Old 10-06-2010, 06:48 AM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default A little vent about the "I go to the gym all the time" girls

This probably doesn't apply to any of you here . But I'm getting annoyed with some of Chicks on this base! I've lost a lot of weight, obviously. I don't have the time or the desire to do Crossfit or Bodypump or whatever is hip these days. I DO exercise but I do Pilates and strength training and walk my butt off without a structured class. To each their own, right?

What I DO have is a very structured eating plan that works for me. I don't cheat. I am never hungry. But I don't eat food that I consider junk.

I was at a meeting tonight and was getting a LOT of negativity thrown at me for the way I do things. It was insane! These girls are mad because they work out all the time and don't lose weight and I can be 'LAZY' and drop the lbs. I'm far from lazy #1. Don't stand there shoving a pizza in your mouth and try and school me on the way to stay healthy .

I'm too nice to say anything back at them... but SERIOUSLY. You can do TaiBo Extreme Yoga Booty Strenth Cross Train Zumba class for 8 hours a day and if you come home and drink your tail off and eat 3 Big Mac meals with extra cheese you're NOT going to lose weight. Sorry that you're mad at me ladies but exercise is only part of it... and it's not even the biggest part of it at that!

How dare you call me lazy! This is the most UNLAZY thing I could ever do for myself. Put down the cookies, pick up an apple or a cucumber... ANYTHING else. But don't call me lazy.

Thank you,
Rant over.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/152/125

Height: 5'2

Haha, you go girl! I'm pretty sure there are studies that show that exercise is useful for maintaining, and being healthy (obviously--cardiovascular health etc.) but that diet matters more for losing weight. So keep doing what you're doing. I don't understand these people who work out like 2 hours a day! Of course it's important to exercise but who has time to do that much?? Totally unsustainable in my view... But i would be pissed too if i worked out that much and wasn't losing :-)
rosiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 AM   #3  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

wow they used the word lazy?

I wouldn't even be bothered with these women who are obviously just green with envy. They wish they had the self control like you do to control your diet. The more they are jealous for you the more it should make you feel awesome. I usually use this as fuel to stay motivated and work even harder

You are obviously doing great and looking great for them to be targetting you!
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #4  

Heheehe I always heard that there is cattiness in the women on bases, I haven"t encountered it since I stay off the base! But man what a bunch of not nice people! Love your rant though, it made me giggle.
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Lazy!? Bah. Lazy is not taking the time to do things right, like you are. Get on, girl.
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #6  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

You're winning. If they keep that BS up, remind them that they're not losing weight and you are and you've had 2 kids! a little "nyah nyahh!"
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:18 AM   #7  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Brush the dirt off your shoulders and realize its jealousy. Pure and simple. I believe the quote is something like "Don't hate me because you can't be me". You're obviously doing the right things don't let anyone steal that joy from you.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:26 AM   #8  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Tell them that no one is immune to the laws of thermodynamics. Eat less/better, exercise more. SCIENCE!
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #9  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

I can definitely understand your frustration! What I get frustrated with is people saying they are getting healthy by eating better. That IS part of it but you also have to get your body in shape and help your muscles stay fit. That too is part of it =)

No one should tell another person what will work for them. We all have different ways of getting down in the pounds and as long as we are active and eating right, that's all that matters!

Keep on truckin!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #10  
The journey begins...

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I am glad you have 3FC to vent and know that we understand what you feel. You have willpower and you are doing things to lose weight that work for you. Stick with it!
JillyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like they are totally jealous! You are so NOT lazy, forget those girls! You're doing awesome!!!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, are you on a military base? Are these fellow military spouses? I'm a former USAF wife and some of them are soooo competitive about everything, weight, what you wear, what you drive, where you live, it's crazy! I remember going to like a banquet or family day and felt like they were judging everything. None of them really liked me. Oh well! Although I could never figure out, what's not to like?

Last edited by LindseyLou; 10-06-2010 at 11:09 AM.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #12  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

We know you're not lazy.... YOU know you're not lazy. I even think THEY know you're not lazy! They are trying to devalue your work in order to justify their own insecurity. Don't let it get to you! BTW, your work is paying off in a BIG way and it's obvious! Congrats!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

A fellow military wife?! YAY!

I know what you mean! Some of the women on base can be insanely catty!

I was in a car accident and hubby was deployed. My brother in law drove up to help me get things out of the truck (it was totaled at at a salvage yard) and one of the other wives saw him with me in the car, and made a point of saying, "HEEEY! I saw you the other day. WHO was that MAN in your car? Isn't your husband deployed?!" This woman never, ever talks to me either. A few months later, I was talking with a friend about it and apparently the woman had brought it up at a meeting and my friend had told her about the accident and made the woman look like a turd for gossiping.

Then there was the one who, when she saw I was losing weight, told me to come over because she had all these muffins to get rid of, and she thought my kids could use a little something since I'm "getting so strict" with my diet. LOL!

There will always be negative people, and since it's no fun bringing down another negative person, they have to find the positive people instead!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:35 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Can't work off a bad diet. I'm trying to stop focusing so much on the poundage myself at the moment since it's deterring me from realizing that this is healthy living, that it's for life. I can't be nutso about working out 24/7, especially since I'm back in school now.

I'm glad you strength train. I think more girls need to lift heavy. It's effective as all ****.
Jess7286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #15  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Wow @ The stories about wives on military bases! That is just crazy to me! I guess Army Wives is kinda true huh? LOL Meaning all the women that are always catty to the main five women. =(
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote