Old 03-08-2011, 12:51 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 204/185/153

Height: 5'6.5"

Jmko– I do cook, I just dove face first into a pile of refined carbs during a stressful week and a bit at work. I think I am finally realizing now that

Laney – I hear yeah. I need to be more patient to. Maybe we can both try.

Miz – oh geez. That sounds like drama. What exactly do you do?

Rain – good on you. I am rebuilding my routines. Going to focus on walks this week and start hitting the gym on the weekend. I had a good session with my trainer (kicked my but) and now I just want to continue on that momentum.

I am going paleoesque – Paleo is my goal, but for the next 1-2 months, my goal is to eat real food. I am giving myself some flexibility until I can start to undo/replace my unhealthy stress eating.
Risssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:10 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

rainbow I definitely don't blame you- falafels are difficult. Well, it's pretty easy to assemble the stuff but then frying them... well I always mess them up. The ingredients are virtually the same as hummus, except I think you add breadcrumbs? I can't remember. I think for some things mixes are the way to go and this may be one of them!

krampus your lunch sounds good too! I'm having major food envy today. Nice that you were actively scrubbing and cleaning today-- hard labor like that burns major calories.

RICE just stands for Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation, the steps you're supposed to take for soft tissue injuries. It's amazing how just icing for 20 minutes a couple times a day can totally change the way an injury feels. It's doing a world of good for my hamstring. Hopefully your Achilles will be feeling better in no time.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:19 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Risssa I hope it all works out for you.

Indi Hah, even the mix I find frustrating to cook - it sticks to itself, to the pan, to EVERYTHING. I get annoyed with it, but I use a bit of olive oil to cook it...and have a technique involving a flat spatula and a knife...it's kind of confusing, but it gets cooked and it tastes good.

~So far, so good this week. Yesterday I finished calories on 1240. Todays calories were 1410. Dinner was terakihi (a white fish, kind of like tilapia I've been told), carrots, broccoli, cauliflower (with mexican spices) and some corn. Oh and a piece of sourdough. Zumba this evening was good, I sweated a lot...felt like I worked hard.
I'm about to go to sleep now, it's before 11.30pm. I've planned out my morning at least - sleeping in til 9am, up and ready to exercise by 9.15 for at least half an hour, then breakfast after. I just hope my snoozy self can manage to get up and not turn off the alarm - I'm going to try to treat the exercise like something I HAVE to do at that time.
Pretty excited to get rid of my fading red hair colour tomorrow as well. Also considering a different hair cut. I asked my boyfriend if he had any opinions and he told me he wanted me to get it cut like the girl from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World! RIDICULOUS. Don't think I could pull that look off at all.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:25 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Miz- Boys are so bad with describing what they really want. They say they don't want you needy, but then they don't get why you don't want to cuddle 24/7. They want cuddles without responsibility or commitment. You tagging long is needy, but you being available when they want is expected. They want all the trappings but don't want to pay the price. They have to grow up a bit and realize that they want someone in their life. I don't let down my guard until I know the guy is not going anywhere. OK that was a bit of a rant on boys, in no way do I mean to disparage date guy, just generally they are the ones playing games with me. I don't play games. I hope things continue to work out for the better.

JL, indiblue - I loved Oregon Trail! at college we had a group on Facebook called "I tried to ford the river and my ox died. Later I shot more meat than I could carry.."
JL-It isn't "cold" here in Southern California, but on the coast, we see a lot of overcast, misty, windy days in the low 60s and those just make me miserable. I hope your test went well! Don't stress about the .4, I'm certain it's nothing.
ishi- I was so happy when mine shrank! Congrats on smaller boobs and no more size 16s.
lupo- a good weekend off plan can be nice, one where you don't gain is a victory indeed.
laneyy I know how you feel about the waiting phase of life. I look at it two ways, you could survive, slogging thru, or you can stroll along and find some time to enjoy life. If you try #2 I guarantee you'll be happier.
jmko Thanks! I want your date food, by the way. I love Hawaiian cuisine.

Rainbow - I like your plan. I'm terrible with plans, personally. But I want you to know your planning helped me get off my butt and to the gym today. It felt good too. Also, way to go with the falafel pitas, gosh they sound good, I might have to try making those on my days off. Don't feel bad about the chocolates unless you do it multiple days in a row. We can't be perfect all the time. One time is a treat and OK. Gosh knows I have given in enough times.

I was 141.6 today. I can't believe I'm already on this end of the 140s. I also can't believe it will last. I think I've lost muscle rather than fat for the last few pounds. I need to up my protein again, get back in the darn gym daily, and lay out my vitamins and take them too. I love the losses I'm seeing, but I don't want them unless they are healthy. I hope I can re-commit to the fitness side of this, because I love my strength. I don't ever want to be the weak girl who has to be helped again. I want to be the girl who acquiesces to the boys who want to help, but leaves them in no doubt of my ability to do the task. I think I've stopped making sense, so I'm done for now.

Last edited by fromthebox; 03-08-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: spelling
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #50  

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, everyone
And thank you for the "welcome backs"
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #51  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Fromthebox - Well it's like this he tells me he doesn't want anything more then cuddles because he doesn't want the physical stuff completely because it makes things complicated and he doesn't want to move that far unless we BOTH feel the same way about each other. So find fair so I back off yet he starts making out with me and than one thing leads to another but then I stop it and go dude WTF? You made a big deal about this and now you're doing the opposite of what you said you DIDN'T want to happen? unless he was joking before hand? (which is hard to tell cause it's in a text message) Seems like guys seemed to always joke about this crap. Take for instant my last guy friend told me he was in love with me and made a big deal about it and I told him to shut up and don't say things he means, then 10 mins later after making a deal about it turns around and say's he's joking...ya and we wonder why I get pissed? lol

Rainbow – Did you manage to make it to an AM workout class? I know I wouldn’t have. Ah fading hair yes my hair is completely faded and it looks horrible. I was thinking of letting my blonde just grow out but it’s not working out as much so I’m probably going to die it brown since it’ll look better faded then the colour of my hair right now.

Indiblue – Ahh I remember learning about RICE back in school.

Risssa – Security…haha We’re the worst for drama probably, it’s pathetic really.

Krampus – Cleaning = Workout so that's probably why you were just as hungry as you would have been regulary working out. In my eyes anyways haha.
===

So I hope everyone is having a happy Tuesday. I'm pretty sure I over ate yesterday which is fine I don't care at the moment or I might have underate thinking about it now...whatever either way I'm blah. I'm starting to hate getting up at 5am...OR maybe it's something else...it's probably something else I just can't explain right now. I'm up to 158.5 today and this week can't go any faster!!!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #52  

Height: 5'9"

Where in Canada are you from?
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #53  
Lifes a Journey

Luv - ORiginally MArkham Ontario, but right now I'm living in Calgary Alberta.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #54  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

Morning ladies,

MiZ That guy is sending you some crazy mixed signals. Maybe ask him what he really meant by that text about taking things slow. I really like your red hair!

fromthebox Oh my gosh you're so close to your goal!

rainbowGood job staying within your calorie limit! But get up! Exercise! What color are you dying your hair?

krampus That is a good work out, no wonder you were hungry! Be careful icing, put a cloth over your skin or you could get frostbite. I might have done that at some point

FPSJ I hope the week gets better for you

Back on plan yesterday, and I exercised for the first time since I was sick. I was happy that I didn't lose any of my endurance. I can see myself getting really addicted to running.

My weight loss has stalled as a result of being sick last week, and being on maintenance calories over the weekend. I'm irritated that I got sick and I'm irritated that I decided to let myself eat maintenance. Now that my body had the taste of maintenance calories, it wants them all the time. I struggled yesterday and was on the higher end of my acceptable calorie range. No more going off plan because I just regret it later. I really want to be down to 150lbs by the second week in June for vacation.
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #55  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

MiZ - Boys are just stupid. They never seem to know what they want, always contradict themselves and are generally just a pain in the ***.

Risssa - good luck with going paleo! I can't even think of attempting that... I love fruit too much. Even if it is a candy bar on a tree.

----

I feel like I've just been lurking for the past day or two, though it's probably not true. Last night I weighed myself using the Wii Fit, and it said I had lost 7.5lbs since the last time I was on it Very nice. That was also right after dinner, so hopefully when I weigh myself tomorrow morning I might see a 205 on the scale. I need to motivate myself to actually stick with my schoolwork this semester and not **** everything up like I usually do. I need A's and B's in all my courses this semester to bring my GPA back up. 3 failed classes really brought it down... That's the plan for tomorrow. Laundry and Analytic Trigonometry. Sounds like fun, right?

I'm proud of myself, I packed a very healthy snack for the drive home... and I even had a SALAD (gasp!) for lunch.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

MiZ: Wow 5:00 am? That's crazy. I get up at 6:30 am for school and barely can do that! I don't see how you do it.

Luv: Good Morning to you!

From: Yay for the lower end of the 140's! You'll be at 135 in no time!

Rainbow: YUMM your dinner sounds delicious! Are you getting your hair dyed red again?

Indi: I think I'm going to need to apply 'RICE' to my ankle because it has been hurting awful.

Krampus: Enjoy eating out with your friends!

