Old 11-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #46  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

The "you are gaining muscle and losing fat" if you think about it. For women especially, it is very hard to gain a significant amount of muscle. I was talking to my personal trainer about it and he was like (in his strong Australian accent ) "even if i weight trained you hard all day every day for months and months, you miiiiight gain half a kilo of muscle". So thats one thing. Another thing is, how likely is it that you gain muscle at the exact same rate as you are losing fat? AND more muscle means you need more energy to maintain it, so if you ARE gaining muscle you should be losing more fat!

On the other hand...I have no idea what is going on, especially with the losing inches thing xD
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Casey- it could be possible that you aren't getting enough calories. Your body may be going into starvation mode. I have done a significant amount of research regarding sustainable caloric intake for a woman during weight loss periods and most say to stay around 1,500...ESP if you are exercising. Maybe you could try getting between 1300-1500 on most days and see if you see a change. I zig zag my calories and it has really seemed to help!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #48  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

hey ladies i'm back from my break....i put on a few pounds and ehhhh not too happy about it but i'll deal with it when i get over the cold i brought home with me
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hey ladies, sorry no personals this morning.
I woke up on the grumpy side of the bed. I was having a nice sleep in but as soon as I got up I just felt crappy. And still do. I'm not going to my studio today. I'm going to try to tidy up here at my boyfriend's and then I'm going to my parents house to wallow on the couch and watch downloaded TV shows. Would really love a whole lot of fried food or candy to go with that, but that isn't happening.

Urghhhh.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #50  
This is not a test.

aww sometimes its nice to wallow
Old 11-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #51  

Rainbow- Sorry to hear you woke up grumpy. I am grumpy too. It is still Tuesday evening here though as I write this. My stomach hurts really bad. I feel constipated, although I am fairly certain that's not what is really going on, just the only way I know to describe it. I skipped the gym this evening, but atleast I got a 3.5 mile walk in at lunch. I still love to give myself an insane guilt trip though. UGH i am annoying MYSELF!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:30 PM   #52  

Icon Thanks for the hugs! It actually is nice to wallow. I'm just going to take the rest of the day to myself.

Linds Dumb, that doesn't sound very good, I hope you feel better soon - did you eat something you wouldn't usually?

I got the tidying done at my boyfriends, now have 2 huge bags full of clothes that are too big - feels kind of invigorating to have tried them all on and really see they are too big - but now my wardrobe at his place is very very bare, and the stuff at my parents is basically stuff I don't wear anyway. It's scary. I'm still kind of grumpy, more like... I just have this weird uncertain feeling about something, I don't know how to describe it, it makes no sense, I just feel unsettled. Oh well. Going to cook myself some lunch soon I think.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #53  

Rainbow- sounds like you NEED to treat yourself to some shopping! I don't think I ate anything I normally wouldn't...Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Rain - I'm with Linds... go shopping. It always makes me feel better.

Linds - I have actually been contemplating upping my calories. I don't feel like I'm starving myself but I have heard of people who yo yo their calories like you suggested and are successful. I think I will try this for a little while just to see what happens. It will be hard though. 1300 has always been my calorie number, and I feel like I'm being bad if I go over. I need to get that out of my head I guess.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:09 AM   #55  
This is not a test.

Rainbow- i get that feeling sometimes too! like you dont have control over it either or something. its very disconcerting!

Well Dellman came to fix my baby laptop and now it doesnt work So lovely dell is sending me another Dellman to fix it again. When I say lovely, Im not being sarcastic, they really are lovely. I think they can hear me getting choked up talking about how my sweet, innocent, poor laptop wont work now and is starving from not getting any power from the cord or battery and is trying so hard but just cant make it :'( It needs some TLC. And a clean XD
Old 11-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

hey all, congrats on those of you who got a really good workout yesterday! i'm proud of youse!

i didn't... i spent the evening wallowing and eating chocolate... today is a national holiday, so i stayed in bed til 10am and then didn't even wanna get up. i feel so depressed because of the whole bf situation, TOM kicked in full swing last night, and because i can't even get my dieting in order... it's like i'll do good for a few days, then give in to temptation, then do good again, then fail again... i'm not actually gaining any weight, but i'm not loosing. shucks.

so anyways, i mailed my mom on skype and she was actually there so we had a little chat and it cheered me up. so the plan for today is to clean my place (which is a dump...), do day 2 of 30DS and take myself outside for a while it doesn't sound like too much of a challenge, but for me it is! i hate cleaning!! lol.

i hope everyone else is having a good day!! take care.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:17 AM   #57  

Linds No shopping for me! I can't really afford much at the moment and I feel like I'm at such an in between point - like.. I feel as though the next 3kg/6ish pounds I lose is going to make quite a difference - or maybe that's just me being too positive!

Casey As I said to Linds, shopping is not on the agenda right now. But I'm trying to think of something else I could buy that isn't clothing to make myself feel a little better, I'm definitely in need of a reward!

Icon Yeah, it's very strange. I just feel like something isn't "right", I know that makes probably no sense, just something feels wrong. Dumb that your laptop is broken! Mine was having some issues today, freezing all weird and stuff - I'm just going to blame window's media player. I hope you get it fixed! Mine needs a clean too but I have no idea how to go about doing that.

It's Guyfawkes (fireworks) day in NZ this coming Friday, we can only buy fireworks in the 3 days leading up to it. I'm contemplating getting some fireworks even if I just save them for New Years because I love fireworks so much! But they're always so expensive and sometimes pretty crappy. I dunno. I feel like I need to make a plan for my second day off tomorrow to avoid lolling around inside again. Exercise is happening for sure, but I have no more TV downloaded to use as an excuse for doing nothing, and if I spend another whole day trolling the internet, I will be appalled with myself. I don't want to go into my studio because I know that I'm not in the right mood to be painting. It's times like these I wish I had more friends (who also didn't work midweek haha).
I'm already a little worried about the weekend. I've switched my Sunday shift to Saturday with another girl because she needed to do other things Saturday. And Saturday night I'm meant to be going to an Indian restaurant for dinner. I have NO IDEA what to order there at all. Appetizers all seem to be deep fried, the mains are looking to be curry based..it's a little scary. Then it's a friend of mine's birthday party (I feel like I typed this already sometime). She didn't want to invite my boyfriend because she's paranoid and thinks he's avoiding her (they were friends before I met either of them), and this is not the case. So there's the potential for an awkward moment or a few. And the fact I don't have work on Sunday will mean I will be less concerned about getting home early, and therefore will have to plan my drinks carefully!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:18 AM   #58  

Kawaii Didn't see your post, we posted at almost the same time! Sorry about your chocolate binge but it's good to hear a chat with your mum has you feeling a little better! I hope you manage to have a good day tomorrow - cleaning up is always quite therapeutic!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:46 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Are you a spa type, Rainbow? A good manicure or pedicure seems to lift my spirits every time. It is relaxing, makes me feel a bit prettier, and something about taking the time solely for myself helps me feel better too.

Casey- Don't think of it as cheating.. It is just tweaking your method a bit. I have a couple of friends that do the calorie cycling with decent results. Can't hurt to try for a short period anyway.

I can identify with those of you in a funk. I'm wide awake at nearly 2 AM, so I'm betting tomorrow will be a bit rough too. On the positive side, my office AC was fixed by the end of the day so at least I don't have to worry about being uncomfortable tomorrow.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:42 AM   #60  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm so bad at joining in on these weekly chats haha. Being the klutz that I am, I totally took a topple down the stairs on Sunday night and my tailbone has been bruised and angry every since, but I'm proud of myself because instead of laying around and whining like I'd usually do, I've actually been keeping up with my workouts. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred + some walking on rest days, and I'm going to move onto Level 2 in the next couple of days, so yay.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote