Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #136  
Medifasting since 5/13/10

S/C/G: 235/???/135

Height: 5'4"

172.8 today. I'm pretty happy with that since I weighed in 4 hours earlier than I usually do. I'm roadtripping back to Chicago all day, so hopefully I can stay on plan...driving and traveling always makes me hungry.

Great to see everyone nipping bad holiday habits in the bud!
Old 12-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #137  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Jaimie - YES, I'm also overweight this year, but I've been here for a year!!! Time to honestly kick it into gear and make my goals! 155 by my birthday at the end of March and then onto goal!!!

Kriz - Omg Five Guys is delicious, but totally killer. I bet you'll work that off in no time though, you are killing it girl!!! You can totally be Curly lol!

Barrister - Yay, congrats for busting that water weight!

------

Wooo, I played the dance game FOREVER yesterday (it's too much fun, I can't stop!!!) with friends and I glugged my water and even though we went out for sushi for dinner (I was good and got spicy tuna rolls instead of my usual eel) I'm down 2lbs today on the scale! Wooo! This totally motivates me to be an angel for NYE! We're going to set up the dance game and have regular dancing and I'm making a huge veggie platter. I'm not even going to drink that much

Here's to ringing in the New Year! I'm going to be pretty busy today and tomorrow so hopefully I'll have some time to check in on Saturday.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

I get to be Moe! That leaves Larry for Mary, and it fits so well!

Kriz, we just got a 5 Guys here. I have yet to try it, so I am sure it will be in my future at some point, lol. You will just drop another pound anyways silly girl.

Mary! 2 pounds?! Wowzers that dance game must really rock. We are remodeling our downstairs, and once we get it done I will be able to rock out something like that. I can't do much now at home cause we live in a 3 level townhouse and the neighbor is old and mean and she gets really mad when the floor shakes. Exercise is out of the pic for me (at home) unless its in the basement.

We are bracing for 15+ inches of snow in one swoop tomorrow, so I am guessing I will be stuck in the house for atleast till Monday am. Keeps mr from eating out, but it also keeps me from working out. Boo. Going to WW Monday night, kicking off the new year phase and going to follow it up with a gym trip. I start the nursing program Wednesday, so my life is about to get even more hectic. I am terrified!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #139  
Effort = Success

S/C/G: 212/126/120

Height: 5'5"

Hello all. I'm trying to get out of the 170's! So far I'm doing pretty good for the new year. My main focus for 2011 is just to eat healthier and get out more. If I can at least accomplish that for a majority of the time then the weight should do it's thing. I'm starting school next week so that takes care of the getting out more. .. hehe As for eating I got a huge bag of broccoli today that I plan to steam and possibly eat enough at a time to be a meal... O_O

Just curious what is everyone's usual eating habits? I don't eat much meat... well red meat... I like poultry and seafood. I love vegetarian food. For some reason I hate salads... Cant stand them, just chewing lettuce makes my stomach turn. I also have a giant addiction to chocolate probably like a lot of the women here. I have a problem eating massive amounts of chocolate at a time... other than that I eat pretty well, I don't over eat nearly anything like I used to. It used to be constant for me to over eat and literally make myself sick from food...
Old 12-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #140  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Mary - Have I said enough how jealous I am of you and that dang dance game? Well if not, I AM SO JEALOUS! UGH!! Today my exercise was shoveling snow and a LOT of walking. I mean A LOT lol. But if I could dance my way through exercise, that would make me veryyy happy! Boot camp doesn't start again until the 8 week challenge starts on January 10th. SOMEONE SAVE ME FROM MYSELF!!!!!! LOL

I am seriously going to have to get that game so I can keep up with you!

Jaimie - WOW WOW! Excitinggggggggg times! Being terrified is a LITTLE fun no? Gives you that fun feeling of exhilaration of the unknown! I wish you so much luck hon. This is gonna be GREAT for you. and what a healthy nurse you shall be! Please don't forget about us! Make sure you check in, I'll be wishing you luck from afar!

Initiative, my eating habits (when my mother isn't in town like RIGHT NOW) are pretty simple. I do not eat beef. I'll eat turkey, fish (a lot of fish), eggs, and chicken but that's it. I also really limit my intake, meaning I try to eat 4-6 times a day but in smaller portions.

if you're looking for a great site with yummy healthy recipes check out http://www.skinnytaste.com DELICIOUS!
Old 12-30-2010, 11:36 PM   #141  
Mary

Jaimie - Well, it was water weight so a 2lb whoosh is pretty good for leveling out to where I was lol. Good luck with your program!

Kriz - Do some at home bootcamp! You wrote down your routine for us! Or do some mixed training with killer kickboxing and circuit training

I have a girls breakfast date tomorrow but I'm kinda bummed about it because one of my friends decided we should eat at denny's or bob evans and I looked at their menu and both sound gross. And their "healthy" options have twice the calories and sodium than something like blueberry and cream sidecakes. Both restaurants are right next to each other, and right down the street from the delicious diner. Why can't we go to the diner? :C
Old 12-31-2010, 10:20 AM   #142  

172.2 today...I was on plan until 9 pm when I decided that it would be a great idea to get coldstone, a piece of pizza, and have 2 Mike's hard lemonades. I'm more and more aware that as I inch closer to goal it's freaking me out. I'm not prepared at all for maintenance, so I think I sabotage to buy myself time to figure it out and get adjusted to where I am now. I know losing weight is scary, but I didn't expect to be so afraid with 40 lb to go. Funny thing is, I don't want to try a test maintenance period or even focus less on losing weight, but it just freaks me out because I'm realizing that even at 135lb, life won't be perfect and my problems/issues won't be magically solved.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:45 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

I am smack on the middle of the 170's. 176.2 this morning. Hopeing to meet other 170ers looking to move into the next decade. Sadly I was there only 1.5 months ago. I let it slip big time
Old 01-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #144  
Mary

I had a great time at my party, and I only had a drink and a half! AND I only had 1 of my boyfriend's sister's brownies, that's it! We had a ton of goodies and I didn't snack on anything! So proud of myself Instead I danced all night haha. And it paid off because I'm back to 177.5 this morning yay! Now I have to behave myself and do lots of hiking and snowboarding this week while we're up in the mountains.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

I am waiting until tomorrow morning to weigh in because i drank A LOT last night and am afraid of how that will show itself on the scale. Did pretty well today with staying on plan, but didn't get any exercise in due to a fun hangover this morning.

Mary - Good for you for sticking with the plan for New Year's!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #146  
Mary

Sonuva*****. Went out to the boyfriend's family's faaaaaavorite place to eat out. Red Lobster. I ate on the "lighthouse" menu yet, like most places I'm noticing lately, their healthy menu sometimes has twice the amount of sodium as the regular menu - I guess to make it taste good?! Salt HATES my body. Up to 179 this morning.

We're heading up to the mountains today for a week. Call me crazy, but I'm packing my scale. I need to stay accountable and be good this week.

Bonuses for this week: Snowboarding burns a crapton of calories. Also, hiking around Arrowhead Lake is fun. And I will attempt to avoid lodge food at all costs.

I'll check in when I can
Old 01-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Weighed in at 176.8 this morning, so hopefully I keep going in the right direction this time.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

I haven't been reporting my weight lately because I have been jumping all over the place between 171 and 179. Now it seems to be leveling out between 175 and 178. The reality of the gain is settling in. :/ Oh well. Nothing I can do now but work it off again.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #149  

I'm at 173 today. NYE was off plan, but I managed not to completely stuff my face. I'm hoping to be out of the 170s (for good) by next Sunday.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Well...I drank myself up a pound. Boo. And today I ate like crap (Mexican food) since it was my cousin's 21st. And I washed in down with a long island if that wasn't bad enough. But, it was a 'last fling' to close the holiday season and celebrate her birthday.

Tomorrow is a big new start for me. I am joining weight watchers for one. I start school again on Tuesday after 3 years off. So, we shall see. The good thing is, I should have a perfect opportunity to work out more as I have slots between classes that I can head to the gym.

I am really excited about the New Year being here. This is my last year of fatness. I started this journey March 1st of last year, and am hoping to have lot a good 55 lbs total by March 1st of this year. I didn't want to take this long, but, it is what it is.

Hope the rest of you girls are rocking it! Anyone want to do the 6 week water only challenge with me? Tomorrow through Valentines Day if your up for it!
Closed Thread