Old 03-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #16  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

I pretty much live for my 2 (large-ish) cups of black, dark coffee every morning. I started drinking it sporadically after college - in college, Pepsi was my caffeine of choice - but it's only been in the last couple of years, after I turned 30, that I started drinking it every day.

At the end of 2010 I decided to give up coffee for a while. That was a mistake. I'm a much better person when caffeinated.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #17  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Every day, at least three times a day, and always black, but not always in the morning -- it depends on how much I've slept.

I like Green Mountain Coffee -- what my school has in the dining halls -- especially the dark roast. I'm a huge Americano (black) fan when I can get it, but drip coffee is my mainstay.

If I let myself have coffee with cream, I'll chug it and go back for more -- too tasty, and bad for both my head and my waistline. I love cappuccinos but only indulge in them once a month or so when they're really good, for an after-dinner dessert at a restaurant when the other options are tiramisu and fudge cake.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #18  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I could easily abuse coffee and did as a student. So I'm down to "once in a while." Less often than a cup a week.

I like a strong, bold, dark roast with a little milk and sugar. Sometimes a dash of cinnamon.

If I want more flavors, I go with the real deal-- a tbs of amaretto or kahlua or baileys. I'm not much for flavored coffee and prefer the actual cordial.

I go with Equal Exchange or similar fair trade.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-03-2011 at 01:02 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6''

I try to keep coffee special and only drink it when I need a boost. I normally drink it black. ONCE IN A WHILE...I'm talking, once a year...I'll splurge and get a frilly drink from a cafe. Also...I'm a french press girl. It's the only way to go!!
lucyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 231/223/140

Height: 5' 7''

I love coffee. Mostly I drink it black, but sometimes I'll throw in some soymilk.
fruition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #21  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Coffee is wonderful. I love Turkish, Vietnamese, espresso, French blends, love it all.

Unfortunately, Japanese coffee is about as far from "wonderful" as you can get. I have a mental crutch about it though so I always have a mug or two (black) in the morning and usually I'll have a can (yeah, it comes in cans) of black coffee before a run.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

i am a coffee addict!!!

like the original poster, i didn't start drinking it til i was in my twenties during college. even though my mom was a coffee addict and i'd grown up with a cappucinno machine in my house, i'd always hated the taste. at first, i started drinking the extremely sweet vanilla lattes from the school cafeteria to keep me awake on extremely early mornings. eventually i got used to it enough to handle lattes, then regular coffee. i went through a phase where i was drinking only flavored coffee, so now i'm sick of it and even just the smell of vanilla almond roast makes me nauseaous. lol. only regular coffees and lattes for this girl.

i usually have one cup when i wake up in the morning, 1-2 at school during the day, and sometimes a latte or something after shool with friends. now that i'm on a diet, i really had to cut the starbucks runs and it made me sooooo sad!!

btw, wtf is a k-cup?
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #23  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Opinions on the Keurig? We bought one for my mum for Christmas (got a great deal on it of course) and she told me that she didn't want one. I could take it back, but it seems like a shame.... do you all like it??
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I love this thread!

I don't always have a cup every day... generally more like 2-7 cups a week. Grind beans, hit up the French Press, add 1 tsp sugar-in-the-raw, and 2 tbs 2% milk. Sometimes a splash of Monin hazelnut flavor if I'm feeling indulgent.

krampus I LOVE Vietnamese coffee! When I was in VN that was the only phrase I knew how to say.... "Ca-fe-sur-du-nang?" And then of course, "Ca mon!" haha.

Coffee to me has such wonderful associations.... of waking up early at my grandparents' house in the country and smelling the beans roasting, of sitting in a cozy coffee shop late on Friday night with friends in high school talking until the early morning hours, of finding a shop in college with streams of natural autumn light pouring in, perfect to hole up all day for studying.

Ok enough of the poetic dribble! All that to say for me coffee is one of those foods/drinks that's just as much about the emotional associations as it is the taste
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #25  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Opinions on the Keurig? We bought one for my mum for Christmas (got a great deal on it of course) and she told me that she didn't want one. I could take it back, but it seems like a shame.... do you all like it??
In college I had brought the espresso machine that was my parents' but I gave it back after a year of having it because they wanted it back.

Then later I just kept a small cheap Mr Coffee drip brew that does 4 cups. Which means 2 big mugs, which is just what I like -- enough for me and DH or a friend.

I couldn't afford my own espresso maker and now that I can... I don't want it. I'd abuse it and drink way too much like I used to.

I have no opinion on the Keurig other than being able to do that seems ideal for an office setting. I'm not so sure in a family setting with only one occassional drinker like me esp when I already have a means of making coffee.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-04-2011 at 07:49 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #26  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post

I go with Equal Exchange or similar fair trade.

A.
I'm glad you mentioned this. Not to get preachy, but after hearing about conditions in which coffee (and chocolate, and many other commodities) are produced, I'm all about fair trade whenever possible. If it means more money or less product, then that's the trade-off.

In any case, fair trade coffee is available at my local store. Newman's Own has a FT French roast that's pretty good, and sometimes it's on sale for less than the other stuff.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #27  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I love the Keurig, but I absolutely do not think that it would fit into everyone's lifestyle or fit everyone's taste. There are a zillion flavors, and there are quite a few that are called bold roasts, but one of the main complains I hear about the Keurig is that the coffees are weak and light roasts. Some brands are better than others, I think Coffee People is supposed to have stronger flavors. I, for example, am a wussy coffee drinker. I prefer the light and medium roasts, and I like the how tasty the froo froo flavored coffees are as opposed to getting the strongest cup possible.

It also depends on what the coffee drinking patterns are in your home. I'm the only coffee drinker, and I only ever want one cup at a time. So I was either going to have a very small brewer or a single cup brewer. Also, being a froo froo coffee drinker, I love all the flavors. I like having a blueberry coffee in the morning (surprisingly amazing) and a mocha nut fudge later. It's also fun for guests because they can pick their flavor, and it's just so impossibly quick and easy.

So it's not for everyone. If you're content without the super bold roasts, enjoy the easy variety, and looking for no prep time at all...the Keurig is definitely a viable option.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 235/223/135

Height: 5'5.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlove View Post
I love coffee!! I've been drinking it since I was 13 (did nothing to stunt my growth, let me tell you lol). I drink it every day & I love it with some skim milk

The cutest thing my boyfriend ever said to me had to do with coffee. I was looking at his shopping list for the new apartment he wants to move into after he's finished school - and a coffee maker was on the list. I teasingly pointed out that he doesn't drink coffee and he just smiled and went "Yeah..but you drink a lot " Totally made my day!
awwwww how sweet is he?!
mz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

I love the Keurig. When they first came out we had lots of them installed at work (and no directions were put up on how to use the dang thing) and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how the coffee was going to get out of the little cup (I didn't know the cups were pierced by the machine). I sat there trying to open the top off the cup for a while but figured if it was so friggin difficult to open, I must be doing something wrong. I gave up. Next day, instructions appeared next to each machine. Guess I wasn't the only one.

I bought one for home as well...it is convenient to make one cup at a time (especially if you have guests and they want a different kind of coffee than you do).
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #30  

Height: 5'6"

I love coffee. I drink a mug (and its on the big side) every morning. I grind my own and prefer Kona Hawaiian beans - just the smell of the beans makes me happy. I add a splash of almond milk or light creamer and some xylitol sweetner.

I prefer brewed coffee to lattes. I sometimes use the leftover coffee to make coffee icecubes to make ice coffee with -- very yummy!
Goldielockes is offline   Reply With Quote