Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #106  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

Lose25, I started getting serious about weight loss a month ago. I started calorie counting and lost about 10 pounds just doing that. Then, I started the Accuweight diet about a week and a half ago, and have lost 7 pounds on it so far. I hope to be at my goal weight in a month!

LindsB, you really have to give your body a break every once in a while! My friend is an avid runner--she runs nearly every day, and she told me that it's okay, beneficial even, to give yourself a break every once in a while. It kind of gives your body a chance to catch up with all the hard work you've been doing.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:00 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Lilly- You have made pretty rapid progress for being fairly small to begin with! That's awesome! I am glad I decided to rest. My muscles were still sore so I knew I needed it. I am going to have to buy those weight lifting gloves for the gym because the weights are causing blisters on my hands...i will feel really silly wearing them but I think they are a necessary evil at this point! I plan to have a rest day this weekend too! Probably Saturday or Sunday.

I am down an additional .4 ounces today...can we just go ahead and see a whole new number on the scale please?

I have been doing very well with my calorie counting so far! This weekend will be the "real" test.

We are having a chili/hot dog lunch today at work. I do not plan to eat the food because I have no idea what is in the chili since other people made it. I'll just eat the lunch I brought.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:41 AM   #108  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Thanks for everyones well wishes!

I've managed to nail down a venue where I can have the ceremony and reception, my grandma is just confirming it for me, and she's gonna take care of it! My whole family will be pitching in for food, so Dylan and I mainly have to worry about my dress, his tux, and what our bridesmaids and groosmen are wearing. (and other stuff as well, ie marriage license, commissioner, favors..)

I've come up with a theme too, I've always loved snowflakes and winter, probably because my birthday is Dec 28th hehe. Dylan will be in a white tux, and his groomsmen will be in black, I'll be in white as well with bridesmaids in black, and tableclothes and everything else will be blue and white so it looks kind of like a winter wonderland haha. It will probably look like a high school dance but that's cool. I'm just proud of my innovation at this point.

And man oh man, I need to check in with you guys still because I was in the candy last night. I'm already a little uptight and stressed. It's probably because the bestman said that day would be okay, and his fiance who's my maid of honour told me she would make sure he was there, then my fiance tells me 'you know it would have been nice if we could have done this on a Saturday so Mike wouldn't have to come to our wedding after work' AFTER we confirmed the date was okay.

It would have been nice if he had said that BEFORE I requested the venue date. I told him he could call and change it but he didn't. I think I scared him a bit haha.

I'm up 2 lbs over two days, I gotta watch it :S I know it's not real weight but still... It's probably because I've been sick and eating more comfort foods.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #109  

LindsB, nobody has ever called me small!! I'm glowing a little from your comment. I think the issue is that I've always been very curvy. We're talking like, B cups the second I hit puberty. I actually reached a high of 160 over the summer, maybe even 163. I don't note that in my start weight though, because I wasn't weighing regularly at that point. I see photos from my family vacation over the summer and I'm horrified! I'm determined to have a completely opposite reaction to my Australia photos next semester

StephanieM, you are making such great progress with the wedding planning! I would probably collapse from the pressure. Don't forget to take care of yourself despite all the commotion going on!

I weighed in at 138 this morning, exactly my weight from yesterday. I'm a little annoyed, but I suppose it's better than a gain.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Old 10-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #110  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsB View Post
VERY annoyed. The scale is up .4oz this morning from before TOM. I hate it! It makes me want to give up. It's like I play around with the same 2-3 pounds for a whole month before they are finally gone. I am seriously working my butt of! I feel like it is all for nothing this morning. I'm hoping for a better attitude later
I know!!! It's so crazy that I can do everything that I can (in a healthy way) and it takes a whole month for them to come off! ugh! Mine always seem to come off in the same week, then I have to wait, for another 5-6 weeks where I stall no matter what before I lose more! But I will keep it up because I look in the mirror and love what I see. I have pics of me at my start weight vs now and it's a crazy difference, so I'm glad I didn't give up. I keep telling myself that my healthy habits will catch up to my appearance/scale sooner rather than later. I guess the crazy thing is looking at the transformation in my body over the last 4 months. It's crazy what all the effort can do even though I spend a lot of the time feeling frustrated and that nothing's working!

hang in there It is worth it!

Last edited by pinkflower; 10-29-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5í7"

lose25, iíve been at this since january. i lost 23 pounds fairly steadily jan-may, then i went on a 10-day vacation. i gained 5 pounds back after vacation, which was mostly water weight, and maintained around 150 lbs till july. I got back on track in july, and iíve lost a devastating 6 pounds july-now. its been REALLY annoying. but iím still here, and still trying. iíve tweaked things here and there and the weight seems to be moving quicker now. but ya.

lilly, youíre just trucking through those 130s! love it! youíre going to rock those australian photos

linds, as far as drinking saturday, i drink tall vodka sodas (approx 65 cals- one shot of vodka with extra soda water and a squeeze of lime), and I alternate with water. I use tally marks to count how many. BUT, usually my problem is not how many drinks iíve had, itís what i let myself EAT when my inhibitions have been lowered with booze. good luck and i think itís a good idea to eat ur packed lunch and stay away from the chili!!!!

steph, u sure have a lot of planning done!!! itís never easy is it? seems like thereís always something annoying when planning a wedding. the theme sounds pretty tho at least thereís that. careful with that stress eating girl!

pinkflower, youíre so right! iím sooo glad iím here rather than where i started. we all gotta keeeeeep goooooing!

i have been going a little over cals the past 2 nights. about 1600. and iím HUNGRY still at the end of the night. i wonder if thatís my proper calorie number now?? going to see how tonight goes... trying to stay at 1500 FOR REAL. but i weighed in at 148 even though iím suuuuuper sooooore this morning. so thatís encouraging, seeing as how sore=water retention (right?) Off to the gym!
Old 10-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #112  

Lilly- You need to post some pics in your cute sailor costume! AND progress you've been making!

Shasha- slow losing SUCKS! I'm right there with you! Have a good workout!
Old 10-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #113  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

Yup sore=water weight for me too! I give myself unlimited veggies, so if I'm hungry, I'll scarf down raw broccoli/carrots/cucumbers/anything veggie in the fridge. I used to have to choke them down, but now they taste pretty good to me!

I weighed in at 145, thank goodness, and expect to be down more tomorrow because this seems to be my losing week!!
Old 10-29-2010, 09:26 PM   #114  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Pinkflower- Congrats on your loss!
Shasha and Lilly thanks for the thinspiration!
Steph- I am so glad your wedding plans are coming together. It seems like you have lots of help which is great so you can concetrate on other things like your dress and the other small details.

Also everyone try to be good on Halloween!
Old 10-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #115  

Down 1.2 pounds! Woohoo!

Halloween party tonight with booze and snacks. I will eat healthy before and try to stick to my veggie tray as much as possible tonight! I have been saving up extra cals for tonight.

It is not completely out of the realm of possibilities to meet my Thanksgiving goal!
Old 10-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #116  

Congrats to everyone!! You're all doing great. It's what keeps me going, really.

Shasha12, I wish I had the same gym motivation as you and LindsB! I want to get to my goal weight first, and then I'm going to tone up from December to February so I'm not flapping in the wind with flabby parts. I've always tried working out without really dieting, so it didn't really help me lose weight. Now, I'm hoping that since I have my eating habits under control, working out will be effective. It's so great that you're working through the soreness...pain is weakness leaving the body!!

Pinkflower, that's so great that you're losing. Keep us posted!

LindsB, we'll see about posting a photo! I'm still really nervous about that. So glad the scale is moving!! I really think you can make your goal by Thanksgiving.

I am AGAIN stuck at exactly 138. This would be the third day in a row. My TOM should have come yesterday, but I'm not 100% regular so I'm not really surprised. It should be coming any day now. This better be why I stopped losing all of a sudden...
Old 10-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #117  

pinkflower, thanks! good idea about unlimited veggies. i have baby carrots i could be scarfing when hungry... i should try that. ahh to see 145! congrats, hope you’re down today

lose25, just wondering... how tall are u?

linds, have fun at the party! like pinkflower said, chew on veggies!

lilly, i’ve been stuck at 148 for 2 or 3 days now so i feel ya. nothing more annoying than the scale refusing to budge, eh? but sounds like TOM is def the reason in ur case! i like that plan of losing then toning, just keep in mind that it takes about 8-12 weeks of lifting weights till u see some definition. try not the get too discouraged if u don’t see much change in the mirror at first.

i had an annoying evening, and was at about 1200 calories when my honey got off work. so we picked up a 6pack and had some halloween candy. probably another 600-800 calories from that little indulgence, but i weighed in at 148 again. makes me think that i would have weighed in lower if i hadn’t indulged. kinda sucks! but, i feel good about not going crazy, and i’m happy that i didn’t weigh in heavier. still suuuuuper sooooore in the legs too, so there’s still some water retention! if anything, the beer and candy gave me more motivation to keep at it.

headed downtown tonight for some halloween fun! i’m the dd so i know i’ll be good. everyone have a good night and be safe!
Old 10-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #118  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Linds and pinkflower congrats on your weight loss!

Shasha my height is a funny story. Ever since the age of 16 i have thought i was 5'7 and kept telling everyone that. Until i joined a new gym 2 months ago and the lady told me i was actually 5'6. I kept telling her she made and mistake, but in the end i was 5'6 lol. It sucked realizing it. Its like thinking your 12 years old but really your 13.

Lilly no worries. If your on veggie day maybe thats why. Keep at it!
As far as halloween goes i have decided to stay home and skip all the parties. I dont feel that its worth it. I know myself and i know i wil get out of control and i dont have that much control as far as food goes yet.

HAppy halloween everyone and have lots of fun on my behalf!
Old 10-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #119  

lose 25 LOL how funny! i used to think i was 5’7” too, but a friend who really is 5’7” told me no way, and it turns out i’m 5’6 and 1/4”! People aways tell me i look taller though. i remember being sorta sad that i wasn’t 5’7”. it just sounds like a sexy height haaha

ok so NSV! i’m dressing up as “the walk of shame” tonight, so i was trying on the one black “clubbing" dresses i have. it looked good, but i decided i need some color. i was in my cousin’s wedding in aug, and wore a pastel blue bridesmaid’s dress that was too small, uncomfortably so... tried it on just now and zipped it all the way up MYSELF! wasn’t even tight!! that means i’ve definitely lost inches even though the stupid scale hasn’t moved much!!!!!!!! woohoo meeee!

i’ve decided that i desperately want to be at 30lbs lost for my friend’s wedding, which is exactly 2 weeks from today. According to this morning’s weigh in, I’d have to lose 5lbs by then to hit 30lbs lost. and i know i’m holding a little water weight... i think i can do it!!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #120  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, everyone! Just came over from the 160s thread. I'm 157 as of this morning, which rocks because on Monday I was about 161. (An unusual loss for me, as I usually lose closer to 1lb or less a week, but I'm not complaining).

I can't wait to be in the 140s! at 149 I'll be a "normal" weight for the first time since... I don't remember.

So, with this thread we just stick around until we're through the 150s and 140s, right? I haven't seen a double decade thread before.

Last edited by LiannaKole; 10-31-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Closed Thread