Old 01-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #76  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

lianna- oh oh, i know that tone too. Thats why I dont talk to certain people about weight loss

annah- yeah you get a few fav brands of things and then you only have to check when you try new recipes or whatever. Until then though you just look like a neurotic loon

rainbow- i think i need a general anaesthetic for most dental work lol. I had a really good dentist at uni last year who let me do lots of deep breathing and didnt tell me too many details that would freak me out, but hes gone to dubai or something. Damn him. My new one isnt too bad but he hasnt faced the ultimate test of having to do any actual work on my teeth lol. I guess the one good thing about teeth is that things tend to happen slowly so we have time to come round to the idea of doing something about them!

Bunneh- I havent noticed any weight gain or spotting etc (unless i forget to take it and even then its hit or miss whether my body is like whee period time! or like, meh whatever). It really is a person choice though. My cramps were so bad I was ending up in A&E begging for muscle relaxants so balancing out the side effects with not taking them was a no brainer for me

kawaii- curse you! I thought my top ones would be ok but no of course not >.<

Well, going to log some calories and watch the girl with the dragon tattoo. Swedish is a hilarious language
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

KatVee- Awww boo! Is there at least "heated" yoga nearby? It's just as toasty, but the poses differ.

AshleyML2011-- Yoga is probably the least intimidating environment in my opinion. I regularly fall, (I sweat buckets in Bikram), people grunt/fart/turn red in the face, and fall some more. That's half the fun! Most teachers encourage positivity, a non-competitive attitude, and working at your own personal level. I say go for it!

Krampus-- Welcome back! We're all getting back into the swing of things..

Ashley89--**Sending positive thoughts your way**

Tomorrow night will be my "indulgence" of the week.... planning to eat a balanced, low calorie breakfast and do double workouts to offset the MeXiCan FoOd & MaRgArItAs I plan to consume... I will just keep repeating to myself "Stop when you're full, stop when you're full....."

I once saw a quote on someone's signature about how there's nothing you might eat today that chances are, you can't have tomorrow. Therefore, there is no reason for me to eat ALL of it.

I'm going to try and put this idea into practice. Easier said than done, I think...

Last edited by FatPantsSkinnyJeans; 01-06-2011 at 08:26 PM.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #78  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

So I haven't been here in well over a year. I have a pretty good reason. I had a baby last year! I got pregnant in January and my daughter was born October 7th

I'm finally in a place where I can begin to shed the baby weight (not to mention the holiday weight.....) and I remember this place being a big help to me in '08 when I was losing weight after the birth of my son, so here I am once more! I'm hoping I'll see a few familiar faces but I'm happy to meet new ones
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #79  
This is not a test.

welcome back! congrats on the baby! good luck!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Welcome back, leighish! Congrats on your little one
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #81  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Going on a 2 day trip! Junk food galore and nowhere to buy fresh veggies! Eh, it'll be fine.

rainbowstripe: I think she is just concerned, but when she gets concerned about her kids it's like a dog with a bone. She won't be mean or anything close, but I really don't want her to worry. I don't like being the cause of that. And yeah, skeletal is not exactly how I look; I'm still very padded (my body fat percentage is way high, actually).
Earlier I told her I recently broke into a normal weight category, and that I want to go lower to be in a safe range. I may have to emphasize my goal of health and downplay my vanity goals.

KawaiiCandie: I know, right? I've never, ever had small boobs. Not since I actually HAD boobs, that is. It's weird for me... but I think my shrinking boobs are actually a point of envy for some of my family members - sometimes big boobs aren't fun, like with buttoned shirts (when they fit everywhere else, there's a huge gap in the chest! lol!), and lots of swim suit tops. Nothing holds those girls in sometimes!

Iconised Ghost: Yeah, I'm thinking I can still talk to her about being smaller, but not about actually losing pounds.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:23 PM   #82  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

leighish Congrats on the baby!

LiannaKole DAMN GIRL look at you, you've lost as many pounds as I've gained since I've been away from the site. I think when your mom realizes you're not striving for anything unreasonable or unhealthy she'll back off. It's sweet when people worry in a strange way.

FPSJ Sounds delicious. Good for you for balancing out breakfast.

KawaiiCandie Nice work on the 76.1! School lunch is probably really salty.

TheBunneh When I go on the pill my appetite spikes and I crave sugar a little more than usual, but there's been no gain as a result.

rainbowstripe I feel totally unmotivated to exercise too, let's kick laziness to the curb!

Thanks for the well wishes everybody. Being back really really sucks and for some reason my appetite has disappeared. It won't kill me to take a day off of eating. For some reason I was so sad (probably still mixed up crushed romantic feelings toward my friend/missing him) last night that I wound up eating a bunch of chocolate that I'd bought as a souvenir for my coworkers. Motivation to exercise is low but I can feel stuff getting jiggly.

Sorry to be an Eeyore. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I got all of two hours of sleep and am a zombie.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

TheBunneh I get being scared, and it's totally fine - it's your body so you choose what goes in! As for gaining weight or having issues losing weight on the pill - I'd love to blame it for my significant gain in 2008, but I know that was entirely my fault...I wasn't trying to lose weight when I went on it either so I don't know - however since being on it, my attempts at weight loss have been successful so I don't think it's hindered that, at least in my case.

Kawaii I know, I know, I'm pathetic haha...but seriously, this has been the slowest shift EVER. I've made like.. 2 sales. It's dead. I guess that's ok. I think it's just that this 4 hours is the beginning of 26 hours every week at this job (which I know is still not all that much) and I dislike it. I am trying to find another job, but failing so far. I'll get over it. I kind of giggled at your school lunch comment - what does the lunch consist of? Do you really think it's that? I'm not doubting it, just curious as to what it is and how it could be making you lose slower - could be a mind thing heh. Congrats on your new low!

Icon My dentist is average. Too expensive as well. My boyfriend and his parents swear by this guy down in Quay street somewhere (or around that area) who does everything with lasers. LASERS. IN YOUR MOUTH. Hah. It sounded freaky to me, but apparently it's great. And he's also apparently done dentistry on Temuera Morrison, so he must be good (sense my sarcasm...). I hope I don't have to go to the dentist again any time soon, I spent way too much time there a few months back when I broke my tooth :/

FPSJ Stop when your full usually works for me UNLESS it's Mexican food. Mexican food is where I fail. I think I just love the combination of cheese and meats and salsa too too much. I wish you luck though!!

leighish Hi there and welcome back! Congrats on your baby!

Lianna My mum is a worrier as well, though with her she'll jump to conclusions about stuff rather than being genuinely worried. I think emphasizing health over vanity for her sake would be a good thing My mum recently basically assumed that because I was away at a popular beach vacation spot and it was New Years Eve, that I would be taking drugs...hah. I have to reassure her constantly about that kind of thing.

krampus I'm having issues kicking the laziness, and feeling pretty Eeyore-ish myself. I hope you get some good sleep and feel better soon - post-holiday blues are tough enough, but adding crushed feelings into that mix is hard as well.

~LONGEST 4 HOURS EVER. Sorry, I know, people work full time and are used to it and I am complaining over seriously nothing, but I'm really good at complaining. Actually that is something I want to work on this year - complaining less.
On a fun note, I've decided to transform from a pup (my boyfriend calls me a pup because I act like a puppy and like puppies a lot) to a red panda cub - I figure my hair is close to the colour of a red panda and I think they hibernate - which is basically what I feel like doing. So I'm going to be a hibernating red panda cub. Yes, I am aware I sound crazy and am blathering on - I think the heat and weird feelings about life are slowly but surely driving me insane.
I also decided today I was going to try not to buy any new clothes for the whole of this month. I'm not sure how well that will go though...I get sick of my clothes SO regularly.

Yup, so after all that, I feel crazier. 30 minutes of work left. For once I'm really excited to be going home to my parents on a Friday night, whereas usually I would be hoping for something fun to do with friends.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Hey ladies! Been busy today but it seems like I have a lot of catching up to do so I will probably just start personals in the morning lol..

I had an awesome workout today (granit) it was on 25 minutes but i sweat my butt off! So heres hoping to a lower number in the morning! I'll talk to yall later!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #85  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone...
I'm back and glad to see that I still see some people that were here when I used to be very active...almost addicted to 3FC actually...

I just checked and the last post I made was back in June of 2009.
I lost almost 30 something pounds back then but now I've gained it all back and the eating habit is not good either. At least I'm not going for easy fast food yet...
I just moved in August from Michigan to Florida...and gained a lot more...I broke my scale during the move and then didn't want to buy one because I thought I would be depressed when I see how much I weigh.
My bf and I went on a cruise for Christmas and it was actually kind of unexpected vacation: no time to get ready for cruise. I saw my pictures, especially the formal night picture and I was so mad and disappointed with myself.
So.... now with new year. I went and got myself a scale. I started working out this Tuesday. Today is day 3 and I am back here. I am feeling that great pain of "oh-yeah-the-work-out-is-working!" on my legs and butt..
Another great motivation is my co-worker/friend is going on cruise in October for her 50th birthday and she was doing it as a group. My bf and I decided to join them. So now there are two ladies and me at work cheering each other and eating healthy lunch and so on... for the next 9 months!

Well, I just wanted to say hi... and "announce to the world" that I'm back on the wagon!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #86  

JL Yay for the good work out!

taragettingthin Hello and welcome back! Wishing you the best of luck and motivation to get going again!

~10 minutes left at work. Thinking of renting Toy Story 3, I really want to see it. I AM A CHILD.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #87  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Rainbow Thank you! I heard it'll make you cry... I have many friends who watched it with their kids and cried...I haven't seen it yet either.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #88  

taragettingthin I've heard the same thing, plus I just really love animated films, have done forever. Didn't hire it...considering seeing if I can "hire" it through our Sky TV system (kind of like cable I guess...)

~Need to work on not eating fries so often haha. I know I can fit them into my calories, and I think that is my problem - just because they fit in doesn't mean I should be eating them! Especially not when I just ate pizza as well :/ Hah. The thing that makes me kind of boggle my head is that I ate a snack size (ie good individual portion, maybe a little bigger) pizza AND some fries and I'm still under my daily calorie limit. I should be happy, but I feel weird about it. Need to eat more veges. My pizza was pretty healthy though..wholewheat base, spinach, onions, feta, olives.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:52 AM   #89  
This is not a test.

toy story 3 is pretty good but didnt make me cry. then again, not many movies do (i just dont get how people cry about characters they've known for less than 2 hours lol but maybe I am just heartless). The only movie that made me cry was Up :')
Old 01-07-2011, 02:21 AM   #90  

Icon I totally cried in Up as well, multiple times. I cried in the most recent Harry Potter film too. Actually I'm pretty good at tearing up while watching movies. Eep.