Go to
  • First name: Heidi

Geographical location: Atlanta, Ga

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: No children

Pets: Pitbull named Karma

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, journaling, BookMooch, and Cafe World on FB

Height: 5-8

Eye/Hair Color: Grey eyes, dark blonde hair that's highlighted at the moment...

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2011

Starting Weight: 285

Present Weight: 258

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: That I abhor diet food!

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, this time I actually want to do it! That, and there are cuter suits in smaller sizes

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope!
  • First name: Nicolette

Geographical location: Phoenix, AZ

Marital Status: Single.

Children/Ages: None yet.

Pets: 1 cat, Samantha. She's often more dog than cat, but that's one of the many things I love about her.

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking, reading (I do a LOT of it), technology, sports (love my Phoenix Suns!).

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/green & brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Lose It! tells me 9/4/2010, but I think that might be a little off. We'll say 1/1/11 for now, as that's when I really started to shed old habits and replace them with new ones.

Starting Weight: 145

Present Weight: 130!

Goal Weight: 120. I'm going to see how happy I am at 125 before deciding to continue on, but getting to 130 (which was my personal holy grail for SO long) made me realize just how much more fat I still have to lose. 5 pounds might be enough, so we'll see what 10 can do.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Commitment. I've always been sort of chubby, but I've struggled to reach within myself and find the drive I needed to stick with something for more than a couple of pounds. Plus, it was always a lot easier to ignore the numbers on the scale than to do something about the way those numbers made me feel.

Following any specific plan: A combination of balanced eating plus regular exercise is about as specific as it gets. I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian at present (& have been for over 6 years), and my recent focus has been on a better carb/protein balance. I haven't completely cut carbohydrates out, but I'm doing my best to replace them with leafy greens and proteins.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I've got a really wonderful support system (my mom!), I'm finally doing this for the right reasons, and I have realistic goals and expectations given what I am able to put into it. I used to want to lose a huge chunk of weight all at once, and I would get disappointed and discouraged when I couldn't. Previously, I was looking for more of a quick-fix than a long-term solution. Upon ringing in 2011, I pledged to myself that this would be the year that I focused on my mental and physical health. Law school had certainly taken its toll the previous semester (though I avoided the dreaded law school 20!), so that was a huge motivating factor as well. The previous few months have been about taking small steps toward a healthier life, and it's worked out thus far!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I don't really have a specific timeline for my weight loss, other than "by the end of the year if possible." Because this is a series of lifestyle changes geared towards overall health (with losing weight as a primary goal), I thought I would be more successful if I allowed myself to progress at my own pace with no deadlines staring me in the face.

Also, I've been lurking 3FC for a little while, and I finally decided to join because I love what a supportive community you guys have!
  • First name: Jacqueline

Geographical location: Alabama

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None right now -going to get a puppy in September

Hobbies/Interests: Reading (for fun not school), movies, music, shopping

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: Gray eyes/ light brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/20/2011

Starting Weight: 340

Present Weight: haven't weighed yet so going to say 340

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love food-especially cheesy things

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I lost 80 pounds in 2009 then ate my way back up with my fiance's help. So I know I can do this and I will not be a fat bride!
  • First name:Christy

Geographical location:Massachusetts

Marital Status:Relationship

Children/Ages: 1 Daughter, Age 2.5

Pets:1 Dog, 3 cats

Hobbies/Interests:Volleyball, Dancing, Reading

Height:5'6"

Eye/Hair Color:Blue/Brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:3/01/2011

Starting Weight:200

Present Weight:198

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Finding the time to exercise when all I want to do after working all day is spend time with my daughter before bed.

Following any specific plan: Not really.... Slimfast for breakfast, healthy lunch and dinner and recording all foods using the Loseit! app.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to do it this time not only for me, but for my daughter as well. I realize i'll have more energy the healthier I become.
  • First name: Millie

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: Single, in long term relationship.

Pets: 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: School, Dogs, Working out, relaxing with boyfriend

Height: 6 feet

Eye/Hair Color: Blue and Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 2010

Starting Weight: was not ready for scale until March 2011 @ 325

Present Weight: 321

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: over eating starches

Following any specific plan: Curves, treadmill, Yoga, and eating healthy

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Never tried weight loss in the past.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really exciteind about this site and hope to really be motavated by you ladies!!
  • Sup sup buttercups?
    Sup guys?

First name: Lea

Geographical location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Marital Status: Single.

Children/Ages: -n/a-

Hobbies/Interests: Trance music.

Pets: My sister has a noisy dog who doesn't let me sleep.

Height: 5'10.75

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 1, 2007.

Starting Weight: 350'ish.

Present Weight: 177.5'ish.

Goal Weight: 160.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Gluttony & getting over not caring about mysel due to low self-worth from mom issues.

Following any specific plan: Nope.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: More focus/prioritizing.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Dedication, determination, & drive will get you what you want & where you want to be. Set backs are inevitable. Mistakes are only natural. But consistency is key.
  • First name: Jennifer

Geographical location: Midwest

Pets: 1 cat Lola. 1 dog Chuckles.

Hobbies/Interests: Travel, Reading, Learning new things, Music.

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown/Currently Red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 9 2011

Starting Weight: 181

Present Weight: 170

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not giving into cravings & motivating myself enough to exercise!

