*^_^* See Ya 170's *^_^* - Page 5 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #61  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

178.4 today. Have to kick it up over the weekend!

Kriz + Jaimie - Keep it up girls! And Kriz, you'll be able to do this. Take it from me, gaining 10lbs does NOT come off as easily as it did the first time. It's twice as hard!
Old 12-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #62  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Barrister - I think you can totally do this 165 by NYE. It will require working out and just staying on plan! I am a firm believing in NOT trying to "shock" your body, it works for me at least. I just stay on plan and it goes down. Sometimes we get in these ruts but overall the weight keeps coming off.

If you are drinking anything besides water, STOP!! For the next 2 weeks do nothing but drink water and a lot of it! Cold water preferably as your body has to work to heat it up to body temperature and keeps your metabolism going!

Kay - I hope you feel better!

Mary - Let's kick it into gear this weekend!!! Thanks for your advice, I think that really is something I needed to hear. Gaining ten pounds won't be as easy the second time around. True indeed!!! Thanks for that!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #63  
Mary

Woo 177.5 today!

Kriz - I think the advice you gave is actually great advice for yourself for your bootcamp challenge! Be an angel on plan + mix up your workouts to trick your metabolism into working harder. Have you ever tried calorie cycling/zigzagging? That's what I do. The idea is that you eat a different amount of calories every day so that your metabolism doesn't get used to the calories, becoming more efficient at using them.

So for ex, Monday I'll eat 1400 + do 30 minutes of cardio, Tuesday is 1650 with spinning (HIIT training), Wednesday is 1500 with 40 minutes of cardio, Thursday is 1600 with spinning, Friday is 1340 as a rest day, Saturday is 1450 with 30 minutes of cardio, and Sunday is 1650 with spinning. Give it a try, it really works!
Old 12-18-2010, 10:27 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 318.9/ticker/165

Height: 6'

Old 12-18-2010, 10:30 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Feeling a little better today but the scale is still creeping up. 176.2 Also I don't know if this cold is really going away anytime soon. I am moving in the rain this weekend. No rest for me but rather cold wet heavy lifting!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #66  
Medifasting since 5/13/10

S/C/G: 235/???/135

Height: 5'4"

173.4 this morning after a day of total indulgence
Old 12-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #67  
Working it out!

Mary - Yayyyyy on the 177!!! Keep goin down girl!

Luckily boot camp has varied enough workouts and they are extremely intense for the full hour with only one break. I like that I can trust the trainer with creating workouts to make sure they are different and varied. It truly helps.

I don't really count calories. At least, I don't write them down. I may start though for the contest, I just figure if it's not broken, don't fix it...YET but I may have to start! I do LOOK at calories. Like I won't eat something that is over 600 cals for lunch, or 200 cals for breakfast or 600 for dinner. But overall, I mean that sometimes gets met high and sometimes it's on the low end and then I have snacks (bananas, oranges, nuts, apples) during the day and a 100 cal dessert pack after dinner. So I'm guessing for now I kinda am doing what you suggested with the zig zagging =)

Your guys' support helps SO much!!

I have lowered my Christmas goal weight to 175 as I weighed in this morning at 176.8 so I'm hoping I can get down to 175 by Christmas right along with you!!! We are on the right track definitely!!!! Let's keep it going. What great Christmas presents we are giving to ourselves!

Today I went Ice Skating with Santa. It's something I've always wanted to do (well the ice skating part) and just never had the guts to. I went and I had a ball. Going to try to go every weekend while the rink is open just for a bit of extra cardio and leg exercises on the weekend when I'm not in boot camp. Think I burned quite a few calories and my legs feel GREAT!

BTW, have I told you lately that you rock for staying in the 180's and REALLY breaking through the 170's?! You rock!

Last edited by Krizstyling; 12-18-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #68  
Mary

Kriz - I love ice skating! I wish it got cold enough around here for more ponds to completely freeze over. We go to the indoor rink and rent skates. I think me and the boyfriend are doing it later this week.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Ugh I have had a bad couple days....scale was at 178.8 today. Guess I better tighten the reins and get my rear in gear. I have not got back in the gym routine yet after being sick....Monday is time to get back in the ball game!

Mary and Kriz- Congrats on the 176/177- you guys are really not wasting any time getting through the 170's. Kriz, I totally wish I could do a bootcamp. They have one starting in January but I don't think it fits with my schedule. And its only 2 days a week. Maybe I can find one at some point. Mary, I am with you on the calorie switching. I don't count, but I know that it helps to vary what you take in. Starting Jan 1 I think I am going to count calories, so I might hit you up for your routine/caloric intake so I have something to model after.

Tomorrow is football day at our house, always a challenge for me. Those chili cheese nacho's just beg me to eat them! Hope I can control myself, lol!
Old 12-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hey everyone! I seems like you all are doing great, so congrats!

I, on the other hand, am not doing so well this week. I had a huge drop last week when I was sick, and have slowly climbed back up to 176.6 this morning. I'm sure the low number was a fluke, but it's still discouraging to see higher numbers on the scale. Christmas party treats contributed to that, I'm sure. I am going to try to refocus over the next few days, but I leave on Thursday to visit my parents for Christmas and that could spell disaster, eek!
Old 12-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #71  
Working it out!

