Old 01-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Default ~~Weekly Chat 17 January - 23 January~~

Have to be brief in starting this weeks chat - we've been given the hard word about internet usage at work so we have to use it minimally.

Anyway I guess this year is well and truly going now, eep!

Last night the barbecue went ok, aside from the fact I had brought some lean pork steak for myself and my boyfriend to eat and my aunt decided not to cook it :/ It was ok though, there was some chicken and some lamb.

My boyfriend and I watched "How To Train Your Dragon" before bed - I decided I want a dragon haha, it was so cute!

Anyway this week is going to be weird for me exercise-wise, I can already tell. I'm working more than usual and I'm busy almost all day both days on my days off during the week so I'm not sure where to fit it in. Zumba will definitely happen tomorrow after work...I could get something in today after work but I am exhausted. I guess I better just work on keeping the eating in check!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

I really wanna try Zumba! I think I'd like it, but I also know I'd look like a complete dork!

Really happy with my weigh-in today. Holding steady at 2lb loss per week - really hoping I can keep that up. I'm having my cheat day today & I feel like rubbish! Thank goodness it's only one day a week because I feel rotten. But it's also quite yummy I have to slam into gear tomorrow because we are doing a mini-spa day for SILs birthday on Friday, so I need to be down to 177 to earn that massage or I won't get one!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Sunday!
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Good morning all! It’s a new week here! And guess what…. it’s snowing! Well actually, it snowed last night and now there is maybe 2-3cm of accumulated snow on the ground. I’m sure this is nothing spectacular for most of you, but in my part of Japan, it never snows. Like, NEVER! So this is a big deal! Not for me, really, because I grew up in the stuff (and I f*cking hate it…) but for everybody else, who don’t know how to deal with it. It was really hilarious this morning watching all the cars go at 5km/h on the streets cuz they don’t have snow tires… and now school is “postponed” til 3rd period because apparently students can’t get here. I dunno, this is just hilarious to me. Oh, and is the heating on in the school you ask? Of course not. Oh well. It must be Monday

This morning I weighed in at 76.0kg, and honestly, that was a big shock. I know I was bad on Saturday, but almost a whole kilo up?! And I was really good to balance it out, yesterday! *sadness* I hope it’ll blow over… I just don’t wanna spend all of this week getting back to where I was last Friday. Meh. I guess I’ll do my best! I think I’ve decided to work out tonight to… so if I don’t, you guys need to yell at me so I feel bad about it! Lol.

FPSJ, I am actually a pretty crap dater too… I have no problems getting guys to hit on me when I go out, but the actual dating part? I’m pretty bad at it! lol. you’ll get back into the swing of things no worries though you know, a friend was telling me about those weekly totals things earlier this week, but somehow I don’t buy it… I mean you got the proof with my big night out right there! Lol. if you could go totally crazy one day and then starve yourself the rest of the week and still lose… well, I’m not saying it’d be awesome, but… lol!

Krampus
, as far as food fails go (especially for you and your tendencies to go overboard on weekends ) I think a pb&j sandwich in bed is not that bad!

Icon, oh no, they weren’t boots! They were heels (I love boots too but I only have one pair and they didn’t match). Yeah, that guy’s reaction was awesome and it made me feel so good! and it’s not like it was one of those “oh wow, you’re hot now that you’re skinny reaction” because that guy has always (repeatedly) told me I was sexy even when I was heavier, eheh.

Rainbow, thanks for the compliments! I actually can’t stop staring at that last picture, going “I’m so TINY!” in my head! lol. oh no! did you get scolded for using the net? lol. I’m sorry… but actually, I was surprised that you got away with it so much since it’s a retail job! Don’t stress too much about the exercise stuff. If it happens, great. If not, you just gotta make sure you’re good with your food!

Madison, oh… well maybe you shouldn’t be having cheat days if they make you feel so bad? I mean, you should be enjoying them! And maintaining a 2lbs weekly loss… that’s awesome! I am so totally jealous! I am lucky if I can lose 2lbs in a month… lol. although it has seem to be going a bit faster since the new year, so I’ll keep my fingers crossed! lol. cheer up!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Weight was about 57.3 kg this morning. 126 lbs or thereabouts. Feeling good after yesterday's longer run and strength stuff. Today is so cold at work that I can't take off my winter jacket and I'm still freezing. So over winter.

Also, there are no fewer than NINE big boxes of souvenir candy/cookies/crackers from the field trip to Hokkaido. This is killing me. I've already had one cracker and two pieces of chocolate. Using my laziness in not wanting to get out of my chair/being glued to the screen to keep me away. It's the first day of TOM too. >_<

Kawaii_Candie Haha truth. It was far less of a food fail than typical, plus no alcohol or rice all weekend.

MadisonAvePhoto Looking like a dork is no excuse not to do something fun and active - plus everyone else looks like a dork too in a class!

rainbowstripe Uh oh, the banhammer falls. I liked "Inception" and I can see why it was hailed as one of the most innovative and fresh movies in a long time.

Icon The coat...well bless his heart but my bf picked it out and I just didn't really like it. Also, it was too big
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/135/120

Height: 5'4''

Rainbow I'm about to watch that movie in a couple hours with the boy. Hurray for dragons.

We watched Jesus Camp last night which I'm still a little traumatized over. They're like little Christian terrorists in training. Woohoo!
iiholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #6  
Zumba Mami

Height: 5'7"

Nobody will think you look like a dork except you, because most everybody else is busy trying not to look like a dork themselves! I promise! And I have insider knowledge on this one!!! (I look around and see it everyday!)
JenZumbaMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #7  

MadisonAve It's quite fun! I'm not a naturally graceful person, I can be kind of clumsy...but I have the hang of it now as long as there aren't too many simultaneous arm/leg movements haha. Congrats on your good weigh-in!

Kawaii Was there a lot of sodium in your weekend? I wouldn't worry too much...it might go away in a day or so! I haven't been told off so much as -- make sure you keep the internet time evened out with cleaning and other stuff, otherwise the store owner will block the internet (this is coming from my manager who, when she has her day in the store, spends her time online shopping for clothes). Seriously though, it's just me in the store all day and it's SO quiet!

krampus I'm feeling a need for chocolate :/ I liked Inception a lot as well, I just really enjoyed it.

iiholly I liked it a lot, I hope you do too!

~So I doubt I'll get exercise in after work because my boyfriend just texted me to tell me that he told his mum I'd cook dinner tonight. It's also raining. So unless I exercise after dinner, which is highly unlikely, it's not happening.
I am seriously loving my new found lunch - the falafel mix that you make into patties/balls yourself. It's so delicious.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #8  

krampus, i wish i had your problem! my school has decided that because of the snow and all the delays, we were gonna have lunch from 1:20pm. 1:20!!!!! hello, that is like 7 hours from the time i had breakfast! and today is no-rice day too... i'm going to die. i have some bite-sized omiyage in my desk, thank god, but i doubt that'll help much...

rainbow, so your manager is worst than you? haha... yeah. i don't think sat night was particularly high in sodium, but i did have miso udon last night so i guess that could be it. damn sodium...

man, i've been having these nasty junk cravings all morning. it doesn't help that we'll have to eat lunch like an hour later than usual!! i already ate 3 of my little "snacks" in my desk and i want to eat more! urgh! this is making me crazy...
Old 01-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #9  

Kawaii Well...yeah I'd say she's worse only because she doesn't tend to do much else while she's here - she leaves all the other jobs for us to do, ie cleaning, sorting out web orders, getting supplies for the store...it's kind of ridiculous. I think she'd be more distraught than the rest of us if the internet was gone, because she wouldn't be able to get her retail therapy in! I am with you on the junk cravings. I just ate my tasty, healthy lunch but now I want crap.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:32 PM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Chocolate update: 6 pieces of chocolate, 2 cookies, 1 cracker. Dammit! I'm going to have to have a small dinner. Probably about 350 calories of junk.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Rainbow - I'm somewhat graceful. I did Polynesian dancing for 15 years, but in my old age of 26 I seem to have lost some of my grace! I did Jazzercise for a couple years & was actually training to become an instructor (before I had a major shin injury) & I loved it. It was HARD work, but a lot of fun. That's why I got Dance with Julianne: Just Dance because if I'm dancing then I don't think I'm working out & then I'm more inclined to do it.

Kawaii - I do enjoy the cheat days...and I realized part of the reason I felt so crappy today was because baby didn't sleep very well last night. Minor detail. And honestly, having a cheat day, makes me want to get back to work the next week even more.

