2pm today so I have 7 hours left to do it. I'm still at 153, but I'm good with that, I don't even know why I'm weighin in every day haha.

I got the new Britney CDÖI have to say itís not as great as her past ones, but there is one song I LOVE LOVE LOVE called Criminal. I Think itíll take some time to get into the rest of her songs thatís for sure. Itís pretty different from her last CDís.