Old 01-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #31  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Victory today! The people I'm staying with right now were making these delicious burgers for dinner. The burgers were regular beef with a lot of salt and cheese and stuff. Also, fries that were actually fried in oil.

I managed to politely refuse any and all burgers and fries, and then had the strength to be around them after everyone else ate so that I could make my own dinner! (Some 170 calorie pasta with garlic, crab meat, and veggies).

I'm really happy because I've been getting BAD cravings for junk recently. Now I just have to survive another 2 day trip during which there will only be junk food available... Ah well, that's life.
KawaiiCandie: That's awesome that you look like you lost more! People would say to me, "Wow, you lost like 20 lbs?" And I'm like, "Um, well, 60 actually..." I'm hoping it's because I just didn't look so fat back then (ha, right).
Oh, and for migraines (I get them too), have you tried Excedrine Migraine medicine? Knocks them right out.

MiZTaCCen: That's so great that the new year has kind of left the old heartaches behind.

Abbyew: Your dog is so cute! And congrats on being back on plan!

mybigwish: Yay, you're back again! So long as you keep coming back, that's what matters!

dissonance: Welcome, welcome! And good luck on making your 6 month goal!

Last edited by LiannaKole; 01-04-2011 at 08:35 PM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:40 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Icon Overcast? Are you sure you live in the same city as me :P I just spent 3 hours wandering around the zoo complaining about the heat to my boyfriend haha.

Back on track calories wise, though no exercise as such today - though I think 3 hours of walking around the zoo in the hot hot sun is probably pretty good exercise. I'm now drinking iced water and wishing it wasn't so hot. Considering a nap... dreading going back to work on Friday. Even though I only work part-time, I just REALLY don't feel like it.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Well no personals tonight...I'm exhausted---I hope everyone had a wonderful Tuesday/Wednesday..
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:52 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

so, before i get to personals, i have to share that something pretty bad happened today. remember my boyfriend who just fell off the face of the earth like 2 months ago? well, he mailed me this morning. at 5am might i add. of course, i couldn't resist the impulse to reply, and then he told me that he wanted to appologize to me, for not contacting me for so long, for making me worry, and for... officially dumping me because he had met somebody else. charming. exactly the kind of news i needed to continue the AMAZING new year i've been having so far (and yes, that was heavy with sarcasm). i just broke down and spent like a good part of the morning crying. i know he doesn't deserve it, but what can you do. it was lucky that i had already requested the morning off work to go to the bank, and my friend was gonna come and help me do it, so we had a looong girly chat and *****-session about life and i feel a bit better. things still suck though. i just feel like everyone is in this "yay, new year! fresh start!" mood and all these ****ty things keep happening to me and i just wanna punch their cheerful faces in... aaah sorry. well anyways. i just need a hug really.

on the upside, i always lose my appetite when i'm heartbroken so... fingers crossed. haha. scale said 76.6 this morning. we'll see about tomorrow. i did unpack all my crap last night (man, that was a pain) but i still don't think i'm gonna start working out tonight. i got all this new workout gear too. meh. will get to it soon enough though.

rainbow, i thought you didn't do manicures?! haha, and omg... dr.pepper!!! it's pretty hard to get here too. now i really want one!!!

abby, my blog is about... well... i'm not sure i should say on here or you people might not like me anymore!! lol. it's a "secret" blog about my love/sex life in japan... one of my good friends forced me to start it because she thought my life was too entertaining not to share... (also she keeps going out about how it's gonna be made into a book and a movie. lol) if you wanna read it, i can mail you the link. (anyone else too, pm me) i don't update it too often though... unless entertaining stuff happens. i don't think i've written anything on my diet blog in months though.. SO lazy, haha....

dissonance, yeah, i used to do a lot of "all or nothing" thinking and then when i slipped up i would go on binges that would last 2-3 days. not cool. but it's been better recently. or at least, since i joined this site! haha... i wonder if it's related...

Lianna, that's really great! sometimes, the lure of fast food can be even worse than chocolate, haha. i don't think excederin would work... i tried it a few years ago and it acted just about as well as advil or motrin, which is to say, not much, haha. it's better today thankfully (and ironically)
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:20 AM   #35  

Kawaii Sorry to hear about the email from the silly man. Silly silly man. I am not all "new starts fun times" but it still sucks when something like that happens - I guess now you can definitely move on though! I think it's a good thing to have that closure, even if it does hurt. Now focus on you and making new friends and making this year great (oh yeah, I am too cliched sometimes). As for the manicures - I usually don't do them because I am a terrible nail biter but for some miraculous reason I got my nails all to a fairly decent length between mid-December and now so I thought I better get them done before I bit them all off - nothing fancy, just filed and painted jade green, but I think not biting my nails is a good thing as usually it's stress-induced.

~Going out for drinks soon with my boyfriend and a friend - not planning on drinking any more than one drink, if that, can't really cope with the calories after my meal at the zoo today - I ate a slice of pizza and fries. Hah. Amazing choice! Luckily I think we're having grilled chicken and something else for dinner, so should be ok calories-wise.
I'm feeling kind of down about having to go back to work on Friday. Also about the fact my boyfriend is going away tomorrow for another fun sunshiny beach holiday for 3 nights, and I can't go because of work. Bleh. I got really grumpy about it last night because he was only meant to be going for Sat night and is now leaving tomorrow. I want him to have fun and stuff, but sometimes I get all selfish feeling and stuff. I guess it doesn't help that my other closest friend is my sister and she just left for America...so when I'm not at work, I'll probably be hanging out with my parents. Oh man, I need to find new friends so so badly.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:56 AM   #36  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Liana- well done thats really awesome! It really takes guts to say no to things people have already prepared for you, and effort to make something else yourself!

rainbow- well it was overcast at noon, but i had to work by the time it cleared, 3-8pm u_u come on, sunny thursday. It was hot though! Jeez louise. 3 hours of walking in the zoo totally counts as exercise. My legs always ache after being at the zoo! I feel you on the grumpyness and not wanting towork and wanting to go on sunny vacations and have a long uni holiday and radda radda ra etc etc. We just gotta suck it up i guess.

kawaii- That sucks (why were you checking your mail at 5am?) I guess at least now you know what happened to him and it can be fully laid to rest. Hopefully you are getting all the crappyness out of the way for 2011 and now things will start to pick up

My day was pretty good. Did an extra hour work and got time and half for it which was pretty awesome, and my jamie oliver dinner turned out awesome. Now just gotta add up the calories for it and see what the damage is. I dont think itll be too bad.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:03 AM   #37  

Icon What was the Jamie Oliver recipe you made? My brain is craving food food food, I just want to read recipes, it's ridiculous. Attempting to suck up the grumpyness but so far failing. Trying to think of fun things I can do while I'm not at work to make the most of it - but also failing there. Oh man. I'm considering going to the movies alone tomorrow, seriously everyone I would usually go with is out of town!

~Oh man...so I'm about to go to bed and I feel like I need to just keep myself accountable by telling you guys - I just had an 1800 calorie day That is my upper limit for a "cheat day" kind of thing, which I usually reserve for the weekends. I had 3 drinks, all of them were doubles. I should have asked for singles, but I always forget. Then I was hungry so I ordered olives. They brought a plate out of 6 HUGE olives. I ate them all. And then I was still peckish so I got out my emergency snack pack of cookies from my bag. So so silly, I need to stop keeping snacks in my bag haha. Cookies are definitely not "emergency snack food"!!

Urgh. All I can do now is go to bed and try harder tomorrow. There won't be alcohol and I will be in more control. I have to be. I just wish I wasn't still so hungry right now!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #38  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

KawaiiCandie
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #39  

Sorry this is going to be short... no personals today ... Had some things come up with family this morning, so I wont be on for a couple of days. I am still going strong diet wise this morning, which makes me super happy. Didn't get to the gym because of the family thing and I don't know if I will be able to make it tomorrow either.

Life is short and you don't get second chances. Make what you want out of this one and don't look back!
Abbyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I have been on my diet and have been working out since December 27th. I cannot wait to start seeing results lol!

I've been going to the gym 5 days a week minimum, and trying to add more each day. Yesterday I slacked off pretty badly though. Only did 30 minutes on the elliptical then went home and fell asleep (on the couch nontheless) at 9 pm (WAAAAY early for me). I'm considering that as my "day off". I feel awake and energized today, so I'm sure today's workout will be much better.

I ordered a new workout video that came in yesterday too. It's called Weight Loss Cardio Kick. Has anyone here tried this? Do you like it? I am excited to add this to my routine.

Hope everyone has a great day!
annah788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5'4"

I, too, am new here and was hoping to join your thread.

Years ago I lost 35 lbs through diet, exercise, and joining an online weight loss community. I attributed the community to helping with the emotional and mentally draining aspect of weight loss. The sad part is I gained 15 lbs in 4 months recently, even though I the whole time I was thinking I wanted to lose. It's funny because I would kill to be where I was 15 lbs ago even though I thought I was much too big. It really all seems so silly.

So I am eager to get my journey started and I look forward to hearing about all of yours.

Ashley
AshleyML2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Lianna: Congrats on refusing the burger and fries! I bet you felt 10x better after eating your meal then you would have if you had ate the burger & fries.
Rainbow: Walking in the heat? That deff. counts as exercise! Also sorry about your 1800 calorie day..maybe all the walking evened it out!
Kawaii: I'm sorry about your sucky new years start but I hope it starts getting better. The girly *****-sessions always help out! On the plus note, YAY for the new workout gear!
Welcome annah and Ashley !

So I have been freezing this morning with a headache...I hope that I'm not coming down with something! *Fingers crossed* that it passes quickly if so. Calories have been good today...still have to workout. I'm a nervous wreck about how I'm going to juggle working out, homework, keeping up with the kids and houseework. I'm sure I'll manage. This morning I hit an ALL time low..159.8! I'm not switching to the 150's until I know for a fact it's not a fluke. I hope everyone has had a great day!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Kawaii- that guy deserves a punch in the manmeat! Try to look at it as the universe/God's way of telling you that this guy totally sucks and your 2011 is going to be SO much better without him. Maybe there was a tiny part of you still holding on to him and this is just the thing you needed to totally let go. Plus you have to let go of him for someone even better to come sweep you off your feet! Xoxo
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #44  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Rainbow- it was a chicken pie with carrot smash and french style peas. And it was great. Took me a bit more than 30 mins because I didnt use a food processor and just chopped things by hand but it was very tasty and easy to make and totally one for my book of favs! It looked like this: (dont know how big that'll be, i'll edit it soon lol) Dont worry about the super hungry day. I have days where I could eat everything in sight, including the kitchen sink, and days where I can survive on just a small water cracker or something and be perfectly happy. Maybe we just have those days sometimes? At least you were within a cheat days limits

Abby: :Hug: hope the family stuff is going ok for you

annah- welcome! Ive never heard of weight loss cardio kick but its always exciting to add something new to your schedule!

Ashley- welcome too! Well done on making the decision to get back on track and actually doing that! 15 pounds will come back off faster than you expect I think You did it once, you can do it again!

Today its overcast So its cleaning and misc chores for me, then I might see if my sister wants to watch the girl with a dragon tattoo movie with me. Im not allowed to watch it with my boyfriend because he hasnt read the book yet
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #45  

Abbyew Hope things are ok.

annah and Ashley - Welcome!

JL I hope it evened it out too haha...but I'm still on the same weight so I'm ok. Congrats on the 150's - here's to hoping it sticks and more!

Icon Oh wow the pie looks great! I don't love peas, but the pie and the carrot smash look gooooooood. Yeah I can't believe how hungry I was yesterday. Unfortunately today isn't feeling any better so far, but I'm trying to pace myself... this weather is really not that fun huh!

~So the humidity today is coupled with some overcast-ness (yes I know that's not a word) and some light rain. My boyfriend is off for a long weekend and basically no one else is around so I've come to my parents house for the day. Luckily for me (not so luckily for her) my mum has an eye infection/bad headache so is at home rather than work and can keep me company. I feel very needy at the moment, I hate being alone. I hate that I hate it, but I dunno...I'm just feeling really vulnerable emotionally for some reason. Can't figure it out.
I feel like hibernating with my cat for a few weeks. Just escaping life.