Following any specific plan: Medical Weight Loss..although I haven't been since last month.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm ACTUALLY losing weight lol

Anything else you would like to share with us: *waves hello*
  • First name: Krystal

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Jacob 4, Ashley 20 months

Pets: Cats - Dog Bo Jack Russell Terrier

Hobbies/Interests:My kids,shopping,tanning,pictures

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: Green / Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: After the birth of my son (2006) I gained 90 pounds with him lost it all and had my 2nd baby(2009) and gained it all back and lost all of it but 7 pounds

Starting Weight:258

Present Weight: 157

Goal Weight: 150! but 145 would be great!!!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I knew that finding time to exercise would be my biggest challenge

Following any specific plan: exercise for 40-60 min 3-5 days and watch what i eat no real plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Having two kids is so much harder than one no time ever to workout!!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really would love to Tone Up/be Cut, have muscle and lose the remaining fat I have.
  • First name: Ilia

Geographical location:Nebraska, USA

Marital Status:Single

Children/Ages:0

Pets:fish, 4 cats, a rabbit, and a hamster

Hobbies/Interests: pets and photography

Height:5' 6.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/it changes a lot

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: can't remember..been trying forever lol

Starting Weight:280

Present Weight:267

Goal Weight:150 ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:myself

Following any specific plan:not yet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I don't want this to be my life

Anything else you would like to share with us:I'm really new to this site so I don't want to seem stupid lol please be patient. I want to be able to love myself...it sucks when a guy compliments me and all I can think of is all the things I don't like about myself and how I'm fat so he must be lying XD
  • New to 3FC
    First name: Ashley

Geographical location: Southern California

Pets: Golden Spotted British Shorthair named Mr. Hobbs : )

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, Traveling, Shopping, Reading, Watching Movies, Yoga, Massages/Facials/Mani/Pedi, Spending time with friends and family.

Height: 5feet 3inches

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Lately, everyday is a new starting day, haha. Originally, I started to lose weight Jan 2003 when I joined weight watchers in high school weighing in at 190lbs...I have slowly lost 40pounds since. However, I recently made a lot of life changes which added 10pounds back on. Hopefully I can make it to 140 soon : ) YAY!

Starting Weight: 190lbs

Present Weight: 160lbs

Goal Weight: 140lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Running a 5K at 32minutes : )

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting and working out.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Being healthier.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am excited to see what this site has to offer : )
  • First name: Sara

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Pets: 2 dogs, 1 cat, and many cows (live on a dairy farm)

Hobbies/Interests: Sports

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Light Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 11, 2011

Starting Weight: 253

Present Weight: 215

Goal Weight: 135-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Avoiding those cravings for something that's not healthy while on the go

Following any specific plan: just monitoring what I'm eating closely and increasing my protein and fiber intake.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time I've ever given 100% of my effort into helping myself. I've never been this committed before, and successfully completing 3 months will be an accomplishment. Many more months to look forward to!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Weight loss is a long, tough journey, but in the end, it is all worth it! I've come to learn that eating out and "cheating" for a day really isn't worth it in the end, because I am not any more satisfied than if I were to have stayed on plan. It actually makes me feel worse, and guilty for cheating!
  • First name: Wolflikeme

Geographical location: Columbus, Ohio

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: Co-owner of 2 dogs :)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, hiking, caving

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Black/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/04/2009

Starting Weight: 155.5lbs

Present Weight: 123lbs as of 4/05/2011

Goal Weight: 115lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating less tasty take-out!

Following any specific plan: I calorie counted for the initial 20 pounds. Since then, I eat intuitively.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Out of nowhere, the ability and desire to make healthy food decisions came effortlessly.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love this community! I've been a member since 2009, but I'd like to join the amazing conversations that take place here :).
  • First name: Erin

Geographical location: Middle of nowhere, Texas; a town of about 100k, which consists almost entirely of retirees and college students

Pets: One dog, Coop

Hobbies/Interests: Reading (usually for class, sometimes for fun), music, TV

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/6/11

Starting Weight: Not sure, but around 170 (afraid to check/no scale)

Present Weight: Not sure (no scale)

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Bad eating habits that I've had my entire life.

Following any specific plan: Giving up fast food, drinking a gallon of water a day, and doing some kind of low-impact strength training every day

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I couldn't tell you why, but I feel motivated! Also, I made my mother promise to give up sodas in exchange for me giving up fast food, so I know I have to keep at it (she passes kidney stones monthly because she drinks so much soda).

Anything else you would like to share with us: Well, I'm trying to find a job in Japan after I graduate in May, and would like to not look TOO huge in comparison when I get there.
  • I don't remember whether I had done this before yet...

First name: Kelli

Geographical location: Texas

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 1 dog named Tasha, 1 betta fish named Glorfindel

Hobbies/Interests: Animals, fashion, creating items with my hands, art, horseback riding, etc.

Height: 5'9.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, medium brown brunette hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 2011

Starting Weight: 221.5 (but I have it on my ticker as 220)

Present Weight: 210.0

Goal Weight: 140 (or less)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Breaking out of my mold of always eating on a schedule. I gain weight when I eat on a schedule... and learning how to eat around all my difficulties.

Following any specific plan: Eating whenever I'm hungry... not otherwise... gluten free... dairy free... banana free... etc.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am not eating things I had before... due to allergies/intolerances.

Anything else you would like to share with us: uhh... I dunno.
  • First name: Cee

Geographical location: Washington DC

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 boys 1 girl, 4months, 5, 7

Pets: NONE

Hobbies/Interests: Bowling, reading, writing

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: brown for both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: no exact date, semi dieting for years, seriously dieting for the last 2 days

Starting Weight: 307lbs

Present Weight: 306lbs

Goal Weight: 160lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating, emotional starvation, laziness

Following any specific plan: nutrionist prescribed 1300 cal diet and exercise 6 days a week

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this time I can feel the weight wearing me down, my knees pop when i walk and bowl, im tired all the time from little things, i get out of breath easier, my husband looks at me weird (when he thinks im not looking), my daughter asks me when im going to lose weight because right now im not healthy (shes 7), im embarassed to go out in public, (about 4,000,000 more reasons, but those are the top ones)

Anything else you would like to share with us: