3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   NSV - Thighs no longer touch when I walk! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/215862-nsv-thighs-no-longer-touch-when-i-walk.html)

krampus 10-26-2010 09:22 PM

NSV - Thighs no longer touch when I walk!

I spent many summers applying lotion to my inner thighs in the hopes that they would stop rubbing together and getting irritated and chafing. I stressed out when the weather got warm and I wanted to stop wearing hose to work. And I always hated seeing photos of myself because my damn thighs were so big.

The days of "curse these thighs" are limited and the end is near, 20-somethings!

GradPhase 10-26-2010 09:43 PM

I cannot ever, ever imagine this happening to me. I can't ever imagine wearing a skirt or dress comfortably, either. It seems SO alien, more than anything else weight-loss related.

I *imagine* though, that you must feel so completely liberated!

krampus 10-26-2010 09:48 PM

I thought the same! My thighs are still proportionally big compared to other people but now they're big and muscular instead of just big and floppy.

This is recent. I'd say the not-touching happened below 135 lbs. I don't have a visible gap when I stand or anything like that, but I don't have to worry about wearing skirts or dresses anymore.

cat eyes 10-26-2010 10:13 PM

waiting to see that day =/

audri8301 10-26-2010 10:36 PM

That's awesome, congrats! I can't even imagine what that is like.

KenzideRhae 10-26-2010 10:47 PM

My thighs are very late to this whole losing weight party, but I have hope that they'll stop touching one of these days! Seriously though, I swear the outsides of my thighs got smaller and more muscular but the insides are just stubbornly staying as they've always been.

LiannaKole 10-26-2010 11:16 PM

What a great NSV! I can't WAIT to be at that stage myself. :)

Thanks for sharing! Now I'm super excited to be around 130 (not that I wasn't before, but still).

KenzideRhae: My thighs did almost the same thing. The outsides are more muscular, the insides...aren't. Or, at least the inner parts at the top aren't. The three inches above my knee don't rub uncomfortably at all, and when I sit or stand my knees touch first (thus a tiny, centimeter or two sized gap!!) But those dang upper thighs are still way flabby. Grrr.

KawaiiCandie 10-26-2010 11:20 PM

btw, what does NSV mean?

that's great Krampy.. i can't imagine that ever happening... i also never wear skits in the summer cuz i get "hotter" instead of getting cooler... meh.

krampus 10-26-2010 11:29 PM

"non-scale victory." I didn't know what it meant until yesterday, haha!

SweetyKins 10-27-2010 12:32 AM

oh man, this has always been the dream for me too! I hate it when my inner thighs rub. I try to work out that area every time I go to the gym and it just doesn't seem to change. I'm getting closer thought too. When I was in the 160s they were definitely rubbing now that I have gotten into the 140s again it seems to be much better.

katy trail 10-27-2010 12:43 AM

:):carrot::dizzy::carrot:so happy for you! and jealous haha. this unfortunately is probably a dream for me. although my thighs already touch alot less, more muscle. i'll always have these huge knees. i remember really hating them, or at least being annoyed that they are bigger than other people's knees as a little kid. i was normal weight. now it's not such a big deal. maybe there's something good about it. i rarely ever have knee pain, never have any problems. maybe the way i'm built makes it less likely to get injured.
as for my toe nails that grow up. yes vertically, it's just random. i still haven't found a reason for it. only the big toe is normal looking.

GradPhase 10-27-2010 01:30 AM

Funny that you mention big knees - I also have big knees but never really thought twice about them until a particularly frustrating episode of "What Not To Wear" came on, with a lady who kept going on and on about her "ugly knees" that looked pretty similar to mine.

..I keep them covered more, now. And that makes me very sad.

ETA: I also have nails that grow up. Toes and fingers. My big toes, thumbs and index fingers are "normal" but the rest grow up. Funny. Must be a genetic thing?

KenzideRhae 10-27-2010 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiannaKole (Post 3540086)
What a great NSV! I can't WAIT to be at that stage myself. :)

Thanks for sharing! Now I'm super excited to be around 130 (not that I wasn't before, but still).

KenzideRhae: My thighs did almost the same thing. The outsides are more muscular, the insides...aren't. Or, at least the inner parts at the top aren't. The three inches above my knee don't rub uncomfortably at all, and when I sit or stand my knees touch first (thus a tiny, centimeter or two sized gap!!) But those dang upper thighs are still way flabby. Grrr.

It's the inner, top parts of mine too haha. They're huge at the top and kind of taper off as you go further down my thigh. I still wear shorts and skirts above the knee because to be showing the parts of my thighs that bug me would be more than a little indecent, but it's still annoying. XD

SeaWave 10-27-2010 08:41 AM

I don't know if I'll ever get to this point - my thighs are the size my waist was in my 30's! But I'll keep working at it, because I see posts like yours. It's so great when your hard wok pays off in such an obvious way - congratulations!

ToriJ 10-27-2010 11:25 AM

Awesome! Congrats! :) I am looking forward to this as well along with being able to cross my legs comfortably! :P