Audri - One of the things that has helped me get through those tough times with family/friends is not to set myself up for failure. Have a few fail proof items on hand with you and don't worry so much! Just stay away from sweets. We CAN do it when you put our minds to it. Food is NOT who we are. We are totally stronger than an inanimate object!

Same goes for you and those Nacho's Jaimie! You are totally stronger than them, altho I know cheese is probably wooing your name right now..I constantly hear it wooing mine. =)

Weighed in this morning again at 176.8. I don't know why I'm doing this to myself. I need to stick to one day a week but I think I'm going to do it 3x a week during this season. Don't want to become too obsessed with it.

Also Jaimie - Monday is the start of a new week. Let us know how your exercise goes!!

Mary - Are there any skate joints that are inside you can go to? I've lived in my place for 5 freaking years and there has been an outdoor (well it has a roof over it) ice rink 2 blocks away and yet I never went. 3 bucks to skate too, not so bad! Good thing tho being I am not very good at it and will need a lot of practice.

IT's def a great work out and FUN!
Old 12-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #72  

178.4 today. Feeling better about that. Funny how a .4 loss makes me feel better. It's because its closer to 178 than 179, lol.

Hoping to see 175 by Saturday, which is going to take a miracle, but I plan on busting my rear at the gym this week. Thinking maybe 2 classes Mon- Thurs. And I am also going to watch the calories and stick to 1200-1500 a day. Hope to get there. That'd be the best Christmas present ever!

Kriz- I weigh myself daily...I always try not too, but, it just is an obsession when I am trying to lose. It helps me to stay on track because when the # goes up, I know that something I did the day before was naughty, lol. You just have to remember that sometimes a little salt or other small things will make you fluctuate. As long as the weekly weight you are recording is going down, which it is, you are doing great! And way to go on that 176!! Woot woot!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #73  
Mary

Jaimie - You better get your butt in gear!!!! That sounds like a good calorie range to drop 3 lbs for the week. Make sure you get lots of protein!

Kriz + Jaimie - I am fully behind calorie counting, it's not only good to know exactly what you're putting in versus what you're putting out, but you'll also be surprised once you write down everything and add it up. I didn't start losing for real until I started counting last summer.

Kriz - Yeah, we have an indoor place we go to. I'm a daily weigher, but I've gotten used to seeing daily fluctuations. The reason I'd rather weigh daily than weekly is because it really helps me stay on track for the day when I think about the number I see in the morning.

I'm still 177.5 today. My mom and I didn't eat anything before spin class besides fiber one bars and then we went food shopping for two hours! We made ourselves a small cheese platter with whole grain crackers and I had some greek yogurt with honey + blackberries (I buy the nonfat plain and add my own flavors) for brunch. Of course we bought some perfectly ripe avocados and my brother is making his famous guacamole.... be strong be strong be strong...
Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #74  
Working it out!

Jaimie - I agree with Mary, I think that is a great calorie range. Just keep thinking ahead until weigh-in day. You CAN do this girl, I truly believe in you. No miracle needed, just your perseverance and dedication.

Mary - Yum @ Guac. Be strong is right!

I think me weighing in everyday could be used for good, as you said it helps you during the day knowing you weigh-in the next morning. I'm just so scared I'll become obsessed with it. It's my personality =( But for now I may jump on the bandwagon! Just until the Holidays are over.

Can't wait to check in with you guys this week. Here's hoping we all get up and get out and go exercise this week! It is my final week of boot camp until the challenge begins in January so I KNOW I need to make SURE I go every day this week. I'll be watching this space to check in on you guys!!

My official weigh-in date is tomorrow so can't wait to change that dang ticker!
Old 12-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #75  

Let's just post our exercise on here, that way we stay accountable- hold me to it girls!! I am heading to the gym after work tomorrow, 2 classes! I am going to MT for Christmas, so I will be off the boards Fri-Sun. But, I am staying OP for the weekend, just not going to be working out. I guess my 'Christmas' weigh in won't actually happen till Monday morning, so that gives me the extra day to get to that beautiful 175!!

Kriz- Yes, weighing daily will drive you batty, but its better than slipping up and going OMG at your weigh in. That evil number keeps me in check. And you can still just record your weight once a week and use the daily number as an accountability reminder!

Audri and Kay- Glad to be in the 170's with you! Don't worry about the bad days, cause the good ones will make up for it. We are all going to get out of these evil 170's soon, and I am hoping we can all exit here together and make our way through the ranks! Skinny by summer!! We can do this!

Mary- I have some NLN protein, I am going to do a shake from BF every morning. That gets me 100% of my protein for the day and is super filling. Watch out for the guacomole!! Why does there have to be such evil things in the world. I wish those meal pills they took on the "Jetsons" were real, lol.

Skinnycow- Did you make those 160's today girl? You are oh so close!! Hope to make it over there with you soon!

Last edited by jaimie1980; 12-19-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Closed Thread