3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20-Somethings Profiles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/228156-20-somethings-profiles.html)

lilmsstrange 08-23-2012 03:12 PM

First name: Emily (or Emmy)

Geographical location: AZ

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: Just the dog

Pets: Titus, was told a toy-poodle mix...but mostly an adorable mutt.

Hobbies/Interests: Movies, knitting, hiking, reading, and writing stories.

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Original: 8/1/2011, Re-start: 7/30/2012

Starting Weight: 270

Present Weight: 250

Goal Weight: 170 (might change, I don't ever remember being this small)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to my plan and not eating out of boredom.

Following any specific plan: Watching calories and working out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I started last year, and I was doing really well. Then I got laid off, got bored, and started back up on my bad habits of bad food and no working out. I was feeling good, but I'm back to feeling not so good. I want to make a lot of changes in my life, this is just step one.

coolacrity 08-29-2012 07:20 PM

First name: Robyn

Geographical location: North Carolina, USA

Marital Status: NOPE

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: co-teacher (teacher's assistant) at an elementary school

Pets: sadly, none

Hobbies/Interests: conworlding/conlanging, linguistics, drawing, watching cartoons/anime, Netflix, roleplaying (on the computer. Nothing kinky unless it's part of the story)

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: black on both counts

Starting Date of Weight Loss Journey: March 6, 2012

Starting Weight: 378.3

Present Weight: 293.8

Goal Weight: 135 (but if it's more due to muscle, awesome)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: snacking at night. I'll sneak some chips now and again.

Following any specific plan: nope! Intuitive eating is all I'm doing. And drinking gobs of water.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never done it for so long and so successfully before! And BY MYSELF. I've been on several plans and things, but that felt like torture. This is easy! :dancer:

Anything else you would like to share with us: I can't wait to start Couch to 5K! I want to be strong! :D

Trenchie 09-02-2012 08:03 AM

First name: Sonia

Geographical location: Canada

Children/Ages: two boys (9yo and close to 3yo)

Pets: a cat, named Alice

Hobbies/Interests: I write books for young adults

Height: 5 foot 5

Eye/Hair Color: green and dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: september 1st

Starting Weight: 216

Present Weight: 206

Goal Weight: 139

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: illness

Following any specific plan: low carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I was at 194, lost 56 pounds, kept it off for years, toned it, got sick, gained 70 pounds, lost 20, gained it back, lost 30, gained it back... so on and so on...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm hyperphagic

TheLauren 09-02-2012 09:22 PM

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: NY

Children/Ages: I care for my 4 year old nephew, Evan

Pets: 4 cats, 2 birds, 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: horseback riding, reading, movies, traveling, baking, cooking, eating

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 28th

Starting Weight: 308

Present Weight: I'll know after my weigh in on Tuesday

Goal Weight: I don't have a goal weight as much as I do a fitness level. I want to be healthier and stronger and able to enjoy my body.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Culinary school may become difficult for me, but I am going to be as careful as I can be

Following any specific plan: I joined Weight Watchers and I started to work out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I didn't try to lose weight for quite a few years. My confidence is a wonderful, and a bad thing. I was so confident with who and what I was that I didn't want to change. I realize now that I need to become healthier and more fit.

Leigh1986 09-03-2012 12:08 AM

First name: Leigh

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: Unmarried, but taken.

Children/Ages: -

Pets: No. But I like cats and am terrified of dogs.

Hobbies/Interests: Music (flute)! Painting, and (unfortunately) cooking and baking (especially bread and cookies!)

Height: 5’5

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Strawberry blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I feel like it is always on my mind...but the latest round started about two weeks ago (mid-August, 2012)

Starting Weight: 148

Present Weight: 145

Goal Weight: 125-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I’d say staying motivated—and staying on track once school stress builds up.

Following any specific plan: For now, I’m using the website “Calorie Count” to keep track of my food intake.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I suppose I am in a bit of a “quarter-life crisis” right now. I want to get on track- for real. And I hope being here will help!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I spend far too much time in pubs- and need to find a way to resist Guinness!

Eilis2914 09-04-2012 12:01 AM

First name: Elisabeth

Geographical location: Oklahoma, USA

Children/Ages: None

Pets: a dog named Boba

Hobbies/Interests: Not much, just browsing the internet and watching TV

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Ash Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 03, 2012

Starting Weight: 180 lb

Present Weight: 178 lb

Goal Weight: 130 lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not giving into temptation to eat unhealthy foods and avoid working out.

Following any specific plan: Just trying to eat healthier and exercise a few times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm doing it with two other people, so I'm more accountable for my actions and I can't quit as easily.

tamanna 09-04-2012 05:01 AM

First name: Tamanna

Geographical location: India

Children/Ages: no

Pets: I wish i could get a dog :(

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, photography, travelling, music

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:27th aug 12

Starting Weight: 78 kgs

Present Weight: 77.3 kgs

Goal Weight: 55 kgs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: will power

Following any specific plan:

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I decided not to quit!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Hello Everyone!! i am done being fat! thats why i am here... i know its a tough road ahead.. but am all geared in! so bring it on!!!:grouphug:

My aim is to get to my target by newyears eve :)... lets see

VYork88 09-04-2012 10:42 AM

First name: Victoria

Geographical location: Alabama, USA

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: one son, Titus (aka Ty) age 3

Pets: 3 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: swimming, reading, learning, music

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: july 8th, 2012

Starting Weight: 251

Present Weight: 219

Goal Weight: 165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: getting into a regular fitness routine

Following any specific plan: counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: more determined. Gained over 80 pounds with pregnancy in 2009.

Anything else you would like to share with us: LOVE the support from 3fatchicks.com!

GlitterBeauty 09-04-2012 09:44 PM

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: New York

Marital Status: I'm in a relationship with a British guy C:

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Drawing, writing, working-out, makeup etc

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Hair color may vary from week to week, it''s currently blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: A week ago

Starting Weight: 173ish

Present Weight: 169

Goal Weight: 128-132

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: FOOD.

Following any specific plan: Nope, just drinking loads of water and trying to attempt to eat better.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am going to try and be much more dedicated this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm glad I found this site :)

Orr123 09-04-2012 11:57 PM

First name: Ella

Geographical location: ON (aka Canada)

Marital Status: technically single (aka not married), but in a relationship

Pets: Had a bernese, but due to life, my brother now has her. But she's still beautiful and I dog sit often.

Hobbies/Interests: A little bit of a hockey dork (but I'm Canadian after all). Recently got into photography, and love most things active. And am a bit of a nerd.

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel and It changes based on mood

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Kinda forever. I've always been trying to simply get into a good routine (which is quite hard for me with shift work).

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 160-170. I honestly think if I lost more than 20-30 lbs I'd look unhealthy.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food + shift work. I am active, but I cannot figure out how to eat and do shift work.

Following any specific plan: Not really. I am not one to "diet" as I hate the word. But rather just eat healthy and once in a while enjoy things that may not be so healthy. And exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I honestly want kids in the future and want to be a good role model for them. So want to start living my life as an active/healthy person and happy. Plus this time my bf is doing it with me! So we have goals and I just want to stick with it. That said, again, I will have days here and there when all rules go out the window. I still feel its important to have a day every week (or even meal) that you just don't care about the health and go all for fun! But maybe I'm just off my rocker on that one!

Charlie1986777 09-05-2012 07:32 AM

First name: Ash

Geographical location: MidWest USA

Marital Status: Married (7 year anniversary 10/27/2012!)

Pets: 3 Dogs-Effy (2.5 yr old Standard Poodle), Mohinder (2 year old Lab/Poodle mix) and Sweetie Pie (1.5 yr old Chihuahua mix)

Hobbies/Interests: Animal rescue, writing, reading and playing video games with my husband

Height: 5 feet

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, plain brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/6/2012 (for the millionth and hopefully last time :) )

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Portion control. I have always loved food and while I never have seen myself as an emotional eater I very well may be one. Also, I get home from work and have no energy so I dont want to take the time to cook a healthy meal, much less go out and exercise. This will definitely have to change.

Following any specific plan: Not really...I have started a jogging program and am going to focus on one step at a time. As of now, no soda or fast food. Then I will move on to other parts of my weight loss journey.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My age. I will be 27 next year and I have realized most of my married life I have spent hiding behind my fat, insecurities and ugly clothes. Also, my knees are starting to hurt. Wow, that was a wake up call. First time I could barely kneel or get back up I wanted to cry. A short girl should not weigh this much!!!

Vincentius 09-05-2012 02:21 PM

First name: Vincent

Geographical location: Portland, Oregon.

Pets: Dog

Hobbies/Interests: Drawing, Listening to music, camping.

Height: 5.11

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Can't remember.

Starting Weight:302

Present Weight:270

Goal Weight:180-200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Love for snacking.

Following any specific plan:3 meals per day,snacks have to be fruit/veggies(Tons of water)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Slow and steady.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I actually liked John Carter.

TraumaNurse 09-06-2012 12:36 AM

First name: Katie

Geographical location: America's high five

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None yet but I really want one as soon as I'm done with school

Occupation: Full time trauma nurse and I'm also a master's student working on my degree to become a nurse practitioner

Pets: One adorable coton de Tulear dog

Hobbies/Interests: I love all things artistic (Stupid need for a grown up job with insurance and retirement plans), knitting, sewing, home renovation and decoration, everything vintage, and I'm a total TV junkie too (damn your excellent programming HBO). Then there is all that studying I guess I should be doing...

Height: 5' 2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes and reddish brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Forever...9th grade the first time. I suppose this most recent attempt with renewed vigor started around the end of July early august

Starting Weight: 182

Present Weight: 170.5

Goal Weight: I was 130 at one point and was a size six and thought I looked pretty good so I guess somewhere around there. If I ever got any lower that would be fantastic though

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Stupid nightshift. Stupid school. Stupid crazy schedule with irregular sleep. Plus I REALLY like food. I could eat all carbs all day everyday. I could sit and eat a whole baguette or 3 big bowls of cereal no problem. I'm a huge stress eater too which does not help with all the aforementioned life stressors.... Not good... I also really dislike being sweaty and exercise

Following any specific plan: I've been a vegetarian for the past 15 years (which doesn't always equate to healthy and was always carb heavy for me). I'm just calorie counting doing 1200-1400 a day and making sure I get in at a minimum 65 grams of protein daily and less than 200 g of carbs.
I just got a fitbit too and am trying to get my 10000 steps in and 10 flights of stairs (no problem on my work days I blow that away). I'm trying to move a little more on my days off and convince myself to start some other exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really want to lose the weight so we can start a family soon (my husband is older at 38). I want to be in better shape so I can have the best chance for a successful pregnancy. And I know better, it's really not good for me to be carrying around all this extra weight- I would like to present a picture of good health for my patients.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster but lurking and visiting daily will help keep me accountable and on track so thanks in advance.

cregan 09-09-2012 12:58 PM

First name: Chelsea

Geographical location: Ottawa, Canada

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: None yet

Pets: A cat, Rosie

Hobbies/Interests: Huge history geek!! Also love gardening and 4-wheeling

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept 3rd, 2012

Starting Weight: 226

Present Weight: 222

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Self-sabotage

Following any specific plan: Sensible diet and home workout videos/walking and running

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Seeking support for the first time!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Another reason I'm so motivated this time is because my (wonderfully supportive) boyfriend and I will most likely be engaged in the next 6 months, and I will NOT go dress shopping 30 lbs from my goal weight, order it too small and then have to have it let out. So...yeah :)

schlauerKeks 09-09-2012 04:30 PM

First name: Bernadette

Geographical location: Germany

Marital Status: in a longterm relationship :hug:

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: movies, manga, cooking&baking, hanging out with friends, karaoke

Height: 5"11

Eye/Hair Color: really dark blonde/ blue-green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 09.09.12

Starting Weight: 265

Present Weight: 265

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: to keep up with it/stay on track and to stop eating out of stress/exhaustion or boredom

Following any specific plan: exercise plus portion controll maybe later calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: actually I don't know, I hope I manage to stay motivated over the time now

Also english is not my mothertongue, so if I happen to make some silly mistakes, please bear with me. :-D

k8zilla 09-11-2012 03:19 PM

First name: Kate

Geographical location: Rhode Island

Marital Status: in a relationship

Children/Ages: not any time soon!

Pets: 1 cat named eliot and an adorable morkie named Ted

Hobbies/Interests: music, film, live concerts, spending time with my friends, getting addicted to a new tv series every few months (breaking bad, x-files, sons of anarchy, honey boo boo LOL!)

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown, brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept 11th, 2012 (yes, i've been on here for years but I am finally ready to commit again on a new journey)

Starting Weight:224

Present Weight: 224

Goal Weight:155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: backsliding... this time last year I was 185lbs and I ran my first 5k. I've let all of that go and lost myself in gaining weight again. Even with that much success (started at same weight last time) I still did not maintain. I have trouble finding the motivation to stick with it, even when I know I am capable of so much more. My boyfriend is 140lbs soaking wet, he eats whatever he wants and never gains anything. He loves me no matter how I look which, while adorable, has enabled me to get back to my starting weight. It's just difficult for me to dig deep these days and set out to do this again for myself because I work in a mall surrounded by awful foods. I need to find the motivation and I hope rejoining the forum, feeling the support that helped me before and reading about all of your trials and tribulations will help me get back on track.

Following any specific plan: Transitions Lifestyles System is what I did before under the guidance of a nutritionist. I still have all of the materials from the program and will try to stick to that. I usually substitute a Slimfast Shake for breakfast as I am not a morning person and usually just drink it on the way to work.

I am starting the 30 day shred today and will share results at 10,20 and 30 days on my profile.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I'm 26...as awful as it sounds, I want to look as good as I feel. I am young and I live in a city surrounded by 20/30 somethings who are gorgeous. I want to feel confident again, and I want to feel like I am the girlfriend that my boyfriend fell in love with (I was 40 lbs lighter when we started dating). While I know he loves me I can't help but feel like I let myself go. I let myself down and I need to get it all back. I don't want to be 30 and feel like I do today, and I know there is a long road ahead of me. I need to start today and keep it up.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i am very excited to get started again. i used 3fatchicks forum back when I was at the peak of my weight loss success and it helped me in so many ways. i made a lot of friends on this site that shared their experiences and helped me through a difficult time. i appreciate you taking the time to get to know me and i can't wait to chat with all of you!

Pink Hurricane 09-12-2012 12:31 PM

First name: Courtney

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status:Engaged

Children/Ages:No children, in the future yes

Pets:Not since I moved, looking to get a dog soon

Hobbies/Interests: Anything science related, particularly Atmospheric Science and Astrophysics, I love good film, music, NASCAR, football, riding horses, spending time with my fiance, family, and close friends, writing, playing video games, kickboxing, and more

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color:Eyes are blue, hair is dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January of 2011

Starting Weight:275

Present Weight:229

Goal Weight:175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
The amont of weight I need to lose, along with hitting a GIANT plateau after I had lost down to 80 lbs, stress and busy life gave way to gaining back almost half of what I had lost. Never letting that happen to me again, I have learned now how to balance out a healthy lifestyle with the chaos, no matter what.

Following any specific plan:No, just tracking my food intake through LiveStrong as well as exercising at least 5 days a week, starting up P90X as well.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Sticking with it and not letting myself slip back to where I was. I had never been larger than 200 lbs until I got sick, so I want to be back under 200 and stay.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I'm excited about becoming a part of this community that seems to be full of wonderful people and great support. I hope I can contribute in a positive way and I can't wait to see everyone continue to succeed on their own journey!

Ms A 09-12-2012 05:34 PM

First name: Arzu

Geographical location: NJ

Marital Status: In a relationship

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, traveling

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown for both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/12/2012

Starting Weight: 143

Present Weight: 143

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating

Following any specific plan: Calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Not sure really...

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope

hamlette 09-16-2012 06:27 AM

First name: Hira

Geographical location: Lahore, Pakistan

Marital Status: married for 5 years now

Children/Ages: no kids

Pets: no

Hobbies/Interests: reading,, listening to music,,, eating was too much of an interest,learning to exert control over tht particular interest/obsession

Height: 5'5.5

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:12th September 2012

Starting Weight: 238 lbs

Present Weight:232 lbs

Goal Weight:132 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: hatred for exercise, do not enjoy it :( ,,, temptation (i have had a very intimate relationship with food ever since i was 6 months old :), so my mother tells me ,, hehehe)

Following any specific plan: try to take 4-5 healthy mini meals at intervals of 2-3 hours in a day, ending with a high protein low carb dinner around 7... trying to incorporate exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: the sickening realisation that im older than before, so its going to take more effort perhaps,, and that ive started at a higher number than ever before so its going to take longer,,, also supplementing my diet with a daily multi vitamin this time,,

Anything else you would like to share with us: i just hope i dont give up this time,,, have my wardrobe teeming with beautiful clothes that dont fit and many that i bought atleast 4 dress sizes smaller (i know tht was silly but i wanted to wear them whenever i lost weight) worth thousands that still have tags on them!!! i want to fit into them!!!!! i need to fit into them!!!

tokyoloveandco 09-16-2012 11:10 PM

Aloha!

First name: Ariel

Geographical location: Pahoa, Hawaii

Pets: Kuma (My 1 Y/O Long Haired Chihuahua)

Hobbies/Interests: Snorkeling, Hiking, Bodyboarding, Reading...

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 2012

Starting Weight: 167 lbs.

Present Weight: 157 lbs.

Goal Weight: unknown.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I LOVE TO EAT! :)

Following any specific plan: None, Turbo Fire Soon!!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never been overweight in the past... & I've never felt like I had to lose weight either.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm starting Turbo Fire soon, anyone else done that program? Any advice diet wise while doing TF?

Hope to meet some AWESOME people!!!

Mahalo. (Thank you!)

Annie415sf 09-17-2012 03:38 AM

Hey Kate,

I'm in a similiar situation. I'm 26 and weigh 185. I'm starting 3ds tomorrow. Ran in a 10 k today and really want to keep it up.

beahawkins 09-17-2012 12:30 PM

I've been here almost 2 months, I guess I should do this.

First name: Bethany

Geographical location: A little north of Cincinnati, Ohio

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages:0

Pets: Romie- cat who acts like a dog and has allergies. Dodger- Newfoundland/Collie mix. He won't get more than 100 pounds. (dad's)
Stella- very particular little cat. she lives at my mom's.

Hobbies/Interests:
movies//books//painting my nails in fun ways// playing with make up//learning new hair ways to get my hair out of my face.
the Travel Channel, and House Hunters. <3

Height: more or less 5'7" (depending on my posture)

Eye/Hair Color: brown and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Late July/Early August.

Starting Weight: My scale 266/ Doctor's Scale 264

Present Weight: 237

Goal Weight:155/160 I want to be in the normal BMI zone but I'm almost afraid that's too small.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Remembering and committing to take my medication every single day on time. Otherwise I will not have energy and my allergies will turn into an infection and I won't get anything done.

Following any specific plan:If I take my medication on time the plan will follow.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am taking all of the necessary medication.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited!!

DisappearingActs 09-17-2012 01:02 PM

Hey everyone! Let me stop being anti-social.

First name: Debbie

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 1 baby girl, 11 weeks

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, makeup, going to church, finding ways to make myself better

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Brown, Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: WAAYYY Back, I think 2008

Starting Weight: 260 something

Present Weight:154

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat which usually leads to binging

Following any specific plan: Yes, but I try to keep it to myself due to the critics

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Don't really know.