3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20-Somethings Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/228156-20-somethings-profiles.html)

thesarabear 01-11-2012 02:55 PM

Me!

First name: Sara

Geographical location: Louisville, KY

Marital Status: Single but in a long-term relationship

Children/Ages: Read:Pets

Pets: 3 wonderful kitties.

Hobbies/Interests: Crafts (knitting with a loom, crocheting, macrame), Indie Music, many other types of music, reading, and most recently running!

Height: 5'3''

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-Green/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Last summer, but this year with much more vigor!

Starting Weight: 171

Present Weight: 164

Goal Weight: 140, or maybe 130? We'll see!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overeating. I enjoy food, and I grew up in the rural south and we love heavy,carby food! One thing that is helping me now is I discovered I am gluten intolerant, so I've solve some digestive/bloating issues and cut out some of the carbs!!

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting as of this year.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have my boyfriend on board, and I've doscovered I enjoy cardio--I used to have a had time making myself do it in the past.

Anything else you would like to share with us::carrot:

MarieA 01-11-2012 03:45 PM

First name: Marie

Geographical location:Vancouver Island

Marital Status:Engaged

Children/Ages:My Boy is 10, My Baby Girl is 8

Pets:A Rescue Mix Named Jaxon, 2 Pomeranians Kody and August and 1 Cat named Princess

Hobbies/Interests:Photography, camping, walking on the beach

Height:5'7

Eye/Hair Color:Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Been trying for years most recently December 2011

Starting Weight:260

Present Weight:240

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:I love food and cooking and my Fiance can eat anything

Following any specific plan:My DR's have me on a plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I've tried everything Atkins, South Beach, Soup, Diet Pills, Working out, Fasting, Raw Food, Rice, you name it I have tried it

naffy 01-19-2012 04:19 PM

First name: Nafisa

Geographical location:Toronto, Canada

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: I have a playful cat who is about 2 years old! His name is Sammy :)

Hobbies/Interests: I love to dance, and do hair and makeup on others and myself

Height:5 ft. 6"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown (both hair and eyes) Until I get bored and change my hair colour ;)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 16th, 2012

Starting Weight: 208 lbs

Present Weight: 208 lbs

Goal Weight: 150 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: STICKING WITH IT! keeping myself motivated so I don't give up, also pushing myself through difficult workouts

Following any specific plan:No specific diet plan, I am just sticking to around 1500 calories a day, low carbs. I want this to be a lifestyle change, not a fad diet that goes down the drain quickly :)

As for working out, I have started turbofire - but may begin insanity with my brother shortly.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am doing this with my family. My mom and brother are also trying to get healthier and work out so that will help me stay focused and motivated.

Anything else you would like to share with us: That about sums it up! This website is very helpful so far! :)

maddie2 01-19-2012 09:23 PM

First name: Madelyn

Geographical location: Tampa, FL

Pets: Boxer named Ruby

Hobbies/Interests: Make up, shopping, reading, but I actually do read

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of weight loss journey: January 5, 2012

Starting Weight: 172

Present Weight: 164

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Time and exercise

Following any specific plan: Yes

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm determined to be the best possible me I can be!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm so happy to have found 3FC! i'm taking this journey with my BFFl Brittney and we're determined to be some bad b words by summer! (in a good way of course) :hug:

CurryMama 01-19-2012 09:37 PM

First name: Shanae

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: Austin, 5 and Dylan, 3

Pets: dog, Sam

Hobbies/Interests: listening to music, watching movies, hanging with the kids

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: blue-greenish/light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: original Jan 2011...restarting Jan 2012

Starting Weight: original 217...restarting at 194.8

Present Weight: 196..stupid muffins lol

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: self control

Following any specific plan: counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: not much lol

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just excited to be back at it again!

bikinibound10 01-20-2012 07:02 AM

First name: Julia

Geographical location: Florida

Pets: 1 goldfish named ZacBrown

Hobbies/Interests: line dancing, movies, doing all tyoes of new things

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes/ black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/20/12

Starting Weight: 237

Present Weight: 237

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking to it and getting the motivation

Following any specific plan: calorie counting and lots of exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: im tired of being fat

Anything else you would like to share with us: hope you all reach your weight goals!

ohlauren 01-21-2012 11:35 AM

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: Maine

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: I love to read, go to movies, get pedicures, and watch NFL football (Go Patriots!)

