3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20-Somethings Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/228156-20-somethings-profiles.html)

rubybelle 04-28-2012 01:24 PM

First name: Jaci (JC)

Geographical location: OH right now, from MN

Marital Status: boyfriend of four years. love that man :)

Children/Ages: none - unless you count my dog.

nanny

Pets:
3 year old maltese yorkie mix named mosby. anyone watch how i met your mother?

Hobbies/Interests:
love music/going to concerts. i like to pretend im crafty...genuinely enjoy school...reading..im a nerd a half.

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
this time around? hah...4/23/12

Starting Weight: 203..blah 200s AGAIN.

Present Weight: 203

Goal Weight:
135 = healthy BMI!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
emotional eating. i need to knock that crap off.

Following any specific plan: calorie counting, couch to 5k

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: NO MORE DEPRESSION, which is huge. i'm also more motivated this time around...time to just suck it up and DO it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: just really looking forward to making new friends. :)

nemama86 04-30-2012 06:53 PM

First name: Natalie

Geographical location: Graham, NC

Marital Status: Separated.

Children/Ages: Hailey-8, JohnJr-5, Hannah-1.

Pets: none.

Hobbies/Interests: Hanging with friends, computers, graphic design, my kids, music, movies, just dance with the kids, social drinking.

Height: 5'11"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 02.11.11

Starting Weight: 298

Present Weight: 258

Goal Weight: 198

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: lose the baby weight.

Following any specific plan: walking, working out with videos, eating healthier.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to actually stick with it & not give up.

Anything else you would like to share with us: hoping to meet some new friends.

Goody3shoes 04-30-2012 07:11 PM

First name: Trishy

Geographical location: Southern California

Marital Status: Engaged!

Children/Ages:Not yet

Pets:A kitty that lives with my grandparents because our apt charges way too much to have pets

Hobbies/Interests:Reading, friends, random roadtripping, weird movies and cooking/baking

Height:5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Greenishhazelishsomething/ brownishreddishblackishsomething

Starting Weight:194

Present Weight:183

Goal Weight:125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Slipped disc in my back

Following any specific plan:Calorie counting and eating better

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm dieting for my wedding

Anything else you would like to share with us:HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! It's nice to meet everyone! lol

lilkimroll 04-30-2012 07:47 PM

First name:KIMBERLY

Geographical location:OKEECHOBEE,FLORIDA

Marital Status:ENGAGED

Children/Ages:4YR BOY,3YRGIRL,7MTH GIRL

Pets:NO

Hobbies/Interests:LISTEN TO MUSIC, GOING SHOPPING, SHOOTING GUNS,COOKING,EATING,RIDING 4WHEELERS,SPENDING TIME WITH FAMILY AND GOING THEME PARKS.

Height:5'5

Eye/Hair Color:DARK BROWN WITH HIGHLIGHTS

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:IN FEBUARY SOMETIME

Starting Weight:269

Present Weight:247

Goal Weight:200 FOR NOW

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:COOKING FOR FAMILY AND IT MAY NOT BE SO HEALTHY AND I ALWAYS WANNA EAT DESSERT. OR

Following any specific plan:WALKING ATLEAST 3 MILES 5 DAYS A WEEK.EATING LESS,NO SODAS,NO SWEETS ONLY ONCE IN A WHILE I WILL HAVE A LITTLE.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I LOST 60 -70 LBS AFTER MY 2ND KID AND WAS IN A 18 (FIRST TIME SINCE MAYBE MIDDLE SCHOOL) I WAS LOOKING AND FEELING GREAT AND I JUST WANT THAT BACK N MORE :D

Anything else you would like to share with us:I CANT WAIT TO LOOSE ALL THIS WEIGHT AND HOPE TO MEET NEW FRIENDS ON HERE.CAUSE SOMETIMES I JUST DONT HAVE THE MOTIVATION

Blcarter84 05-01-2012 02:45 PM

First name:Becky

Geographical location:Traverse City, Michigan

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:3 boys 5 1/2, almost 2, and 3 1/2 months

Pets:NO

Hobbies/Interests:Been attempting to garden a little this year, besides that fitness and my kids rule

Height:5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:This time around it varies, so I'm restarting April 30th:)

Starting Weight:224.6 (high was 245 pregnant)

Present Weight:247

Goal Weight:164

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Having the time for my workouts, and sticking to eating healthy no matter what!

Following any specific plan:South Beach Diet and P90X

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Not much is different except now I have 3 kids and I KNOW that I won't have anymore so I am not afraid of gaining it all back.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I love the ladies on this site! they have helped me lose in the past and I can't wait to be an inspiration again!

fitofhonesty 05-02-2012 08:22 AM

First name:
Amanda

Geographical location:
Norfolk, Va

Marital Status:
Separated.

Children/Ages:
Two boys- oldest is 4, youngest is 19months.

Stay at home mom/jack of all trades/trying to find work.

Pets:
A great dane, a small cat, two ball pythons, a redtail boa, a uromastyx, leopard gecko AND turtle. Too many pets.

Hobbies/Interests:
Sewing, photography, reading, writing, drawing, painting, baking, cooking, sculpting and animals.

Height:
5'3.

Eye/Hair Color:
Naturally, blonde, but I dye my hair dark brown. My eyes are blue!

Early November 2011.
Starting Weight:
212lbs
Present Weight:
168lbs
Goal Weight:
130lbs

Teaching myself appropriate portion size and not snacking with the kids constantly.

Following any specific plan:
Calorie counting and a more whole-foods approach to eating.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I have to get healthy, my kids are only getting older and more active, I don't want to be the mom sitting on the bench, I want to be running with them everywhere!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
I'm glad to meet all of you inspiring women. =)

magsabags 05-02-2012 08:50 AM

First name:
Maggie

Geographical location:
Chicago

Marital Status:
Single

Children/Ages:
None

Student

Pets:
I have a little papillion, Cooper, who is FULL of energy!

Hobbies/Interests:
I love all things fashion... girls in my dorm call my room "the store" because I have racks of clothing all around the room (where normal people would have desks, chairs, futons, etc). I also love going for long walks. I'll often disappear to walk on the back path for up to four hours at a time.

Height:
5'11

Eye/Hair Color:
Blue-Green/Blonde

Weightloss really started August 2011 (I lost 40 pounds, but put 15 back on). Now I'm losing 15 pounds, and I suppose I am starting today!

Starting Weight:

Present Weight:

Goal Weight:
140 (135)

My love of binging in front of the TV

Following any specific plan:
Eating 1200-1500 calories per day and eventually working my way up to 90 minutes cardio per day

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I'm taking care of myself. In the past I'd eat around 600 calories a day. Yeah, I lost weight fast, but I was miserable and put it back on (and more)
just as fast. I also have a support system this time (all of you!), which I haven't had before because the people around me are not interested in weightloss.

I thought this year was a total failure, seeing as a put on fifteen pounds, but I realized I grew a lot as a person. I am proud of who I am - now I just want my outsides to show that. I never let myself be proud before, thinking that if I started loving myself I would stop losing weight. This site is really inspiring and will help me stick to my goals!

ElociN2392 05-02-2012 09:50 AM

First name: Nicole

Geographical location: Ontario, Canada

Marital Status: Taken ;)

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 Dogs: Roxie and Charlie,
1 Cat: Ella,
Dwarf Bunny: Toby,
Fish,
2 African Dwarf Frogs.

Hobbies/Interests: Scrapbooking, Baking, Cooking, Crafts, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Reading, Playing Games, Babysitting, Animals!!

Height: 6' 0''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 22, 2012

Starting Weight: 315 :(

Present Weight: 311

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Calorie Counting!

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting, exercising, Portion Control,

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's time for change, I'm ready this time!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Be Happy. <3

basementcat 05-02-2012 12:37 PM

First name: Maria

Geographical location: EU

Marital Status: In long term relationship

Children/Ages: nada

Pets: male cat, female turtle

Hobbies/Interests: gaming, reading, cooking, creative writing

Height: 5'2''

Eye/Hair Color: brown/hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 19.04.12

Starting Weight: 187 lbs

Present Weight: 180 lbs

Goal Weight: 135 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: losing motivation after a while

Following any specific plan: seeing a diet expert regularly to help with meal plans

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I need to do this or i might loose my significant other, also its time i went back to my old self

I used to weigh in at 135 lbs and less and i considered myself fat and my peers considered me overweight. I am short and even 135 lbs are a lot for me but i looked good at that weight, heck i looked awsome now that i look back at old pictures. i am sorry i didnt appreciate myself more back then. This is why i chose that goal for myself, i want to go back there and this time do things right and laugh in the faces of poepel who would think of me as fat.
Also i dont want to eb the fat one at my class reunions, i dont want to be described anymore as the fat girl with glasses!

Kristi22 05-07-2012 12:07 PM

First name: Kristi

Geographical location: Columbus,Ohio

Marital Status: No husbands, but my 1-year with my boyfriend is on May 20th. It's coming up!

Children/Ages: Heavens no.

Occupation: Student. During the summer I work at the Macaroni Grill and babysit my wonderful niece and nephew 3 days a week

Pets: 2 kitties

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, hiking, listening to music, cooking, among many

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Weight: 156

Present Weight: 156

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: My stubbornness and lack of self-motivation.

Following any specific plan: Attempting to do Insanity, count calories, drink a ton of water

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm doing it with my boyfriend. My doctor mentioned that I should do something before I get diabetes because it runs in my family, and I'll be using a workout program DvD at home, rather than going to the gym.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really excited to start my weight loss journey with everyone. I lost 20 pounds when I was in high school, so I know it's possible. I'm looking forward to following everyone's progress, including (hopefully) my own!

Arillen 05-14-2012 10:33 AM

First name: Erin

Geographical location: Japan

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: Not in the foreseeable future.

Occupation: English teacher to students with varying degrees of enthusiasm, cuteness, and too-cool-to-be-swayed-by-candy-ness.

Pets: A Holland Lop. We don't so much get along as peacefully co-habitate in my tiny apartment.

Hobbies/Interests: Books, teaching, books on teaching, studying Japanese, online window shopping

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 14, 2012

Starting Weight: 173

Present Weight: 173

Goal Weight: 140-150 (we'll see once I get closer)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Living in Japan, also known as the land of minimal nutritional information, white rice, care packages from Mom, and excuses for not going out to exercise (everyone already stares at the tall-ish white girl, even when I'm not sweaty and gross!)

Following any specific plan: Cooking at home, giving up on calorie counting, and getting off my lazy backside to exercise more

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am an adult, living on my own, and I am responsible for me. I no longer have excuses of grad school, stress, and lack of time. Plus, gosh darn it, I really, REALLY want to be able to get down to a small size while I can still get away with wearing the cute juniors-type clothes I never did in high school or college.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Um, I've lurked around here for a long time, but I am really just needing the support system that will motivate me to work harder to lose weight, in terms of both giving and getting that support. どうぞ、よろしくおねがいします! (I'll be in your care!)

OhThePlaces 05-16-2012 09:00 PM

First name: Jamie

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Married for almost 6 years

Children/Ages: 3 year old little boy and 1 year old little girl

Occupation: SAHM, but I'll be going back to teaching part-time in the fall.

Pets: 3 small dogs, 3 backyard chickens and a hermit crab

Hobbies/Interests: reading, working out, playing with my babies, spending time outside, chickens

Height: 5'5.5

Eye/Hair Color: Green/blue eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Originally February 2011, then restarted the first week of May 2012

Starting Weight: 165 lbs

Present Weight: 140 lbs

Goal Weight: 125-130 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Learning to maintain!

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and working out several times a week. Oh and I've been drinking an Ideal Shape shake for lunch every day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: No difference really, I'm just motivated to stick with it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I got down to 132 last July, but then my husband came home from deployment and we moved twice in 6 months. I totally fell off the healthy eating bandwagon and managed to gain back 13 lbs. I'm back here (and back at the gym!) to re-lose this weight and figure out how to maintain it for life! :)

justnicki 05-17-2012 08:10 PM

First name: Nicki

Geographical location: Campbell, CA

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: stepdaughter 7 and son 3.5

Pets: one cat, one bearded dragon

Hobbies/Interests: I like crafts but I've been on a streak of doing nothing

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/dark blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 1, 2012

Starting Weight: 301

Present Weight: ~288

Goal Weight: 180 or less, we'll see

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: figuring out how to lose weight without literally starving myself and while actually getting some exercise

Following any specific plan: calorie restriction (<1500) and half an hour every weekday of activity (stationary bike or strength training, or both)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: trying to do it the healthy way

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've worked out every weekday in May so far, pretty proud of myself, even though my weight hasn't budged in two weeks I feel a lot better about myself

chocoholic21 05-19-2012 08:30 PM

First name: Cayla

Geographical location: Ottawa, Canada

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: one black pug and one grey tabby at home with my parents

Hobbies/Interests: reading, history, dancing, british comedy

Height: 5'7''

Eye/Hair Colour: brown/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 1, 2011

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 199

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating! :dizzy:

Following any specific plan: seeing a personal trainer for strength training 2-3 times a week + 30 day shred + 1600 calorie a day diet low in carbs and sugar.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am sticking to it because I want to be thin for my sister's wedding in June.

nataliegm 05-20-2012 09:03 AM

First name:Natalie

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Married to the best man in the world

Children/Ages: twins (2.5 years) and a 21 month old

Pets: n/a

Hobbies/Interests: reading, playing with my kids (we don't get a lot of free time)

Height:5'7

Eye/Hair Color: brown and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:feb/2012

Starting Weight: 280

Present Weight: 262

Goal Weight:160-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: motivation

Following any specific plan:Just eating healthier foods in smaller portions and getting lots of exersize

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't think I've ever activly tried before this

Anything else you would like to share with us: As I said earlier, I have three little boys. One of my twins was born with nurmerous health issues. He has been on dialyisis since birth and went through chemo at 18 months for a tumor on his liver. I spend most of my time at the hospital taking him to treatments. Its hard to stay on track when he gets admitted (there is no good excuse) But i'm comitted and ready to make this happen.