3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Looking for Texting Buddy (United States) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/216390-looking-texting-buddy-united-states.html)

zanheltangia 11-02-2010 12:03 PM

Looking for Texting Buddy (United States)

Hey guys! This'll be a long post, I can sense it. :lol:

This may be an odd request ;), but I'm interested in trying this out:

I am looking for someone(s) who texts in the US, someone who wants to have a 3FCer just a text away to chat with when needed or just send a quick message to on occasion.

I'm on the East Coast, but I have no problem with getting texts in the odd hours of the night if a West Coaster is interested (I just might not hear it if asleep, so keep that three hour or so difference in mind, especially since you might be the one getting the text at odd hours too :D).

I have no one "offline" to talk to about weight loss related things. So, sometimes I find that I just want to be able to shoot a text out about some new product I found, surprising WI results, or just about anything to someone who understands and just might be interested in hearing or willing to lend their opinion, you know?

Sometimes nothing is worse than the uninterested "uh huh" response from a family member or friend who just has not "been there" so to speak, it can totally crush enthusiasm and I am tired of it :p. I like the easy friendships that this website sprouts, so a little about me:

Zan, Age: 25
  • I follow Weight Watchers but I'm interested in learning about other plans too. Exercise-wise: I am attempting to train for a crazy 5k (Warrior Dash - in my Signature) and just got a used golds gym put together last night - so that's new to me.
  • Spare time is usually spent playing video games, reading urban fantasy novels, writing random stories, reading amateur fiction online, previously played World of Warcraft (taking a break), watching movies, anime, and tv box sets.
  • I'm a fan of Roleplay Games (basically for social interaction - my friends are wide spread at the moment. Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, Pathfinder, Star Wars. I call it Game Night, and I usually go to it on Sundays.
  • I have a Data Entry style desk job that's a temporary position, have about 2 years left if I am lucky. I've started and stopped college a few years back. Hm, can't think of anything else to put.
Sorry about the mini-life story, but that basically gives an idea about who I am and I know I'd be curious about the person on the other end of the texts ;).

So, obviously I'll pass my number through a PM if anyone is interested in trying this out.

But who knows, maybe this can start a chain of people getting texting buddies. That'd be nice. :D

Thoughts, suggestions?

katy trail 11-02-2010 12:13 PM

i don't text or even have a cell phone, but it sounds like a good idea for those that do. i hope you find lots of buddies! :)

Persicae 11-02-2010 12:21 PM

We have alot of common interests! And I would appreciate a friend who will listen to me talk about this weight loss stuff and vice versa.

LET'S DO THISSSS!
PM me yo!
:D

ade903 11-02-2010 12:30 PM

Hey zan! I'm interested, too! I know you know me from the WW thread. Let me know if you are interested (I won't be offended if you aren't!!).

zanheltangia 11-02-2010 12:30 PM

PM sent, Persicae. :D

There are days when I envy your lack of a cell phone, Katy. The only reason why I have one is that a few years back my mother got rid of the landline and she got me one :lol3:!

zanheltangia 11-02-2010 12:31 PM

Yeah, Ade! :hug:

GreenTeaYum 11-02-2010 12:56 PM

Oh, I think that sounds like fun! I'd like to have a text buddy if you're still looking for one. :D I'll PM you

zanheltangia 11-02-2010 01:25 PM

This sure made for a lively afternoon at work, :sssh:. Haha!

GreenTeaYum 11-02-2010 01:26 PM

haha! Me too. I already spend too much time on 3FC at work. Shhhh ;)

zanheltangia 11-02-2010 01:28 PM

So weird to text you and reply to you at nearly the same time!!!

:devil:

JackieHollow 11-02-2010 01:29 PM

I think this is a great idea! I'd love to have a texting buddy.

If anyone wants one, I'm a mom of 4 that homeschools. I'm currently trying calorie cycling, but have just been counting calories up til now. Trying to eat mainly unprocesses whole foods. (Well, trying to). I'm also a photographer. I'm addicted to my computer, and usually find me sitting in front of one. LIke PP said... most of my social interaction comes from computer friends.

What a great idea zanheltangia!

belezura 11-02-2010 01:53 PM

I am glad I found this threat! I posted about it once and even though I got some responses it didn’t go anywhere... :( but I still want to have someone to text... I will be PMing you my # and if someone else want it please let me know...
It is always great to have pp who understands you to talk with!

AmandaW 11-02-2010 01:54 PM

Yeah, I definitely envy a lack of cell phone. I often wonder just when the crap am I allowed to be unavailable if I'm supposed to have the blasted thing with me at all times?

I also envy you still training for the Warrior Dash! So freaking much! One of my very first thoughts when I found out about the baby was #$#$#%& I can't do the Dash! I am staying active and have already researched jogging strollers and the like so I can be ON IT for the next year.

Anyway.. I'm always up for text buddies, if you'd like to add another to the list :) I read often and I'm not a WoW type, but I am a child of the 80's and <3 NES/SNES. My husband is pretty freaking geeky too, so while I'm mostly a Lit nerd, I pick up a fair amount of geek from him. :) I'm an insurance agent.. it is the family business, and earns a living. I'm in school currently for a business degree, even though I'd much rather be an English major or something else essentially completely useless for me :p

pinkpolkadotpup 11-02-2010 03:00 PM

I'd be interested too! It's far more convenient for me to send a text.

I'm 22, a senior in college. I'm trying to watch my calorie intake, and eat more natural foods. I also am trying to get exercise in everyday.

Go ahead and PM me if you are interested. I text a lot :)

I'm also a west coaster!

zanheltangia 11-02-2010 03:35 PM

PMs sent and texts received! Woohoo! :D