Old 02-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

I love potbelly! I haven't had it since I moved back to indy from Cincinnati!

We are closing at 2 today! Woot! Fingers crossed for either a state of emergency tomorrow or a closed office!!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Stella and Jess ~ Step 5 is definitely the way to go!!!

Linds ~ Safe driving home! It was treacherous for me getting home (we were dismissed at noon) and I literally live on the same road that I work on and only about .4 miles away.

I just about wiped out on the ice hiding under the 4 inches of snow we got while I was in school today. I slipped several times while trying to clear my car off. Of course, it was while all the high school kids were waiting for their bus to show up.....so that would have been a show if nothing else for them

I was already in my door, with my sweats on and a cup of tea by 1pm and I don't plan on moving for the next two days!! haha I had plans of maybe going to the gym right after work, hoping to beat out the bad parts of the storm.....not so much!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Linds- the one in Toledo just opened today... clearly I had to go and welcome it

So the present finally came...it took forever but I was so excited... my parents got me a pandora bracelet and this beautiful charm. The charms are kind of expensive but I love the concept of them. Of course the charm my mother liked was $60 and thats the one she bought me... I told her that she was crazy but I loved it anyways. Also got a super cool workout anti water/moisture jacket for the gym that is really cute

The snow is horrible...the people were driving crazy before it even started really snowing... The BF just left school so I hope he makes it home safely

everyone out in the snow be safe
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #34  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Totally missed that there was a quick weekly chat thread already for this week. Hi girls!!! Personals after I make my dinner...

Just started P90x (finally) and did the plyometrics for the first time today - OH. MY. GOD. It is HARD, but I SURVIVED!!!!! I did modify some of the moves and took slightly longer breaks than 30 seconds a few times. But I'm so proud of myself for pushing myself hard through it
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Haley ~ I'm glad that the present finally came and that it wasn't lost somewhere. I got a Pandora bracelet with some charms from different family members for Christmas and I love it!!! I love the idea of the bracelet too....and I think I am going to use a charm as a major reward down the road.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #36  

Mary- Prepare to not be able to sit on the toilet tomorrow... plyometrics is the worst...

I'm starting insanity on Monday
Old 02-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #37  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Haley -Yay! I'm glad it came.

So I just got rear-ended on my way home from work. This witch was on her cell phone and didn't give herself enough time to stop, probably exacerbated by the icy conditions. There aren't any marks on my car, and I'm fine, but I was like eff going to the gym. I came home, tried to run on my treadmill (forgot that its permanently set at a 4.0 incline) so instead did a few kettlebell DVDs and the 2 mile walk at home video on ExerciseTV. TOM should be here any minute, so explains why I have no energy...
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #38  
Mary

Stella - Jealous of your Hawaii trip!!! But I bet you are going to have a blast, even though it's for work. Usually I'm all for the cold weather, and even the snow, but I'm with you - can't wait for it to go away! Warm weather time, please? That sucks about the car, but I'm glad you're not hurt and there's no damage. URRRG to those that talk/text and drive! Seriously, put the phone down! Especially in conditions like that, jeez.

Jess - I'd care less about the snow if I could just be snowboarding 24/7, but ya know... life and all lol. I hope your eye feels better!

Jenn - Yay, that is awesome!

Initiative - I haven't seen the sunshine in a few days :C It's starting to make me have that sun-deprivation depression!

Haley - That sucks, I'm sorry :C Mail screw ups are the worst! I'm glad that it came, though! Pandora bracelets are really pretty + fun, my mom, aunt, and mommom all have them and love 'em! I'm already feeling it lol. Good thing the boyfriend is spending the night so he can give me a nice back massage. And maybe a butt massage. Don't judge lol. Good luck with insanity! I was torn between P90x and Insanity.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #39  
Brighter than the moon!

I was excited about Hawaii, until I realized that I'm working mostly 12 hour days. I have one day "off" and I plan to spend most of that day on the beach.

I did just buy a "medium" bathing suit, though, so that's exciting
Old 02-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 268/260/194

Height: 5'7.5"

Haley and Stella--happy belated birthday belatedly to each of you!

Chloe--jelly of your Gaga tickets!

Initiative--I hope you feel better and don't come down totally sick

Stella--My ice protocol is similar, except I usually do the front first since there's no way it will melt at all and then the back is pretty melty by time I get there. Glad you are okay....grr cell phone drivers!

All the blizzard peeps--my university is doing critical staff only tomorrow...snow day!! This is MY birthday present, haha. I don't think I've seen double digits since 1996 and I walk everywhere so I'm hoping double-digits, although I know it makes a lot of problems.

I wasn't able to get a cupcake but there is a bottle of wine with my name on it open here Also, came really close to my overly ambitious weight goal for Feb 1. And, some advisor/thesis topic things went well today and I am feeling less self-conscious about being behind everyone else. Good day!
zizania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #41  
Mary

Stella - Yay! Really exciting (the bathing suit, not the work part)
Old 02-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #42  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Stella - eeeek car accidents suck! sorry you had to go through that. congrats on getting a size medium bathing suit!! you're going to LOVE hawaii.

Mary - good for you for doing your crazy workout! drink water to lessen the soreness tomorrow!!

Haley - yayyyy your present came!! i'm excited for you. i was sad for you earlier... now excited.

-----

eye is doin good, thanks guys. still looks awful, lol, but not painful really so whatev. so today i ran for 55 minutes doing major hills. i've decided that i have a love-hate relationship with hill runs.

i entered everything i ate today into the loseit app and realized i only had about 700 calories by 7 pm. so after my run i ate a hearty helping of pizza with my dad with zero regrets. woo hoo!
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:43 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Chele - our windchill is currently -29. Colorado was essentially shut down today, so it has been a sweats kind of day in our house too! I love it!

Mary - I'm considering doing P90X...maybe...lol I just want to get to my goal, so it's a thought.

Stella - Glad to hear you're ok! AND you still did a kick-*** workout considering you have no energy.

Jazz - I love when that happens!!

So, I'm going to visit my family in March in California. I'm very excited because my extended family hasn't met baby girl yet & she'll be 7 months by then. On the other hand, the voice in my head is berating me to get my tookus working harder. I love my mom dearly, but she can be extremely degrading when it comes to my weight...she would tell me that I was going to die from diabetes or a heart attack & that just put fear in me - it didn't make me want to change. So, anyway, I'm staying with her & I'm just so ready to shock her with my weight loss. I'm tired of her trying to scare me into being skinny. Basically, as snotty as it sounds, I wanna walk off that plane & have my weight loss be middle finger to all the ugly things she's said.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get that out there. Really praying I can keep up the 2lbs/week weight loss to get down as low as I can before then. Keep me in line, girls! Being accountable to you all has been key.
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #44  
Brighter than the moon!

Ha, Madison, I feel the same way about weight loss and family sometimes. I wouldn't worry about it, moms can be cruel.

Alright, so its going to be 55 degrees here today. After we had ice storms less than 36 hours ago.

Hopefully the snow will melt....
Old 02-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #45  

SNOW DAY! Toledo never cancels school and this morning they had only canceled until 12.... so most people still had class... in a level 3 snow warning which you can apparently be arrested for driving in

Stella- sorry about your fender bender...glad you're ok

Madison- you will be amazed at how proud your family will be... my family has been so supportive but I did get a comment from an uncle when I was down 100 pounds...he was like "I'm proud you got some of that weight off now lets just work on getting the rest off" I instantly "hated" him... be strong

zizania- where in Michigan are you?

The boyfriend and I are snowed in...He is making chicken in the crockpot to make enchillada's... I also had a really low calorie day yesterday after dinner and then I ate a horrible chips and cheese midnight snack...ugh

Last edited by HaleyisLove; 02-02-2011 at 10:26 AM.