Old 11-01-2010, 07:01 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Happy November! I'm starting the new month out by taking the day off work lol! I feel very guilty about it, but it is my last PTO day that isn't already being used between now and the end of the year and today seemed as good as any to put it to use. I am vowing to enjoy it!

I didn't do a very good job of staying on plan this weekend. Back on with tracking today. I plan to kick things into ultra high gear this month!

I have to be sure to stay on plan while i'm sitting around the house today since ususaly at work I only have what i brought in to even consider eating....

Maybe I'll do some Christmas shopping today....
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Linds I am taking the day off as well. But it's because I am not feeling well. I always feel guilty too, even if I am sick. Doesn't it suck being the responsible one? lol

KC You are ridiculously cute! Your eyes are beautiful! You make a great Marilyn

Rainbow Congrats on your jog.. You are doing great You are going to be a full blown runner this time next year!!

I'm glad it's a new month. I did not lose a single lb in October. (I actually lost 2, but they came right back the next week and have stayed ever since) Although that literally makes me want to cry I'm not going to. This always happens and I always give up. I have promised myself I am going to do it this time and that is exactly what I am going to do.

I really need to go buy a measuring ribbon. I'm hoping that will help motivate me. I am convinced I have lost inches as I went down a jean size, yet the scale didn't budge.

I have probably been a little more lineant with my calories than I should be. Starting today, I am getting strict again. No more than 1300 calories, even on the weekends.

I'm starting back the 30DS tomorrow. I am just going to start over on level 3. I was 3 days in, but I have taken 4 days off as I have been feeling under the weather. So that is my plan. Surely, if I don't see a drop in the scale this month, I will at least get rid of some inches!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #18  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Rainbow- I dont want to give up but it sometimes feels like nothing works. I would just like to know whether eating less will help me lose and eating more make me gain! But even that isnt certain any more and it does start to do my head in after a while. I'm sure my body is perfectly happy to keep the fat left for babies/famine/long travels across the savannah but its just not going to get to have that say! As for date nights, we do the usual movies, dinner, whatever but we also go on grabone.co.nz and find cheap trips out- we've been dolphin and whale watching, to Tiri, harbour bridge climbing, all for cheaper than usual! Its a good way to get ideas as well And well done on the run!

Krampus- I havent actually been measuring. In my last plateau I didnt so I havent bothered this time but maybe tomorrow I will take some and see if anything is going on. It is funny how those comments mean more! I guess because they dont have an invested interest in us

Casey- hope you feel better soon!

Kawaii- i think its doable too! Good on you for getting back on track. Those pictures are super cute! Looks like you had lots of fun.

I better be off to the gym since I have my personal trainer today. Not much else to report for me today, maybe I'll have more to say when i get back Im thinking i will just try to stick to my plan as closely as possible and if it doesnt work...try something else xD
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Just completed D1L3 of 30DS. Ok I personally thought this level was extremely hard. I have heard over and over again that Level 2 was harder than 3. But Level 3 to me was extremely hard, in fact, I kind of had an emotional breakdown during the full sit up part...I'm not using any excuses but they said it would take a while to redevelop my abdominal muscles after they had been cut...but I couldn't even do ONE sit up..the reg. crunches I can do with ease but sitting all the way up I was bawling by the time I got done with it because I couldn't even get the strength to do one! I feel like I wasted so much time on the 30DS but I guess I will continue to do Level 3 until I get through it. Besides that I'm still weighing in at 178.0, I'm trying to hold onto hope that this plateau breaks soon! Hope all yall have had a good day! Hopefully its not too cold to go walking tonight.
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #20  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls!! I just had to share that my Flo costume won me a 1/2 day off with pay from work. YAY!!!!!!
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Almost 3 PM on a Monday, I think I have it in me to be optimistic at this point

Had a decent weekend, tired of pregnancy hormones making me an emotional nut job, staying busy and eating well. I'm still maintaining, not gaining, which is perfectly ok at this point.

The same day we found out I was pregnant, we found out my mother will have to have more surgery for an assumed cancerous spot on her lung (three years ago she was diagnosed with metastatic renal cell carcinoma after her hip spontaneously shattered and underwent 6 back to back surgeries from November to January). That isn't helping my emotional state all that much, obvs. It is hard to stay entirely optimistic with that looming.. she meets with a surgeon tomorrow to schedule the surgery and get more details. It is hard too because we work together, and while I can't imagine how it must feel to be in her shoes and I'm not going to begrudge her her moods or emotions, it is very taxing to be working in such an emotional environment.

Anyway. Just had to get that out. I keep busy to keep my mind busy.. I'm actually looking forward to dragging stuff out of my guest room closets tonight to organize and consolidate to one, slowly but surely creating a nursery out of the other. I'm making a super veggie laden stir fry for dinner and definitely looking forward to that.. the baby seems to have me craving salads and fresh fruits too, what a good little guy!
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #22  

anyone watching Portia on Oprah today??
Old 11-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Ack, I forgot about that Linds! We were watching Ellen.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #24  

It is very interesting to hear about her battles with her weight!
Old 11-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Kawaii You look cute! Sorry your boyfriend is awol...that must be hard - is there no way at all you can contact him? I think it's good you're focusing on exercise and looking after yourself in the meantime!

Linds Day off work yay! I wish I could take days off but seeing as I only work 3.5 and don't have leave days as such, I can't really take it off as I need the money! Hope your eating went to plan. Did you do any Christmas shopping? I still can't handle the thought of starting!

casey Thanks! I'm not sure about becoming a full blown runner haha, that is a little scary! I am enjoying the jogging a lot, but it is still hard! I really hope you feel better soon! Maybe the weight is not budging/coming off slower because you're pretty close to your goal?

Icon Haha, trips across the savannah. Fair enough. I really hope you find something that works and gets the weight budging again! I'm sure you can do it! Thanks for the date type ideas - they sound like some good ideas! I often look at 1dayout.co.nz (I think that's what it's called, they do similar deals). I think at the moment I'm going to have to wait until my boyfriend finishes his thesis before planning any day trips or anything.

JL Eeeep! I didn't realise 30DS was so hard, I'm still on the edge as to whether I want to start it, that kind of scares me hah! But good on you for seeing it through! I'm sure your weight will start to drop soon!

jenn Congrats on your half day off work prize! That's awesome! You did look pretty great!

Amanda I'm sorry to hear about your mother requiring more surgery, that must be extra tough on top of your stresses - but way to go on the veggies and salads! That little baby inside of you is starting off life with good cravings haha!

~Nothing much new from me (being that I only posted a little more than 12 hours ago and I've been asleep hehe). Still feel pretty good about my jogging. I never never never thought I'd be able to do it let alone enjoy it. I am boggled every time I do it. Have my Zumba class after work today. My legs are sore from yesterday so I'm hoping I can do it! Last week I was extra clumsy and nearly tripped myself up - I'm just hoping I can get through it and give it some good energy, I am pretty tired!
I've set myself the unenviable task of cleaning up the room at my boyfriend's where I keep my clothes and stuff. I'm planning on doing it tomorrow morning but I'm dreading it so so so much. It's his sister's room (she lives in Australia) and so there is still a lot of her stuff in there, some of his mum's clothes in the wardrobe, and a whole bunch of his annoying bike stuff - tyres, parts, pedal bits, random stuff - EVERYWHERE. Add to that my mess - I have a really bad habit of just taking clothes off and leaving them on the bed or throwing them onto these shelves in the wardrobe. It is basically a huge mess and half the clothes are too big anyway so I need to sort through them. Urgh. I am dreading it.
I also want to get to my studio tomorrow...well, maybe not quite want, but I should. We'll see. Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Casey, thanks! that always happens to me too... the scale stops moving and i give up... hopefully we can both stay on track this month! and if you lost a jeans size, then trust in that!!

jenn, that's awesome! haha...

Amanda, hang in there!!

Rainbow, no, i have no way of contacting him he doesn't have a home phone, only cell, and obviously that's not working. i've been to his house several times, but it's in another city and we always drove from the station and there's no way i can remember how to get there on my own... so i just hope he will somehow mysteriously reappear! (then i will yell at him a lot..!)

as for me, i started 30DS last night! omg... i was crying by the end of it! and only level 1!! haha... hopefully i can stick to it... will try to do it again tonight. also, i am joining you ladies on the TOM wagon... yay! weighed myself this morning and was up from yesterday, but i shall blame it on TOM for now and try to not weigh myself until next week. have a good day all!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Good afternoon! I'm just going to jump right in...I kind of quit the weekly chat when school started...and I have a hard time keeping up. So this is my attempt (gonna skip personals on this initial post...hoping I don't fall so far behind that it becomes the norm).
Bad weekend. Long story short, my dad was in the hospital, but he's out and seems to be okay now. Hospital food is not diet friendly (you think it would be). On Friday I sucked it up and just ate it because it was unexpected and there was no room for planning. On Saturday, though, I came armed with frozen dinners and 100 calorie packs. Last week I finally got out of my rut. I lost 9 lbs from 7/1/10-8/26/10. Then I fought with two pounds until the end of October. I FINALLY had a good, solid loss of 5.2 lbs last week, bringing me to 12.2 lbs lost. So I feel really good, like I'm back on track. I got the GoWear Fit, and although I'm attended Weight Watchers Meetings, I'm calorie counting. It seems to be working better for me. So that's where I am at. I saw 169 on my personal scale last week (before the hospital adventure), and that is my "normal" weight for my height, so that is encouraging (not changing my ticker...that's based on WW weigh-ins, which take place at 4pm...but I do keep a graph in my calorie counting journal of my "personal" scale weigh ins...naked, in the morning, after using the toilet! lol). Anywho, for those of you that remember me from before, hi again! For those of you that don't, hello for the first time!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hello ade ! I think I remember seeing you around but not having any interaction with you - did you have a haircut/is that a new sidebar pic?
I'm sorry your Dad was in the hospital, I know how hard that can be in terms of planning eating when it's something unexpected! You did so good to plan and bring your own food though! I'm glad he's out and is hopefully ok as well! It sounds like you're doing well and have found a plan that seems to have your weight dropping, that's awesome. What's a GoWear Fit?
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

hiya ade, i'm kind of a noob here so we haven't met. how's your dad now? good luck for your next weigh-in! stepping on the scale at 4pm sounds like such a bad idea to me... lol! although, maybe it's not so bad since it's long after lunch and before supper...
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #30  

Rainbow- eating was on plan today! Made it to the gym as well. I attempted Christmas shopping and it was a huge FAIL! I couldn't find anything!

Ade- sorry to hear about your dad!