3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20-Somethings Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/228156-20-somethings-profiles.html)

MeganMary 02-19-2012 11:03 AM

First name:Megan

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:Son (1.5yrs)

Pets:

Hobbies/Interests: Drinking coffee or wine with friends, board games, makeup, ....

Height:5'8

Eye/Hair Color:Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Let's say TODAY!

Starting Weight:173

Present Weight:173

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lack of motivation, sweet tooth

Following any specific plan:not really.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really want to fit into my pre pregnancy clothing (I weighed the lowest of my adult life before getting pregnant 3 years ago this summer) it's time to lose the baby weight and more.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

Melissa Dawn 02-19-2012 06:22 PM

First name: Melissa

Geographical location: South Eastern Wisconsin, USA

Marital Status: Married (6 years this May)

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 cats (Monster 7 and Belle-bel 3) 1 Dog, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (Maverick 5)

Hobbies/Interests: Sewing, Knitting, Coaching Cheerleading

Height: 5' 4.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-Green, Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec 27th 2011

Starting Weight: 260lbs

Present Weight: 243lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Love of all this carb and icecream

Following any specific plan: South Beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Not relying on anyone else. I've failed twice before at the gym cause my workout buddy stopped coming so I gave up.

bopbot 02-22-2012 05:03 PM

First name: Stephanie

Geographical location: North Cackalacka

Marital Status: In a committed relationship.

Children/Ages: None, and no plans to have any.

Pets: Two cats: Zarathustra, 6, and Arthur, 7 months.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, personal finance and investing, weightlifting, my dumb awesome cats, movies, handheld video games, pinball, sewing.

Height: 5'3.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time's going to be the last time. August 1, 2011/February 1, 2012.

Starting Weight: 178.6lbs/174.0lbs

Present Weight: 169.0lbs

Goal Weight: 133lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Letting emotional eating (anxiety, frustration) get the better of me. It's a lot easier now that I live alone.

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting! It's what works. I also attend an hour-long Spin class and lift (heavy) weights at the YMCA three times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
1. I've discovered/come up with a lot of tricks to take the willpower out of dieting. If the decision's already been made for me, I don't have to fight my Fat Girl about what to eat or whether or not to go to the gym.
2. I've placed a bet on myself using stickK.com. I decided to lose one pound a week for 14 weeks, and every week I don't meet my goal, they donate $20 from my checking account to a charity I DON'T support. So far, I've successfully met (and, in fact, exceeded) my quota for 3 weeks running. 11 more to go!
3. I'm not as stressed as I was in August/Sept/Oct--at the time, I was living with my parents and working full time at a crappy minimum wage job I hated--and I'm getting eight hours of sleep a night. That was enough of a change to help my body stop hanging onto every single pound. I lost an average of 1.3 pounds a month last fall. I've already lost five since the beginning of February.
4. I'm not starving myself. I've done it twice before and lost 40+ pounds within 4-5 months. Now I'm taking my time, eating enough, and shock of all shocks, I'm still losing weight. This will make it easier to move into maintenance mode, instead of losing control and eating everything in sight once I hit that magic number.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a straight-up nerd. Secretly, I would like to cosplay at a few anime/video game conventions once I reach my goal.

alisonfaith 02-22-2012 07:03 PM

First name: Alison

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Single

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, film, reading, babysitting, animals, traveling, being with family and friends

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel, Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/20/2012

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 215

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I have PCOS and a hypothyroid condition, which makes it considerable harder for me to lose weight. Also, a love of carbs and a sweet tooth

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am more determined and have set more realistic weight loss goals for myself

Anything else you would like to share with us: ...

sweetcaroline22 02-23-2012 03:44 PM

First name: Caroline

Geographical location: Western United States

Marital Status: Married (less than one year!)

Pets: Luna - Cat, Bella - Guinea Pig

Hobbies/Interests: Spending time with my husband, music, shopping :)

Height: 5' 3.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today!!

Starting Weight: 216

Present Weight: 216

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Friends always wanting to go out to eat, Portion control, Staying motivated.