Krampus - Good luck with all the junk in the house. I'm a sucker for cookies...and chocolate...and chocolate cookies.
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Eeeeeep, I can't even THINK about a cookie or chocolate or a cracker....

Kawaii--- About the weekly totals: I don't know what else to do :-/ Working night shifts means that some days I consume as little as 500 calories because I'm sleeping, but then I eat at work after midnight and it carries over into the next day... it would really unhealthy to NOT eat for my entire day off after I sleep, as I'd likely have horrid headaches and pass out. So, I'm trying it out for now to see what happens... siiiigh. You're probably right though, and I may never see goal weight. Hmph.

Krampus-- Oooo I feel for ya. I really do. Sometimes I will lock myself in the supply room and do pushups and then guzzle water until the urge passes... or even changing the trash bags, something to keep my hands busy. This hasn't ruined your day, though... you'll make whatever adjustments you have to!

Rainbow
-- Definitely be careful with the internet, you gotta hang on to that job! I am intrigued by this falafel mix....

Madison--Zumba is way fun, and once you get over your appearance, it's even better. Go do it and let loose!

Ho hum, time to do unpleasant chores and such.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:42 AM   #13  

FPSJ, but if you work nights, couldn't you count your "days" as from the moment you wake up til the time you go to bed? sounds rough though...

half an hour left at work. my kids were super cute today (except for that one brat, but now i don't have to see him again til next monday so happy i shall be), one in particular was frickin adorable because he kept chatting with me in english and then i told him i liked him cuz he was funny and he went bright red cuz he thought it was a love declaration from me! haha (he's 15 btw...) and then his friend was teasing him... and then at the end of the class, his friend was asking him if he liked foreign girls and he said "no no! japanese only!" and i pretended to be all sad and he got all upset... lol. ok, i'm a bad teacher...

oh and in that same class, when i first arrived, the kids were talking about me in japanese and then they were like "vanessa, you've lost weight!". i think it's because i bought new clothes (that actually fit) back home that they are noticing. i dunno. but hey, i can never hear it enough! lol.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #14  

krampus I'm hopefully about to join you on chocolate island - if I have some spare calories after the delicious curry I just cooked and ate.

MadisonAve Wow, Polynesian dancing, how cool! And Jazzercise! Also cool! I wish they had classes here... is Dance with Julianne: Just Dance a dvd?

FPSJ I am now being super careful, trying to keep it minimal...but there is still a lack of actual work to be doing while I'm there, there is only so much cleaning I can do. They're pretty lenient, but I don't want to jeopardize the fact that I have an ok paying job! The falafel mix is really good. Obviously you won't be able to get the same brand since I'm in New Zealand and you're not, but I'm guessing at the grocery store you'd have a bunch of options - this one comes in a tub and you just scoop it out and cook it, it's a little sticky and annoying to deal with but cooks really fast (pretty sure you can eat it raw...) and tastes great, and it's also only 78 calories for 50grams, which is a fairly decent sized small pattie. MMMM.

~So I just ate a tasty curry. I love curries. My boyfriend's parents enjoyed it too. I'm sure he'll also enjoy it tomorrow, since he's not home til late. Damn this thesis of his haha. Anyone ever made a curry from scratch? I always use the pre-made spice mix because it's foolproof...
Old 01-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

Krampus I feel you on the temptations, but hang in there.
Rainbow I want a dragon. But a small one. That I can carry around like a little dog
Madison Good luck on the massage. I promised myself to wait until I'm 155 before I get my hair done and um, my hair is a bit out of wack.

Hey all! My goals for this week are
-Follow work out to plan.
I was so so lazy about working out last week. Not okay.
-Drink more water.
-Eat more veggies and fruits with every meal.
-Stop eating junky food!

I'm driving myself crazy. PMS and my least favorite time of the year have put in a particularly negative mindset. I don't understand why I feel so ****ty about myself, but I've been feeling extra ugly lately. I'm planning on moving to Australia after my job in Japan and I want to be thin. Not average, but thin. Hopefully that motivation will help me get through all this craziness. I'm really tired of men constantly putting me in the friendzone. I'm not desperate for a relationship, but I'm tired of getting my hopes up and being disappointed.
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote