Old 01-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #91  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Pixar movies usually make me cry at some point. The only exceptions so far are The Incredibles and A Bug's Life. but, I'm a big sentimental sap. I freely admit it will take me 50 years to NOT cry when watching the opening sequence of Up.

But I may never not cry at Steel Magnolias, for example.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #92  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

leighish Hey you, I see you are still on here.. Yay. I am back...and I do see some people that were here when I was here before...

So although I was going to wait till Monday to weigh, I did this morning. The first week. Wanted to see how I'm doing and I am losing. 1.8 lb down from this Monday. I started actually doing the eating part real good yesterday. I'm happy it's going somewhere... down It sure is a great motivation.

Well, hope everyone has a great day!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5'9

Icon and Rainbow I cried in UP also. I cry everytime I see it lol. I'm a Pixar fanatic! Love almost all of them...Happy Feet is my favorite though .

Target Welcome back. I'm new here so I look forward to getting to know you.

Happy Friday ladies! I hope everyone has had a great morning so far!

I joined a 30 day challenge on here a few days ago and that seems to be going well. Another hour and forty five at the gym last night and feeling pretty good this morning. I was WAY under on calories yesterday (890 for the day) oops. But I wasn't hungry, so I guess it'll be ok.
annah788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

rainbow-- A friend of mine was talking about crying at Toy Story 3 the other day, don't feel bad. I hear it's a tear-jerker.

taragettingthin-- Yaaaaay! Great job staying on plan, hope the scale keeps going down for ya!

Still 123.8 this morning! In prep for my "night out" tonight, did 2 workouts yesterday, will be eating VERY light this morning, and doing a Bikram class this afternoon.

In other news, I think I just discovered my new exercise music... type in the name of a Janelle Monae song "Tightrope" on Pandora.... it's perky and fun!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #95  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

On the topic of crying during pixar movies, have you guys seen How to Train Your Dragon? I know this isn't a pixar film, but close enough. I started sobbing during this movie. And it got so bad my husband had to pause it. He tried asking me what was wrong and I just kept going on about the sweet dragon and how they wanted to kill it.

I'm pretty sure I was just about to start my TOM. (And it probably didn't help that I'd recently gone on a Joss Whedon kick and he kills off almost all my favorite characters...) Now I can look back and think about how much of a crazy person I was that night. I also cried a lot during the movie Up. I think I just cry a lot in general.

-----------------------------

leighish I'm a new face, but welcome back nonetheless!

KawaiiCandie I hope your migraine gets better. I've never had them but my MIL gets them sometimes and I know it makes her absolutely miserable.

krampus Don't worry about being an Eeyore, it happens to all of us once in a while. I hope you feel better soon.

JLNichols07 Good job on the workout!

taragettingthin Glad you're back!
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 206/138.4/130

Eh, totally went off plan the last 2 days...fail. I hurt my knee and it seems the slightest deviation off plan sends me in the wrong way so badly. I didn't even want to admit it, but i feel doing so is important in an odd way...i mean this may just be the internet, but i also feel this can be a great support tool. Sorry for such a self-absorbed post, I'll read through the last couple pages to catch up on how you all are. I love how in 2 days i nearly gained what i took 6 days to lose, but I am not allowing that to cause any more backsliding. Need to re-eval the plan.
dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #97  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighish View Post
So I haven't been here in well over a year. I have a pretty good reason. I had a baby last year! I got pregnant in January and my daughter was born October 7th

I'm finally in a place where I can begin to shed the baby weight (not to mention the holiday weight.....) and I remember this place being a big help to me in '08 when I was losing weight after the birth of my son, so here I am once more! I'm hoping I'll see a few familiar faces but I'm happy to meet new ones
Hiya!
So how was the 12/31 junk food party? Unfortunately I still have some of those at home...but Josh is possibly moving to Tampa this weekend so I will ask him to throw away all the junk food when I'm not home so I don't have to see it being gone.
I'm glad to see you on here, I just got back on here last night.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Taraget: Welcome back and I'm sure you'll be back to normal-self in time! Congrats for being down 1.8 lbs!
Rainbow: I'm the exact same way. I have a bad habit of eating smartone's pizza and although I know I shouldn't be eating the pizza all the time I have a bad habit lol. I do stay within my calorie range though
TheBrunneh: I'm deff worse bout crying during sad shows and movies when TOM is due. I even cry watching my soap operas sometimes! LOL
Diss: Don't stress out it might just be water-weight and it'll just come right off!

WHOA. A lot of catching up that had to be done. Sorry if I respond to yours but I read everyones post! Last night was awesome I got a really good workout in w/ Cardiomax ..oh how I love my cardio---Woke up this morning and the scale ready 159.4 so that means I'm deff and 100% out of the 160s. Woo hoo! I'm so ready to see the 140's now lol. Isn't it funny how you get tired of being in a certain decade even if you just got there? lol. Excitingly I got most of my housework done yesterday so I dont have much to do today...tomorrow is grocery-store day which means getting us some food in this house! Other then that my weekend will probably go by FAST since I start school Monday! BLAH But I'll talk to ya'll later. Everyone have a great day!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #99  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

Sorry for not being around much yesterday around 2:00 the rumor went out the scores were coming out momentarily and everything was crazy!

I finally got my score after about two hours of stomach aches and sweating like I was working out!

I'm happy with it! It's the exact score I predicted I'd get and falls into the 86th percentile which puts me right smack in the middle for the acceptance band of most of the schools I'm looking at. Amazingly enough with all that stress I didn;t over eat YAY!!
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Congratulations mybigwish! Glad to hear your great news!
annah788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #101  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

mybigwish- congrats! it must be really great to finally know as well. Well done!

Ive had a kinda rough couple of days because ivebeen feeling down. Im not sure why, i think its the upcoming surgery and the fact that my holiday is over. Lame! And Im worried about next year and what its going to be like and how much time im going to have. Ive sent an email to my HOD so we'll see if I get a reply, and for now I'll try to schedule some me time into my days so I dont get overwhelmed by work or chores
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 206/138.4/130

mybigwish- Huge congrats!!!!

Iconised- I'm sorry your having a rough couple of days, I sure have been myself. And hey, your human-who isn't at least a bit let down when the holidays end!

JL- God i wish i was back in the 150's, jealous! That's where i got to and then i regained, boo. But really, congrats I know that's taken a lot of hard work and dedication. Is cardiomax a class? When i get over my pride (not this month) and go back to my old gym they have more classes to take, but i really miss having a really good gym, the places close to me leave much to be desired.
dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Yay! Mybigwish! That's so awesome! Congrats!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

taragettingthin Congrats on the loss so far!

annah I love Pixar too, but I love Studio Ghibli even more - I have a huge collection - though I actually can't think of whether I cry in those ones or not, they're not really sad - just really amazing animated films.

FPSJ Yay for the weight sticking!

TheBunneh I really want to see How To Train Your Dragon! I remember thinking the dragon looked so cute when I saw the trailer. Hah, don't worry about looking crazy with the crying - I went and saw this documentary on flamingos called The Crimson Wing - I cried and cried in that film and came out of the cinema with streaky makeup haha.

dissonance Good on you for admitting to us and yourself that you slipped up. It's ok though! Hang in there, you can do it!

JL Same, I mostly figure if I'm within my calories, it's ok - but I know I need to work on eating better foods more often as well! Well done with the good workout!

mybigwish Congrats on your score, hope you're feeling less stressed now you've got it!

Icon Sorry you're feeling down, same here. I think new years can always be stressful. I hope things work out the way you want them to, and that you manage to get in your me time!

~Yup yup, continuing to get my calories from not the best places. Today so far I've had a coffee, a light frappucino and a donut. OH WOW GO SARAH AMAZING FOOD. Hah. So stupid. I'm going to go for a walk soon - it's not really "real" exercise, but I want to rent Toy Story 3 (still, after talking about it for over a day) so instead of driving to the dvd rental store, I'm going to take my dad for a walk.
Should probably have an extra light lunch, not sure what is happening for dinner. Most likely I'll make myself a simple salad for lunch in a couple of hours if I get hungry.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

FPSJ, good luck with the Mexican food and margaritas! And that’s a good quote!

Leighish, welcome back!

Lianna, good luck and have fun on your trip! Just try to be good, and don’t worry too much oh, and I hear you on the big boobs being an issue… my less-endowed friends always roll their eyes at me when I complain, but it’s true! In fact, I was just about crying one time when I went shopping back home and I saw this super cute golden party top in a shop, and I tried it on and it was totally the right size for my body but I swear I couldn’t even get one boob in there! Lol. I was like “WHY don’t they ever think about big-breasted girls?!!! Why?! Why?!”

Krampus, aww… but you know you got a fetish for german boys, so… lol. getting back from vacation is always brutal… just need to get back into the swing of things!

Rainbow, aww, I thought you loved your job? Well, good luck searching for a new one if it’s what you want! Lol, well, the school lunch varies every day, but like krampus said, it might be cuz it’s really salty… there is often fried stuff in it too, but not always. I dunno, I just noticed a correlation of the times where I lose weight faster with the times when I don’t have to eat it… might just be coincidence though. I hear you on the complaining too much! I should work on that this year too… especially when I meet new people, and I’m hearing myself complain and I know I must sound annoying and I’m like “just… can’t… stop!” lol.

Targettingthin, welcome back! It seems like you’re off to a great start!

Toy story and crying at movies, I think I must be the only person in the world who never really got into Toy Story… and don’t get me wrong, I love cartoons, but that one just never did anything for me. Maybe it’s the graphics? I dunno… as for the crying, I do cry at movies, haha, not too often, but if it’s really sad or if someone is gonna be sacrificing something for the greater good or whatever, I’m always like “that’s not fair! Bwaaaaaaah!!!” lol. I’m a baby too

Bunneh, oh I also cry way more when I’m on PMS, lol!

Dissonance, no, you’re right, this really is a great place cuz it keeps you accountable! I had a really bad binge one time about two months ago, and I came on here and “confessed” it and then after I got right back on track! I think if this website hadn’t been here, I might’ve kept the bad eating going on for a few days, before eventually giving up, cuz it’s what I always did in the past. But I didn’t! good luck with you, try to get right back on the horse, and we’ll be here cheering for you

JL, I think you are officially this sub-forum’s little trooper! You’re just always on top! Lol. way to go on seeing the 150’s, man, I can’t even imagine! I hope I’ll be joining you there soon! Lol.

Mybigwish, congrats! That’s awesome. I’m really happy for you!

Well! Good morning all, it’s already Saturday here! Not quite sure what I’m gonna do with myself this weekend, seeing as I do have limited funds and it is a long weekend… but we’ll see. Last night another one of my exes called me in the middle of the night. Seriously. Wtf?! We broke up almost a year ago (in February) though, and the last time he tried to contact me was at the beginning of the summer or something. So weird.

Well anyways… I lost another pound! I am so stoked, and honestly confused, because the weight has just been steadily coming off since I came back, and I’m not even doing anything special, or exercising! I hope it keeps up! cuz then my goal of being 160 by V-day would be totally reachable!!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote