Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 AM   #16  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Mel- Happy Birthday!!!! I am sorry you had a gain. Was it expected or is the plan not working for you? Perhaps a switch back to momentum?

Kay- I hear you on the insane work schedule. I hope you had fun with your friend.

Fill- Thanks for the tip. I actually am the only person in the world who hates bananas (terrible texture), but perhaps I will give it a go.
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:33 AM   #17  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

mmel- ugh so frustrating....maybe switching back to momentum is an option. what did your leader have to say about it?

skinny- if you don't dig the texture, throw a banana into a smoothie- i do a banana, 2-3 frozen strawberries, and a half cup of low fat or skim milk in my magic bullet. i think it comes out to 5 points plus when you plug into the recipe builder thing on e-tools(depending on size of banana and the kind of milk you use).

kay- hope that bottle of wine comes your way soon
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Mel- don't be too discouraged, even if the scale isn't working for you the things you are doing are making you healthier on the inside too. Weight is not the only goal. I am a freaking slow loser and I swing all over the place all the time so I hear ya. Hang in there!

Skinny- I am with you on the bananas. In fact I will never hear the end of my reaction to my sister offering me a banana when I was like 3. "I don't like BALANAS!" said with total disgust.

Fill- Thanks, I think it is about time. I was even thinking of wine on my way to work this morning and I really don't drink much at all! lol

Dinner w/my friend was good. No wine involved but this weekend I will definitely work in the wine! I am going to stay with a friend on Saturday night and we plan on just making dinner and catching up so there will be wine.
So I think it is pretty official that my eating habits are enough to maintain but if I want to lose I need to workout. After I typed that I honestly sighed. Either that or get really strict about my food... but I think I need the exercise anyway.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #19  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

kay- i'm def not a big drinker either, but when the urge comes, it comes full force.

i made dinner reservations for me and the man tomorrow night at a really good steakhouse in san fran. pretty excited for night out. i've been horrible at tracking these past few days
oy.

Last edited by fillupthesky; 03-03-2011 at 04:55 PM.
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #20  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

It was not planned. Points Plus sucks...for me anyway. I'm going back to momentum.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Why is it so tough to get back into this after being sick/broke/taking mental break/etc.? Where is the easy button?
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #22  

I have been in a "isn't winter over yet" slump. Now that the days are getting sunnier, warmer and soon to be longer I am starting to feel the motivation come back. I jumped and danced around my living room last night to get my heart going a little and sadly that is more than I have been doing over the past couple weeks, ever since I had that flu. I can't wait for the time change.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #23  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Happy Sunday all! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

This weekend was pretty eventful for me. My meeting day is Saturday morning, and this week my leader conducted the meeting just like normal and then at the end announced that it would be her last meeting as she will no longer be working for WW. It was a shock and pretty upsetting as she has been fabulous and so encouraging in my weight loss journey. I am really hoping the person they replace her with is good as I really like my meeting time. I would hate to have to shop around meetings for a while... I feel like that could cause me to fall of the wagon.

I did a zumbathon yesterday. We did Zumba for three hours straight, which actually went by very quickly and was super fun.

With all the activity points/a fresh set of weeklies I went out for hibachi/to a bar last night. It was really shocking for me to realize just how many points dinner/drinking is. I cannot believe I used to eat so much on a regular basis!
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #24  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Mel - So sorry you gained, I know the feeling! I was stalled for almost 6 months. I am really working the program now... and the exercise made it finally start going down. Have you thought about doing exercise video? I saw one that made me think of your post, it's Jillian Michaels, it was at Walmart for 9 bucks. It's a beginner version of some of her Biggest Loser workouts. I've lost lots of weight with her 30 Day Shred program, so I know her stuff WORKS. Just a thought. She is super motivating and shows adaptations for exercises so that you can start at one level and work up...

fillup - The smoothie sounds good, I add peanut butter, with the banana sometimes. So that's good. Hope the steakhouse was awesome!

ade - If you find the easy button, can you send it my way when you're done.

skinnycow - Zumba sounds awesome!

Things are going well! I'm FINALLY figuring out how to work the PointsPlus, and I LOVE it. I've been at 29 Points+ since the beginning so I haven't had any adjustments. The moving factor for me has been measuring, and then exercising EVERY day. If I don't exercise, the weight stays the same and doesn't move. I HAVE to exercise. I started doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 8 days ago, and have lost 3 pounds. HECK to the YEAH. I'll take it after being stalled at 181 for months. HAPPY CAMPER. Hoping the success keeps up. Good luck this week everyone!

misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #25  

Fill- how was dinner in San fran?

Skinny- you zumba class sounds fun!! I hope your new meeting leader works out well for you!

misstraveller- congrats on moving the scale again!!

I had a great weekend visiting my friend even though it rained the entire time I was there. I got to work in my wine and ended up drinking an extra glass and a half... but it was worth it.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #26  

Hey lovely ladies!
So I had a pretty good(ish) weekend. Definitely not diet-wise. And there were some hiccups. But overall good.
I'm going back to Weight watchers tonight. I need to just bite the bullet and go. I'm always afraid of going back after a while because I feel like they will be judging me. But really, they've all been where I am. So I shouldn't feel embarrassed/ashamed/etc. I want this. I really do. And nobody is going to do it for me.
Thanks for being there for me the last few months. I haven't been making progress, but still you've supported me and listened to me complain. I appreciate it.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #27  

Yay Ade!! I am glad to hear you are not keeping all of that guilty pressure bottled up. You will feel much better just letting all of that go let alone how much more progress you will be able to make without holding yourself back. And like you said... we have all been there too (in fact I am in a very similar boat right now) so no judgments here, only support.
PS I got another friend to meet up in Vegas! I am slowly collecting people. lol
Old 03-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #28  

YAY for Vegas! I can't remember, did you say your husband was going to come? I'm going back again in September for my soon to be sister in law's bachelorette party and we are going to stay in a super expensive suite. I'm so freaking excited for both trips!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #29  

Yay! The hubby is going to come too so feel free to bring your man.

OK ladies I am finally going to cook tonight... skinnytaste's taco soup or something like that. Can't wait!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #30  

Okay, good! I invited him (more like told him he was coming) a while back, so I assumed I asked you about your hubby before, just wanted to make sure. He invited some other people, too. And I invited some friends, but they are flakey and/or broke. Regardless, it's going to be a blast.

I haven't tried that soup, but I have made a taco soup (I can get you the recipe, I've never figured out the points, though, but it can't be that bad). My family nick-named it "Ashley soup" since I always make them make it. It's sooo good. Good luck! I'm finally going grocery shopping after the meeting tonight (usually do Thursdays, but my leader does a Monday meeting, too, so why not?).