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein - modified with similar/identical products to save money.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Hopefully the support of friends on this forum! I'm heavier than I've ever been, and I also have the most physically ambitious goals--to do triathlons with my husband!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I had never really struggled with maintaining a healthy weight until I went to college. I was 145 throughout my teens and always thought I was so fat compared to other girls. Now I really know the meaning of being fat! I was at 170 at the end of my freshman year, but lost 20 pounds over the summer just being at home and working. I rarely went out to eat until I met a friend who introduced me to my husband--both enjoyed going out to eat. I gained and was about 165 when my husband and I started dating. He took me out to eat all the time, and between that and cooking with him (and eating similar portions), I put on the pounds. I was about 195 a few months before we got married, so I went on the Ideal Protein diet. I lost 25 pounds on it in 1.5 months! I gained about 10 back before our wedding, so I was 180. After the wedding, there was a lot of stress with school and family (and adjusting to the in-laws) that I kept gaining. I'm now at 216 and I'm sick of being fat! I'm ready to be fit and healthy for myself. I want to do triathlons with my husband--but I need to lose some weight before I can really start training!

ErBear 02-23-2012 05:10 PM

First name: Erin

Geographical location: Currently Germany, but I was born in the southern US

Marital Status: Married for just under 6 months

Children/Ages: None yet!

Occupation: None currently... moving back to the US in April where I hope to get a job I've applied for teaching theater

Hobbies/Interests: Playing the ukulele, singing, reading (reading the Hunger Games currently--so good!), traveling.

Height: 5'2"ish

Eye/Hair Color:Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Initially... January 2011. Starting again February 2012

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Avoiding unhealthy weight loss. I've been tempted by easy fixes in the past and am trying to move past that to diet and exercise, no matter how slowly that may be progressing!

Following any specific plan: Doing things that I like to do. I play Just Dance 3 for xbox kinect almost every day. My husband and I go on walks together as often as we're able (usually only about 3-4 times a week), then I do some light weights and abs while watching TV (if I want to watch TV, I make myself DO something during). I'm trying to cook a more Mediterranean diet, cutting out sodas, and drinking lots of water. We'll see where it gets me!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My husband. He's so supportive. And for the first time since we've known each other, I actually weigh less than he does. Even though he HATES eating healthy, he's going along with what I cook as much as he can (skipping the veggie component, haha).

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm so hopeful this time around. I know that it'll take a while and I won't see results as soon as I'd like. I'm totally inspired by the amazing women on this forum who are proving each and every day that what I'm trying to do is possible!

fatfriendnomore 02-27-2012 12:11 AM

First name: Iesha

Geographical location: Indiana

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/Brown/black

Present Weight: 244

Goal Weight: 200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: EXERCISE!

Following any specific plan: Just trying to eat better overall and get myself to the gym.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really want to lose weight for me this time, so that I can feel better about MYSELF!

KatieAlyse 02-27-2012 07:40 PM

First name: Katie

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Single, but have a bf

Children/Ages: Daughter age 3

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today, Feb 27 (but it's been several times before)

Starting Weight: Refuse to weigh right now...

Present Weight: Don't know, probably 220

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to it. I'll get really pumped up about losing weight for about 5 days and before I know it I'm back to my old self. I just want to lose the weight and keep it off. I've never been anything below a size 14 since before Jr High. Currently I'm an 18/20.

Following any specific plan: I'm trying Hydroxycut for Women just to give myself more energy and trying something different. Other than that no cokes and trying to stop eating chocolate

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I haven't been this big since Jr High and I'm so disappointed in myself. Everyone in my bf's family is skinny and I stick out like a sore thumb...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really want to lose weight not only for myself but for my daughter. Any support or help would be awesome. I need someone to push me when I don't want to push myself so I'm looking for some help!

HeavyonFashion 02-27-2012 09:42 PM

First name: Malan

Geographical location:NJ

Marital Status: happily married :hug:

Children/Ages: no kids

Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, reading, writing, music

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I am starting off fresh today

Starting Weight: 265

Present Weight: 265

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Being Motivated to exercise and watching what I eat consistently.

Following any specific plan: Well I am counting my calories on the Lose it app on my ipod. I am also going gluten free starting in April. I am

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am determine to finally lose the weight for me and not for everyone else.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Before I start a family with my husband I want to be healthier and happier for myself.

Brooklynn 02-27-2012 09:55 PM

First name: Brook

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Daniel 8, Noah 5, Samuel, 1.5

Pets: 1 golden retriever two cats and one gold fish

Hobbies/Interests: To busy but like to play sports and write

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oh my! Newest dat 2.21.12

Starting Weight: 195 heaviest was around 250

Present Weight: 190

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: excuses

Following any specific plan: Atkins

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Sick and tired of being sick and tired! I want my kidos to have a mommy for a long time to come and it is unacceptable for me to die because I am obese!

Anything else you would like to share with us: well you got most of it busy mommy trying to get healthy and in shape full time student with very little time to breath :)

2012 is it 02-28-2012 03:42 AM

First name: Jen

Geographical location: Texas

Pets: cat- Jax

Hobbies/Interests:Music, friends/family, cooking, tv

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Eye/Hair Color: Brown for both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Its been on going for a few yrs but today will be a new start to actually sticking with it this time

Starting Weight: 220

Present Weight: 220

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: STICKING TO IT!! I usually start out pretty strong, but then lose motivation and drop it

Following any specific plan: I have a gym membership that I rarely use, so I hope I can start going at least 3x a wk for 30 mins. I gave up fast food last Wed. as part of Lent, but would like to make this a semi-permanent change at least after Lent is over.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have hit rock bottom, I hate how I look and feel and cant stand to look in the mirror anymore and I think I have way too much life left to live to feel so lost, defeated and depressed.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really need a workout buddy (even if online) and need someone to push me when I just lack the focus and would love to do the same for others.

chel3fsea 02-29-2012 02:17 PM

First name: Chelsea

Geographical location: Colorado (but from Louisiana and Texas)

Marital Status: not married but might as well be :P

Children/Ages: none

Pets: an aussie and a cattle dog/border collie mix

Hobbies/Interests: watching football and baseball, going skiing and hiking, playing with my pups and volunteering at animal shelters :)

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: eyes change from blue to green, hair dyed red :P

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 4, 2011

Starting Weight: 232

Present Weight: 196.6

Goal Weight: 170 (then reevaluate)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: learning to balance everything in this crazy world with a good healthy diet

Following any specific plan: WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Honestly, WW is the difference for me. I tried Atkins years ago and it was successful but of course I gained the weight right back.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've lost 15% overall and 36 pounds now but I need to get it in my head that I've really lost that much! I really only understand it when I see how much better clothes fit (how I've gone from a 16 to an EXTREMELY LOOSE 12) and when people who I haven't seen in a long time tell me how different I look. :)

playfulturtle 02-29-2012 04:40 PM

First name: Samantha

Marital status: single

Pets: three cats, Tigger, Muffin, and Cupcake

Hobbies/Interests: friends, history, baseball, football, hockey, ice skating

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date: February 28, 2012

Starting Weight: 180

Current Weight: 177

Biggest challenge: overcoming emotional and binge eating

Following a specific plan: WW

What is different this time: I have more motivation because I'm getting married in a few years to my boyfriend! Also, I can't wear my jeans anymore because they are too small.

clm9022 03-02-2012 12:00 PM

It's me!

First name: Caitlynne

Geographical location: Northern Ontario

Children/Ages: None!

Pets: Yorkie: Brodie

Hobbies/Interests: Soccer!! Music

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 1, 2011

Starting Weight:200

Present Weight:180

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Healthy eating!! Between being a student, having a job and trying to have a social life I have alwyas struggled with healthy eating

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am using the gym and not just changing what I am eating

Anything else you would like to share with us: I can't wait to rock a bikini like I could in highschool!

DisneyLover 03-04-2012 03:28 PM

First name: Monica

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: in a relationship

Children/Ages: no kids!

Pets: One dog named Francisco

Hobbies/Interests: I normally enjoy listening to music, watching tv/movies, and reading.

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: Blueish green eyes and dyed red hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I first started 7/2010. Then I gained the freshman 15 my first year of college....and then started to lose it in 7/2011. And my most recent weight loss journey started in 12/2012.

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 145

Goal Weight: 130 (or whenever I'm happy)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Committing and actually reaching my goal. I've been a yo-yo dieter for as long as I remember! Also food is my biggest weakness...and I'm not the biggest fan of exercise. And emotional/binge eating kills me...especially during finals/stressful times.

Following any specific plan: Just calorie counting and taking walks for about an hour a day. Luckily where I walk is very hilly so it help tones my legs too.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm closer to my goal than ever before! Also I feel more motivation this time (probably because of my boyfriend. He is so skinny and eats so much! No fair...haha)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I can't wait for us all to hit our goals! And good luck to everyone!