Old 03-26-2011, 09:43 AM   #61  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 211/*ticker*/TBD!

Height: 5'6

I had my weigh in this morning and I am SO pleased! I am down 2.2 lbs this week!! Exercising really DOES help... hmmm I should have listened to everyone years ago! lol

I'm down 9 lbs total (well almost 9) since 2/21 when my boyfriend left on deployment!
linalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #62  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

MrsD- So close to your 10%! I bet you are so excited for that, I know I was for mine. You'll be there in no time!

Mel- Hip Hop class sounds really fun. I wish my gym had that. And don't worry what you look like, I take tons of Zumba classes and am still terrible at it... no one cares, we're all just focused on our own workouts.

Lina- Congrats on losing 9lbs in such a short amount of time! That's fabulous!

This morning at my meeting we had a substitute leader which just reiterated the fact that I need to go leader shopping as the one I currently have is not for me. I just have to find the time...
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #63  
One day at a time!!!

Thanks! The first 6ish were not done healthily, unfortunately. I tried Slim Fast and lost all that in less than a week (kept it off too), but I was starving and then did the research and realized how terrible Slim Fast is for you... and joined WW right after!

I hope you find a good leader soon! I think the leader makes all the difference- mine is really supportive and even has a facebook group for all of her WW group members, and we all post in there and share recipes and she's so encouraging!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

A good leader is absolutely important!

I was going one night a week but that leader just kept saying the same things over and over again. The only think I enjoyed about the meeting was the 'food finds' part we'd do, sharing what we'd found for new food and it's point value.

I went to a morning meeting on a different day just because there was a snow storm on my regular day and realized I didn't like that leader's style. So now I go Friday mornings every week. The only thing I miss is the food finds!

I got the Walden Farms mayo, caramel sauce and salad dressing. The mayo wasn't bad tasting, but I had it with tuna, cheese, toast and lettuce, so some of the mixture might have masked the taste. But a tuna salad sandwich for 6 pts+ (cheese and bread included) is super good! Honestly, when I first opened the mayo, I was not impressed...it smells like glue!

I had the caramel dip with an apple as a side to my sandwich yesterday...so my lunch was a total of 6 pts+ and it was a lot of food. The caramel dip has a runnier consistency that regular caramel dip, but for 0 pts+ I can't complain too much! I was going to try the salad dressing last night but I never got around to it.

This thread is pretty dead.......

Last edited by MrsD2008; 03-29-2011 at 07:19 PM.
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #65  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

Where did you get that Carmel dip from?

Also- once upon a time were we talking a bout PB substitutes that are lower in points and again...where can I find that?? lol
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:34 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I found something called "Better N Peanut Butter" or "Better N PB" or something along those lines at Target. It looks like one serving is only 100 calories and somewhere close to 2-3 points for 2 tablespoons. I bought some, but haven't tried it yet....so it could be vile for all I know.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #67  
Marianne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
I found something called "Better N Peanut Butter" or "Better N PB" or something along those lines at Target. It looks like one serving is only 100 calories and somewhere close to 2-3 points for 2 tablespoons. I bought some, but haven't tried it yet....so it could be vile for all I know.

Hmmm...I'll have to check out Target for it.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Hey Everyone! sorry I went MIA again! But this time it was because my sister in law had twins almost 3 months early. Last week was absolutely brain scrambling! I spent the week on the phone I swear.
Anyway my operation get a grip has been going well! My kitchen is totally organized and spotless. I discovered my vacuum is broken. My husbands projects still go untouched. But that will all change today. I am going to unpack one of the boxes of books he doesn't want me to unpack (since he NEEDS them to be unpacked in a certain way). I think he might panic if he sees I started to unpack them. I have threatened it 3 times and it still hasn't motivated him to take care of them.
Weight wise I am slowly getting back on plan. The taco soup thing was great! love Skinny taste!

Ade- where are you!!?? We are so bad lately.

Chele- I have heard about that stuff before and have heard mixed reviews. Let us know what you think.

linalin- welcome! I also have found that I can't lose unless I work out on top of dieting. It really is the key!
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #69  

I LOVE Better N Peanut Butter!! It's kind of expensive, but so worth it. Reduced fat Jiff is FIVE pts+ for 1 (maybe 2?) Tbsp. Better N is 2 pts+ for 2 Tbsp!!

I really want to try low fat almond butter too...

I found the Walden's products at my local grocery store (called Shaws) but I have heard you can order on-line through their website (google calorie free food, or Walden's Farm). They have a 'Where to Find Us' search feature too.

One of my friends that is doing WW recommended Kashi Bars (TLC I think?) that are 3 pts+ each. I need to find them. I have been buying Special K bars, but they are tiny and 2 pts+ each. If I can get a bar that is almost double the size for only 1 point more, I am gonna try it!!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #70  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

The cinnamon bars that WW sells are DELICIOUS. I cannot buy them because I eat the entire box in one sitting.

Actually, speaking of that, today I am having a very difficult day on plan. I barely exercised and all I want to do is eat.
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Those cinnamon bars are SO good!!! We got a free sample of them at one of our meetings and it was delicious.

MrsD - I actually really like the Kellogg's FiberPlus bars. They're 3pts+ each and pretty filling. They come in different flavors and I just tried the chocolate coconut caramel ones and they taste somewhat like the Samoa Girl Scout cookies. Definitely not as good as the actual cookies, but they make a good afternoon/right before the gym snack for me.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #72  

I have coupons for those kellogg's bars, maybe I will pick them up next time I am out. Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #73  
Marianne

OMG...Hip Hop dance class kicked my butt last night.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #74  
One day at a time!!!

Thanks for that info! I am going to get some of the Kellogs bars too, I LOVE Samoa GS cookies so that is definitely something I would like lol

I have been eating the Fiber One bars (Oats & Strawberry with almonds), it's 3pp per bar and I find them pretty filling! They taste... decent. For lack of a better word! They're better than I expected, but they're not as sweet as I would have liked.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #75  

Tomorrow it's forecasted that my area will get 10-12 inches of snow, BOOO! So, I am going to weigh in tonight. I REALLY hope I've lost at least 1.5 so I will meet my 10%. But If I have lost 3.1 or more I will be REALLY happy!

I am addicted to diet soda. I used to LOVE water and drink as much as I could, but now I find myself wanting diet soda instead. Even if it's not in the house, I look for it. BAD! I guess I will need to get some Fruit2O or something...maybe carbonated water just so I get used to water again, then back to just water. Even as I am typing this, my mind is saying, nope, still want to pick up 2 12 packs of diet coke while it's on sale! UGH...

ETA
: I weighed in yesterday...

I lost 2.4. Making my total loss 23.0 lbs AND I met my 10% goal!!
Hubby got me new sneakers for meeting my goal. They are super comfy and I can't wait to use them. Too bad winter decided to come back in APRIL here in Maine! UGHHHH.
I set up walking dates for three days a week! Our meeting was about finding a buddy to help you. I had been trying to get hubby to walk with me and when he wouldn't, I would just bail. So I put it out on facebook that I was looking for someone to walk with me 4 days a week. I found 2 people-1 will walk with me two days a week, the other will walk with me 1 day a week. Yay! I'll start with that for now, but I may try to find another person, or people, to do Mondays and Wednesdays.

I (apparently) am doing 2 5Ks in May. One for one of my favorite causes-NAMI and the other is one Weight Watchers is sponsoring. The leader didn't go into much detail because they are going to go over it next week, but I have never heard about it...she said they do it every year. :/ Then in October there is another NAMI walk in New Hampshire (neighboring state) that I think I am going to do. And, my friend asked me to walk with her for a Walk to Remember 5K. It's for infant loss. I am super pumped about these!

I probably should have made another post...but I didn't want to post on top of myself...

Last edited by MrsD2008; 04-01-2011 at 09:15 AM.