3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   What to do when I cant get to a gym for 9 days?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/225696-what-do-when-i-cant-get-gym-9-days.html)

Cat86 02-15-2011 04:36 AM

What to do when I cant get to a gym for 9 days??

I'm freaking out a little bit about an upcoming week away.
I'm going on tour with my work on 9th March. This is going to involve spending all day every day in a smelly van with smelly boys, then gigging at night, which usually involves lots of beer for 5 days. Then I'm off to Florence for 4 days.
The thing im freaking out about is that I won't be able to get to a gym for 9 days! No running, no x-trainer, no weights. I wont be able to get hold of proper healthy food (although Im sure Florence wont be so bad). I know I can say no to the booze so Im not too worried about that part. But I know if I cant get to the gym and eat properly, I WILL gain weight back that has taken sooooo long to lose. I dont know what to do!?

Engraved 02-15-2011 04:58 AM

I m not an expert in the "exercise field" but i bet staying active, help moving some of the gig equipment and walking all over Florence (which is awsome btw) can help you to at least stay on track. If you can say no to beer (which i couldnt) then you ll be fine, you can find restaurants with healthy food/salads/etc.
And above all, enjoy the gigs :)

Cat86 02-15-2011 05:04 AM

Thanks Engraved :) I just know from previous experience that touring always ends in junk food on the road. I was just thinking there I could pack loads of fruit, ryvita etc which could do me in the van until I can get to some proper food! Saying no to the beer will be hard but I'll just think about the hangover it would involve and that'll help say no! I could always pack my gym stuff and get up early in the mornins to go for a run and explore the cities I'll be in! And probably get lost...

kaw 02-15-2011 06:31 AM

Google "bodyweight exercises" for more ideas. Pushups of different varieties, air squats, lunges, planks, burpees, bear crawls, wall sits, glute bridges, and many more can be done without equipment. You might even come back stronger than when you left ...

//bstrong

MiZTaCCen 02-15-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat86 (Post 3712344)
I could always pack my gym stuff and get up early in the mornins to go for a run and explore the cities I'll be in! And probably get lost...

I like that idea, just be careful a lot of creeps are out early mornings. Also what the poster above me said (sorry bad with names) There's a bunch of stuff you can do. Also like you said fruit and veggies to snack on and maybe try deli sandwiches instead of fast food would be a better option. Remember water is your bestfriend when it comes to too much sodium as well. You can do this, it'll be a tough learning experience but once you pass it once, the next time will be just as easy!

bleujean 02-15-2011 01:32 PM

Watch what you eat and amp up your water intake and you will lose weight. I would get a pedometer and make sure you're getting in at least 10,000 steps a day, you'd be surprised at how much you burn without a gym. You'll probably be too tired to work out all in one go at the end (or beginning of the day), but if you can sneak into the bathroom every few hours and do 20-30 squats. It will rip your leg muscles, tone your core, and keep your metabolism going. Wall pushups are great too.

Don't stress, you will be golden! This will be excellent real-world bootcamp.

And...STAY AWAY FROM THE BEER. Carb + fat storage city!!!

Cat86 02-15-2011 03:21 PM

Thank you for all the advice! Im definitely going to nip to the loo every so aften to get in some lunges! I'm determined to either maintain or lose while I'm away!

surrendertolis 02-15-2011 03:27 PM

Try not to drink so much alcohol and just stay as active as possible. Help out with moving and setting up any equipment. Also try to be on your feet as much as possible. Any kind of down time when you're not traveling in the van, move around and walk as much as you can. Other than that, try not to worry about it too much. Just enjoy your time there and take lots of pictures! :)

MiZTaCCen 02-15-2011 03:33 PM

Just keep in mind you are SO CLOSE to your goal SO CLOSE! :D

katy trail 02-15-2011 03:34 PM

butt/ab clenches while you're traveling in the van! what an ab w/o that would be!

bleujean 02-15-2011 04:09 PM

not lunges, squats! no space for lunges in the bathroom :)

Also, if you do drink, go with vodka + soda + lemon. Boring but no carbs! Or red wine.

Cat86 02-15-2011 05:05 PM

ah yes...squats. Dont want to hurt myself attempting a lunge in a small cubicle!