Old 01-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 243/199.4/190

Height: 5'8"

I went to NOLA for the Sugar Bowl...(we lost...sigh), and I was prepared mentally to eat off plan. Jambalaya, beer, a hot dog....but I didn't go crazy as I expected I would! And after all of that, Christmas and New year's...I've only gained a pound....so happy with that. Back on clean eating today..woohoo!
wesley587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #32  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Even if Triscuit is technically 'healthy', I know I shouldn't have eaten... over the course of sixteen hours... 15 servings of it. I guess that replaces a full 24 hours of meals I've effectively skipped while sitting in my room, mechanically eating Triscuit. I hate my binging behaviors so much.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #33  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmsey View Post
I'm just going to confess now. After my margarita last night, I found out my older sister would be coming into town. It's terrifying because I know she's going to want junk food and we'll be going out to eat.

Bad time to start on weight loss, eh?
Pick healthier places to eat then? If you got to a resturant eat only half of the meal, and save the other half for a lunch or something. When it comes to vegging out on the couch, instead of chips eat rice cakes or something. I don't know sometimes I like the "healthier" food then the junk food. Just remember how crappy your going to feel when you stuff yourself with a whole bag of chips and what not. It usually helps me...I hate being bloated...It makes me a very unhappy person.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #34  
Livin' Like a Lucky Charm

S/C/G: 280/258.8/142

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
Pick healthier places to eat then? If you got to a resturant eat only half of the meal, and save the other half for a lunch or something. When it comes to vegging out on the couch, instead of chips eat rice cakes or something. I don't know sometimes I like the "healthier" food then the junk food. Just remember how crappy your going to feel when you stuff yourself with a whole bag of chips and what not. It usually helps me...I hate being bloated...It makes me a very unhappy person.
Thanks! Sometimes I dwell on the issue and not on the solutions! I totally appreciate the ideas and it makes me feel better. There are ways to manage my weight loss, even when my sister is here or I'm out with the girls.
Charmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #35  
banned

S/C/G: 213/204/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
I refuse to watch that movie. For a few reasons:

1) I love McDonald's...I don't have it every day, maybe once every 4 months or so, so I'm not guilty about it.

2) Of course if you eat the same thing every day for however long he did you're going to be obese and have various health problems. He would have been the same if he ate KFC, Burger King, Wendy's, etc. McDonald's gets such a bad wrap and its really, by far, not the worst fast food out there.

3) I'm with Rainbow. If I watched it, I'd probably just want fries. Heck, this conversation has me wanting fries...
The point of the movie is to set a precedent that some people really are that naive, and some people just don't think that mcdonalds is that bad. And they don't think it's that bad to eat it every day, and he proved that it is bad to. He highlighted a problem about general ignorance about the fast food industry.

The reason why he chose mcdonalds is because its probably the first major fast food chain and it has restaurants all over the world and is very familiar. He didnt choose it because he thought it had the worst food.

Anyways, if you watch it, he decided to do it because of two obese teenage girls sued mcdonalds for making them fat. He wanted to point out that yes, eating mcdonalds food is very bad for you. Its not a documentary bashing mcdonalds per say, it is a criticism on the food industry as a whole, specifically the fast food industry, and how they market towards children, how they encourage poor nutrition for their profit and gain, and how the attitudes regarding fast food are skewing our perception of food and nutrition in general. Its the same as back in the 1960s when tobacco was being shown as psychologically and physically addicting.

Its not a documentary saying how bad mcdonalds is. It is a documentary about what people are doing to themselves by eating fast food and being sedentary.

He doesn't condemn eating fast food, he condemns the industry. It would be fine if people ate it once a month, but they don't, and many side effects of eating a lot of fast food go unnoticed by the general public. Many people who eat it every day already have a slew of health problems so they don't know what the food is doing to them, and by Spurlock doing this, he goes from being a very healthy guy to very unhealthy, and all of his health problems are directly caused by the food. He's not saying "don't ever eat mcdonalds". Hes saying that there needs to be a change.

Its honestly a great documentary, and he also talks about lunch services in schools and the choices kids make. Its documentaries like this that helped push legislation in California and other states that require restaurants to have nutrition information available with their menus. To overhaul school lunch programs. And to offer healthier options.

Last edited by Lady Stardust; 01-06-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #36  
banned

S/C/G: 213/204/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen View Post
That won't work, I either have to get sick from it or actually see something disgusting while my food is being made. Oh and I don't eat burger king because when I was in grade 10, everyday for lunch we had it. (figures back then I couldn't gain a pound...so I could do that haha)
How about this... When you eat a fast food burger, the meat may contain animal byproducts. I watched a show about where meat for fast food restaurants come from and I was truly disgusted. On factory farms, many times calves die and the ranchers have this service (I forget what it is called) that picks up the dead calves on the side of the road. They take these corpses and grind them up, along with other dead cows they picked up, and sell it as ground beef to fast food restaurants. Many times, the calves aren't even dead yet when they're left on the side of the road. So when you eat a fast food burger, you could be eating meat from several different animals.

And this: don't open if you are squeamish.

http://www.fooducate.com/blog/2009/0...ike-substance/

I'm not a vegetarian and I'm not a vegan, I just think people need to know where their food comes from, specifically their meat.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #37  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

I ate whatever the **** I wanted for ten days in Germany. WHATEVER THE **** I WANTED.

Here's a sample of a typical day in hog heaven

Brunch:
-3-4 fresh bread rolls
-about 5-7 tbsp Nutella
-5-7 tbsp cream cheese veggie spread
-half a wheel of Brie cheese
-fried egg
-maybe 5-7 tbsp of sun dried tomatoes in oil

Snacks between brunch and dinner:
-French fries with mayonnaise
-Absinth and wine, sipped throughout the day
-A piece of cake and a cappuccino plus the little biscuit that comes with it

Dinner:
-A whole flammkuchen (thin crispy pizza)
-Half a giant salad drowned in creamy dressing
-Beer

After dinner:
-1 caipirinha
-3 beers
-Half a bottle of mead (honey wine)
-A huge plate of pasta in rich cream sauce with grated cheese
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #38  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
The point of the movie is to set a precedent that some people really are that naive, and some people just don't think that mcdonalds is that bad. And they don't think it's that bad to eat it every day, and he proved that it is bad to. He highlighted a problem about general ignorance about the fast food industry.

The reason why he chose mcdonalds is because its probably the first major fast food chain and it has restaurants all over the world and is very familiar. He didnt choose it because he thought it had the worst food.

Anyways, if you watch it, he decided to do it because of two obese teenage girls sued mcdonalds for making them fat. He wanted to point out that yes, eating mcdonalds food is very bad for you. Its not a documentary bashing mcdonalds per say, it is a criticism on the food industry as a whole, specifically the fast food industry, and how they market towards children, how they encourage poor nutrition for their profit and gain, and how the attitudes regarding fast food are skewing our perception of food and nutrition in general. Its the same as back in the 1960s when tobacco was being shown as psychologically and physically addicting.

Its not a documentary saying how bad mcdonalds is. It is a documentary about what people are doing to themselves by eating fast food and being sedentary.

He doesn't condemn eating fast food, he condemns the industry. It would be fine if people ate it once a month, but they don't, and many side effects of eating a lot of fast food go unnoticed by the general public. Many people who eat it every day already have a slew of health problems so they don't know what the food is doing to them, and by Spurlock doing this, he goes from being a very healthy guy to very unhealthy, and all of his health problems are directly caused by the food. He's not saying "don't ever eat mcdonalds". Hes saying that there needs to be a change.

Its honestly a great documentary, and he also talks about lunch services in schools and the choices kids make. Its documentaries like this that helped push legislation in California and other states that require restaurants to have nutrition information available with their menus. To overhaul school lunch programs. And to offer healthier options.
What great points! I think the documentary is VERY informative. Ya can't help everyone, but the documentary does a good job at showing facts and statistics etc.

If I'm getting healthy I like knowing about every study and that affects me! I'm so glad that just about every restaurant I go in now has the nutritional information on it! Def helps making eating out a healthy choice!

Last edited by Krizstyling; 01-06-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 152/135/120

Height: 5'4''

I had 3 slices of pizza last night, started only with one. Then we watched a movie and I caved. It was a boring movie imo, the new alice in wonderland.

Fast food is something I never really mess with. I did for a bit eating taco bell when I was a raft guide and that was the beginning of the end of me being in decent shape.

Occasionally I'll have sheetz or subways but I try to stick towards the lighter meats and condiments.

MCD's just isn't worth it. I hate giving money to chaings, but I'm lucky that I'm surrounded by a bunch of small restaurants in a small area. We're getting kazu sushi tomorrow... which I'm not sure how that is calorie wise. I don't care, I'll never be able to give up sushi.
iiholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/135

Height: 5'9.5

goshh, everyone was talking about the mint chocolate combo so much I decided to help myself to 2 large scoops of mint chocolate ice cream..mmmmmm

Last edited by cat eyes; 01-07-2011 at 01:46 AM.
cat eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #41  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

Height: 5'6"

I have been craving Dairy Queen Blizzards and french fries like crazy.

If I have a persistent craving, I generally have it. I figure it's not productive to eat just to fill the space in my stomach, I should eat things that I like to eat. If I want some junk food REALLY badly, I have it but I take full responsibility for the murder of my daily calorie budget. So sometimes I'll say to myself "hm, this meal is going to be about 75% of your daily calorie budget so you're going to be starving coming 7pm and you'll only be able to have some hummous and veggies." Some days I'm like, "no, not worth it." Some days I'm like "FINE, I DON'T CARE, JUST GIMMIE THE DAMN ICE CREAM" and I put up with the hunger later on.
moon safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 225.4 / 202.4 / 150

Height: 5 ft. 2 in.

I will definitely end up eating Mexican food at some point. Chicken taco salad (hold the beans) with sour cream, cheese, guac, and lettuce.... is sorta like sex. Queso is like cheese crack. Endless chip baskets? If I venture here, I cannot eat for the rest of the day because 1. I feel ill, and 2. I used my calories for the WEEK. haha

I haven't been there since I've started my diet, which has only been a week but... I'd have already been there at least twice in that week in my past life. lol
k225to150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #43  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

I had 4 different kinds of dessert yesterday and 2 already today, EFFFFFFFFFFFFF
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote