Old 01-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy Motivational Books

Howdy, friends!
I'm really off motivation (diet, exercise, etc.) wise lately. I'm looking for a book or two to help boost it. Please note - a diet book isn't going to do it for me. I've read many and that's not really what I'm looking for (though feel free to post any books, may change someone's life). I recently finished college, and I had a "real" job during my last 8 or so months of it, so basically I'm continuing work, just not going to school anymore. My mom thinks I'm at that "what now?" phase a lot of young adults go through after finishing college. Any help out there? I feel down quite a bit, and I'm thinking if I don't get a handle on this now, I'm going to get fatter and it very well could lead to depression (not so much the fatness, just the downness in general). Thanks!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:55 AM   #2  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

i'm not sure if this entire falls under motivational, but there is a book of affirmations that i like called 28 Days to a More Magnetic Life by Sandra Ann Taylor.
it helps you shift your consciousness in a more positive direction, and i find it to be more motivating, and helps me find that sense of control that i struggle to always see. also, its brief and to the point. see if the they have it at your local library, and if you like it, buy it i think it's $7 on amazon.
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:57 AM   #3  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I really like Fighting Globesity by Jackie and Phillip Mills. Its what got me started right back at the very begining and kept me going for a long time
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #4  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Go spend time in the self help aisle at your local book store. I don't know I love that area! I can spend hours there looking for a book that will help me through anything and everything. I mostly spent time there during my break up last year, but it can also help with self confidences, motivation to become a better you and so on.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hm. While I don't believe in motivation for weight loss (I believe in commitment) for life that's a totally different thing.

I really enjoyed "Eat, Pray, Love." When I read it I was at a pretty terrible time in my life - I didn't know what I wanted to do and didn't feel like I really had anything to "live for," and I really enjoyed that book. Not all of us can go on a year long trip to find balance, but the lessons that she learns along the way are pretty valuable.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote