Old 02-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahomachick26 View Post
girls i have to disagree with yall. I love valentines day......why? Because its my birthday! Woo hoo! Im 26 tomorrow guys!
Its my birthday too! I'm single this year, but the last several I've had someone.
I find that it being my birthday makes things really intimidating for my theoretical boy. They freak 'cause they have to get a v-day and a birthday present. God forbid it ever became our anniversary as well.

Right now, I'm hoping a letter from Kansas is my birthday present.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

at least you don't live in a country where Valentines Day = GIRLS give (or make) chocolates to BOYS!!! it's all upside down! i've had at least 10 boys who have asked me today "please give me chocolate!" (although they are super cute, so i can't hate on them, haha)

actually, i don't really feel much about v-day at all this year, i kinda just don't care. it used to irritate me a lot. even when i was in a couple, it always seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. i have only had two really awesome valentines' day in my entire life. meh.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I think Valentine's Day is exactly what you make of it. It's not worth getting worked up into a frenzy over! Some people care but most people don't. Personally, my husband made a big deal out of our first V-day together until he realized that I don't really like flowers and chocolate enough to justify the expense and we've pretty much ignored it since.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'2.5"

I was supposed to be in New York City right now having a romantic Valentine's Day Weekend with my now ex-fiance. So yeah, today SUCKS hardcore.
surrendertolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:43 AM   #20  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

oklahomachick26 & Fromthebox - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Meh today still sucks yet I'm at some weird stage today. I have this girl sitting next to me talking about her wedding dress...bahaha and here I am the girl who will NEVER be good enough to marry. Great friggen day it is.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

MiZ - Thanks! Never say never. I feel you on the boyfriends who marry the next one. It happened to me last year and to boot he proposed on V-Day. It was all facebook/ my friends could talk about for weeks. Every mention felt like a stab to my chest and it totally overshadowed my birthday. We have to remember that we are worth more, worth real love. Let them live with their regrets, because they passed on the best one of the best ones.

Last edited by fromthebox; 02-14-2011 at 09:57 AM.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #22  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthebox View Post
MiZ - Thanks! Never say never. I feel you on the boyfriends who marry the next one. It happened to me last year and to boot he proposed on V-Day. It was all facebook/ my friends could talk about for weeks. Every mention felt like a stab to my chest and it totally overshadowed my birthday. We have to remember that we are worth more, worth real love. Let them live with their regrets, because they passed on the best one of the best ones.
It's so true considering he talks to her about me, and still emails me. MY highschool first love just contacted me after how many years...it's interesting because they marry the simple girl yet they never forget about the girl they truly loved to begin with. I'm sorry your ex did that man...I know that feel about that piercing stab right through you it makes you vomit. Guess us tough girls need to really stick together.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

I actually forgot it was V-Day but I will join in the hating.

As far as stories go, my last boyfriend got me a large stuffed dog as a V-Day present. Cute right? WRONG. We had been arguing for months about me getting a puppy, which he agreed to when we started to date but wanted me to wait a year (I waited two years and then tried to cash in on his promise only to have him say he changed his mind and hates dogs). He gave me the stuffed dog and said "See, now you have a dog" and then started laughing. I started crying.

Oh well, I kicked his butt out of my condo within the months that followed and got my puppy on my own. Ugh, still pisses me off...I'm going to give my puppy extra hugs today.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #24  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

My boyfriend never really has been big on V-Day. So I celebrate with my girlfriends. It just doesn't have to be about your significant other or current crush. I celebrate everyone I love on V-Day. Even if it is a corporate holiday, everyone likes feeling loved.

Happy Valentine's Day to all you wonderful ladies!!! I appreciate all your support, advice, and putting up with my rants!
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:15 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I'm married and still dislike Valentine's Day.

DH and I met for the first time (as friends) on Feb 12th and made no mention of the holiday so that set the standard. I don't loathe the meaning behind the "Made for Hallmark" holiday. What I DO hate is the crappy sappy jewelry and flower commercials plastered all over the TV and radio. (Really? "Every kiss begins with Kay?" Shallow b*tch!)

I can't wait until tomorrow when they die down.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Oh, and as far as boyfriends marrying the next one...boy do I hear you on that. I think it has happened with 90% of the men I've seriously dated. To be fair, however, a few of them would have married me. I try to think of it as a good sign that they realized they had the best and now are desperate to settle for someone before they lose them too. LOL.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:20 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

Hyvää ystävänpäivää! Or, in other words, happy Finnish Valentine's Day! I'm so glad that I'm in Finland this year. I normally don't really care much about Valentine's Day either way, though I definitely prefer to be single when it rolls around rather than caught up in the anxiety and stress of dating my way through February 14th. But Valentine's Day is really, really nice here ... it's not really a sweethearts' holiday. It's more of a celebrate-your-closest-friends holiday. People primarily give cards or presents to their close friends to celebrate non-romantic relationships. I think it's quite sweet, and definitely a welcome break from the annual pressure to purchase unnaturally pink, heart-shaped, floral-scented chocolates as a symbol of undying devotion to one's lover.

So, for everyone out there who hates Valentine's Day ... maybe you could celebrate ystävänpäivää instead!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/135

I'm joining you all for some Valentine's hating, but not because I'm single. Every year my dad usually gives my sister and me a rose. He won't be doing that today. He can't stand the sight of us at the moment. He wouldn't even talk to me this morning when I drove him to work.

Last edited by morphomel; 02-14-2011 at 01:29 PM.
morphomel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #29  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Haha. For the second year in a row, a friend in whom i have NO romantic interest sent me a rose. Same guy, that is.

It was a sweet gesture, but... V-day is just a whole heaping mess o' awkward.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 140/124/120

Height: 5ft 2

I've managed to avoid any contact with loved up couples so far today! I'm used to being a singleton now. I'm not saying I wouldnt like a card or some roses...but I knew it wasnt going to happen! I'm having a night in with cups of tea and crap TV. Who needs a man when I have Eastenders to watch!?
Cat86 is offline   Reply With Quote