3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   what're you having for lunch? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/216876-whatre-you-having-lunch.html)

aml 11-08-2010 12:31 PM

what're you having for lunch?

it's monday and i'm not feeling the diet thing. what're you guys having for lunch? i feel like if i have more ideas i'm less likely to stray, and i don't wanna stray!

stellarosa27 11-08-2010 12:34 PM

I had some hummus, pretzel thins, baby carrots, a red bell pepper, cherry tomatos and some gluten-free bunny cookies.

(I got home really late last night and didn't have time to make lunch, so I ran out to the supermarket.

kateleestar 11-08-2010 12:34 PM

A can of progressive french onion soup. It's 50 cal a serving and there's 2 servings in the can, so I'm eating the whole thing. I do, however, wish I was at home... because it needs some serious doctoring up, lol.

Its not bad, I just prefer my low cal homemade french onion. :)

Tomorrow will be easy mac! Wednesday will be chicken with wheat noodle! Thursday I'm thinking sushi and Friday will be a turkey wrap.

WOO!

aml 11-08-2010 12:40 PM

stella- that sounds pretty good, i love hummus. i'm going to leave work to go to the store for lunch too because i was running so late this morning i didn't have time to eat at all :( hopefully i'll follow your lead

kate- that's so awesome you've got everything all planned out! but yeah, i agree that the art of french onion soup is very complex, i love it but it's gotta be a certain kind

beerab 11-08-2010 12:50 PM

Since I FORGOT my lunch I'm doing my old standby- either a small salad (with no bread) and a small soup at quizno's, or a salad with two chicken legs at el pollo loco. I'm more inclined to go for the soup SINCE it's cold and rainy today.

Littlefox 11-08-2010 01:20 PM

I'm in the other side of the world right now... so lunch was awhile ago.

I had a KFC chicken wrap, and a cherry tart. Wonderful healthy, I know. I was on the move.

(I don't suggest the KFC chicken wrap. It was terrible.)

Fit4Lyfe 11-08-2010 01:24 PM

Eh, left-overs? (lol, I know that doesn't help) and to tell you the truth, I haven't found good "stand-bys" that I can run out and grab when I forget my lunch: last week I went to Quiznos and ate like 800 calories!!!! WTF?!?! A small chicken honey-mustard salas (which admittedly, I could have taken off the little bread and halved the dressing use and it wouldn't be so bad) and a small tuna melt (which I learned much later is death) so I am still looking for some good eat on the go meals. I realize I'm not helping...I will shut up now.

Sunshine73 11-08-2010 01:28 PM

I'm having a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and some carrots w/ reduced fat ranch dressing as a dip. Nothing too exciting but it'll fill me up.

Also, I'm really trying to ignore the cupcakes in the fridge here at work (and the brownies and the cookies). :^:

aml 11-08-2010 01:38 PM

hey stellarosa- your lunch sounded good, i'm eating almost the exact same thing :) thanks for the idea

popspry 11-08-2010 01:48 PM

Pita with apples, peanut butter and cinnamon
half a cup of pineapple

We're running low on groceries and won't go till tuesday so I had to get creative since I can't refrigerate of microwave my lunch.

MindiV 11-08-2010 01:51 PM

I had a Boca burger on bread with pickles, mustard, ketchup and a side of baked Cheetos. Dessert was a chocolate peanut butter Quaker rice cake.

zanheltangia 11-08-2010 02:11 PM

I was lucky to find the left over apple slices from Friday in the work fridge and I ate my emergency Smart Ones frozen dinner. What a Monday morning! I only had a pair of bananas ready to eat this morning, chaos!

GreenTeaYum 11-08-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindiV (Post 3558792)
I had a Boca burger on bread with pickles, mustard, ketchup and a side of baked Cheetos. Dessert was a chocolate peanut butter Quaker rice cake.

Mmm I love those Boca burgers. They are the best for quick dinner when I don't feel like cooking. Ill make hubby some french fries and I'll have some carrot sticks for a side. Honestly, I like them better than real burgers now.

For lunch, I'm going to have a cup of Progresso Chicken Noodle Soup (100 cal) and a 1/2 ham sandwich (150 cal)

pinkpolkadotpup 11-08-2010 03:07 PM

A Lean Cuisine with a small salad

ghost 11-08-2010 03:14 PM

Tuna salad (made without mayo) on akmok crackers and a fage yogurt sweetened with a sprinkling of truvia.