I'm so ready for the week to be over with. My stomach has been cramping the past 2-3 days and it's due to TOM ..it's suppose to be here Thursday! But I'm having the affects (face breaking out, hungry, and crampy) a few days earlier..it sucks! On an extremely positive note--I woke up this morning and weighed in at 139.8! Talk about happy. I was about to take a picture of it so I could remember the moment. Last night I did about 40 minutes of Pilates..which was deff. a workout and hubby works late tonight so I probably won't be able to workout until the kiddos are asleep...unless they get a good nap in today!

Also I went to the grocery this morning and got a few items..why didn't anyone tell me that popsicles were ONLY 45 calories?! OMG. I have been craving one all week and when I seen that it deff. made my day! So for breakfast today I had a smartone's frenchtoast meal with turkey sausage which was delicious. And then for lunch I'm going to do something small like a leanpocket or something. And then throw the popsicle in! LOL. I can't wait!

Well enough jabbering on. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday as for the weather here its CLOUDY, cold and RAINY..therefore I'm stuck in the house watching Deigo, Dora & the Backyardigans all day! YEY.
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #57  

fromthebox I'm not so great with plans either, but I know I need to make a change right now. I love stationery and writing things down...even if it's just a way to make myself a little more accountable. I'm glad to know my planning helped you! Your way of thinking about fitness and strength really appeals to me. The whole strength training thing has kind of eluded me thus far though, I don't go to a gym and I still kind of don't know/have been too lazy to figure out how to get it done at home.

MiZ I wish it had been an actual class, I think it might have been better! I just got done doing a Turbo Jam workout - an hour later than planned because I forgot to set my alarm haha - luckily it wasn't a work day or anything! I'm thinking brown is a good choice for me as well...but my hair is like..one of my favourite things about myself (not right now, with the fading though) and I kind of like it to be a little "different"...I'm afraid of being boring! Do you have to get up at 5am every day? My zumba instructor was trying to talk me into doing this boot camp she does - which would mean getting up around that time :/

lupos Good luck with your goals, I'm sure you can achieve them. Eating at maintenance and then going back is hard...I did it for a week over New Year while I was on holiday...and did find it quite hard coming back! I'm thinking of going brown of some sort with my hair..not entirely sure yet, I'm scared I'll be seduced by the red again but it fades TOO much, and I hate the colour I am right now due to the fading!

Laneyy Your post makes me want to go weigh myself on the Wii Fit! I haven't used it in MONTHS so it would be nice to see a huge loss since my last weigh in on there haha.

JL I think I'm going to try something other than red for a change, I'm getting sick of the fading! Probably some nice brown... I think. I'm really indecisive! The dinner was really good. Yay for being in the 130's! You are doing so amazingly well! Hope your popsicle is good haha.

~So I forgot to set my alarm and didn't wake up til 10, so my plans were just an hour later. I got my Turbo Jam dvd workout done done done...even in my mind when I got up I was already coming up with excuses but I just had to say no to all the excuses, get in my gear and get it done.
Now I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and waiting to cool down a bit, also trying to figure out what to eat today. I'll be in the hairdresser from 1pm til probably around 4 or even later than that...and so that means no food during those times.
As I was saying to MiZ, I'm nervous about going a different colour because I'm afraid of being "boring"...I know that because I straighten my hair a lot I probably blend in with a lot of other people anyway, but I've always gotten compliments on my colour, even before the red - so I just want a colour worthy of compliments haha...I dunno, I guess when I was huge it was nice to be getting complimented about something but maybe now I don't have to worry so much...I dunno.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #58  

Just have to add - did my measurements. I may not be losing weight, but in the past week I've lost half an inch off Chest, Waist AND Hips... so something is still right, right?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #59  
Lifes a Journey

Lupo - No kidding! and thank you.

JL - I find 5 is easier to wake up than 6. lol As well popcicles...mmmm soo good!

Rainbow - Oh I feel you about having different hair colours to stand out so you don't look boring. haha I'm the same way! I'm naturally blonde haha and no would know it for years because I refuse to go back to it. I'm all coloured out I was thinking blue/black hair for me but I'm debating on it completely. As for Measurements! Yep sometimes they're better than the damn scale good job!

===

I just did JM 30 day shred and cleaned my lovely apartment. I accomplished alot on a tuesday afternoon. Now I'm being lazy!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #60  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

rainbow - I wiiiiiish I had done measurements when I first started. I waited about a month, and I already know my clothes are fitting different, but now I'll never know how much I actually lost in inches I know I lost inches in my waist/bust area because my bras are too big and I'm falling out the bottom of them. Too bad I can't afford new bras right now

Yay to you for losing inches! that's always a plus
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote