Old 12-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey everyone,
So sorry for the late response....had a crazy busy day yesterday!

Good news for me on the scale this morning.... finally under 125 It was my goal to reach this by Dec. 1st, so I'm really pleased. I don't think I've seen this weight since January?

Friends arrive today for the weekend... planning to squeeze in a 5K before they come, and will do a long run Sunday when they leave.

Also, got plenty of healthy food for us to have between restaurant meals, so we can save lbs AND $.

I'm going to try and read through everyone's posts and will respond ASAP with personals.....

Have a warm and happy Friday,
-FPSJ

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______
**Let me add in my personals!

liannakole- LOVE that feeling when you see a muscle or bone that's been hiding. As for the thin person who eats a lot-- I refer to this as being "skinny fat." You can still have raging heart disease when you're thin..... cholesterol is cholesterol. Especially if they're thin, eat crap, and smoke. So there.... we're way better off!

rainbowstripe- Boyfriends are so impossible! How about a gift card to a cooking/grilling class of some sort? Sorry about the eye... you REALLY need to avoid your contacts, even though it's miserable. I wear them too and I hate going about my daily life w/ glasses. But, you are literally re-implanting bacteria every time you put them in, and if you mistakenly swap lenses you will put the bacteria in your other eye. Go for the "sexy secretary" look with your glasses, pile your hair on your head, and be fabulous . Also, don't touch it. Just warm cloths to wipe away the ickies. And speaking of sexy, I agree with the post-workout glow... rather nice looking in my opinion.

krampus- I'm sorry about your sh*t day.. sounds like you recovered nicely. You are NOT a liar, I always put my lowest weight on my tracker.... don't we all?? Hahaha. Remember, like you said, dancing = cardio. Hang in there!

krizstyling- That bootcamp sounds SO challenging and awesome! Keep us posted on your progress.

jnichols07- Yay for taking advantage of your downtime & being productive while the kiddies/hubs were out of your hair. Feels so good to get stuff done, doesn't it? And, congrats on those teeny trousers.. they'll be your go-to pants soon enough!

katvee- How in the world did you do 2 Zumba classes?? I am in awe, way to go! I generally leave the class looking like a used tissue. So, points for you for endurance.

miztaccen
- Glad your move went smoothly! Lifting heavy boxes totally count as a strength workout in my opinion... enjoy the new place!

iconisedghost
- Isn't a frozen freezer such a pain? If it's any consolation, my sink clogged last night. So lovely. Anyway, sounds like you had a great day with the bf. Hope he's feeling better. Yay for being on track!

mybigwish- Sending positive thoughts your way, and hoping you find your motivation to get back on plan. This is a great time to start, because if you can adhere to a plan during a "minefield" (i.e., the holidays) then imagine how great you'll be when they're over. Get started and keep going, you're worth it!

Last edited by FatPantsSkinnyJeans; 12-03-2010 at 09:54 AM.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #122  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

So, scale said 147.8 today. It's holding steady so far! I'm hoping this is a real drop, not one of those fake outs. If so, I'm out of the overweight category! Woo hoo! If not...then I'm overweight, but won't be for long!

--------------------------

JLNichols07: Even if jeans give a big muffin top, YAY that they still can button (it's progress!)! That's what I'm like with size 7 right now. The 7s and I are flirting, but nothing can happen until I'm done with my 9s.

mybigwish: sometimes something like a new notebook and pretty pen are just what we need to get back on track. It's good that you realized and accepted you were off track, bc now you can get back on!
As for the ugly 150 - I think I just broke out of it! It can be defeated! (After a 2 week stall for me, but whatever, right?).

FatPantsSkinnyJeans: Congrats on being under 125!

rainbowstripe: Sorry about your eye. Is it just sore, or do you think it might be scratched? The scratches can take a little while to go away.

krampus: Hahaha! Maybe that's how they all do it - pig out and then eat really healthy, and repeat.

Iconised Ghost: good luck with the fridge hunt! And wow, vegetarian Indian food sounds awesome right now! Yum...

Last edited by LiannaKole; 12-03-2010 at 11:18 AM.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #123  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Kawaii - It was totally busy, but it was nice to be THAT busy because I didn't end up napping at all from 3 hours of sleep and being up at 5:30. lol

Iconised - Nothing to be jealous about trust me...my WHOLE life fits in my Yaris Hatchback lol probably why it was such a quick and easy move. lol

Today I'm totally having a fat day. I'm pretty sure I've gained back everything I lost (I don't have a scale and haven't stepped on one yet so I don't really know but I feel like poop...well mostly bloated anyways - I think that time of the month is coming...ick)

On a good note its FRIDAY! on a bad note, the guy I'm into isn't coming to see me tonight...but in being sad about that I finally got the balls to ask him what the deal was and shiznats! I figured I'm already hurt and disappointed (I know I shouldn't be I'm over sensative today or something) so if I hear the wrong answer oh well, it couldn't add on to what I feel right now towards the situation...

But on an EVEN better note, I'm going to begin working out again tomorrow, and my parents are sending me money for xmas and I think with that money I'm also going to join weight watchers. I've been wanting to do it for a while, I just haven't wanted to cough up the cash for it. Do I have to go to weekly meetings for that? or are they just like an AA group for food, go only when you need the support? I just want all the information packaging and stuff.

Mybigwish - man do I ever know how you feel! Sometimes it's nice though just to "Start over" that's the beauty of what TOMORROW is all about. Today I've failed as I just ate some sour candy and am having a can of pepsi. Hang in there sometimes we get rough patches but we are all human.

Fatpants- Thats what I thought too! Plus constantly moving, bending and unpacking is like a workout also a walk around the mall...it was a tough day haha

Last edited by MiZTaCCen; 12-03-2010 at 05:29 PM.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #124  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

FatPants - Thanks! I'm really excited about it, can't wait to get started but for now we are finishing off this year with regular boot camp =)

As for your weight loss, CONGRATS! So smart to do the grocery shopping BEFORE the guests come. That helps A LOT when making smart decisions. I think I'm going to have to copy and go grocery shopping BEFORE my mom comes to visit me for Xmas!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

miztaccen Glad to hear your move went well!!

Lianna I am totally with you on wondering where the weight goes. And the fat. Like I get that it's like...burned off...but...without risking sounding like a complete idiot, doesn't that mean the atmosphere/air is full of fat? Hah. I sound stupid. Same with people who eat lots and don't gain - jealous. But then again, if they're eating lots of crap, even if they look good they're not necessarily healthy As for the eye, I'm not sure. The drops I got for mild conjunctivitis (pink eye) seem to be helping...but then again maybe it is a scratch. If it doesn't improve fully my Monday, I'll go to a doctor. Hope the scale holds for you so you can be officially not overweight!!! WOO!

Kawaii Glad to hear your eye is better. I took out my contacts and started using drops around 4pm yesterday, have been wearing glasses since. It's now just before 1pm and I'm still wearing glasses. Still using drops, but my eye is not fun. Bleh. I don't think I could do anything other than the stationary bike with my glasses, they're a bit loose and slip down my nose fairly easily. Need to get the screws tightened or something, but I usually never worried about it since I wasn't really wearing them. Hope the weekend is treating you well!!

Icon Yay for the the Christmas tree! This will be the first Christmas my boyfriend and I will have actually spent together, even though it's the 3rd one since we've been together. Yay. And thanks for the advice on the eye...I didn't go to the doctor in the beginning which I probably should have done - but I'm short on money after my Christmas shopping extravaganza so I just asked the pharmacist to suggest something. They seem to be working so far...

mybigwish Sorry to hear you're having some difficulties. I think the notebook is a great idea! Write down everything you eat, even if it's just for a few days. It will make you more aware and accountable.

FPSJ Congrats on being under 125! That is awesome!! Thanks for the tips on the gifts - luckily I got it sorted! I know I had heaps of time but I like to be organised haha. You are right about the contacts...I have one pair left of disposables so just in case anything comes up tonight (Saturday) where I absolutely have to go out without glasses, I'll use those and throw them away. Otherwise I'm being a good girl and wearing my glasses. My boyfriend actually told me last night he really likes it when I wear them haha. I think he was trying to make me feel better, but I think perhaps he also does like them on me. Weird. I think I look much less attractive.

~Yup so basically all that's going on with my is my eye and hating my glasses. Nothing much else. Really. At all...haha. Seriously. The glasses wearing is preventing me from doing much at all, because they're so hindering to my daily life. Hoping my eye clears up. In the meantime, just hanging around at home. My sister and my mum are doing our pre-Christmas tradition today - I should be going but I can't get there - we go to this department store in the city and look around. That's about it. It's a tradition though, so I'm a little sad I can't go - can't drive, can't get a lift and they can't pick me up because it's a bit out of the way. Oh well.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

mybigwish, it's good that you are keeping yourself accountable by coming on here, and we're always gonna be here to support you. but that said, you really need to focus on your eating habbits right now. over exercise, over everything else. it seems to be your problem and i feel that you try and compensate for all your "cheats" by working out super-hard, but i think your body isn't fooled. you need to look really hard and find something that will make you say no to those chips and cookies and sodas, especially when you are not even craving them but it's other people offering them to you. people aren't gonna get upset if you refuse their food or if you tell them you are a diet! you need to do this for you! one day at the time! replace the junk with veggies. make sure you have a bunch in your fridge at all times, chopped up carrots or celery, or whatever it is you like. replace that soda you love so much with water and tea. and maybe tell yourself that you are only allowed one diet soda a week. or one every two days if that's too hard. take little baby steps. but really, the food part is the most important part of any diet, and unless you follow it pretty strictly, you're not gonna lose any weight i really hope you can find what works for you soon! don't give up, and we are always there if you need help!!

FPSJ, welcome back! congrats on the scale move!

MiZ, yeah, busy is good! somehow i always thing that if i'm running around like a headless chicken, i must be burning more calories! haha... booh for that boy not coming to see you, but yay for having the balls to ask him out! i'm totally chicken when it comes to doing that... i just rely on trying to look pretty and having guys ask me out, but maybe that's why i don't always get the "good" ones, haha. maybe i should just go for what i want... you're an inspiration! lol. and good luck trying to join WW. i've never done it but i did a similar things years and years ago in my hometown and the support group stuff worked really well. i think you gotta pay for meetings though... maybe someone else can jump in and confirm this. if not. there's a whole sub-section of this forum on WW.

rainbow, yeah, it wasn't serious. it's just cuz i wear a lot of makeup, and then it gets into my contact and i'm always poking at the corner of my eyes to try and remove it, but now that my nails are really long, i guess i scratched it, haha. hope yours are doing better don't delay going to the doctor though, your eyes are important!! yeah, i used to really hate wearing my glasses, but then i decided to splurge for some rocking Armani frames a few years back and they were so hot i wore them everyday. i was really rocking the hipster look, haha. now i'm a fan of the big giant ones for a sexy secretary look, haha.. i like looking dumb and smart at the same time ^_-

well, it's saturday for me now! i slept in til 9:30! yay! but i have a lot of studying to do today... bleh.... so i'm gonna get on that right after this post... scale kept hovering between 77.0 and 77.2 this morning, so i just decided i must be 77.1 i dunno why my scale only does point even numbers? it's kinda weird, no? oh well. still not really what i wanted. i was so sure i would see 76 this morning. and i FEEL skinny! haha. oh, last night i found the most amazing snack ever at the 100yen shop... it's like a little bucket of popcorn with some that is plain and some that is caramel and some that's pink, all mixed together and it's under 200 cals. i think it's good cuz the size is pretty satisfying, and it is "junk" but it's only 200! yay!

i hope you all have a good weekend! take care!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Kawaii That little popcorn thing sounds tasty! I love prepackaged "treat" snacks that are calorie controlled. Hope the studying isn't too bad. Yeah I know I shouldn't take my eyes lightly and should see a doctor....but I'm so short on money after my ridiculous shopping extravaganza I kind of can't afford to go to the doctor. It feels a bit better, just being out in the sun I can feel it's so so sensitive. I also feel lopsided in the face haha. My glasses are nice enough, they're black squarish frames - a little hipsterish haha - I just dislike wearing them.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

FPSJ: Awesome that you finally seen below 125 And yes is deff feels good to have a little downtime.
Lianna: I will be so happy when I'm down to a size 7, you are so lucky that you are almost there. And being able to say your not overweight anymore thats great!
MiZ: That sucks you don't get to see your man tonight!
Rainbow: I hope your eye gets better soon! I wear glasses and I'm suppose to wear them always but don't due to the fact of how in the way they are!

Hey Everyone! So today has been an okay day...I kind of got into an argument w/ my mom and sister today and I left my mom's house beyond upset but hopefully it'll get cleared up soon because I hate fighting with my family. As for my calories I stayed around 1300 calories today, and worked out 40 minutes to BFBM. Got a few errands done today, and now I'm at home relaxing! This morning the scale was back down to 168.8, so hopefully it's downward from there!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #129  
Lifes a Journey

Rainbow – Thanks! And Glasses aren’t soo bad, unless with your eye condition you have to wear an ugly pair and not some stylish ones! I wear glasses 20/7 I can’t see without them and sometimes I like them just because they can hide my face a bit, or the back makeup job I do once in a while. LOL

Kawaii – that’s what I figured when your day is packed with busyiness it must be some kind of workout, maybe not your typical one but at least I was up and about and moving haha. I love those days when I wake up and I’m like wow I feel and look skinny! Those are the best…and then I put food in my system and puff up like a balloon…evil evil body I have lately lol. Mmm pop corn, they finally sell pop chips in my grocery store out here so I tend to eat those as a snack, pop corn the kernels always get stuck in my teeth I hate that.

JL – Kind of does suck…he’s not exactly my man but he was suppose to come over tonight and I was hoping I’d get a clarification as to what the heck we are and if we are something, and if we’re not then great I can move on and date others. It just sucks because I can’t date more than one person at a time when I feel more towards someone else…it’s just not fair to have the other guys compete against that. I know I wouldn’t want to be competing against a bunch of other girls…So I asked him what was going on…and haven’t gotten a reply and this was 5 hours ago. Lol.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #130  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

Oh girls thanks so so much for your support!!

Kawaii You're so right I try and over compensate whenever I can, I know all the tricks because I lost 40 pounds in high school but I keep letting myself fall back into bad habits!!! But this time it's for good!

Rainbow & Lianna I know the new notebook itself makes a difference. I had it and was doing great before Thanksgiving so this is just restarting that good streak!

FPSJ You're so right if I can do it now I can do it ANYTIME. Smart thinking with your friends coming in. Having it all planned out will not only help you but them too!!!!

Anyway! Today wasn't too bad, spent a lot of time doing Christmas lights and got my nails done a new christmasy design....I should really figure out how to load pictures on here from twitter or maybe just link to my twitter let's see...

Looks like linking is my best bet!
http://plixi.com/p/60791206

Last edited by mybigwish; 12-03-2010 at 09:35 PM.
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

I'm at 74 kg this morning! I want to be close to 72kg by Christmas.

Last edited by elleohelle; 12-03-2010 at 09:51 PM.
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

rainbow, going to the doctor is costly where you're at? that sucks. take care! glasses definitely take some getting used to. but eventually, you don't even feel them on your face anymore. also bonus, you don't have to take your damn contacts off before going to bed! nothing i hate more than being super tired and just wanting to pass out on my bed and then having to get up to pick them out of my eyes, haha.

JL, aww, fighting with your family sucks, but at least they're family so you know you can't get mad at each other too long! hope you patch things up soon!

MiZ, haha, movie popcorn does that to me too... for some reason if it's sweet popcorn, it doesn't get stuck in my teeth oh, and i hear you on the dating game, haha. i every time i've tried to "play the field" and date more than one guy at once, it has gone so so badly wrong... i can't spread my feelings that way either. hope you get an answer soon!

mybigwish, hey, don't worry girl! i know it's hard! plus, you are a lot lighter than a lot of us, so the skinnier you are, the harder it is! you just gotta kickstart your run by being 150% good, and then once you're on track, it'll be so much easier to just keep going straight ahead. and it's not really about "knowing" what to do either, right? i think all of us "knew" that we should eat less, move more, and lay off the junk, but knowing does nothing... and it's a lot harder than people think! but you can do it! i have faith in you! and nice nails!

ah well, not much to report on my end. this studying crap is a pain!! i'm still not done and it's 10pm. gah! i did my 30DS and it was my last day of level 2! woot! last stretch! i also went out earlier for a coffee cuz i just didn't wanna stay home all day, and i got all dolled-up and it was funny cuz i got several appraising looks and i was like "that's right, i'm hot, you can stare! carry on!" lol. sometimes it feels good to get dolled-up for no reason at all. haha.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 140/122/105

Height: 5'1''

mybigwish: Beautiful nails!

JL: Sorry to hear about your mom and sister.

FPSJ: Congrats on getting below 125. WOOT WOOT! The two Zumba classes weren't in a row. I think I would have died. haha. I hope you have a great weekend with your friends. Were you able to decide on your menu?

Kawaii: You're almost done with 30DS! Yay.

rainbow: How's your eye treating you today?

So I realized something yesterday. If I don't start off the day right with a good breakfast, I have a tendency to graze the rest of the day. I guess it's my mind's way of compensating for the lack of my regular routine. I'm also a boredom muncher. I didn't have any workouts planned for the evening so I sat on the computer catching up on Thursday shows (Yay Grey's Anatomy and Fringe!) with a bowl of Jalapeno kettle chips and Milk Duds. I didn't go overboard but I need to figure out what do with the downtime before dinner since it happens every single weekend.

Happy Weekend everyone.
KatVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #134  
Lifes a Journey

Kawaii - Totally no answer at all! What a dick! lol oh well and damn the people upstairs are seriously cooking some amazing food right now!

I was lazy today! I need to get out of this funk.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:16 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Not much to report today other than I had Mexican food at an authentic mexican resturant for the first time in a long time. Thank goodness I just walked in from the gym. I def. needed to negate it a little bit. I didn't eat too terribly much, but feel full and gross.

We are doing "family" christmas pictures tomorrow. I really hope I don't look like a cow. That is always my biggest fear, that I will get pics back and think I look fat and horrible in all of them! Fingers Crossed my diet/exercise has paid off to some degree!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote