Old 04-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 207/198/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit4Lyfe View Post
Yay...we have twin goals...But tell me about your calorie counting, because CC'ing has worked so well for me that I wanted to find out why it's not working for you (although I know not everything works for everybody) can you give me an idea about what you're eating? And also, how often do you do the Power90 workouts? Sometimes, if we work out extra vigorously our bodies hold on to fluid to regenerate out muscles (lactic acid it's called...I think, don't quote me on that) and you just might need to take a break for a day or two and give your body time to regenerate and those pounds fall right off...

Well, I'm 240.6 today, so I am powering through these first few pounds...as it usually is. But I am going to be switching it up in May going back to bootcamp so I expect to see some real results in May. Happy Friday Ladies!!!
Oh I am trying so hard to stay on track! It's really discouraging to see the scale staying the same or going up, but never down! Just yesterday I upped my cal intake to 1400 to see if maybe I wasn't eating enough calories. I would think 1200 would be good for me, but I'll try this and see. I track EVERYthing I eat with an app on my phone. A typical day for me is:

Breakfast: Slimfast shake & a 6oz yougurt
midmorning snack: yogurt and a piece of fruit
Lunch: Slimfast shake and a string cheese
afternoon snack: Pickle or yogurt or string cheese or fruit
Dinner: 6 oz lean meat, 1 cup of fresh green veggies and a starch (white rice or broiled baby red potatoes)

What is a typical day for you??

I've just started with power90 and I'm on my 5th day today.
Im really considering switching to the Atkins diet to see if that will work better for me. I started back in January on WW and didn't see a difference so I've been doing straight calorie counting for about a month now, and still no results. I've added the exercise to see if that would make the difference. I know I need to be patient, but I think all my patience left me some time last week.

Good luck with boot camp! and your 25lb goal!
Reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #62  
Speechless and Redundant

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Hello everyone, hope all of you are doing good and losing great so far. Weighed in today at 163, which is two pounds down! Very happy with this week, hope all of you have great weekends.
clickit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 201/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Reasons: I hear you it is discouraging to be working hard and not see the results... I am up 1.5 pounds this week... I did all my workouts and ate well all but one meal.... Hope next week is better... Hang in there, you will see resulsts if you stick to it!!! ( I think I might be trying to motivate myself at the same time....)
tracyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm going to be ambitious and set a goal of 20lbs! I'll be doing my first triathlon around then so I need to get rid of the excess pounds so they don't slow me down =)
Jelbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 207/198/170

Height: 5'9"

clickit - Way to go!

Trayco - Thanks! You'll get there and so will I! We just need to stay on track.

I was so frustrated today, and tired of being hungry. On my lunch hour (I go home for lunch) I spent some of my calories on some pizza rolls. I'm still on track but my calories were wasted on crap for food.
Reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Well I had an NSV today! I fit into size 16 capris! I'm so thrilled!! I'm up a pound today but not officially weighing in because its not weigh-in day for me and I haven't been drinking my water!
Princess of the KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

Reasons- great job staying motivated! you can do it! I am also a calorie counter. I think that with you doing PX90 you will might need more calories. Try bumping them up and give it some time. If you have put your body in starvation mode, it will take it some time to adjust. But stick with it! Maybe add some nuts for a good energy source for that workout. I hear it's brutal! Also might want to add some whole grains for your carbs for energy (try to stay clear of white refined carbs). That will help you feel engergized.

I did very good today, stayed on plan and had a great workout. I feel great. I'm hungry and it's late. I normally don't eat late because i have found that directly affects the scale in the morning but I don't want my body to feel hungry so I'm munching some baby carrots. My official weigh in is Monday so I'm really hoping for a decrease!!! Great job everyone, keep it up!!
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #68  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasons View Post
Oh I am trying so hard to stay on track! It's really discouraging to see the scale staying the same or going up, but never down! Just yesterday I upped my cal intake to 1400 to see if maybe I wasn't eating enough calories. I would think 1200 would be good for me, but I'll try this and see. I track EVERYthing I eat with an app on my phone. A typical day for me is:

Breakfast: Slimfast shake & a 6oz yougurt
midmorning snack: yogurt and a piece of fruit
Lunch: Slimfast shake and a string cheese
afternoon snack: Pickle or yogurt or string cheese or fruit
Dinner: 6 oz lean meat, 1 cup of fresh green veggies and a starch (white rice or broiled baby red potatoes)

What is a typical day for you??

I've just started with power90 and I'm on my 5th day today.
Im really considering switching to the Atkins diet to see if that will work better for me. I started back in January on WW and didn't see a difference so I've been doing straight calorie counting for about a month now, and still no results. I've added the exercise to see if that would make the difference. I know I need to be patient, but I think all my patience left me some time last week.

Good luck with boot camp! and your 25lb goal!
Thanks for the well wishes and I am going to say your typical day seems too light in calories, and when you don't eat enough calories your body begins to "hoard" calories for survival. Do you ever feel hungry? How much water are you drinking? And also, I agree with aerogora, with something as exhaustive as P90X, you need to be consuming more calories, more complex carbs and more protein. Up those calories a bit (with good stuff...I'm bad at this, when I have extra calories, I fill it with crap too much of the time) and stick with it, give it about 2 weeks to see any real changes. HTH

A typical day for me depends on if I exercise or not...I'll do exercise:

Pre-workout: "green" smoothie (a veggie-heavy smoothie with some fruit to sweeten it and some almond milk usually about 200-250 calories)
Breakfast: Oatmeal (instant or regular depending on time it is filling and you can prepare it a ton of ways) with 100-calorie slenders as toast 300-400 calories
Lunch: Left-overs or frozen meal like Lean Gourmet/Lean Cuisine (I usually "doctor" it up with extra veggies or something if I have time) usually about 400-500 calories
Dinner: Depends, I eat whatever I have or make...try to keep it under 500 calories
Snacks: Eh...can be a sweet snack like pudding (130 calories) or rice cakes (45 calories each) or something

By the end of a typical day I've usually eaten anywhere between 1,400-1,800 calories...depending on how vigorously I've worked out and how I've eaten that day...I am shooting for 2 lbs/week and I like to work out Mondays-Fridays and my official weigh-ins are Monday mornings.

UPDATE: So the past two days (Friday and Saturday) I've been pigging out a little and I gained 2 oz so far, but that's okay...I'm going to a Baby Shower tomorrow (I think) and I'll probably have some crap there too...all I can do is try and minimize the damage and try my best to hold at 240 by my official weigh-in. Have a good Sunday ladies!!!
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 206.8/168.9/115

Height: 5' 5"

159.1 today! I can't say enough about a healthy vegan diet! :-D
WannabeNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Lost 1.4 lbs this Week! Well on my way to my goal. Had a hard time thisweekend, but wasn't too bad and fully back on trak today
SHORTS AND A TANK ON THE FOURTH HERE I COME!
angelinelosesweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeNurse View Post
159.1 today! I can't say enough about a healthy vegan diet! :-D
Way to go Nurse! On to the 150's
angelinelosesweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 206.8/168.9/115

Height: 5' 5"

thanks angeline! This is the very first time that I have dieted WITHOUT depriving myself of the foods I love, and it's really paying off!
WannabeNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

great job Angeline and Nurse!!!
I weighed in this morning and I'm 152.6, so down 2 lbs!!! I think I might actually get into the 140's by July 4th! It's sooooo close!!
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #74  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies! I weighed in at 240.4 today, so a 3-lb loss this week; it would have been more if I hadn't have spent 3 days eating way too much!!! I'm right on track with my goal!
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #75  
One calorie at a time

S/C/G: 155/149/135

Height: 5'4"

Can I be in as well? 12 weeks is definitely a longer term goal for me. If things go really well.... I will be out of the 140's by July 4th! More general goal is to have more days than not each week at/under my carb goal (<120g). I'm trying to cut down on sugar and this seems like a manageable number for me. Sooo -
Starting weight: 149.6
July 4 Goal: 13-something!
Missjessica is offline   Reply With Quote