3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Finally out of the 150s??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/218726-finally-out-150s.html)

wibblewobble 12-02-2010 07:53 PM

Finally out of the 150s???

I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 149.6 lbs. My official weigh in day is on Sunday morning. I've been losing weight at a rate of about 2 lbs per week. I'm so close to Sunday and I've barely lost a pound! Why is it so hard for me to get out of the 150s?? I don't even know if I can trust that number!

I'm getting frustrated. If my weight loss slows down at all, it's not going to be good. I'm one of those people who needs the validation of looking at the scale on Sunday morning and seeing a lower number. If I hit a platuea I don't know what I'll do!

Has anyone had this happen to them? What did you do? Should I start playing with calories?? I'm slightly worried because I haven't had a cheat day really in a while and I'm concerned my body is getting used to having less calories or something. I'm heading into finals and have no time...so upping my work outs isn't really possible. Ugh! So frustrating!

LiannaKole 12-02-2010 08:04 PM

I'm the same way - I hate seeing stalls. My weight loss used to be linear, but recently it's been doing stall, drop, stall, drop. I had minor freak outs for the first few, but I think I'm calming down because so far, they've always broken in time. Sometimes weight loss changes.

Take a deep breath, and realize that a stall isn't necessarily bad; sometimes people lose differently week to week - maybe focus on how many lbs you lose a month instead? And as you get smaller, you'll start to lose slower. It's natural, it's normal.

I've just broken 150 today (148! Yay!) after a 2+ week stall. My weigh in day is Sunday, too. I don't know if it'll stick, but because I've seen the number at all I know I'm losing weight.

You're doing great! If you do stall, you can beat it.

krampus 12-02-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiannaKole (Post 3592103)
I don't know if it'll stick, but because I've seen the number at all I know I'm losing weight.

Words of wisdom here.

wibblewobble - workouts don't need to take that much time! Can you just fidget a lot while sitting and park your car a mile away from where you're going, etc?

sun 12-02-2010 08:51 PM

oooh sooo jealous ladies :) I haven't been OP and have been stuck in the 150s for 2 months. I am going for it again and hopefully I will see those beautiful number soon ;) lol

wibblewobble 12-02-2010 10:10 PM

krampus: I already walk everywhere I go. And ALWAYS take the stairs when presented with the opportunity (meaning if I can find them, lol). But I feel like if I stall I'd need to do more exercise to jump start the loss again-which would mean taking more time to work out.

I know I shouldn't panick yet and just keep the faith that if I'm on track I'll lose the weight. But I'm so impatient! Lol. Patience is a virtue I realize--but its not one I'm blessed with ;).

brokengently 12-02-2010 10:44 PM

I'm 150 flat... and have been for 3 days now. I really can't wait to see 149 in the scale... I'll weep with joy!

Good luck ladies!