Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #61  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

JL - you made it to the 160s! i'm so proud of you! you totally beat me because thanksgiving kinda screwed everything up for me but hopefully i'll be joining you soon!
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

AML Yeah I've been in the 160's for the past 8 days. I got stuck at 169 for 7 days...and finally dropped to 168 this morning. I have been waiting to see you in the 160's thread! You'll be there before you know it!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #63  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

Hey Girls!!!

I read everyone posts and am so proud you're all working so hard.

FPSJ It's hard having a height that makes such a low number feel heavy on you. I'm lucky enough to be the opposite and not because of my height but just because how I carry muscle, but it's hard when I tell people I want to lose weight cause at a size 8 they don't get it!

Katvee You're so sweet, the dizzy spell passed pretty quickly, I think it was jut Home Depot, that place is like devil land to me for some reason I just can't stand it, even if I'm getting stuff for myself!!

JL Thanks for being my workout cheerleader, you guys have NO idea how much the support helps me.

Anyway, last night my mom asked me to clean the kitchen before people came over so cycle didn't happen this morning but its not stopping me from still getting in an equal amount of workout!! I'm headed to jump on the elliptical and watch yesterday's episode of Gossip Girl, that'll be about 44 minutes, but I might just round it up to an hour, which should burn between 500-600 calories!! Then I'm headed to Turbo Kick Boxing later, I'm not letting yesterday get me down, gotta keep kicking.

Updated Workout Schedule!!!

Monday:Rest Day
Tuesday: Elliptical (45+ minutes) / Turbo Kick Boxing (60 minutes)
Wednesday: Cycle (60 minutes) / Weight Lifting (60 minutes)
Thursday: Cycle (60 minutes)
Friday: Cycle (60 minutes)/ Elliptical (45 minutes)--Saving Grey's Anatomy to watch for this one!!
Saturday: Elliptical (40+ minutes)
Sunday: Elliptical (30 minutes) / Bike Ride (30+ minutes)

Last edited by mybigwish; 11-30-2010 at 03:14 PM.
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

rainbow, lol at you perving at the girl in your zumba class!! (joke, joke...) i do it all the time here though cuz japanese girl are just so pretty and THIN and stylish... *sigh* oh well. yeah, being a girl sucks. SO unfair. at least i didn't have some random surprise bleeding this month...

elle, aw, too bad you couldn't go to the gym, but at least you did something so it's still good! i actually cancelled my membership to the gym cuz it was too far and i never went. it's a 20 min bike ride (first of all, who wants to have to BIKE on top of going to the gym???) and my bike's busted now and i can't be bothered going to get it fixed... lol.

Linds and krampus, congrats on getting your workout in!

JL, congrats on finally seeing 168!! haha, i think being a home mama is awesome, haha... there aren't many people who can afford doing that in this day an age!!

FPSJ, i guess being short must suck like that, haha... i'm kinda normal but when i see girls that are like 5'9" and say they weigh the same as me and they are all slender it makes me go "hey! not fair!" lol. but i guess that's life. congrats on the return to normal

mybigwish, your crazy workouts are making my head spin! lol. but good girl!

ah, so sleepy this morning... woke up to realize i had hit the snooze button 3 times... lol. so i guess i better get a move on today will be busy at school again. man, i'm really fed up with being super-bored one week and super busy the next!! *grumbles* but whatever. weight was up a bit this morning, but i'm not stressed cuz TOM is here. (joy!) i managed to get my 30DS in yesterday and felt really happy/proud because you KNOW the longer you go without doing it, the harder it is to get back to it... and my back was really painful for some unexplainable reason... it's still hurting a bit... but anyways. did it! will do it again tonight to! hang in there, ladies!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:54 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 140/122/105

Height: 5'1''

JL: Congrats on getting to 168. How many kids do you have?

mybigwish: Tell us how Turbo Kickboxing went after you're done! It sounds like a lot of fun.

Kawaii: How is 30DS going?

FPSJ: One of the great things about being short is that when you lose weight, it is easily noticeable. What BMI calculator are you using? According to mine, you're 1.5 pounds away from normal.

So it's been one of those bad days. My license wasn't where it was supposed to be so now I have to hunt it down and pray that I didn't accidently throw it away. I'm always afraid that I'm going to do that one day. I couldn't find the new Jillian Michael's DVD but it's ok. I guess it'll be a New Year's gift to myself so if anyone wants to join me in January, please do. I found out today that I have a balance at my old gym. I have to get that sorted out but they are giving me back the months that I didn't go in the form of membership even after I cancel.
KatVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Linds Sorry about your stressful time at the moment. I hope you've done something about that girl, she needs to see some consequences.

krampus Yay for the run but sad about the iPod - does it still work? That sucks...I used to use one of those arm band things you keep it it but I feel like it made me lopsided hah...I'm lucky enough that the nike pants I bought have a little pocket on the waistband at the back. Your dinner sounds SO good. I love salmon.

KatVee Oh yeah...I feel like I should have that type of body at some point, since I'm part middle-eastern and they seem to have some nice curves...but we'll see. Oooh I just noticed you're a fellow shorty as well! Hope your day/night improves - I hate those days when nothing seems to go right!

JL Nice to hear your scale is moving - you need to not worry about it so much!

FPSJ Yeah it is tough to be short. Urgh. I think it's harder sometimes. Congrats on getting back to your pre-Thanksgiving weight. 3 pounds by Christmas sounds like a really do-able goal. Like extra do-able!

mybigwish Elliptical and Gossip Girl - sounds like a plan! I wish I had some sort of set-up where I could watch my downloaded tv - or any tv for that matter while I used the treadmill - but I don't. Well done on your exercise, you're doing great!

Kawaii Haha yeah, I think I would be a worry in Japan, I find Japanese girls SO cute and a lot of them have really fun quirky style - I would be staring all over the place! I was also having fun with my snooze button this morning - I think I snoozed it for over an hour - and that was after I'd already woken up around 8am and gone back to sleep! I was in bed til about 10.30am hah. Good on you for getting the 30DS back in!!

~So today I'm getting my hair cut and recoloured - pretty excited, I love being in the salon. Just not doing anything for a few hours and having my hair done. Yay. I'm also making it a day off exercise, my muscles are desperate for the break, I can tell haha.
I'm craving pizza today...I might have to see what is planned for dinner and perhaps do something like that. I dunno.
I'm trying to get my Christmas shopping sorted as well, even if it is only planning what to buy. But people are so hard to buy for! I have no idea what to get for my dad. Or for my boyfriend. My boyfriend said he wants me to get him a beer brewing kit - but I'm not buying that because I know it will end up like all of his other started-but-never-finished projects. I just got him a voucher on a deal website for a 1 hour body massage at a Spa type place specifically for men, so I think he'll like that, but I need to get him something else. Hrm.
I also need to figure out what I want because he keeps asking me, and all I can come up with is a puppy! And he said he can't get me anything living. Hah.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

KawaiiCandie-- I agree, it's totally not fair. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is bothered by this! I just keep telling myself, muscle weighs more than fat...

KatVee-- I think I just used whatever calculator showed up first on a Google search? I know I'm close... just gotta hang in there! Let's hope the losses show after awhile. Thanks

rainbowstripe-- I'm really hoping I can make it happen! I just have a few "obstacles" to plan for/get through that might mess me up. (friends in town for weekend, visiting a friend in another state for a weekend, plus the actual Christmas stuff). Hoping I can manage, somehow! Thanks for the support
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Kawaii: LOL. Well we are far from rich but I have been staying home because I'm going to school to and then it will be all work from there. Also youll be through with 30DS before you know it..I did No More Trouble Zones today and only made it through the first 25 minute it was EXHAUSTING but a very good workout!

Katvee: Thanks! I have 2 kids but it feels like 4. LOL. A little girl who is 2 and a little boy who is 3 months.

Rainbow: I try my hardest not to stress out but it's hard! lol. You've gotta post picture of your new hair color and cut!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

JL I know it's hard, I stress a lot as well! Heh. I am terrible at posting photos - I was meant to a couple of weeks ago with my new dress, meant to again after this past weekend with another new dress...I dunno why I don't do it - mainly I guess because I leave my camera at my boyfriends? Also webcam photos are never that good. I'll see what I can do. I feel like now I've reached half way I should take some photos - but I don't have "before" photos either!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #70  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

Okay girls I've come to a realization planning two big workouts a day is screwing me over. It makes me feel great to get one done and then when I don't have the motivation for the second (since I already did one) I feel totally defeated. I think I should adjust that.

Maybe instead of planning two huge workouts go for 45+ minutes a day of some kind of cardio 5 days a week, one rest day, and some kind of workout on the last day. That way when classes fit in my schedule I can go to them and if I have the motivation on a day for two well that's great, but right now it seems to be an issue.
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

We went shopping this evening and I decided to take the night off from the gym. I probably shouldn't have, but as long as I get there atleast 5x's per week I'm okay with it!

We ended up buying more stuff for ourselves than for others. We are doing "family photos" this weekend so we needed new outfits of course! haha
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

mybigwish- i ran into the same problem with my workout schedule. IT was so overly ambitious that when I was naturally tired for the second workout I would beat myself up so bad for not doing it. I have found that if I give myself 1:15 at the gym I can get plenty of cardio/toning in!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #73  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS down to 125.2/56.8 kg! I made my Dec. 1 goal of "under 57.0" and I'm feeling great. Probably won't run tonight as my legs still ache a little, but I feel quite motivated to keep eating right. I might even skip my favorite school lunch in favor of the fiber bran cereal and soy milk I packed.

I made plans to meet a Scottish expat friend in Germany for a day/night and I can't wait! He is the male equivalent of me - dyed black hair, trying to lose weight, and obsessed with The Cure and bands that sound like The Cure. We have made plans to eat spaetzle (Southern German egg noodles, cholesterol and carb overload ahoy).

KatVee I'm NOT a natural runner. When I started running in May or so I thought I might die after 2-3 minutes of jogging. It has taken me up until now to be able to keep pace for any length of time, and even so it is very rare I make it a full hour without walking for little 30-second intervals. Give it a go!

JLNichols Nice work on getting below 169! Feels so good to see the number move down. You look great in your pic you posted in the photos thread!

FPSJ Snack willpower...we'll see how long that lasts. Thanks for the encouraging words!

mybigwish Haha you've just discovered you're 2 inches taller than you thought? Nice! Good call on changing your workout schedule. Sometimes 2x a day is just not realistic and no one needs to feel defeated when they don't have the energy.

KC getting addicted to exercise yet?!

rainbowstripe Buying for men is SO HARD. I feel your pain! There's a ban on mailing packages to the US from Japan currently in place so I don't have to worry about dad (sorry parents!) but I'm stressing about what to buy my bf. What do you get a guy whose hobbies are guitars, investing money and computers?!

Also, some music recs (directed at rainbowstripe but these apply to everyone):
-The Birthday Massacre
-Welle: Erdball
-Matinee Club
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

Height: 5'5

I used the body fat percentage calculator at work and a realistic weight loss for me looks like 25 lbs. I`m currently at 36% body fat percentage and would like to be at 20%. What`s annoying is how much weight I carry in my stomach. It`s not attractive and it`s not healthy. Stupid apple shape. Hopefully it`s just the last fat to go, rather than something I will have to deal with for the rest of my life. I`ve heard eating lower carb helps and I`ve cut all my processed carbs. It`s just frustrating to have around a 31 inch waistline when I only weigh 165. Sigh.
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #75  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Today it's FREEZING where I live. Or, well, it's like 30 degrees out but for some reason the heat in my apartment is not doing its job! It's on and working, but BBRRR! I get cold so much easier now. Don't get me wrong, it's still waaay better than being hot all the time, but being cold is no picnic! I need an electric blanket I think...

elleohelle: Oh my gosh, I am right there with you! I have an apple shape (inherited from 3 generations - yippee) and my measurements are just irritating. People with my hip and bust measurements generally have waists like 8 inches smaller than mine. I too hope my belly is just the last thing to go and not a permanent fixture. Fingers crossed!
It'd be nice if it was possible to spot reduce.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote