Old 02-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #31  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Tara – Awsome about the 4 weeks of P90X I couldn’t really get into that series much.

Rainbow – I agree sober is usually good but the one thing about when your drunk things that you were too worried to say before came out. (that could be just me I have a very hard time expressing feelings sober anyways…)

Krampus – omg congrats to your boyfriend and I’m so envious I would do the Netherlands thing without questions! Then again I’m the type of person if I haven’t lived there before then for sure I’d pack up and go just to do it! sooo DO IT!!! =)

--

I’m up to 159 today, my goal was 157 for the end of the month but you know what I look smaller even though the scale seems to like me at this number. (my love handles are shrinking drastically.) Today is a new month and one of the girls had done something where she didn’t step on the scale ALL month, I’m going to do that this month. I’m tired of seeing the same numbers on the scale. I know I lost 5 pounds this month and now I’m back down to my pre holiday weight, but that’s not good enough. My goal was to be 155 for the Valentine ’s Day challenge. I might step on the scale that day just to see if I succeeded or not but other than that no excuses! I think this week I start and have my trainer twice Wednesday and Friday. Oh my I’m a little nervous. I did JM 30 day shred level 2 yesterday and that video still kicks my butt..
Happy Tuesday ladies
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #32  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

MizTaCcen Nah, I started with P90.. When I'm done with 3 months of it, then I will move onto P90X. For some reason, I'm able to stick with it... and I think it's mostly because of my bf who has like the most drive I've ever seen in anyone... and he works out with me. And YAY for less love handles. That's always a great NSV!

rainbow I'm sorry to hear that you are going through the "headaches" but if I may say... I think you should be able to share what you feel and what you think with your loved one without worrying about how he will react to it. I know it's not about everything and it's only about the L word but that itself is pretty big part of a relationship... especially when you know you love him and he knows he loves you. Hopefully you will get to talk to him when you both are sober and get something good out of it.

lostangel Yes, I'm losing slowly too.. (I was kinda bad..stuffing myself more than listening to my body...over the weekend) but at least we are working on it. That's what matters. And then after months, we will look back and think... Mmm... I was XXX lb heavier back then... If we didn't work on it, then we would just be at the same place if not heavier. You can do this! Just stick to it.... I lost my last "fight" because I gave up when I was having a plateau. Not this time for sure.. Plateau or slow loss is better than gaining!

Krampus That's awesome! I love Europe.. I lived in Italy for two years and it was just LOVELY!

Madison I lived in CO for a year and in MI for total of about 5 years... so I know what it's like to stay in and warm with snow storm..and I don't miss it at all now... Hopefully things will warm up fast after the snow storm. And that jello pain is the good pain! Keep up the good work.

Robin Welcome! I see that you and I have the same height. We can do this. Everyone on here is very nice and you will get motivated for sure!

Kawaii I agree with your friend...although I do that sometimes when I feel like I'm getting heavier... :P

I got this black soy milk from Korean store and one small pack was all I had for my breafast. It was filling for sure... with lots of protein and fiber. My bf (who swore he couldn't stand soy milk) likes it too so it looks like I will be getting them more often... they are so expensive though. $17 for like 24 small tiny ones... but oh well.

We are thinking about starting protein shake and replace it with one of the meals(probably breakfast).. Is there anyone doing protein shake or drink?
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #33  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

tara- we miss you too!

rainbow- definately good to bring it up when you're sober. Hopefully thinking and talking about it means you guys can figure it out

miz- your loss is good enough! Any loss is great progress

i woke up at 4:30 this morning in pain and had to get up and have some panadol and get some ice to put on my jaw. And i've been waiting for 830 to come around so i can call my surgeon and ask him what to do, since im not even supposed to be on panadeine or voltaren today onwards. But my left cheek and neck is noticably more swollen than the right, and swallowing and talking is really painful. I have to call work and cancel my meeting and shift too, and prob my PT for tomorrow guess its back to mush for me too. And I'm up like 4kg :'(

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 02-01-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Personals later - just wanted to check-in. Hope you all are having a great day. Weighed in at 175.8 today & hoping to see 173 on Friday. My body is soooo sore from starting weights the other day. I did cardio yesterday & today is weights again, but cripes! I have to brace myself on the tub to sit down to pee!! lol This is gonna be tough, but I gotta push through.
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Uuuuugh.

Major storm headed this way.... stuck @ work for 2 days possibly... had a MAJOR binge (on all healthy stuff though) this morning... so mad at myself

Personals when all this blows over. Be well everyone!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #36  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Madison Go girl! You will be happy when you get that nice firm muscle that you can feel on your bicep.

Icon I hope you will really feel better soon. . .

FPSJ Be safe yourself! Keep warm too!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 214.3/200.4/150

Height: 5'9

@ Targetgettingthin : I used to go straight to the gym after getting my step-daughter from school. I would usually have a little snack before I left to get her but nothing much.

After spending a couple hours there (cardio, weights, and taking a dip in the pool) I would be Starving!! I knew if I went home to cook dinner for the family I would pig out, so I started having protein shakes to replace my dinner. Worked like a charm! They filled me up like crazy and helped my body recover afterwards. I would just get them from the Gym (they mix them up right in front of you), but it's easy to make your own at home too. If you buy the protein (Whey Protein is the best out there), mix in some fruit and yogurt if you'd like and you're good to go!

My favourite is just doing a plain chocolate protein shake and adding a tbsp of peanut butter. I LOVE Chocolate & Peanut butter so this definitely helps if I'm craving something sweet without blowing my work out or my calories.

Your local GNC store should have lots of options. I'm sure you could find something there

----------

I was planning on doing a zumba class this morning before I went to work, but I could barely move this morning due to last night's late work out (legs & abs). I opted to take the extra hour of sleep and walk on my treadmill tonight.

We have a bad blizzard warning for Southern Ontario right now. It's not snowing yet, but it's on the way apparently. I'm wondering if the gym will be closed early tomorrow or not - is it bad that I'm hoping to get a snow day from work? LOL I work in a mall, so I highly doubt we will but I'm secretly keeping my fingers crossed.

I weighed in at 208 this morning. I'm staying under my calories, but I know I'm not eating as clean as I should. It's probably preventing me from losing the weight I should be at this point. I also need to keep up with my water intake - I'm at 20oz today but it needs to be up around 64oz.

Only 2 more months till I can go back to North Carolina. I'm SO Excited!!
gnat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

JL, hey, 52 minutes is more than my workouts! Lol

Robin, welcome and good luck! I have an issue with the age thing as well, haha…

Krampus, 2 days of no candy in a row?! Wow, good girl! Lol. fukuoka now is an international magazine now? Haha… congrats, that’s pretty cool though. You should totally move to Europe!

Miz, a shrinking body even without actual scale loss is awesome! And it’s great that you can actually feel/see it too! I wish that would happen to me when that scale doesn’t move, haha…

Targeting, you mean like “goma” (black soybeans) flavoured? I love it! goma ice cream is the best, btw…

Icon, oh no! take care! I also woke up too early this morning because of pain headache.

Madison, lol, I know what you mean! When I first started working out back in October I had to do that too for like 2-3 days… haha.. muscles were hurting so bad! Haha…

FPSJ, oh no! why would you be stuck at work though? That is laaaaaame!

Well good morning all. As I mentioned earlier I woke up, probably around 5:30 this morning, cuz my head was pounding. Tossed around for a while, finally got some advil and put a cold strip on my forehead, and I was just starting to fall asleep again when my alarm rang! Gah! I hate that… like, I thought it was still the middle of the night since it was so dark outside

So I had my meeting last night and guess what… I still don’t have a f*cking answer!!! Sooooo tired of all these delays and half answers and STRESS!!! So I went and I said that I had decided to leave, unless they could give me a contract only until march 2012. She said that it was impossible with the JET program since it was a government thing, but then she started hinting at how other people had “left” in the past when they had good reasons (family problems and such) and I said I didn’t want to break contract cuz it goes against my integrity and stuff. I said I wanted it to be official, so she ended up saying that I could sign the paper saying that I’m recontracting til june 2012 for the JET officials, but then it would be understood with the board of education here that I would leave in march. Like I wouldn’t be scaring and pissing off anybody as I left. I said ok. One little catch, she has to ask the big boss and he has to agree to it. we have a final meeting with the big boss on Thursday after school, so I have to wait TWO MORE DAYS before I know if I stay or leave. *sigh*

So with all that f*cking stress, I am damn proud of myself for actually sticking with my diet yesterday!! On the downside, TOM should be here any minute and my headaches have started already… this should be a fuuuuuuun week….
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #39  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Personals later, but I worked out! I wasn't going to and I did 45 minutes of JM BFBM and I feel great! I'm glad I worked out today!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

MiZ I am very similar, often lots of truths come out when I'm drinking - that's not to say I'm dishonest when sober, but I tend to keep lots of things to myself! Good luck with your non-weighing February!

tara Thank you for the advice. I think I'm finally coming to realise that I should extend my absolute trust and non-worriedness about our relationship to ALL parts of it. For example, not just waiting til I'm drunk to bring up things that I think about...I figure that it should be strong enough for us to talk about this kind of thing whenever - although maybe not right now when he's at university 15 hours a day working on his thesis - that could be a little insensitive. Black soy milk sounds so odd!

Icon Oh noes more pain! I really hope you can get it sorted out! Don't stress about the 4kg. I'm sure it's not real weight. Bringing it up while sober for me was a good thing - I think maybe the problem is that he doesn't see it as something that needs sorting out, while I like things to be resolved. We'll see.

Madison Yay for the soreness!

FPSJ Hang in there, hope the storm isn't too bad!

gnat Hey there! I skipped my Zumba class last night as I had to go to a family thing, definitely missed it! Hope you get on your treadmill!

Kawaii Oh man, I'm sorry you have to keep waiting! I know you just want it resolved - hang in there, keep doing well with your eating, you'll be fine! Hope that TOM isn't too bad either

~Totally failed with sleeping, only just got up and it's now 11.40am. I'm meant to meet my cousin for lunch around 1.40pm so I'm trying to figure out whether I have time to exercise before showering and getting ready, or whether I should do exercise later (more likely to just not do it at all that way though I think).
It's so hot I just don't want to move.
Today I had also planned to get out my clothes I put aside a few months ago that were too big then - they'll definitely still be too big and some are in really good condition (like an awesome dress I paid $140 for and literally wore once) - I'm going to try to sell them on TradeMe (like New Zealand's version of eBay) because even if I only get like.. $40 total for all the clothes, that's better than nothing. I'm only going to sell the stuff that's in really good condition though, might give the rest away.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #41  
This is not a test.

Feeling and looking like i have a golf ball in my jaw now

Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 PM   #42  

Icon You don't look that bad! But I get how it might feel. Actually I have a golf ball in the form of an enlarged gland in my neck from when I had glandular fever like.. 11 years ago - now that I'm smaller it's more noticeable. Sorry, completely unrelated. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #43  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Good morning 20-somethings! Hope those of you in the US are staying safe and warm in that crummy weather.

Started the morning off right with Tae Bo, pushups, planks, squats and bird dogs. Weighed myself, down to 57.2 kg/126.1 lbs, which is more than a pound and a half less than yesterday...!!! Fell violently walking to work but I don't mind, a skinned knee is no huge deal. I did kind of mess up my right foot (December's foot fail was the left foot, of course). We'll see what happens.

I set my Seoul goal (it rhymes) as "under 125" and I'm thinking that maybe if I manage to eat cleanly, I can get there - obstacles are a potluck dinner and a brunch buffet on Saturday and Sunday. I fly out Thursday of next week and I seriously can't wait. My passport is getting full but I hate the new U.S. passport design so I might try to order extra pages instead of replacing the whole thing.

Icon Ah you don't look bad at all, but I hope the golf ball feeling gets lost ASAP! Sorry to hear about the pain

rainbowstripe Making me sooo jealous with your talk of "too hot" and "sleeping too late." Funny how much greener the grass seems.

MiZTaCCeN Great job getting the workouts in. I consider myself pretty darn spontaneous too so if he goes, I'm definitely at least going to rock up and stay until my visa expires.

KawaiiCandie ARGH that sounds FRUSTRATING! But I'm happy to hear you stuck with your diet. Haha I dunno what to call Fukuoka Now...it's the go-to magazine for English speakers and gaijin hunters in all of Kyushu though which is cool.

gnat7 What's in NC?

taragettingthin Black soymilk sounds SO GOOD. I've been studying hangul in prep for my Korea trip next week and I got to the "milk" vocab yesterday!

FPSJ Sorry to hear about the binge, but if it was healthy stuff at least you won't have to deal with the sugar comedown/mania that comes with binging on sweets...

MadisonAvePhoto Push on through but be kind to yourself! That soreness only happens in the very beginning. I know the feeling all too well of almost falling onto the toilet seat...haha!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #44  
This is not a test.

yeah its super tender. I saw my surgeon again and the good news is that its a minor post surgery infection, theres no puss and it can be treated with nice strong antibiotics. The bad news was that we found out about the lack of puss by poking it, the antibiotics are about a half cm thick and i can only open my mouth a few mm, and they have to be taken with food, which is hard because it is excrutiating to swallow >.<
Old 02-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #45  

krampus Good stuff with the workouts and good luck for your Seoul goal! You can totally do it.

Icon Urgh, frustrating. Here's hoping the antibiotics clear it up fast!