Old 03-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #1  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Default ~~Weekly Chat Mar 28 - Apr 3~~

Boy this month had flew by so fast, where is the time going?!

Morning ladies it’s sure is a wonderful Monday…I’m kind of trying to keep my head up since I’m down to 153!!!!! Oh baby I’m getting closer to my goal, I have hardly worked out this month maybe like 4 times. Which is fine sometimes our bodies need a good break, starting March 31st I’m going to head back to the gym again. I’m excited to be almost down to the last 10 pounds! Maybe by my birthday May 23rd I can be down to 140 if I work at it hard enough!

The boy and I are doing pretty good, still not official which is fine I don’t really care for the title I guess and technically we are boyfriend and girlfriend since we’re not seeing anyone else but whatever. I want the damn FB status change...I'm a little jealous and I hate that...Thanks to my last relationship screwing me over...But I'm not showing it to him which is a good thing..

My mom is sending out my T4 slips today for my taxes, and I can get a moving expense on them as well so I’m hoping for a nice chunk of money back this time around. If I do get it awesome, here’s hoping!

Personal’s from last weeks thread.
Fromthebox – you’re almost at your goal congrats!

Krampus – You’re tiny and look amazing, don’t worry about it so much! As long as you had an awesome time with your mom!

Last edited by MiZTaCCen; 03-28-2011 at 08:23 AM.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

MiZ Yay for 153! see, now you're moving. I know you can make 140 by your birthday. With boy, at least you are exclusive. FB status can mean a lot or a little, my boy says it's whats in your heart that matters and everything else is just a symbol. Still, I feel your pain, having it up there for all to see is a comfort, it feels more durable. Maybe we can motivate each other to get to the gym in April.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

Fromthebox It's true, once it has it on the FB everyone knows so theres no secrets...but I'll just have to be patience... as for both of us being motivated by each other, that cool work! Let's do it!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

WOOO good work MiZ and fromthebox!

I am so full I can hardly move - my friend threw a party at her restaurant for my mom tonight and served at least 12 different kinds of food ON TOP of taking our orders for Tex-Mex. It was essentially like a Thanksgiving dinner with a big group of friends, family, Okinawan sanshin (stringed instrument) playing, singalongs and oldies dancing, too good to be true.

I haven't had an "on-plan" day in a while. The binges need to stop though. Either I am severely depressed which makes me binge, or I binge and the guilt that follows makes me depressed. I am pretty sure it's the latter. What a dumb cycle to be in. I am very sure I would LOSE weight if I stopped thinking about food all the time, but of course it's very hard to make the jump from very obsessed/disordered thinking to intuitive normal eating.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

Height: 5'5"

Miz- WOOHOO! You are so close, I can't wait to be in the 150s, you are doing awesome.

Krampus- it sounds like you are pretty stressed out about all of this, maybe you should take a break from 'dieting', if it is starting to affect your mental well being. There is nothing worse than feeling like crap about yourself all the time. Maybe you could focus on fitness, find a new sport or activity that you like and work on that instead of obsessing over poor food choices and being upset about going to a fabulous party. It sounds like you life is fabulous, you have awesome friends and you travel and experience a lot of different things,, including different foods. Maybe you need to find a way to make these things work for you rathe than trying to deprive yourself of them and then feel guilty as all get out when you eat.
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #6  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 211/*ticker*/TBD!

Height: 5'6

Krampus- I feel ya on the binging/depressed thing. I know for a fact for me that I binge and then I'm so guilty I get depressed afterwards. I binged last night... it's sad how binging just once makes me feel like I need to give up on myself. I'm sure as time passes that'll get easier. But when I binge, I think "See, you can't do it. Don't bother." I definitely have to work on that!

MiZ- 153 is awesome! You're so close!

Today is 5 weeks since my boyfriend left on deployment. During the week I get caught up and don't think about it too much, but Monday mornings it usually hits me. I got really spoiled because the week before last he was in port in France all week, so we got to video chat and talk on the phone for the week. He's a submariner, so we have limited contact anyway but at this point of the deployment we have literally zero contact. Prior to this, I was getting at least 1 email every 2 days, but now their outgoing mail is off. I *THINK* he's getting mine as of right now, but I can never be sure. Ahhh only ____________ to go!! (:P Cant be specific about dates, of course)

I had a good workout today. Mondays I am with my trainer Gary, and he sure does know how to make me feel out of shape and uncoordinated! lol (In a good way, he's a nice guy). But one thing he had me do was bicep curls standing on one foot... yeah... Jamie = uncoordinated! lol I decided to add on another 30 minutes of cardio after my training. Kicked my butt but I'm glad I did it!
linalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #7  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

MiZTaCCen Yay for being so close to your goal!

Fromthebox Congrats!!

krampus Binge cycles are so hard to break out of. I've been noticing myself slipping into them lately, and I'm trying to stay calm. I know it's because I'm panicking about meeting goals/fitting into size my 10s before I visit home. I don't get why being concerned about not losing weight makes me want to do the opposite of what would help me.

-----------------

I've decided I'm going to allow myself an indefinite break from intense exercise until I have this fatigue issue dealt with. Not a total break from exercise, but I'm going to let myself postpone p90x (and try to ignore the voice in my head screaming QUITTER!!) and do whatever workouts I feel up to each day. Pretty much exercising for health/muscle maintenance and not fitness improvement. This was an extremely hard decision to make, and I'm trying not to feel guilty about it. But exercising so intensely was too much for me right now and after the umpteenth exhausted crying spell I knew I needed to change something. I see my Dr in a couple weeks and I'm really hoping he'll be able to help me.

My Dad sent chocolate dipped strawberries. Which I'm grateful for....but two boxes! He sent these for Easter last year and a couple went bad before I could eat them, so I'm stuck between wanting to space the calories and being afraid they'll be wasted. At least DH is here to help me eat them.

My wisdom teeth extraction is in a few days. I've stocked up on yogurt, jello cups, and vitamin waters. And a whole lot of anime to watch. I'm actually not dreading it at all, probably because I know I'll be unconscious for the procedure and have pain meds after. And the excuse to rest for a couple days is kind of appealing.

Wow, didn't mean to write that much....I'll try to be more active with personals this week. Hope everyone has a good day!
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #8  
Lifes a Journey

Krampus – Maybe take a break from it all and don’t obsess much about it. I decided this month was going to be less working out and the only reason why I’m focused on what I eat is because I don’t have a lot of food in my house. But sometimes you need that mental break to see the physical side of things.
Ishisnow – After being stuck in the 160s for so long and high 150’s I’m hoping the rest of it just flies by!

Linalin – I don’t know how you guys do it with the boyfriends going away. I really couldn’t do that and be happy about it that’s for sure! But I’m selfish haha.

TheBunneh – I took pretty much a month off of working out for the month of march. I don’t feel like a failure I think it’s helped me out a lot the last few weeks in the weight loss department. The scale wasn’t moving but the inches were…well not the scale is moving and I’m happy! Don’t stress too much about wisdom teeth the drugs are super fun! Haha

===

Thanks all, seriously the 170’s flew by so fast, the 160’s stuck forever and it seems like the 150’s are just itching to get away from me! I’m def not complaining!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #9  
One day at a time!!!

TheBunneh: Good luck with your teeth! I had two of mine removed a few years back and the healing wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, so hopefully you get an easy recovery too! I'm jealous of your chocolate dipped strawberries!

MiZ: It's hard! This is my first deployment so it's really a new experience for me... I am just counting down the weeks and busting my butt to surprise him when he gets back
Old 03-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #10  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
Boy this month had flew by so fast, where is the time going?!

Morning ladies it’s sure is a wonderful Monday…I’m kind of trying to keep my head up since I’m down to 153!!!!!
Congrats on the loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
I am so full I can hardly move - my friend threw a party at her restaurant for my mom tonight and served at least 12 different kinds of food ON TOP of taking our orders for Tex-Mex. It was essentially like a Thanksgiving dinner with a big group of friends, family, Okinawan sanshin (stringed instrument) playing, singalongs and oldies dancing, too good to be true.

I haven't had an "on-plan" day in a while. The binges need to stop though. Either I am severely depressed which makes me binge, or I binge and the guilt that follows makes me depressed. I am pretty sure it's the latter. What a dumb cycle to be in. I am very sure I would LOSE weight if I stopped thinking about food all the time, but of course it's very hard to make the jump from very obsessed/disordered thinking to intuitive normal eating.
I agree with others, maybe you should take a break with dieting. It's good to relax for a while. I had to take a break in December because I can get obsessive with counting calories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linalin View Post
Today is 5 weeks since my boyfriend left on deployment. During the week I get caught up and don't think about it too much, but Monday mornings it usually hits me. I got really spoiled because the week before last he was in port in France all week, so we got to video chat and talk on the phone for the week. He's a submariner, so we have limited contact anyway but at this point of the deployment we have literally zero contact. Prior to this, I was getting at least 1 email every 2 days, but now their outgoing mail is off. I *THINK* he's getting mine as of right now, but I can never be sure. Ahhh only ____________ to go!! (:P Cant be specific about dates, of course)
Keep your head up during the deployment, hopefully it will fly by. My husband is currently deployed and he will be home really soon. Is this your first deployment?

I am down 2lbs so far, only 9 more to go until I can hopefully maintain.

Last edited by Ekicna; 03-28-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #11  
One day at a time!!!

Ekicna: Yeah this is my first... definitely different than I expected! But we're making due Hopefully he'll be home sooner rather than later... I'm using this time to really surprise him! I've redecorated half the house and dropped 9 lbs so far lol congrats on your 2 pounds! Hopefully the rest will come off quickly!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

MiZ: Awesome Job getting down to 153!! I deff. believe you can get down to 140 before your b-day! I'm sure your boy will change his status soon! Have you changed yours yet? Maybe he is waiting on that. hehe

Krampus: Sounds like an awesome party. As for the binging I hope you get it under control..I know for myself once I eat something it's so hard to just stop with that 1 cookie or that 1 chip. I'm sure you can do it though.

lina: Sorry about your boyfriend..I really hope their outgoing mail gets turned back on and youll get to hear something from him soon. Awesome job on the workouts!

TheBrunneh: I really hope that you figure out what is causing all the fatigue. And I know that little voice inside your head cant be anoyning but do what your body is telling you to do.. Good luck with controlling yourself with the chocolate strawberries and your wisdom teeth. I had my removed a few years back and it wasn't that bad!

Ekicna: 2 more pounds? Wow your almost there. That's great!

Hey Hey Hey Everyone. I have deff. been slacking when it comes to keeping up with these post but you all talk so much it's hard to pinpoint every one of yall on personals! Sorry about that lol. I have also been in a predicament when it comes to getting this job. I had my 3rd and last interview today and it went smoothly I believe. They gave me a drug test and made me sign a slip for a background check and said it would be in within 1-2 weeks and then I'd hear something. So I'm hoping thats a positive thing! I just hope that I can somehow find a balance between my homework, my children, my housework, working out, and a job. But I'm sure I will manage.

As for my working out & eating goes. I have still be doing good. I have been working really hard at getting all my water in at the end of the day and I think that helps me out with my weight a lot! This morning I weighed in at 133.0, up .4 from yesterday but just happen to almost be out of the 130's. It's crazy how fast these 130's have gone. I thought I'd be stuck in the 160's since I never got out of them in highschool. Gosh if I had only stuck to this in highschool I wouldn't had to have gone through those 4 years miserably fat and unlike the rest of my peers. Oh well, no use remenising on the past!

I have a stack of homework to get to and I want to finish up the laundry before hubby gets off work. I hope all yall have had a wonderful Monday!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #13  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

MIZ- Congrats on your achievement!! When I weighed in today I was at 159 and I was jumping up and down I was SO excited. I do not want to go back to the 60s EVER AGAIN!! (unless of course i'm pregnant then anything for the baby ha ha) I completely undrestand about the FB status. My fiance and I were dating for like 4 months before he got around to changing it.. and then we got engaged and it was like the first thing I did.
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #14  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by linalin View Post
Ekicna: Yeah this is my first... definitely different than I expected! But we're making due Hopefully he'll be home sooner rather than later... I'm using this time to really surprise him! I've redecorated half the house and dropped 9 lbs so far lol congrats on your 2 pounds! Hopefully the rest will come off quickly!
This is our 2nd in a row with a 7 month down time. If you ever need to talk, I'm here. What branch is your BF in?
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #15  
One day at a time!!!

Thanks! He's in the Navy. He had a month long underway in January, came home for a few weeks and then left on this deployment. The only good thing, I guess lol, is that he's only got TAD orders to the sub he's on right now so he is only (SUPPOSEDLY!) doing 1/2 the deployment... and then he goes to the sub he's attached to and will do THEIR next deployment with them! Poor guy is going to be exhausted! I bet your DH is exhausted too!
I'm definitely here to talk too! I don't have much experience but I can at least relate on how it feels! What branch are you guys?