3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Saying Hello-My Way of Being More Accountable (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/222217-saying-hello-my-way-being-more-accountable.html)

bee optimistic 01-12-2011 01:31 PM

Saying Hello-My Way of Being More Accountable

Hi Everyone,

This is sorta a re-introduction as I have been a member of this forum for as long as I can remember and of course with that I've had my successes and I've had some failures too. I'm putting myself and my story out there so that I can better utilize all you lovely ladies in my journey to a healthier and happier me!

So go back in time to September 2009... I was 190 pounds, miserable, and stressed as a 2nd year nursing student in university. I had just broken up with my (ex) boyfriend of almost 2 years and I was feeling ugly, unworthy, depressed about my weight (ugh you know the drill!) I signed up for a "biggest loser" inspired boot camp at my local gym. Success- when I went back home for Christmas in December 2009 I weighed 155 lbs and was feeling fabulous. Fast forward to the start of the new semester, new amazing boyfriend, new stresses and old ones (stupid exes) that just won't quit. I slowly but surely allowed those pounds to creep back on, finding the comfort foods I used to love and continually telling myself... "I'll just get back on track tomorrow." Well tomorrow never came and now it’s January 2011 and I'm back at exactly 190 :( The inevitable cycle of weight loss I've been in before was lonely and took me back... Now it’s crunch time because I am graduating with my 4 year nursing degree (a monumental moment in my life) and I want those pictures to look fabulous and I want to feel fabulous!

So here I am back in the swing of things ready to lose the weight for good. I've never felt as good as when I was down to 155lbs and this time I'm going to keep pushing. Hopefully with the support of all of you! I’ve been on plan for a week and 2 days and I’ve already lost 6 lbs (started 6lbs heavier than I’ve ever been at 196…. Eek. Way to close to 200 for me.) Here is to keeping it up and getting to goal!

MaddieBPhoto 01-12-2011 01:57 PM

Good for you! Sometimes it takes a major milestone in life for you to get it together & get it done once & for all. Jump back in & post your calories, post your weight - whatever it is that will get you moving forward. Six lbs lost in 9 days is AMAZING & you should feel very proud of yourself. Now, you gotta just push through & you can get back down. Welcome back & good luck!

pnkrckpixikat 01-12-2011 05:55 PM

welcome back and good luck! and congrats on making it through school! hooray

smashlers 01-12-2011 06:21 PM

Yay! good luck for you! and congrats on 6 lbs!

ANewMeT 01-13-2011 04:47 PM

Welcome back and congrats on all the good things you have going on! Keep it up girl :)