Old 02-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Lupo-- Never had the Achille's issue, but Ice/Rest/Elevation never hurts!

My run was terrible, I had to stop every 5 mins or so for 5 ish seconds for water... I really need to not do that, and work on my endurance. Oh well. Finished it off with 50 pushups and 100 crunches.

Now for the to-do list.....
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

FPSJ - Dang girl! That's a good workout!

I have a hilarious story for you all. Remember how I found that website with that great metabolic workout? Well, so, I've been going there for a couple days & just using that workout. Today, I was sitting there reading thru the article again, look up at the header & realize it's a site for gay men's fitness. Um nice. Great workout, but I'm not really into gay guys. LOL!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #48  
sugar is the devil

FatPantsSkinnyJeans I usually eat before I work out (not RIGHT away but I try to aim for 30 mins pre workout). I find if I don't eat, I get tired and very nauseated/dizzy fast, thus decreasing the time I work out/how hard I work out. I don't eat right before as I find I get bloated and become lazy as I don't want to push myself.
PS: I'm also a nurse too who works A LOT of night shifts

MiZTaCCen My trainer also recommends I eat right when I wake up. I don't do a lot of 5am wake ups tho (I'm casual so I work pretty much any shift... I tend to work evenings and nights the most so I don't wake up til 10am or 2pm). If I do work a day shift, I wake up at 5am. I may not eat a huge breakfast at that time, maybe something small to help me until I get a break at 9am where I'll eat the "big" breakfast then. Not sure if that helps but maybe you can try doing that? I also find I don't have enough stomach room at 5am to eat something big calorie wise.

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 02-08-2011 at 02:36 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #49  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Madison- haha I guess those gay guys know something about fitness?

fatpants- if you're thirsty, its ok to stop right? Or are you using water as a reason to stop? Congrats on finishing it either way, thats still good!

Today has started off pretty good for me-saw 59.9kg on the scale I've sever seen 59.anything before! And I got a letter from the place that does all our student loan stuff saying they got my bank details and I can get my living costs from March, so yay! Thats one less thing to have to chase up
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Woke up this morning feeling a tad bit better. Headache is gone (THANK GOD!) but I was stressed out because I figured since I didn't get a good workout in yesterday my weight would be up a little bit this morning. Welp low and behold I get on the scale this morning and see a whopping 148.4 lbs! I couldn't believe my eyes so I stepped on it 3 or 4 times! haha. That is 1.6 lbs overnight. So hopefully it's not a fraud and stays down tomorrow morning but who knows! LOL. I'm just happy to auctually have seen it on the scale.

....Besides that my blood test results came back today and he said my liver enzymes test came back normal and my B12 was still a bit low so he switched me from nasal spray to pills..we will see how that goes! Hope everyone has had a good day so far.
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #51  

Madison-- Thanks! As for your video, if it's workin,' who cares! haha

Sweet-- YAY now I have 2 night shift buddies! This is good. We can strategize...

Icon-- Yay for the loan stuff! That is the worst sort of stress. Also, congrats on the weigh- in

JL-- Glad you're feeling better! And congrats to you as well with the weigh-in. You are losing crazy fast!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

FPSJ Thanks! Congrats on the weigh-in - I had a feeling it wouldn't be so bad :P Oh man, I envy you being able to get stuff done on your days off! I think I'm in a bit of a depressed slump at the moment, otherwise I would probably be doing something useful today. Do you run outside or treadmill?

MiZ Thanks for the advice hah! I only felt bad about the gas because it was a pretty small class of us at Zumba and I didn't want to let anything out for fear of the smell haha...oh man. Tuesdays are kind of weird...but for me they're like the beginning of my proper weekend since I have Wed and Thurs off...so I kind of like the end of the day?

fromthebox Fingers crossed you get the letter you're after! Sometimes these things take ages, it can be frustrating. Good on you for being back on plan!

lupos Yeah I think Veterinary reception I can handle...but not so much being too close to animals that are hurting, I really am too sensitive. I'm not even sure whether I'll be able to do this job! But I need a new job, and this at least appealed to me as something I'd like to do. New hair cut sounds like a great thing!

Madison Haha I find that amusing, mainly because why would gay men need any different fitness routine to anyone else? If it's working and you're enjoying it though, keep it up!

Icon Studylink actually being on to it? Who would have thought! And yay for 59.9! I would be SUPER excited to be under 60.

JL You'll be soaring by me in no time! You are doing so well!

~So I purposefully slept in this morning but I still feel lazy. I finally got to poop (sorry TMI), and I had a banana smoothie for breakfast...and now it's nearly lunch. I was thinking about heading to the mall to treat myself to a massage. I said I'd do good things for myself whenever I hit milestones of any sort, and I think 20kg lost is pretty decent...but I'm not sure whether I should spend the money on it or not. I like to have things for my money...like clothes or shoes or stuff. I dunno.
I'm feeling pretty depressed at the moment. I don't know whether my boyfriend's uni stress is rubbing off on me or if it's just that I feel like I have so much on my plate (when really it's not that much). I'm so worried about financial stuff...affording moving out next month or whenever it happens, along with affording studio/gallery rent for the project with my art school friends...along with wanting to travel at some point.
Also there have been multiple articles in the newspaper over the past couple of days about how hard it is to find a rental property as there are less properties than people wanting them, so it's apparently difficult to get into a nice place...and neither my boyfriend nor I have references having never lived away from home. Urgh.
I'm just feeling it's all a bit overwhelming, and I kind of want to go back to bed.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #53  

Ahhhaha I have been sitting here on my arse for a large part afternoon, Rainbow! I decided to enjoy the quiet, fiddle around on the internet, and relax. The laundry isn't going anywhere. To answer your question, I ran inside on the treadmill because it's between 10-20F here.. GROSS!

Sorry you're feeling bummed I go through those phases, too. I did discover something the other day that made me happy. I made a station on Pandora with happy, bright dance music, and I danced around in my pajamas! I actually broke a sweat, and I felt so silly that I forgot to be lethargic and crabby.

I hear you on the life stress.... I am going through several major transitions myself, coupled with the weight thing.. it's a bit much. But, when the stress passes, good things will have resulted, right? Just gotta keep plugging along. I've got my eyes set on Spring

Oh, and btw Icon-- I think it was a combination of both. I know I'm on the dehydrated side, but my legs just felt like lead and it was an excuse to stop. Siiiigh. Better luck next time!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #54  

FPSJ Thanks for the encouragement. I guess it doesn't help that it will soon be Autumn/Winter here :/ I never also thought about the losing weight/calorie counting/exercising stuff being a contributing factor to stress, but I think it could be. I mean it's part of my everyday habits (aside from exercise which I still struggle with) but it's still a huge change...hrm.

~I think I will go out and treat myself to a massage, even if it's just an excuse to leave the house. Sitting around here with my cat may be tempting, but it's making me feel worse overall.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

rainbow, lol! ok, i will be wearing the tutu-skirt just for you i'll try and take a picture of what i wear. i'm gonna attempt to do something cool with my hair as well but... eeeeh... lol. sorry zumba was so hard... but good on your for not quitting! how do you feel about post dinner snacks? i kinda had one last night and i kept telling myself it was ok cuz i was still under 1600 calories, but somehow i just felt so bad about it! haha, like i hadn't had the strenght to just be good until bedtime

icon, yay for the loss, and yay for the student's loan thing! sounds like today is gonna be a good day

JL, that is actually kinda normal, since you retain more water when you work out and all that. so right after you stop working out, you'll see a loss. but congrats either ways! that's great

FPSJ, well you were good AFTER your binge, and sounds like your "binge" wasn't even that much of a binge anyways (just more than you normally eat while dieting) so yay for the loss! i hear you about the days-off-that-don't-feel-like-days off! ha! although i haven't really had any for a while... these days i feel like i have to try hard to find things to entertain myself on the weekends!! lol. (cuz i'm broke cuz i'm trying to save money...)

MiZ, yeah, teaching kids is definitely not for everyone! although in japan they tend to be SO lax in elementary school, so it's really annoying. i much prefer JHS or high school. i work well with teenagers cuz we are on the same wavelenght. lol. and lol at your tuesday rant. i don't really mind tuesdays. i'm more of a garfield type. (hate mondays)

lupo, what are egg mugs? yeah, the kids' faces were totally funny. like the one time i got mad at this one class in JHS (i was also super high-strung and PMS that day, haha...) the whole class got quiet in a split second and all the kids had this "holy crap! vanessa is angry!!" look on their faces and it felt like such a victory! haha... then i felt really bad. i never ever get mad at the kids when i teach. when they annoy me i usually just suck it in and wait it out, cuz i have good kids so it's usually a temporary thing. so for them to see me angry really freaks them out! haha.

lol, madison! even if it's from a gay men's magazine, doesn't mean it doesn't work! lol. plus, gay guys tend to care about their appearances a lot...

rainbow, go for it! pamper yourself! omg, 20kg... that's a lot!!

well morning ladies! it's humpday here today and i have only ONE class this morning, so i can CHILL, haha, and then i get to leave early to go to my Miyavi concert! yay! so happy.

i was really wanting to step on the scale this morning... this not weighing during the week thing is driving me NUTS! but i think weighing everyday and seeing it go down, then up, they down, and not really... would drive me MORE nuts, haha... well, we'll see. i'm just hoping for a big number on friday. i've been quite good. i will probably eat off plan tonight though cuz i'll be eating out, so that worries me a bit, but i think i can manage to make good choices.

happy wednesday!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #56  

Kawaii Good on you for sticking to your not weighing though!! And yay for your concert tonight! Post dinner snacks? If I definitely have the calorie room for them, then they're basically a given haha...I normally ALWAYS eat something after dinner, unless I've been out for dinner or have estimated calories on something.

~Definitely leaving the house now... I really want food that I know isn't great for me. Like nuggets or fries. I guess I could make them for myself when I get back, but it's not quite the same haha.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #57  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Good morning 20-somethings!

I wasn't going to weigh this morning but I couldn't help myself. I'm down about a pound from yesterday, putting me at 59.0 kg/130 lbs today. I made myself a huge carby lunch (fried rice), the kind of thing I would normally freak out over, which is probably 700 calories. Had one egg for breakfast and my yogurt and I feel pretty okay. I have to say, going a day without feeling deprived or panicked about "going over" calories was quite pleasant, and I realized that I don't have to go hungry if I don't want to.

Seoul is TOMORROW and while I'm not going to make any of my weight goals, I kind of don't give a crap. I have my whole life to lose vanity weight and right now eating delicious food is more important. Is that such a bad attitude? I know what I have to do, but I don't want to do it while I'm on vacation.

rainbowstripe The massage will make you forget about all the moving/life stress, if only for a little while! Enjoy it, and congrats on 20 kg lost!!!

Kawaii_Candie Have fun tonight! Not weighing is really hard but it sounds like you need the break.

FPSJ Ah yeah nursing is stressful work! Nice work on the loss despite the snacking. Sometimes bad runs just happen and nothing can be done. I hate those days! Thanks for cheerleading me

JLNichols WOW look at you go! That's awesome progress with the big whoosh.

Icon CONGRATS ON ENTERING THE FIFTIES! It must feel amazing!

MadisonAvePhoto I've met a lot of gay guys with great bodies!

lupo I've never had Achilles tendonitis but I do have a residual retrocalcaneal bursitis (I think, never had it checked out) thingy on the back of my left heel that's been there since December. Certain shoes aggravate it. Rest easy, take a few weeks off if you need it.

MiZ Fruit is a slippery slope for me, I can't just have one. Plus it's STUPIDLY expensive here. Apples are about $1.10 each.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Today was one of the biggest challenges. No food in front of me, but I wanted to eat EVERYTHING. I bought Oreos for my hubs & it took everything for me not to rip them open & scarf them down. I felt like I was a bottomless pit. It's 6:30 & I still have 500 calories left!! I did it! It was rough, but I did it. I've had all my water (4L), and that helped to make me feel a little fuller, but I still just wanted to binge. It's depressing looking in the mirror everyday & not seeing a drastic change. I'm down 14lbs, but the few people that I have seen lately, haven't made a damn comment. My husband notices, but he's around me all day when I'm talking about dieting yada yada yada. I'm just afraid people aren't noticing because nothing's changed & that makes me want to get a dozen Krispy Kremes & sit in the bath. :/

Sorry for the b*tch. I just needed to get that out. Trying to lose weight sucks balls.
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:42 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

rainbow, i suppose... although i always heard that it was bad to eat before bed and such... oh well, whatever. yay, concert! i'm starting to get excited now that my one class is done! lol.

krampus, that's good! maybe you can try maintaining for a while, since you are so close to goal? i mean, i think this very strict dietting regime you have imposed on yourself is making you miserable, and now you realize that you don't have to be. plus, if you keep up exercising as you have been, you might still end up losing weight, because it's not like you're overeating anyways, you're just eating "normal". good luck!

hey madison, GREAT job on the not eating those oreos! sounds like they are your big weakness! haha... maybe you should ask hubby to not buy them anymore?? actually when you guys were talking about oreos all day the other time, i went to the store and bought a mini-pack, haha. they weren't real oreos, but even that small pack had almost 300 calories!! so i can only imagine how many calories real, normal-sized oreos are... you'd best stay away from them! lol.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #60  

krampus Good on you for realising you don't have to go hungry...and oh man fried rice sounds good. I hope that Seoul is good! Massage was weird, actually brought things into my mind that I hadn't thought about for a long time, and they weren't good things :/

Madison Hang in there. The more you lose, the more noticeable it will be! I don't think people really noticed anything about me until maybe... 18-20 pounds ish down? You'll be there in no time. And well done with the oreo willpower!

Kawaii I've read stuff like that too, but I've also read that it doesn't really matter what time of day you get your calories in...I dunno. I prefer to go with that method of thinking just because I like eating snacks after dinner haha...and I don't think it's hindered my weight loss - and if it has, well I'm pretty happy with my progress so I don't mind! Yay no more class for you today!

~As I said to krampus, massage was weird. It felt good but for some reason my mind wandered to things from the past I'd rather not think about. Urgh. I just turned on the oven and I'm making myself some fries and chicken nuggets. Not a whole serve of nuggets, but definitely fries. I'm going to watch my downloaded tv and try to get my mind off things. I wish my boyfriend wasn't so ensconced in his thesis (even though I know he has to be) - I could do with some cuddles.