Old 01-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

first of all, thank you all for the virtual hugs!

rainbow, true, i wanted that closure. wasn't happy when i got it, but i guess now i can definitely say that he's my EX and i was dumped, haha. it was all so vague before... oh, i'm a terrible nail-biter too! which is why i get acrylics, it makes my hands look so girly and pretty... are you still on holiday?! lucky! don't beat yourself up for 1800 calories though! and drinks and olives are fine... but yeah, maybe cookies arent the best emergency snack, eheh.

icon, i sleep with my phone on in case of an emergency... i guess it's kinda stupid. and cuz i'm still a bit jetlagged, i instantly woke up when i heard it ring at 5am. i was kinda cranky about it too cuz i had taken the morning off and could actually get up later!! oh well... that dinner sounds nice! is chicken pie the same as chicken pot pie? cuz i love that!! i so miss it from home sometimes... oh, and i just started reading that book!!

annah and ashley, welcome! what diet are you both doing?

JL, oh booh headache! i hope you feel better! but yay on reaching 159! that's so awesome!!

Linds, yeah, thanks. i think you're right. on all accounts. plus staying with him would have totally hindered my plans to move to tokyo cuz he lives way far in the opposite direction... stilll... *sigh* the funny part is that i dumped someone else for him (didn't wait two months though...) and now he's dumping me for someone else. i just hope she continues the cycle and dumps him!!!!

so i'm doing better today, just kinda not thinking about it, and i didn't cry myself to sleep last night, which is a good start, i think. in fact, i slept the whole night through (which never happens, i always wake up several times) and coulda slept more when my alarm rang! my weight was at 76.2 this morning, and it's my first time seeing that. which means it's my first actual weightloss since before the holidays. lol. it's so weird, everyday this week i just kinda kept staring at the scale dumbfounded cuz it just said a lower number each day. that never happened before! and i haven't been eating all that well either... granted, i haven't been eating much, but i've been eating pasta and pancakes and not very many vegetables, haha... oh well!

today is the official start of school, although there are no classes until tomorrow. we just spent half an hour freezing in the gym listening to boring speeches and then i did my duty as the school mascot and just waved to everybody as they left. seriously, that is my job as the foreign, blonde teacher in the school. not teaching english. hope y'all have a good thursday
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #47  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Bah. I am SO tired and SO ravenous tonight. I don't know what's up. I was okay earlier today, maybe a little hungrier than normal, then I got most of the way through my workout and suddenly had zero energy and felt like I could devour my entire kitchen. I'm restraining myself but it's a struggle.

I think my hormones are out of whack this month. Last week I thought my TOM had come two weeks early because I had PMS symptoms (cramps, extreme hunger, fatigue, lack of concentration, mood swings, etc) for a few days and then light bleeding for three days. Now a week from when my TOM is supposed to come I'm having the symptoms again and what looks like the start of more bleeding. I've never had this happen. Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm too tired for personals tonight. I think I'm just going to eat dinner (that I've roped my husband into cooking) and then go to sleep. Even if it will only be 7pm.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #48  
My boys are my world <3

S/C/G: SW 187.4 / CW 136.5 / GW 121.3

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone,

Im Bec, 24 and im new here! Started my weightloss journey 10 months ago when my second son was born and have so far lost 23.1kgs (50.93lbs) I put on so much weight in both of my pregnancies and they were close together too, only 10.5 months between my boys.

So anyways I put on 2.4kgs over christmas and have since lost 2.2kgs and am down to 61.9kgs (136.5lbs), just 6.9kgs to go!

Look forward to chatting with you all
Becki86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #49  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

The BunnehOMG! Your complaints sound like my life! Are you on birth control? I had to switch between 4 birth controls and each one after a few months I would have the same symptoms you described, so far this one is good but it's only been 4 months! If you're not on birth control the weight loss can easily effect this! I know when I used to swim the start of the season and the heavy workouts would always send my periods into whack.

Kawaii Ex's seriously cause the most drama. Since mine broke up with me in May I have yet to talk to him when he's not stoned or drunk and yet somehow despite his complete lameness there are days when I miss the year and a half we spent together! Focus on you though that's the best advice I can give, and I'm not even doing that so well!!

Kawaii Don't even worry about the high calories! Just keep trucking if you think about it too much it will drag you down more days!!

Lianna You turned down fries? You may be my idol!!

Anyway guys, so far two good days. Well, today was good in a totally accidental way. I ate a really sugary breakfast on my way to babysit and then didn't have time to eat till almost 4 when I was so angry that I wasn't hungry just shaking so forced myself to some yogurt. Now, I really need to eat something!! It was ugly I was driving to and from work to pick up something and I knew I shouldn't have been driving because my body was so out of it since I hadn't eaten enough and I react badly to sugar if I don't eat other things to absorb it!

At least I got home safely and didn't harm myself or anyone! Now I need to eat and rest and make sure I keep snacks in my purse so that I can eat something none sugary before I get to that point!
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #50  

bunneh, this has happened to me a few months ago... i dunno if it's related with dieting, or stress, or what, but you just gotta tough it through! in the end, my cycle (and pms) got back to normal. hang in there!

mybigwish, hope you managed to get a decent dinner in there! i know that if i don't eat well during the day, when it's time to eat supper, i just can't control myself!

ah man, so bored right now. still haven't found a minute to talk to my teachers about what we are doing tomorrow (they are all busy, even though i am not) and i am STARVING... isn't it lunchtime yet? they make lunchtime so late in this stupid school, and snacking is frowned upon. meh.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Kawaii I once had acrylics and bit those off :/ Hah. Not so clever. Still on holiday until 1.30pm tomorrow, then a four hour shift, then Saturday off then my usual Sunday, Monday & Tuesday full days at work. It's just way harder going back at all after nearly 2 weeks off. Glad to hear your weight is being good! Now I want pancakes...oh man. Hope being back at school is ok!

TheBunneh I hope you feel a bit better soon, period woes are never fun to deal with - I haven't had experiences like you're describing, though I am on the pill so things are pretty regular.

becki Hey there and welcome!

mybigwish At least now you know for the future! Sugar can do scary things sometimes.

~Doing really well with eating today, but exercise..well..bleh. I dunno. It is SO FREAKING HOT in my house and just as bad outside. Gross gross gross. I also had to take my mum to the doctor - turns out she possibly has shingles, which is like..adult chicken pox. It's really bad if untreated so it's good she got it early. I'm going to make dinner for her and my dad tonight and then head back to my boyfriends (where he isn't...) to sleep there.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #52  
My boys are my world <3

S/C/G: SW 187.4 / CW 136.5 / GW 121.3

Height: 5'1"

Mybigwish - Eeeek hope you had something to eat, not good hey has happened to me a few times I just have to have something sugary so I dont pass out!

KawaiiCandie - Hello Whattt how come snacking is frowned upon? That is so silly.

Rainbowstripe - Thanks for the welcome Glad eating is going well for you, sometimes it is hard to find the motivation to exercise! Was really hot here yesterday but storming really badly at the moment. Oh no hope your Mum gets better soon x
Becki86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #53  
Always Wishing!

Girls all is well! There are these little cheese cube snack packs that I love so I had two of those with some fruit juice to get plenty of calcium and a little bit of sugar to balance me back out.

Now, it's already 8 o'clock and I don't wanna over eat so I'm drinking an organic chocolate milk that's basically a protein mixture, I figure it'll balance my body back out without sending me to bed over full!! It put me right at my points for the day, but I'm allowed fruit later.

KawaiiThey don't want the teachers snacking? I mean I get the kids maybe, but you should be allowed at least between classes or during breaks!!!

Rainbow Is your boyfriends house closer to your parents. I always loved staying at my own place over my most recent boyfriends it just felt better!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:55 PM   #54  

mybigwish Now you have me craving cheese. Hah. My boyfriend's house is about a 15-20 minute drive from my parents place, but his house is also only a 2 minute drive to my work, hence why I stay there even if he's away. It's a much better improvement distance-wise on my ex haha - his house was 45 minutes drive!!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hellooooo 20-somethings!
I've been posting over on the Calorie Counter's V-Day challenge, trying llike crazy to get back on track.

So far, so good... been eating on plan and exercising since the 2nd. Hoping to make it the entire week eating clean foods and staying hydrated!

Also, loving the Bikram Yoga... I have never sweat so much in my life, and it leaves me pleasantly sore and calm. Excellent addition to the repertoire. Now I just have to make myself continue running in addition.

Having lots of life stress lately, which thus causes me to want to comfort-eat... I'm pretty sure I'll be moving in a few months, hoping to have a new job soon (fingers crossed, application pending), and training for my first 8k in April... woof.

I'm trying to get used to a.) stopping and thinking before I eat-- is it emotional or true hunger?
and b.) getting comfortable with feeling actual HUNGER and not immediately eating. Basic, yet very hard for me.

Weighing in tomorrow morning, will report back, good news or bad. Must stay accountable!

Personals:

mybigwish
-- How are you liking the new points system?

Kawaii-- Welcome back, and congrats on the maintenance! As for the boy stuff.... I've decided they are just a silly waste of energy sometimes. Focus on you, your friends, and your health... let him sort through his bad decisions all on his own.

Rainbow
-- How good of you, taking care of your momma...just be sure to stay well yourself, we need you here! Hahaha Don't fret too much about the high calorie days, you're back on track. Be nice to yourself PS_ SO jealous of the heat, it's about... 25 degrees F here?!

TheBunneh-- Are you on the pill/BC? Please forgive me.. but those are all also symptoms of.... the P word!

Becki
-- Welcome Post away!

Lianna--I don't think I have every said no to a cheese-anything or a fried anything in my entire life... In my opinion, you are a superhero.

Abbyew --Hope all is well, hang in there!

Annah and Ashley -- Welcome, and post away! This is the place to blab, share your plans, and recharge

JL Nichols-- Yayyy, hope you have even more progress tomorrow! Way to go

Iconised-- That looks ah-mazing. And now I'm kinda hungry. hahahaha Such is life! Does his book list calorie counts?

LindsB- I'm right there with you in regards to the post-holiday sodium/weight gain/yuckiness. Hang in there. We can do this.

Off to finish laundry and cleaning, then time for bed.

Checking in tomorrow morning!
FPSJ
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:27 AM   #56  

FPSJ Welcome back again! I've heard good things about Bikram but I freak out. I've never done yoga at all, and I really dislike excessive heat, so exercising in excessive heat just seems like craziness - but go you for enjoying it! Hope some of the stress in your life eases off! Don't be jealous of the heat haha, the humidity makes it disgusting.

~Dinner dinner dinnerrrrrrrr time I am SO hungry, it's ridiculous. Going to have some kumara oven fries (kumara is like sweet potato), some delicious looking eye fillet steak and hopefully some other vegetables. SUPER HUNGRY. Need to stop eating fries though, even if they are healthier versions, I've had them every day this week :/
I just had a hunt around on a couple of job websites and didn't even find anything I could apply for I am freaking out about the fact that my boyfriend and I are meant to be moving somewhere in March and I don't earn enough currently to pay rent & bills & food & actually have any resemblance of a life...so I need to do something about my employment situation. I guess the only good thing is that we can't move anywhere til he finishes his thesis and finds a job, so I guess that could be a long while...
Old 01-06-2011, 01:17 AM   #57  

about the snacking, i live in japan and people in japan are weird. that should be what you think whenever i mention something that makes no sense. lol. it's because the kids aren't allowed, and since they are constantly coming in and out of the staffroom, if they saw teachers eating, it would be "unfair". i suppose i could just "gaijin smash" it (use the excuse that i'm a dumb foreigner to ignore a japanese rule), but meh. i used to bring cookies to school and keep them in my desk and i would sneak one in when there was no one around at like 11am, but i've yet to replenish my stock i eat breakfast at 6am, and then we have lunch at 12:30. that is a REALLY long wait....

rainbow, i can't believe you bit off the acrylics!!!! i used to bite them (not OFF though) when i would get plain french manis back home, but since getting them so blingy and crazy in japan i dont cuz it would ruin the artwork

FPSJ, good for getting back on the wagon! i have yet to start exercising again, but i'll cheer you on! i do think this website keeps us incredibly accountable. so strange. and the boy stuff... yeah. if i could only stay away from them!!
Old 01-06-2011, 06:56 AM   #58  
Always Wishing!

Girls I'm a nervous wreck!!

This is the second night in a row I've woken up between 2 and 3 am only to be awake till at least 4! I am usually the best sleeper ever, I mean I can sleep regardless of how much sleep I've gotten and I can sleep anywhere. But I'm thinking I might be having issues because I'm so close to my score release!

The test was December 11th which was a week later then any Dec test has been given, most scores in the past have been sent out around the 28th, which puts us today...almost a week past the 28th with still a blank in the score section. The date they gave us is 1/10 but they have always been early.

I am aware there's nothing I can do but my guess is that is why I keep waking up! I can't even force myself to write my personal statements (which would make my applications ready) because I feel like I want my score so I know where I have a real chance of getting into!

Okay, completely un-weight related rant over!
Old 01-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Weight this morning: 123.8!

Yaaaay, back to pre-holiday weight. Ready to keep going

Plan for today: Running, annoying day-off crap like laundry/landlord stuff, Yoga in the evening. Lots of water, plenty of veggies, and staying positive!

Rainbow--Yeeaaa, you'd probably dislike the hotness. I myself prefer to be chilly over being outright hot, but the combination with the stretching just makes you feel SO good, and limber too. I'm doing their introductory special ($30 for 30 unlimited days) and trying to squeeze in as many classes as I can to jump start me this month.

Kawaii-- Thanks! I'm gonna keep on posting... and btw, I could never wait from 6am to 12:30 pm to eat. I feel like I'd be majorly cranky!

mybigwish-- Oooo the suspense is the worst Hang in there, and try not to let it paralyze you. Is there a human you can call to see if there's a glitch in the system?

Have a great day all,
FPSJ
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:40 AM   #60  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone!

I have just gotten back home after 10 days of running amok in Germany. I ate to match my friend who is one of those horrible stick-thin people who eats an entire loaf of bread for breakfast every day. The food was so good and I have literally hundreds of photos of food. I actually felt extreme feelings of romantic attraction toward my eats-a-lot friend because he just goes on and on about food and loves it and told me he loves how I enjoy food. Balance, where is it?!?!

No idea what my actual weight is, but when I got home (it's 11:37 pm here and I have been traveling for about 27 hours) I weighed about 59.0 kg. I am surprised I didn't gain more. Back on track when I wake up. It was fun being on vacation from life and dieting but it's time to get back into my groove and be healthy.

Big hugs and happy new year greetings to everyone!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote