Old 10-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #16  
Soon to be Greek Goddess

S/C/G: 205/180/145

Height: 5'7

I wear bike shorts under my dresses sometimes, keeps the ol thighs from chaffing lol

What's that saying, 2 hippo's fighting under a dress. LOL

Last edited by Saphellae; 10-23-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Saphellae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #17  
Motivated Chick!

S/C/G: 224/224/200

Height: 5'2"

Clothes... When my old jeans were starting to fall off of me, I finally decided to buy some new clothes. I was so surprised to fit into size twelve jeans. I didnt buy much, just two pairs of jeans and two shirts, but they make me feel better about myself.

I also went into my storage area and took out some old jeans from when I was 19-20. They are still very tight, but I think I can see a future, where they will fit well...

Baggy clothes, is super motivating to me.

I can't wait until these new clothes are baggy
miriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:00 PM   #18  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanheltangia View Post

Greenteayum, Most of my weight is in my belly, "love" handles, and boobs, which is a bit odd, like a partially inflated volleyball with limbs, haha. I've got no problem comparing sizes, I have one generous size 14 that are on the verge of being comfortable, but I probably should be in a 16, the two I have are just looser than I like. Most of the pants I have now are in the larger sizes though... Ugh! Isn't it horrible trying to find a pair that is long enough for your legs? I found a pair of 16s labeled tall, and those things will stay with me until the end, I swear, even if they are so baggy that they bulge under my belts! Just because they are the perfect length, If only there was a brand that catered to the long legged, no butt, big-waisted crowd. I'm starting to "feel" my hips bones, but I have a few sizes of pants left to lose until I reach my hip-pant-size limit.
Ugh, I have the same problem trying to find pants that are long enough and big enough. Apparently, the retailers think women can either ONLY be a size 0 and tall, it's frustrating. I have the hardest time finding work pants- But I've learned that if I get pants with a decent cuff on the bottom, I can just undo the cuff and it will add an extra inch or two.

Also, I have had the best luck with Maurices jeans. They're fairly cheap and they constantly have coupons/sales for them. They are the only ones actually long enough that cater to my thighs. I think off-sale they run about $29, but I usually get them for around $20 with discounts. I'm pretty sure they even sell them online now.

I have tried altering some of my own pants. I thought, 'how hard could it possibly be?' That was a horrible, horrible mistake, but then again, I am certainly no seamstress. I took a pair of my old size 18's that were about 2" too baggy and took about an inch from the waist. It looked like a little kid made the alterations- my butt was uneven, and it looked like I just pinched the waistband together, it was all bunched up. Next time, I'll have a professional do them.
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #19  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I have the exact opposite problem: I put on a lot of weight within a few months, because I was basicaly stuck in bed due to an accident. Instead of buying new clothes, I decided to lose weight. I've lost 48 pounds and my jeans are just starting to get loose. I no longer unbutton them, but I don't even need a belt! It is infuriating, actually. I recently went shopping and the clothes that fit me better are the same size as the ones I have. Isn't that just wrong? Yes. Yes, it is. I don't even have pictures to compare... So, I think that you should enjoy it.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:30 PM   #20  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I am a very clothes-conscious person and I HATE THIS. I've watched the military trend (which I really love!) come and go and I can't buy any clothes because it's not in my budget and I want to wait until I get to goal size.

Yes I'm happy I'm shrinking. No, I'm not happy wearing clothes that fit me 25 lbs and 2 sizes ago.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:50 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

i think that stopping yourself from buying new clothes cuz "you're not there yet" can be a little bit of a damper on your weight loss progress... especially if you are close to your goal, like krampy. buying new smaller clothes is such an awesome feeling. you don't have to go crazy, but one or two new items every step of the way sure can feel nice. i'm actually guilty of buying stuff too small cuz i kept thinking "i'll fit in them in just a month or so" and you know what? that never happened... so i'm a firm believer in dressing the body you have NOW.

i do get the sucky feelings of too big pants and all that though... so annoying. especially in my situation where i CANT buy pants in japan... meh.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #22  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I am getting some pieces that fit, but I'm saving the big shopping spree for when I'm closer to where I want to go. I bought a hoodie at Uniqlo yesterday in a size SMALL which feels AMAZING!

Last edited by krampus; 10-25-2010 at 10:12 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Even though at my highest weight I could barely squeeze into my size 8 petites...i still managed to do it. Even when I have been as low as 127 I was still between a size 6-8. My size just doesn't change drastically...its really weird/annoying. I am comfortablly in a size 8p right now and even at my goal I will probably be between a 6-8. I guess as long as I feel good abotu the way my body looks I should worry about it too much.
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaYum View Post
Ugh, I have the same problem trying to find pants that are long enough and big enough. Apparently, the retailers think women can either ONLY be a size 0 and tall, it's frustrating. I have the hardest time finding work pants- But I've learned that if I get pants with a decent cuff on the bottom, I can just undo the cuff and it will add an extra inch or two.

Also, I have had the best luck with Maurices jeans. They're fairly cheap and they constantly have coupons/sales for them. They are the only ones actually long enough that cater to my thighs. I think off-sale they run about $29, but I usually get them for around $20 with discounts. I'm pretty sure they even sell them online now.

I have tried altering some of my own pants. I thought, 'how hard could it possibly be?' That was a horrible, horrible mistake, but then again, I am certainly no seamstress. I took a pair of my old size 18's that were about 2" too baggy and took about an inch from the waist. It looked like a little kid made the alterations- my butt was uneven, and it looked like I just pinched the waistband together, it was all bunched up. Next time, I'll have a professional do them.
Hey guys, I have the same problem as well, 5'11 and apple shaped. I actually work at maurices, I moved to a new town and figured it would be the best place for me (40% discount hehe) and if you have coupons for discounts or shop the sales rack, Silvers are the way to go. They have a 35" inseam, which for me is perfect, and they go up to a 36" waist. I also like them because they stretch a lot after you buy them, it's actually better to buy them a little tight because they seriously stretch SO much after the first couple weeks. I didn't find this out until I started working there and all the other girls told me that I don't buy clothes to fit my body! The maurices jeans are definitely a good alternative for a tight budget, but for some reason those have never fit me right. The crotch is always baggy. I carry all my weight in my stomach and butt though. Congrats on getting down there where you NEED new ones though, and good luck with your search!
stephandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #25  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Oh, don't get me on the military fashion, Krampus, I am so sad that it seems like I missed most of it.

Greenteayum, I only planned on adjusting the really baggy legs at the moment, but I still have to do that research. Why waist time making the legs fit if it looks like you can stuff five to seven cups of mashed potatoes into the butt of jeans? Yeah, I so gave anyone reading this a gross visual, muahahaha Anyway, I'd have to get the ol' sewing machine back from my parents' house to trim down my work shirts anyway (and those are a lot easier for me to adjust!).
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

I really hate the "baggy monster" as it was termed. I don't care about how great the weightloss is, I don't care about how proud I should be, I am a broke student who can't afford to keep replenishing her wardrobe. I do shop in thrift stores when I can, but it still doesn't help or make it easier. I hate hate hate dealing with my clothes getting baggy, and I hate even more having to figure out what size I wear at each step. GRR.
neonwildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #27  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I caved in, got four size 14 longs from walmart and Goodwill'ed the rest.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #28  
Always Wishing!

S/C/G: 153/153/118

Height: 5 foot 6

I am way too new to 3FC to have a baggy monster yet, I have plenty of clothes from the way up though and try not to buy at my high weight because I'm so unhappy with myself, which means right now I'm living in like two pairs of jeans and a lot of leggings, luckily working at a gym requires me to be in workout clothes 90% of the time.

Can't wait to try on all my different jeans as I lose weight though and start fitting nicely into my size 6/7-28s and below!! I somehow just bought a pair of size 5s that fit, but they are clearly a big 7 in reality!
mybigwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

I'm slightly worried that my "baggy problem" is me stretching my jeans vs me growing out of them. But I have HIGH hopes! Sadly I'm only about four lbs lighter than I was when I bought these two pairs last month, so I'm not entirely confident the looseness is fair......
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

My question is how much weight did you lose when you started to notice your clothes getting baggy? I have lost quite a few lbs and SOME of my jeans feel less snug but none of them are quite baggy yet...
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote