3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Does anyone use the "Lose it!" app? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/224081-does-anyone-use-lose-app.html)

jazzang 01-29-2011 01:01 PM

Does anyone use the "Lose it!" app?

I recently downloaded a new app on ol' iphone called Lose it! and so far i'm pretty impressed, especially since it was free! Curious if anyone else out there is using it or has had success with it? The philosophy behind it is pretty basic, track calories consumed and calories burned, create a deficit and you're guaranteed to see the scale go down. It looks like you can also log on on the computer if you don't use an iphone or itouch.

catahoula 01-29-2011 01:24 PM

I used it for a while before joining WW. Now I use their app. But I still have lose it. I keep track of my non-official weigh-ins on it.

mel92 01-29-2011 01:41 PM

I haven't used it before but I might give it a try! I need to track my calories better.

WeightForMe 01-29-2011 01:45 PM

I have it and love it! My fav app and it's free! Can't go wrong. I've lost all my weight following it. I also love how you can input your own foods. Very handy app

jayohwhy 01-29-2011 01:46 PM

I was going to use it but I used the livestrong one instead because it has way more food choices on it. Even though I use the official ww app now, I still use livestrong to look up calorie counts that the ww one is missing

luckymommy 01-29-2011 01:47 PM

I absolutely love it. However, I try not to consume my calories burned so I'll put in the exercise at the end of the day so as not to tap into those calories. However, there have been times when I've used those calories and then some. ;)

JustSharing83 01-29-2011 02:24 PM

I've been meaning to check it out. My husband uses it and says it's helping him.

Vanny 01-29-2011 02:26 PM

I use fitnesspal pretty much the same concept. I love it though it making dieting so much easier for me.

Chele615 01-29-2011 02:41 PM

I have it!!! I like that you don't need to have internet access to get into it since I downloaded it on my itouch and there are times that I don't have internet access on it, especially if I'm outside my house. I also have the WW and My Fitness Pal apps, but I definitely use "Lose It!" when out with friends. Definitely handy!!!

taliee 01-29-2011 05:05 PM

I have it and love it! Definitely recommended.

gnat7 01-29-2011 05:45 PM

I use LiveStrong as well and I really like it. :)

fromthebox 01-29-2011 09:22 PM

I got it last march and lost 35lbs with it as a food diary. Now that I exercise I log that too, but its harder to not eat back exercise calories when they automatically deduct.

mdchick88 02-01-2011 08:28 PM

Ahh! Thank you for posting this... I've had it for a while, but I totally forgot about it. I admit, I download all of the weight loss-type apps, and the last page of my iTouch is reserved for these - I rarely scroll that far so I always forget I have them. My favorite part is the graph of your weight - I wish I would have remembered I had it, because I made my own graph in Excel and have been tracking that way. This is much easier, though!

platformnine 02-01-2011 08:51 PM

I've been using it on my ipod since I hate the spark people app (mostly annoyed that it doesn't sync with your info on the website, like food you've already entered manually) and I like it so far. I get to pre-order my iPhone for Verizon on Thursday, so I'll use it more often on my phone when I'm on the go. There's also daily burn, which I think is the one with a food scanner for products with a bar code (also a free app).

musicalme223 02-01-2011 10:10 PM

I started off with loseit, but I found the ************ app and I LOVE IT!!!! Their food database is huge!!!!