Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Wow Stephanie! You totally deserve a new pair of jeans! You are doing GREAT!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:26 AM   #32  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Congrats, Stephanie M!!!

As for me, um, can we say whoooosh? I knew I had been eating a little less than I should lately (I've been pretty busy!) and exercising more and more, but I wasn't expecting this! I kept getting on and off my scale and checking it, but it's been accurate since I've had it, so I don't think it would magically go wonky...

So! It's off to the 130s thread for me! I'm thinking that I'll hit goal in another 10 pounds, but I may adjust my goal when I get there...

Take care, guys! See you in the next thread!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #33  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

I'm going to join you all in here. My current weight is 147. I joined the site at the beginning of the year and had great success with all the support I got. Life got busy with my kids and I didn't have as much time to spend getting on here and I also slacked off a bit on my eating and exercising. Ok, well..I slacked off alot! Thankfully I haven't gained anything back and at least I know now that I won't have any problem maintaining when I'm finally done losing. I plan on starting my running program up again next week in the effort to lose my last 10 lbs or so...
Old 10-19-2010, 10:05 AM   #34  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Height: 5'6"

Ohmygod well done fivestone!!!!!!! O.o
wow!!! can I ask what food/exercise programme you're following?!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #35  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

katylil, I believe she just eats right and does a lot of jogging and walking around the trails near her place

That being said, I have a beautiful large park with awesome trails near my place, I don't know why I don't do that more! My fiance even said he's been going down there walking and it's really nice (I should know, I've been walking those trails since I've been a kid, I grew up just a block away from where we live)

Thanks Fivestone and LindsB! Usually I see lows mid day, but my morning weigh in is the official one. I'm going to need a drum roll here because...

150.2 this morning! I love it when I'm on a roll After only losing 5 lbs a month for MONTHS, it's nice to see my patience is being rewarded now with awesome weight loss! I have a trip up North to see my fiance's family and his daughter in mid Nov. We were last there in July and I had lost 20 lbs since I saw them, his mom noticed and it felt good. I was 166 at the time trying desperately to see 165 (and then later skipped past it completely to 163)

In five more lbs it will be another 20 lbs, so it'd be neat if they noticed again!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:36 PM   #36  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'3"

StephanieM, CONGRATSSS!!! That has to be so exciting!!

Fivestone, I'm hoping to be in your position by Halloween

I weighed in at 144 flat this morning. One pound down!
Old 10-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #37  

Lilly- how is your new diet plan?!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #38  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Thanks, guys!!!

StephanieM, you are absolutely right about my diet plan. I was so, so, so sick of how I was looking and how uncomfortable I felt inside my own skin, so I decided that I had to change, no matter what! I don't really count calories -- I sort of mentally keep an idea of them in my head. I started changing the way I cook. I am a fairly new wife (married just over a year), and I'm a housewife, so I had time to experiment and find healthy, but tasty recipes. (I NEVER cooked before I got married. OK, maybe once a year.) And obviously, the housewife schedule is very conducive to getting in plenty of exercise.

I have a fair amount of housework and other necessary things to do, but I can pretty much -- most of the time -- work in exercise very often... and I do love the trails near my house. I can see the mountains and beautiful valleys and it's hard not to want to go as often as I can! The air is so fresh, and the people you meet along the trail so friendly.

Another thing about the food is working in veggies as much as I can, with lean meat or beans added. I often switch up styles -- mexican, asian, traditional austrian/german dishes with a bit of a healthy twist. My husband loves that they're healthy, yet taste good, and along with the exercise he gets walking to the train, and walking to work from the train station (and riding the stationary bike here at home), he's lost about 40 pounds since May, as well.

I'm not going to say that I don't have my treats, but I'm more than happy to jump out on the trail or run through our town to offset the indulgence. It can be even something as simple as walking to the ATM, the post office, and to the market and then walking back the long way up the hill. And, of course, the more progress I see, the more I want to make...

But yes. I do have more time at my disposal than someone who works a lot of hours or has kids (I used to work 10-11 hours a day in construction work, as a welder/pipefitter, and if it weren't such physical labour, I never would have managed to work in exercise!) But now, my lifestyle is different, and I'm now using that to my advantage, instead of just sitting around eating and watching TV after doing housework (although I never really imagined myself being a housewife, after doing such physical, "manly" work... it took a while, but I've learned to enjoy being more domestic!)

Anyway, thank you guys for all the inspiration you have provided. I'm not kidding when I say that coming in here and seeing all the progress you've made keeps me motivated, especially when I've wanted to fall back into my old habits. I really like this thread especially, because I feel like it gave me that big push I needed to move really close to my goal. In fact, this thread is a lot more active than the 130s thread, so I still might lurk around just to see the progress that you guys are making.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #39  

LindsB, my diet is going pretty well! I really don't feel hungry, which I find impressive. I am also maintaining a pretty good energy level, which I was worried about. I've had two days where all I can have is milk and yogurt, but tomorrow is a vegetable day, and I'm excited to be able to eat "real" food!

Fivestone, what a great story! It's so inspirational, and I really can't wait to get back into the 130s [and maybe even the 120s!]. Do stick around, your encouragement is appreciated!
Old 10-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #40  

OMG fivestone congratulations on the weight loss!! And I see everyone else is doing great as well.. I am avoiding the scale these last few days.. I guess I'll see if I made any progress first thing tomorrow morning..
Old 10-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #41  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

fivestone, the reason you inspire me so much is that you were heavier than I was when we first met but have just zoomed past me over the months. I feel like I have someone to try and keep up with and it keeps me going! I know I don't want to be as light as some of you here (I'm getting kinda bony as it is, and I'm naturally curvy), but seeing you all progress makes me feel like we're all running along a road together.

I asked a girl on here to be an accountability buddy with me once, and she gave up once she saw the 160's. I pleaded with her to stay and keep at it and it made me really sad to see her go. (I've seen her lurking around since and unfortunately she's at a higher weight then before) Ever since then I've been scared of accountability buddy commitments. What if they leave me again?

That's why this thread is so great, and why I love you guys so much!

LillyLover, I know the diet your talking about, I lurk the bead diet thread all the time because I'm curious about peoples experiences and how they react (I spent a day going through the whole thing when I first started lurking). It fascinates me, but it's not for me personally. I'm glad your doing well on it though! I hope it works out for you

Oooh, and I got jeans today. I got three pairs, one in 29, 30, and 31. According to conversion charts it's between an 8-10. I'm happy with that, an 8 is good enough for me! I was a 13+ when I started out. I didn't want to have to start shopping in plus sized stores and that's one of the things that got me to turn my life around. I have big hips, so I don't think I'll ever be a size four or anything like that, I'd be happy with just a 8

Last edited by StephanieM; 10-19-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #42  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hi! I haven't posted in here much, but I'm still trying to get out of the 150's! I weighed in at 153 on Friday, I'm hoping to lose a pound by this coming Friday.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #43  

Pint- we are similar sized!!! Welcome!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #44  

142.4 today!! New low!!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #45  

Lilly- that's awesome!!!! Your new diet must be working so far! Honestly I don't think I've seen 142 since my soph year of college...I then at one point was actually all the way down to 127. When I started college I weighed 133....I need to figure out what I want my "final" goal to be, but for now I'll keep it where it is...i suppose.
Closed Thread