Old 03-23-2011, 10:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/175/140-120

Height: 5'2

Default Urgh! I reeaaallly want a cookie... :(

Do you ever have those days where you have been so good for a week or two and then those aweful cravings start to flow? Its like being pregnant without the baby lol. All I want to do is have a damn cookie or maybe some mac and cheese MmmMmm. But I don't want to waste my calories you know? I have to fit into my SIL's bridesmaids dress for her wedding in August. It is just hard when you have someone in your life who eats that and you want to too. My question is, is it worth it to cheat every now and then if it makes you feel like crap after that you ate it in the first place???....thanks for listening to my dumb rant XD
Tokenfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #2  
Losing Weight As I Work

S/C/G: 235 / tracker / 150

Height: 5'6

Probably Worst Advice Ever:
I have to cheat every once in a while just because all my past attempts I was so strict on myself.
This ultimately cause me to WANT chips... cookies... McDonalds (I now hate McDonalds..Ironic?) so bad because I never let myself "cheat".
Eventually I couldn't take it...
and I would start binge eating the stuff I crave and eventually fall off the wagon all together.
This time around I allow myself to "cheat" but without overdoing it
and I make a promise to myself to stay on the bike 10 more minutes.
jlee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

LOL, my cravings while I was pregnant were NEVER as bad as when I want an "off limits" food! I say if you want a cookie then fit a cookie into your daily calorie allotment and go for it. A calorie isn't a calorie, but neither is one cookie going to undo everything, especially if you work it into your plan.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I LOVE SWEET FOOD and have the worst sweet tooth. To accommodate this, I make super healthy muffins and cookies all the time using ww flower, half the sugar (only brown sugar), oats and bran when I can, mashed bananas or pumpkin butter instead of oil, etc. It's not as healthy as grabbing a handful of carrots to satisfy the craving, but at least it's a delicious homemade treat that makes me feel like I'm indulging without all the HFCS, refined sugar and white flour, and a bit of nutrients snuck in
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:46 AM   #5  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

I agree with both above posters...and also would like to add that "cheats" are ok as long as you plan for them. I have one about once/week. It's usually food though (take out chinese, jamaican or pizza). I don't really miss the sweets, cuz I have it every morning in the form of pumpkin raisin muffins or blueberry muffins which I make delishous, yet nutritious!

I say...have a cookie, if you want it that bad...but not the entire box.
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/154/135

Height: 5"5

I cannot survive without sweets. I live around people who eat them everyday, so it's hard to resist. So I work those sweets into my day. If I don't, I will binge later. As long as you plan it, I say it's fine. Even if you cave in and eat more cookies than you meant to, it's not the end! Just accept it, get back on track, and learn from it. Good luck!
ar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/175/No idea

Height: 6'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokenfatgirl View Post

Do you ever have those days where you have been so good for a week or two and then those aweful cravings start to flow? Its like being pregnant without the baby lol. All I want to do is have a damn cookie or maybe some mac and cheese MmmMmm. But I don't want to waste my calories you know? I have to fit into my SIL's bridesmaids dress for her wedding in August. It is just hard when you have someone in your life who eats that and you want to too. My question is, is it worth it to cheat every now and then if it makes you feel like crap after that you ate it in the first place???....thanks for listening to my dumb rant XD
There's nothing wrong with having one cookie... or even three cookies. If you did it every day, three times a day, it might become a problem.

If you're suffering because you're depriving yourself of the things you enjoy, then you're just gaining one form of suffering to get rid of another one, which will probably make you resent the whole weight loss thing because of it. I try to follow a middle ground, or find a better alternative that fills that craving.

-L89
Lurker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #8  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I get cravings all the time and I eat whatever I'm craving. Like now, I saw cookie and really want one. Fortunately for me I have no money so I can't feed my cravings until next thursday haha.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

Height: 5'5"

My immediate thought when I read the title of your post was so have a cookie. A cookie, one single cookie. Make it an awesome one, from the bakery, and delight in the one single cookie. Don't buy a bag of them, or bake 3 dozen, just go out, fit it in, and make it a date
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Yup, go eat a cookie but make it one and make it a good one.

I've been craving a juicy burger and fries from a place near my home for about 3 weeks now. I've otherwise been eating great (with a few, rare, exceptions when I was on the road) since January. I'm eating that burger this weekend I've decided...not sure about the fries (think I might skip them).

Last edited by asweetchicagogirl1; 03-24-2011 at 01:21 PM.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/175/140-120

Height: 5'2

Thanks all!! very helpful info! i think i may have one when i go into work..its nice that i can still have one but go for a run later and work it off.. XD yay happy me lol
Tokenfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #12  

i too have a ridiculous sweet tooth ( or starchy carby tooth? ) lol I finally gave up trying to fight it and then binging on cake or chocolate or like u said mac and cheese or any form of fried potatos mmmMm. I went and stocked up on 100 calorie pack cookies or sugar free pudding which tastes awful until i add a dallop of reddi whip low cal 5 calorie a serving to get rid of the cravings for sweets.

As for mac and cheese I found Trader Joes has a new guilt free mac and cheese or buy like smart ones or lean cuisine type mac and cheese and have it as your meal >200cal. I've found no solution for potatos though... i just munch on carrots cucumbers and hummus or something. good luck though. i too have a wedding to go to this summer which im furiously trying to look better for!!!

If worse comes to worse.. which unfortunately is often -- I let myself have some. A few bites of whatever I'm craving. I make someone else order it and have some. Because for me.. having some is wayyyyyyyyyy better then having A LOT later
Merissa2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

now THIS is probably the worst advice ever but:

Honestly, I allow myself to have 1 pack of those Thinsations cookies (Oreo are the best) a day. They are 100 calories a pack, and I find them to be a life saver because I also have a sweet tooth.

I'm not advising it, or advising against it, just saying what I do. So far my weight loss has been ok, but if it stops, obviously I will need to take out the cookies!
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default cookies!

LOL, it's funny how many replies you got on this!

Go eat the cookie, but only one. And heck, if you are really needed cookies, make some healthy ones and include one in your calorie allotment every other day to curb the sweet tooth. If you don't, you might go crazy! LOL.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...10000001949710

I made these cookies last week and boy-oh-boy were they tasty. I included them in my calorie allotment for the week and boy am I glad I did. Having that extra piece of chocolate put the demons at bay for a bit.

I'm trying to incorporate more sweets. My sister says she loves these frozen yogurt places that are popping around. I'm going to pop my head into one this weekend and enjoy a chocolate frozen treat. :-) I love ice cream---but on a diet, that's a no-go. But now that it's frozen and yogurt, a little bit easier to slide by.

You can still eat sweets, they just have to be different types of sweets. Be sure to be good to yourself on this journey.
librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/127

Height: 5'0"

I was just telling someone earlier how much I used to crave sweets, in turn making me crave just about anything and everything in the junk food realm. It was always the BIGGEST letdown to me whenever I'd mentally let my guard down and tell myself I could eat a cookie, thinking that in it I'd find some kind of reward.. and the cookie turned out to taste like a crap. So listen to the other ladies and make sure you get one worth breaking your resolve for!
tabitl is offline   Reply With Quote