Old 05-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #106  

This may be old news for some of you, but I wanted to share this secret for those of you C25King in the gym - on LifeFitness treadmills, which is what my gym has, there's a button called 'interval training' where you enter your jog speed and run speed so that you only have to press one button to go from your walking speed to your running speed so you don't waste time beep-beep-beeping your way from 3.5 to 5 or whatever you walk/run at.

I have graduated from the C25k program, and then stopped running gained back a bunch of weight and now I'm back at it. With the iPhone application and the interval training button I'm confident I can do it again. Good luck to you all!

By the way - I graduated from the program at 220 pounds, so don't let high scale numbers deter you from starting the program!
LosingLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #107  
The Last 10lbs!

I did the first day of W4 today. I cannot believe I was able to run that much! It was extra difficult because it was really windy. The jump from week 3 to week 4 seemed a bit intimidating but if I can do it, anyone can - trust me! I am the worst runner in the universe and I used to hate it. If you'd told me I'd actually be on target with the exercises at week 4 when I started, I'd have laughed.

Keep it up everyone
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Thumbs up

Losing Laura fair play to you, i was kinda of postponing C25K as i figured that it'd be easier when i got lighter.. so i'm going to get back into training for it tomorrow

freedomreins you are an inspirations..

Last edited by curlysue82; 05-14-2011 at 02:30 PM.
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #109  
The Last 10lbs!

Good luck galway!! Don't put it off, just do it! I promise you'll surprise yourself if you stick with it.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:42 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomreins View Post
I did the first day of W4 today. I cannot believe I was able to run that much! It was extra difficult because it was really windy. The jump from week 3 to week 4 seemed a bit intimidating but if I can do it, anyone can - trust me! I am the worst runner in the universe and I used to hate it. If you'd told me I'd actually be on target with the exercises at week 4 when I started, I'd have laughed.

Keep it up everyone
it's weird. I tried to do the W3 workout and all three times I came up short (due partially to an annoying blister). It royally kicked my @ss. Today I tried it for a 4th time (falling off schedule) and felt like I could have kept going after the second 3 min. Tommorow I'm gonna try the W4 workout. It's reassuring to hear the jump to W4 isn't as bad. Thanks
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:12 AM   #111  

Right ladies i'm off to do my walk/jog/run C25k... thanks for the inspirations
back on track now big time..
Old 05-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #112  
The Last 10lbs!

Scarlett, it is so weird how the body adjusts - and far quicker than I expected it to. I think some of it has to do with other factors like what you've eaten beforehand and how you're feeling that day etc. I have definitely noticed that I need to wait at least 2 hours after eating before running, right to the point where I'm starving when I'm finished, otherwise I get terrible stitches or cramps and I don't feel like I can go as fast.

I signed up for my first 5k yesterday! It is a Run for the Cure for Cancer Research UK and it's in July - this gives me just enough time to finish the program. I just have to make sure that I keep up with it while I am on holiday for two weeks in June! I would like to jog the whole way - this is my goal. I am so excited!

Best of luck galway!

Last edited by freedomreins; 05-15-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:10 AM   #113  

Wink

I agree with you totally freedomreins , earlier i was no more in the mood and then i just dragged my *** out and the feeling after was so worth it i did C25k wk4 day1.. so half way thru i was draggin my heals a bit but felt so good after it..

well done on signing up for your 1st 5k.. my overall aim is to be able to run a whole 5k.. will you find it difficult during holidays or schedule it in?

Scarlett looked like the blister has well and truly healed.. go you..

DTerminedOne1219, how is it going for you since?
Our 5k runs will soon be as lively as these carrots ..
Old 05-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #114  

Today I attempted the W4D1 workout. I got through everything except the last 5 minutes. I was hurting during the second 3 minutes, but finished. Then I lost steam about a min into the last 5 min set. It surprised me how easy the first 5 min felt though. I'm starting to feel like a runner.

Freedomreins and galway, it's great that the 3 of us are all at about the same point. I love coming on here and hearing about everyone's take on the different workouts. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #115  

Height: 5'1"

I'm on W4D3 today. The 3min/5min is pretty difficult but I'm amazed at how I am still able to do it. I may try going to week 5 next but I am considering doing another week on the week 4 workouts because the last day of week 5 on my app says...jog for 20 mins. EEK!
novelistabac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #116  

I'm off to the gym to do W1D3.

Since before this week, I haven't been to the gym since late February (HATING myself for this) and I know I'll be looking for some support to drag me through to the end of this process - thank you for posting your successes and experiences!
LosingLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #117  
The Last 10lbs!

You can do it Laura! (I'm going to assume that's your name!). It's always hardest at the beginning, to dedicate yourself to something. It'll get easier!

I did W4D2 today. I definitely perspired more than last time, so hopefully that means I was working harder? I felt a bit less dead by the end too, and my boyfriend remarked that I wasn't as out of breath as he expected. All good things I think!

The jogging for 20 mins totally scares me novelist! OMG!

Good luck with your next W4 workout Scarlett. I'm really not sure I'll be ready to move onto W5 after this...!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #118  
The Last 10lbs!

PS, if it helps, my stepdad ran the New York marathon some years ago, and he said at the beginning of his training he struggled painfully to go 15 minutes straight, which is nearly what we on W4 are doing. In the end he ran for 5 HOURS. So we can do it! Not 5 hours, mind you, but 5k!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #119  

i am going to do wk4 day2 tomorrow and hopefully after taking today off running ill make a good stab at it, and complete the 5mins at greater distance, find it great for de-stressing after hectic day in the office..

Losing Laura it happens the best of us , time flies when your off track then suddenly 3 months have past..

Scarlett i am thinking the same thing not too mind if we stick with it and as we get lighter it'll be easier again ..(heres hoping )

Freeedom jogging te whole thing without walk breaks is also my goal
Old 05-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #120  

I attempted the W4D2 workout today. I ended up doing only 3 sets of 3 min. I got almost no sleep last night and was exhausted. I'm trying to get myself on an early schedule and dragged myself out of bed this morning. Considering I couldn't run 2 sets of 3 min a few days ago it's not that bad.

My 5K is on Sat. I decided I'm going to do the W4 workout Tommorow, Wednesday and Thursday. I will rest on Friday then do the best I can on Saturday. Hopefully the adrenaline will take over and I'll be able to run most of it. I may be pipe dreaming but I'm hopeing for 32 min.

Then next week I'll pick it up at W5 and run another 5K sometime in July.