Height: 5' 10"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown hair, greenish hazel eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've been overweight since middle school, seriously started to lose in March of 2009, struggled on and off for a few years, and my most recent start date is 1.19.12

Starting Weight: 220 +

Present Weight: 205

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to sit on the couch and binge eat. I also have recently realized how much I love sweets. I never considered myself much of a sweet tooth, but over the holidays, rarely a trip to the grocery store would pass without my stopping by the bakery and picking up a cupcake or slice of cheesecake. Also- I have a history of getting off track and having a very hard time picking it back up.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't want to waste my life anymore. I can't wear the clothes I want, and I feel uncomfortable around new people. I want the world to see the person that I know is there.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

Ema87 01-21-2012 12:27 PM

First name: Ema

Geographical location: Balkans

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: -

Pets: -

Hobbies/Interests:

Height: 169 cm or 5' 6.5''

Eye/Hair Color: green/light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 14.01.2012

Starting Weight: 78 kg or 171,6 lbs

Present Weight: 77,5 kg

Goal Weight: 62 kg or 136 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking to the plan on long-term basis (beyond those first 2-3 months)

Following any specific plan: workout and diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this time I'm reaching out to this community

Bellasmommy924 01-21-2012 03:45 PM

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 1- 15 months

Hobbies/Interests: playing with my little one, doing crafts, spending time with family, decorating

Height: 5'4"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 4th 2012

Starting Weight: 225

Present Weight: 220

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not wanting to eat comfort food when i feel stressed and getting discouraged with the slow process

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting - 1200- 1500 max exercise 3 times a week.... and i wear a pedometer

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I have made EVERYONE aware of what I am doing.. this way I have the support of my co workers.. and also have joined 3FC.. i have way more accountability than I did in previous attempts. Also I have a little one now that I want to be able to keep up with!

Nadya 01-21-2012 07:19 PM

First name: Kristy

Geographical location: New York

Children/Ages: NA

Pets: none with me, several family pets at home (cats & a dog)

Hobbies/Interests: gaming, reading, music, movies, random things I flit between...and sleeping...

Height: 5'3.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/currently a light brown but usually my natural blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: sometime in early September

Starting Weight: 181

Present Weight: ~167

Goal Weight: ~120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: giving in, not working hard enough, making excuses, guilt over making mistakes

Following any specific plan: nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm viewing this as a lifestyle change, not a diet, and I'm being more logical about it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm sort of flaky, it's hard to keep my attention for too terribly long. I am an anxious, worrisome person by nature and have GAD and SAD but I'm friendly and like to help people.

LuciMarie 01-22-2012 06:50 PM

First name: Lucille

Geographical location: Chicago (currently)

Pets: None in the dorms, lovable pooch back home.

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, reading, movie marathons

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Green (usually)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Always, but for this case January 5th.

Starting Weight: 235

Present Weight: 225

Goal Weight: 143

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Availability of 'good' food (living on a small campus)

Following any specific plan: Finishing up MediFast (currently on a budget, don't want to ask for money so I'm discontinuing MediFast after I'm done with what I have). Basically watching calories and keeping some of the MediFast ideas.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: More motivation I suppose (real world, graduation, etc.)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just glad to join a forum where I can go after a long day of classes and talk to whomever is around.

Veela 01-22-2012 09:00 PM

First name: Christy

Geographical location: Toronto

Marital Status: Common law with my BF of 5 years

Children/Ages:0

Pets:1 black cat named Henry

Hobbies/Interests: I love reading, learning new skills and information, singing and nutrition

Height:5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Bluey, greeny grey eyes, honey blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Not really sure but I guess when I joined the gym again would be a good date so Sept/12/2011

Starting Weight:167lbs

Present Weight:162lbs

Goal Weight:120 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Time and energy are my biggest hurdles along with a love of all things sweet especially anything cake or bread based!

Following any specific plan: Metabolic resistance training along with High intensity interval training for exercise and focusing on a low GI diet that focuses on eating whole foods with lots of legumes, veggies and healthy fats.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In August I found out that I have PCOS and need to lose weight sooner rather than later. The sooner I get it under control the less likely it will affect future fertility and it will also decrease my chances of developing insulin resistance or diabetes.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really want this time losing weight to be different so I am trying to form habits in my lives that I can stick with while focusing on my mental road blocks as well. I am trying to use positive affirmation to keep me focused and motivated and also to stop me from making poor choices.

Kahokkuri 01-22-2012 09:24 PM

First name: Jo
Geographical location: Japan
Marital status: Single
Children: None
Pets: Nope
Hobbies & Interests: Using the computer for media consumption, graphic design, communication. Reading. Playing flute and piccolo. Listening to various kinds of music.
Height: 5'9"
Eye color: Hazel
Hair color: Black with purple bits
Starting date of weightloss journey: Ambiguously about a year ago.
Starting weight: 213lbs/96.7kg
Present weight: 191lbs/87kg
Goal weight: 150lbs/68kg

What is your biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss? Lack of motivation to get me to the gym (I'm fine once I'm there!), not beating myself up for mistakes or perceived failures, overcoming boredom eating

Following any specific plan? Tweaking as I go.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past? I know that my weight doesn't define my value as a person and I'm no longer desperate to lose weight overnight.

Anything else you would like to share with us? I can't believe I didn't fill this out before! The fact that I'm still on 3FC a year after I joined shows me that this community has had a positive impact on my journey; I certainly hope others will feel the same way!

huds 01-22-2012 10:56 PM

First name: Hannah

Geographical location: Colorado

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Weight Lifting, swing dancing, running, reading, music

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/22/12

Starting Weight: 177

Present Weight: 177

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: getting a good diet dialed in and followed

Following any specific plan: Intermittent Fasting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've got a reason other than just to be skinny

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm good at exercise, I'm bad at actually being on a controlled diet

AilsaPearl 01-23-2012 08:33 PM

Hey guys! I'm new here so nice to meet you all! :)

First name: Ailsa

Geographical location: North Carolina

Marital Status: In a relationship

Pets: 2 cats at home, none at school

Hobbies/Interests: Friends, family, drawing, fashion, reading, movies, music, running

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/15/2011

Starting Weight: 188

Present Weight: 157

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: resisting eating when not truly hungry, eating of boredom or cause it tastes good!

Following any specific plan: Low fat/low cal

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have been working really hard and my efforts have resulted in weight loss! now I feel like I can do it for real.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Let's motivate each other and keep on the bandwagon! :)

CallMeTraci 01-24-2012 02:35 AM

I'm jumping aboard, too. I've got some serious goals to meet this year and would love the community support/atmosphere to back me. So hello to everyone and work hard. Also, congrats Ailsa! There are so many posts to read (sorry guys, I don't have the time to read every intro!), but I did see yours. Good job, girl!

First name: Traci

Geographical location: Southern California

Marital Status: In a relationship - my first one :).

Hobbies/Interests: Laughing, being silly, reading (I adore books), SINGING, karaoke, meeting new people and socializing, organizing and planning, hiking, stargazing (no, I don't know my constellations), did I mention singing?

Height: 5 feet 3 and 3/4 inches

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown/hazel brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2012 is when I got back on the bandwagon.

Starting Weight: 171 lbs

Present Weight: 165 lbs

Goal Weight: 130 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The eating and consistency!! "Oh, a [insert name of sweet here] sounds good. Mmm."

Following any specific plan: I haven't followed it religiously since starting again, but it has worked for me in the past. It's a plan called "Fitness Made Simple." Really simple concepts and easy-to-follow workouts and meals.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm going to lose 30 lbs by July and then speak with an Air Force recruiter. This particular route may change as I learn more about what I want to do in the AF and how I want to join, but the weight plan stays the same. If I lose more than my original goal of 30, then hallelujah.

Anything else you would like to share with us: The movie, Step Brothers, is hilarious.

LadyW1nger 01-24-2012 04:01 PM

Hi all! I'm new here so this is a great way to introduce myself!

First name: Melanie

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: A stepson-to-be, 9

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Hmm, right now I don't get to do much besides work and work on wedding-related projects. But I love movies, playing trivia, board games, ice skating and cake decorating (which has been oh-so-good for my waistline!)

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: brown/blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2012 is when I got back on the bandwagon.

Starting Weight: 211 lbs

Present Weight: 207 lbs

Goal Weight: 130 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I don't really like to cook but I'm trying really hard not to eat out as much. But I do love to bake, so trying to cut back on sweets is going to be a big challenge.

Following any specific plan: I'm following the eat out less, exercise more plan - lol. I just started a Couch to 5k program as well.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My September wedding is a huge motivator. I want to start my marriage as healthy as I can be (and look good in my strapless dress!)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm so excited to get to know you guys!

jennyinnyc 01-25-2012 08:02 PM

Hey! I'm new here too, so I figure I should introduce myself this way...

First name: Jen

Geographical location: NYC

Hobbies/Interests: I run marathons (but seem to have trouble losing the excess weight), cook, play jazz piano, and watch movies.

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 26th 2012

Starting Weight: 145

Present Weight: 145

Goal Weight: 118-120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I study and run from class to class, so it's hard to cook food and prepare what I'm going to eat during the day. Also, I have tons of classmate friends who want to go out to dinner several times a week!

Following any specific plan: None yet, but I'm slowly leaning toward the paleolithic way of eating.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past, it was surprisingly easy to lose weight and I didn't even think about it. I felt like it was the only thing I could control at the time (rough patch in college). But now that I'm in grad school and about to become a real adult, it's so hard to lose the last 20 lbs!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm just excited to get and give support in these forums with you all!

CallMeTraci 01-26-2012 02:28 PM

Welcome Melanie and Jen! I hear you on the sweets part and eating out less, Mel. Since starting a relationship, I've consciously made an effort to eat out (and sometimes, it's more for convenience). My bf and I like trying new places and finding hole-in-the-wall eateries :/. It's not good for either of our waistlines or wallets.

Jen, are you currently training for a race? Which marathons have you run? I lost 30 lbs when I began marathon training, but gained it all back and then some when I moved and stopped running. I'm slowly getting back into the running.

angiewinning 01-30-2012 06:25 PM

hey everyone!

new to the forum! :)

First name: Angela

Geographical location: Athens GA

Marital Status: have a lucky guy ;)

Pets: one dog! shih-tzu/shnauzer mix named Sammy

Hobbies/Interests: reading, guitar, music, traveling!

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: black and dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan. 22

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 191

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: portion control!! and being a pasta lover

Following any specific plan: weight watchers!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm getting support from others!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: i'm really excited to lose weight and be at a normal weight range for the first time in my life! :)

CallMeTraci 01-30-2012 06:58 PM

Good luck, Angie! I love pasta, too. Actually, carbs in general, but I'm finding alternatives aren't so bad :). (Ex: lettuce wraps over bread).

Mrs Sawdon 01-30-2012 08:59 PM

First name: Allison

Geographical location: South-Western Ontario, Canada

Martial status: married

Children/ages: one boy, Daemyn, age 2.

Pets: A dog, a cat and a bearded dragon

Hobbies/Interests: When I am not busy trying to keep up with my son, I enjoy: Scrapbooking, Sewing, Cooking, Reading, Bowling, Swimming and just hanging out. My favorite tv shows are True Blood, The Big Bang Theory and Supernatural. I love a variety of music, and listen to artists from almost every genre.

Height: 5'4", muscular build

Eye/Hair color: my eyes change from grey, to blue to green. My hair is a dirty blond, that I sometimes highlight.

Starting date for weight loss journey: A struggle I have had my entire life. This time around I started on Jan 3, 2012.

Starting weight: 250
Present weight: 225
Goal weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome:
Stress, deppression and my sweet tooth.

Following any specific plan: low carb, no sugar and lots of veggies and water. Also trying to settle into an exercise routine.

What is different this time in your weight loss journey?:
I recently found out that I have PCOS and insulin resistance, my high weight is making both of these worse. Also my hormonal imbalance Is causing adema, and I have an unhealthy amount of water weight.
That being said all this can be helped by losing weight, and living healthy! Weight loss for me this time, is no longer about vanity, but about my health!

Anything else you want to share?: In 4 years I gained 80lbs.and went from 7-20 in pant sizes. I plan to lose all 80 lbs and then some and get back to a healthy weight. I want this for my husband, my son but most of all for myself. I deserve to be happy and healthy! ;)

erin2314 01-30-2012 11:58 PM

First name: Erin

Geographical location: Southern Louisiana

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: 3 energetic dogs

Hobbies/Interests: I love crafts of all kind

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today! 1/29/12

Starting Weight: 282

Present Weight: 282

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to the food plan

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein with certified dietitian

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: First time with a program other than "Low calories & Exercise"

Kait 01-31-2012 01:29 PM

First name: Kaitlyn

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: Taken(online relationship)

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: miniature schnauzer named Emmy!

Hobbies/Interests: music, family, movies/tv, camping

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/darkbrown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 31, 2012

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: resisting food in the house that my mom and stepdad buy!

Following any specific plan: So far I've been doing 30 min on the elliptical about 5 days a week and watching what i eat. I need to start calorie counting though.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm motivated to get in shape for myself and for someone else. :)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to get started!

rolypolyprincess 01-31-2012 06:39 PM

This looks fun!

First name: Beth

Geographical location: Indiana!

Marital Status: Unmarried, 5 year relationship with a wonderful guy.

Pets: One spoiled rotten Siamese: Leonardo.

Hobbies/Interests: I love photography and traveling. I'm majoring in psychology and plan on heading to grad school within the next year to pursue even MORE psychology. I'm definitely a big movie buff.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, dark brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around? January 3, 2012

Starting Weight: 220.0

Present Weight: 205.4

Goal Weight: 240

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Definitely has to be exercising. But I'm trying to get into running and a little weight lifting.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting crazy person.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I guess this time just feels different. I am living on my own. My bf (whom lives with me) is also making healthier choices and exercise and is very supportive. I'm also really finding my groove, which I never really felt before.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I think that about covered it. Ready for big changes!

CallMeTraci 01-31-2012 07:06 PM

Welcome to 3FC, girls! (Yeahhh, I've kind of taken it upon myself to be "cheerleader" and "greeter" since posting my intro. I hope we can interact more). May you all find the motivation/inspiration/support that you desire on these forums :). I've found that the challenges and accountability that comes with it have pushed me to do better in following my fitness plans.

AilsaPearl 01-31-2012 08:30 PM

Just a thought - if any of you are interested in a February challenge there is this one I'm going to participate in as well,
"February Weight Loss Challenge"
for the ladies! And also another weigh in / accountability one is

"New Year to Mid Year Challenge!"

I really need some additional motivation at the moment so I'm going to join in on these, hope you all are doing great! :)

Dulo27 02-01-2012 01:03 AM

First name: Dulce

Geographical location: Texas y'all

Children/Ages: Isis, 13 and Alicia, 3

Pets: no

Hobbies/Interests: photography, bike riding, love all types of music, and dancing

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/1/2012 (3rd times a charm)

Starting Weight:213.4

Present Weight: 200

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food!! I work out at least 4-5 tomes a week, but once the weekend get here it's all about food. The kids want to go out and eat and I go to my parents and my mims Mexican food is my weakness

Following any specific plan: I try to stay under 1300 calories and avoid carbs after 4pm

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my husband is on the wagon this time. Doing it alone caused conflict at dinner time. We would eat at different times and it messed us up.

Anything else you would like to share with us: do it for your self! I want to be healthier and want my kids to follow what I do right. I want them to have an active mom that can run around for many years to come.

Em123 02-01-2012 09:45 AM

First name: Em

Geographical location: London, UK

Marital Status: Single! Hehe

Hobbies/Interests: Foreign cultures and languages, cooking, art, dining, and being a general media obsessive. ^^

Height: 5'2.5

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown / Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 30th January 2012

Starting Weight: 72.5kg / 160lb

Present Weight: 72.3kg / 159.4lb

Goal Weight: 59.0kg / 130lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to my plan!

Following any specific plan: To lose weight slowly but consistently... I'm aiming for 1lb-1.5lb weight loss per week. I'm trying to achieve this mainly through a low calorie count (1200), (300 cal breakfast, 500 cal lunch, 300 cal dinner, and 2x 100 calorie snacks) and working out for at least 15 minutes a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In 2010, I managed to finally lose 17lb gradually and healthily and got down to 70kg (155lb). In 2011, I became very busy with my studies and studying abroad so I had no time for weight loss. In 2012, I want to get back on route and become healthy and actually get to my goal weight of 130lb. :exercise: (Also my cousin's wedding is coming up in 5 weeks which I want to lose 5-6lb for! Hehe :goodvibes: )

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've always been a chubby girl growing up, and when I was 15-16 I weighed my peak around 83.5kg (184lb). I'm now at an average fluctuating weight of 71-74kg (157-163lb), but I want to get rid of this weight once and for all and start living life as a maintainer of weight rather than someone who needs to constantly lose it. :sorry: I hope to share my journey with you guys and I'm looking forward to seeing your journeys, too. Thanks for reading guys!

CTripp924 02-03-2012 09:52 AM

First name: Chelsey

Geographical location: Virginia

Children/Ages: daughter, 5.

Pets: dog and cat

Hobbies/Interests: reading, video games, movies

Eye/Hair Color: brown brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 02/03/12

Starting Weight: 158

Present Weight: 158

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with it.

Following any specific plan: being more mindful of eating and trying to work out regulary

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: nothing, honestly. I'm just frustrated with myself and want to try again.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Put on 48 lbs while pregnant, managed to lose about all of it and then the rest of it from anxiety. Gained it back with the depo shot, lost that again through calorie counting and then gained back from just being lazy and the why bother attitude. I can't seem to get below my pre baby weight, which was 149, and I ultimately want to get back to my wedding weight of 130-135 ish. I fail at sticking with exercising because even when i was regular about it, no big difference.

princess katlynn 02-03-2012 06:06 PM

First name: Katie

Geographical location: Oklahoma

Marital Status: boyfriend

Children/Ages: none yet

Hobbies/Interests: computer,movies,hanging out

Height: 5'3ish

Eye/Hair Color: blue,dark auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/28/12

Starting Weight: 223

Present Weight: 223

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking with it

Following any specific plan: the 17 day diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel more motavated this time

Anything else you would like to share with us:Not right now:)

OhThePlaces 02-04-2012 06:35 PM

First name: Jamie

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Married for 5.5 years

Children/Ages: 2.75 year old son, and a 13 month old daughter

Occupation: I used to teach 2nd grade, but I've been a SAHM for almost 3 years. I'm ready to go back to work though, so hopefully that will happen soon.

Pets: 3 dogs (two boston terriers and a pug)

Hobbies/Interests: movies, parks, reading, dancing (at home), exercise

Height: 5'5.5

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes/Dark brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 02/01/2011

Starting Weight: One month after giving birth to my daughter I weighed 165 and started my weight loss journey from there (though I've been as high as the 180s in my earlier twenties)

Present Weight: 138

Goal Weight: 125-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food! I love to eat bad, carby food... ice cream, cake, french fries, pizza... I could eat all day.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting (1200-1400 most days) and exercising

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think I've finally figured out that I'm always going to have to think about what I'm eating and be moderate. In the past, I've gotten to a comfortable wait and then threw it all away by going right back to my old ways.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I got down to 132 lbs last summer and felt really happy and comfortable with my weight... then my husband came home from a 6 month deployment in July and since then I've packed on some pounds that I'm finally motivated to get (& keep!) off. :)

CaliforniaDreamer 02-04-2012 08:01 PM

First name: Nickail

Geographical location: California

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 1 & 1/2 year old yorkie named Giselle

Hobbies/Interests: Dancing,singing,reading,writing.

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/20/11

Starting Weight: 290

Present Weight: 267

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: staying on plan

Following any specific plan: 2000 cals, workout 1 hours a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually gave myself a deadline and I'm making it a challenge.

Luckenstein 02-04-2012 10:51 PM

First name:Amanda

Geographical location: Minnesota, brrrrr.

Marital Status:single

Children/Ages:0

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests: Running, making parody songs, writing stories, going to museums.

Height:5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Blue, Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:June 2010

Starting Weight: 191.5

Present Weight: 138

Goal Weight:125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: This pesky 138

Following any specific plan: Can;t find one that consistently works.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Nothing, Ive been consistent, my knowledge of nutrition has gotten better however. Mashed potatoes does not count as "health food".

Anything else you would like to share with us: Happy to meet you all, maybe you all can give me the support I need to finish this journey. :)

Lamdu 02-06-2012 03:22 PM

First name:Lindsay

Geographical location:Connecticut

Marital Status:Engaged

Children/Ages:n/a

Pets:1 cat 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests:movies, bowling, skiing, figure skating, traveling

Height:5'6"

Eye/Hair Color:Brown & Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:11/1/2011

Starting Weight:164

Present Weight:150

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Snacking

Following any specific plan:Insanity

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:More successful

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am trying to get to my goal weight by June 23rd for my wedding!

Mimzzy 02-08-2012 04:45 PM

I think I will join now that I hang around here the most.

First name: Isis

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: Common-law

Pets: Dog named Apollo

Hobbies/Interests: Video games - HALO WHAT?, Reading, Nutrition

Eye/Hair Color: Blue and Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 2011

Starting Weight: 177

Present Weight: 130.5

Goal Weight: 115-120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying away from restaurant's and to much cheese... I love cheese.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting, recently got Bodymedia fit and have been striving to meet the goals set on there.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think I am more mature, my will power it better and I genuinely want this. I am tired of being fat and unfit, I want a lean athletic body.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am happy to have a support group! My boyfriend, friend and I started out together but my friend fell off the wagon, my boyfriend met his goal (d@mn guys losing weight like its nothing!) and I was feeling a little alone. I want to thank everyone on 3FC for supporting me when I needed you!

mimsyborogoves 02-12-2012 01:12 AM

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: South Carolina

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: 00000000 thank the lord!

Pets: 1 cat named Daisy

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Music, Choir, Writing, Shopping, Makeup, Friends

Eye/Hair Color: Blue, Reddish brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 30, 2012

Starting Weight: 239lbs

Present Weight: 234lbs

Goal Weight: 200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Exercising and not being so afraid of myself

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and getting in a workout whenever I can

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually motivated and I joined a weight loss competition, so I'd feel guilty if I gave up now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been obese my whole life and I am so sick of it! I was a child the last time I weighed less than 200lbs, it'd be nice to see what I'd look like as a normal sized individual.

vkhRN07 02-12-2012 11:37 AM

First name: Valerie

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None yet! But would like to start trying soon after the wedding!

Pets: 2 cats- Biggie and Dexter

Hobbies/Interests: Tennis, reading, and I would like to learn how to crochet! Just recently tried picking this up :?:

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blonde hair, blue eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Lost part of the weight in the summer of 2010, stopped in August of 2010, and just now started back up January 8, 2012

Starting Weight: 235 in 2010, 218 in 2012

Present Weight: 201.6

Goal Weight: 150.0

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: At first, changing my eating habits was the most difficult. Mostly because I am addicted to sweets, and my fiance was eating poorly too (which as you all know, makes it much harder to stick to anything!). He started losing weight with me on January 8th (down from 240 to 212!) which makes it so much easier.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and exercise. Only thing that works for me.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
Before with weight loss I would look at it like 'omg, I have 65 pounds to loose! :tantrum:'. Now I am trying to look at it in 8 pound increments, which if I lose 8 pounds a month until September, I will be at goal for our wedding (which I am already ahead of schedule :D). I have always done calorie counting/exercise.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I REFUSE to give up this time! And 3FC is really helping me stay on track and be accountable.

Misa66 02-13-2012 07:34 AM

First name: Mayra

Geographical location: Monterrey Bay California

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:None...yet!

Pets: 1 Cat, Misa :)

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, drawing, spending time with my cat and boyfriend

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color:Naturally black but its always changing/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Feburary 1st

Starting Weight:161.8

Present Weight:156.6

Goal Weight:125<

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Socially eating :/ i can control my food intake when im alone but not around other people

Following any specific plan:Cutting out fast food

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Im using the support from this fabulous site and all the members that i seem to share something with :)

hotsexylaura 02-18-2012 04:53 AM

First name: Laura

Geographical location: Northwest washington state

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: none of own

Hobbies/Interests: makeup, partying, crocheting, dancing, dating my hubby, playing with kids, reading, hiking, sight seeing, travel, spending time with family.

Height:5"3

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:2/18/2012

Starting Weight:309

Present Weight:309

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss:emotional eating

Following any specific plan:journaling, just moving more, overhauling my eating habits

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just got told my blood pressure is WAY high so I need to get this weight off NOW. I also have a 2 year old and 1 year old foster children to take care of and am finding it hard to keep up with them and play with them the way I would like

I am fun loving and shy if I don't know you yet. I am tired of my weight holding me back from the things I love most. I am tired of being in pain and depressed. I do think I look great now but know i will look AMAZING at my goal weight.