Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:12 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

I cannot wait to see the 140's again! I still cannot believe that I let myself slip back into the 150's after my wedding in May! I was feeling so good in the 140's...even if it was the high 140's.

I am dying to see a loss at my weigh in on Friday morning since I didn't weigh last week.

For the month of November I am going to weigh every day...that should be interesting, but I am doing it to help myself get over the daily weight fluctuations and be more accountable.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:47 AM   #77  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I love your ticker Linds! It's so cute! Makes me want to make that Atkins friendly pumpkin pie again, yum.

Lilly, I'm just catching up now! I've been on this site for a year (minus four months when I took a break). It took me this long to find something that makes me lose quicker than a few lbs a month haha.

EDIT: Ooh yeah, 148.8 this morning. I was 149.2 yesterday and 148.8 the day before. It's nice to know the loss is real!

Last edited by StephanieM; 10-25-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #78  

Stephanie- Thanks! I was excited to finally get my ticker! You are continuing to make great progress! Awesome! It def. makes me want to consider Atkins a little more, but I just really don't think it is a diet I can maintain long term...I may need to grab the book at the library and see what I think after reading it.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I don't post anything too often but I read all yours everyday... you guys are all doing so good and it's really inspiring for me. Keep up the good work ladies! I'm down 4 lbs from last monday just watching my sugar and carb intake - I've almost completely cut out pop.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #80  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

Stephanie, congraaaats!!

Tonimaroni2, 4 pounds is a lot for a week. Great job!

LindsB, I've been weighing myself every day for about a month and keeping track using this website: http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/comptools.html

I don't follow the Hacker's Diet anymore, but the weight tracking chart is really cool, I think. It's an interesting way of viewing weight loss. I really like visuals, and the graph keeps me motivated because I see the weight going down. You can even put in a goal weight that you want to have by a certain date, and it'll draw a line on the graph to gauge where you should be on any given date to meet that goal.

I'm at 140.6 today! Only down by 0.4, but seeing that 140 is a thrill for me. Still disappointed that I was at this level three days ago and could be lower by now, but i'll take it!

Last edited by LillyLover; 10-25-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:39 PM   #81  

Lilly- Thanks for the website! I'll def. have to check it out!
Old 10-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #82  
Losing the baby weight

Linds, Atkins is a little difficult, but there are so many recipes you can have that taste delicious. I had a mock danish a bit ago, Atkins friendly. It's egg, cream cheese, a bit of vanilla, splenda and cinnamon. It was soooo delicious.

It's high fat, low carb. You just have to eat good, healthy fats.

I won't have to eat like this for ever, closer to goal or at goal I'm going to slowly start increasing carbs. You can even add in fruit, nuts, and healthy grains. It's just you build up to it.

I cheat too. I drink whiskey and diet cokes, it's 0 carb but it slows down the fat burning. I even had a peanut butter cup a few days ago. It's just that you have to spread your cheats out and not let them turn into 'all the time things'

It's a lot of trial and error and balance. It's taken me a year to find a consistant balance.

tonimaroni, congrats on a huge loss! That's epic! 4 lbs in one week! Keep up the work!

Lilly, it's good you can learn to move on from a cheat. Yes it slows us down, but we don't let it slow us down permanently! It'll take longer to get to goal each time it happens and as long as your aware of that, I don't see it being a huge problem
Old 10-26-2010, 12:17 AM   #83  

Thanks, Stephanie!

Well, it's my 20th day on 3FC...can't wait to finally be able to have a ticker!! I've been looking at everyone else's with deep envy
Old 10-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 170/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I dream of being in the 140s! It's funny, because right now I'm at the weight I used to be at while in high school, but my body does NOT look like it did back then :-( Makes me a sad woman. Darn babies will ruin a girl's figure, but they're worth it.

I'm hopping on board this thread...it's nice to stay accountable!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #85  

VERY annoyed. The scale is up .4oz this morning from before TOM. I hate it! It makes me want to give up. It's like I play around with the same 2-3 pounds for a whole month before they are finally gone. I am seriously working my butt of! I feel like it is all for nothing this morning. I'm hoping for a better attitude later
Old 10-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #86  

Welcome, trying2doitall! I think we're a great crowd here, glad to have you

LindsB, I think I'm having the same problem. Weighed in at 140.2, only down like 0.4 from yesterday. My body refuses to let go and just move into the 130s!! My TOM should be coming within the next week...sometimes being a girl stinks.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #87  
Losing the baby weight

Welcome trying2doitall! This thread is great for accountability!

LindsB, what kind of eating program do you follow? I know you work out a ton but diets really are 80% what you eat and 20% exercise. Are you a calorie counter? If so you may want to check that your getting your calories from the best possibly places. I was a calorie counter, but with the wrong foods I wouldn't lose.

Lilly, a loss is still a loss! And a loss before TOM is always nice because there's usually a woosh after it where your weight drops a little more.

Speaking of TOM, I'm tired of having mine. I thought this spotting business would be over with in a couple days but I've had my regular period this month and now this extra one for about two weeks. It's making it hard because I'm getting thin except my tummy and I don't know if it's bloat or if I need to work harder. On a weird note, my fiance and I are getting busy about 3 times more then what we normally do and I've heard guys are attracted to you subconciouslly while your on it because you smell like your in baby making mode haha.

They think the spotting is due to new birth control, but some days it seems like a full out period and I want it to end! It makes me a little grumpy too.

But I'm at 148.4 this morning so I am officially at 46 lbs lost. It's slower because I have little cheats about once a week and I know that will slow me down but I'm cool with that. I'm still losing quicker then before I went on Atkins.

I'm getting weird about my tummy though, paranoid about stretch marks, possibly lose skin, etc. I use bio oil and firming lotion and wear a body shaper at home to hold everything in, in the hopes that if it is loose skin it will get a bit tighter. I heard people who've given birth or had lipo wear body shapers to get their tummy back into place and I did lose a fair amount of weight so I'm thinking I can at least try it.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #88  
Kee

S/C/G: 135/135/120

hey everyone,
I just joined this thread and i am also hoping to be below the 140's.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #89  

Stephanie- I have been doing more of calorie approximating and making sure I am eating healthily, etc. It has worked for me in the past to lose about 1lb per week. I have decided I am going to start counting/writing everything down from now until Thanksgiving and see how that works for me. I think I need to come in around 1,500-1,700 cals per day.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

147.8... Finally the scale loves me again

I wish I could keep up more with you ladies but law school is ruining my life...however its not ruining my waistline and thats all that matters
Closed Thread