3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Heavy...on A&E (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/222796-heavy-e.html)

Krizstyling 01-18-2011 12:36 AM

Heavy...on A&E

Anyone catch this? Yes, another weightloss show through good old exercise and diet! A friend of mine forced me to record it ...and I did so reluctantly and then I fell immediately in love

Anyone else watch the premiere last night?

skinnycow126 01-18-2011 12:46 AM

I caught this show. I thought it was rather well done.

wendychic 01-18-2011 01:08 AM

I really like it! I wish they would spend more time following the two people, than trying to cram it into one episode. It definitely shows their struggles and how sometimes going home and getting back into old habits can really throw someone back into a weight gain. I look forward to next week!

Krizstyling 01-18-2011 09:49 AM

I agree!! I thought it was greatttttt how they showed both the mental issues that go along with weight loss and also the struggle at home. It was VERY VERY well done! Looking forward to next week.

Wendy - I'm with you, even if they did just one person per episode I feel like we'd get to see more of their struggle.

ANewMeT 01-18-2011 11:46 AM

I really loved Tom and I found myself hoping he'd succeed during the whole show. I wasn't a fan of the lady though but now I understand why. She reminds me of myself! The way she *****es and whines and doesn't want to PUSH. That's me exactly...

On another note, I know the show is (most likely) supervised by an actual doctor, but was anyone else nervous one of them would have a heart attack while exercising?? Their bodies and heart are under enough pressure as it is, I actually worried what vigorous exercise might do!

Good show, can't wait til next week :)

mdchick88 01-18-2011 11:51 AM

I really, really liked it. I've never been above 230, so it was crazy to me to see what a struggle it can be to just WALK. I had a love/hate thing going on with the woman - I hate watching people cry when they work out, but I really felt for her with all of her struggles at home. She seemed to really help motivate Tom, too. I almost cried when he gained some of the weight back in the beginning :cry:

SweetScrumptious 01-18-2011 02:21 PM

Good show - I've been looking forward to it for the past couple of weeks. I agree with the above, but I just wished they showed more of the "healthy/lifestyle change" eating habits. They showed what they did eat before but only really showed the exercise portion of weight loss plus the mental struggles. I would liked to have seen more of them preparing and making healthy eating choices.

oddreee 01-18-2011 04:51 PM

I haven't watched this yet, but I will as soon as I get home. I was just reading another thread about I Used to Be Fat and TBL and a lot of people commented on how it can set very unrealistic weight loss goals. It's good to see something real.

Krizstyling 03-10-2011 03:32 PM

Anyone see the most recent one? OMG JUlia just astounded me! BEST ONE YET! She went in with a goal and I'm only half way through the episode so far and she's already just SHOCKED ME!

fattymcfatty 03-10-2011 03:46 PM

Yeah, I couldn't believe she was rockin' a bikini 3 months after being there. I've been at this for 8 months and still my abs look like s**t! I was so mad I felt like throwing stuff through the TV!!!

Krizstyling 03-10-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fattymcfatty (Post 3752494)
Yeah, I couldn't believe she was rockin' a bikini 3 months after being there. I've been at this for 8 months and still my abs look like s**t! I was so mad I felt like throwing stuff through the TV!!!

HAHAHAAHAHA!!! I'm sorry that was hilarious because I was in shock too! I'm like WHAT?! I weigh less then she weighed on her last weigh-in (given she is probably taller) and she was rockin a freakin bikini at a higher weight then that! I mean, I wouldn't rock a bikini with that tummy but she had the CONFIDENCE to do it and that's what I was jealous of. The confidence!

And let's not even get started on that bike ride! She killed it!

And sidebar: Looking at your stats, You are killing it as well! Go 'head girl!

Hot4Teacher23 03-10-2011 04:41 PM

I found Julia to be the most inspiring yet. At the end of each episode, I always look to see how much they have lost since (because most of them still have a good amount to lose after they are done with the six months) and have been disappointed to see that many of them don't continue to lose. Julia reached and surpassed her goal, which is totally amazing! She not only looked fabulous, but had reached a healthy weight and changed her lifestyle.

Krizstyling 03-10-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot4Teacher23 (Post 3752569)
I found Julia to be the most inspiring yet. At the end of each episode, I always look to see how much they have lost since (because most of them still have a good amount to lose after they are done with the six months) and have been disappointed to see that many of them don't continue to lose. Julia reached and surpassed her goal, which is totally amazing! She not only looked fabulous, but had reached a healthy weight and changed her lifestyle.

I usually read them too!! I love seeing that, I didn't realize Julia had lost more. How much more? I saw that the male lost 10lbs more but I thought it said Julia maintained her 88lbs lost?

Thighs Be Gone 03-10-2011 05:03 PM

I also watch this show each week. I also give it thumbs up. Anyone see last weeks episode when they were finding the hidden food in the rooms? I think that was on Heavy anyway. I remember it was whole grain saltines, a jar of peanut butter and chocolate covered what nots.

Krizstyling 03-10-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 3752615)
I also watch this show each week. I also give it thumbs up. Anyone see last weeks episode when they were finding the hidden food in the rooms? I think that was on Heavy anyway. I remember it was whole grain saltines, a jar of peanut butter and chocolate covered what nots.

Yes! The blonde school teacher was hiding peanut butter!