Old 10-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Yeah she had him hold 2 cookies while he did the stairs so by the time he was done they were a squished up yucky mess. I need something like that for my coffee drinks! Maybe balance it on my head while I do squats or something.

I feel you on the lack of workouts though. If I don't do it right away or right when I think of it I wont do it. If I put it off until later it doesn't happen. That is why I want to workout in the morning but HA! like that is going to happen.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, I didn't do it. I got home around 7:30 and had to catch up my grandpa on Vegas. And then I was too tired. So I went to bed, right? Wrong. I bought a book. I figured I'd read it until ten and get some good sleep. Good idea, right? Wrong, I couldn't put the book down and read the entire thing, until 2am. So today I am seriously dragging. I'm not even going to lie to myself and say "Oh, I'm going to work out tonight." I don't know how people do it. I get up at 5:30 most days. So working out before that just seems nuts. And then I usually don't get home until 7pm (most days) and even as late as 10pm on one day. And I know, these are just excuses. I mean, there is a gym at school, but I don't have a break, and not getting home until 8 or 11 just seems as ridiculous as getting up at 4:30. Ugh. Sorry for the excuse-filled post. I'm just sleeeeeeeeepy. Hope you guys are doing well. Quiet around these parts...exams must be starting...life must be busy!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #18  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

I left some Kixs from lunch for me to eat before I hit the store, I was good, thanks for the reminder .

I made a rice and broccoli dish last night that's 3pts per serving, turned out a little bland because I didn't quite follow the instructions (I don't have a set of measuring spoons - they're still boxed up at my folks' house, ), I knew I should have had a heavier hand with the hot sauce and seasonings. But with that, I am back on the food "wagon" and moving forward.

Ugh, I did that over the weekend, Ade, I literally read until the sun came up sunday morning, haha. I kind of love being sucked into a book though. I hope your day goes easy and that you can grab some Zs soon. I keep thinking I should get up early to do the workout thing too, but eeeee... I'm with you on not wanting some crazy morning wakeup time.

Well, I got to work on my resume and apply to a job that's just come up, so I'll be a bit more scatterbrained than usual for a while.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #19  

Good! I buy everything if I'm hungry. Glad you are back on the food "wagon"!
I like being sucked into books, too, but I should have known better than to get it, on a school night, with so much school work. Oh well, you live, you learn (it's a trilogy, so I probably didn't learn...).
Old 10-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #20  
Warning 3FC Addict

Trilogy, you say... I am curious...

I'LL NEVER LEARN, Muahahaha!!!
*runs off to hug her books*
Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #21  
Warning 3FC Addict

That's it.

If it's not fruit, veggies, "fresh"/raw meat, beans, somen noodles, or rice, it is not going into my grocery cart.

I'm tired of tripping up. It's time to do this.

I hope you all are having an easier food-week than this lady.
I need a swift .
Old 10-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #22  

I'm having a hard time, too, zan. Good plan. And I love the kick in the butt thing. So funny!!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #23  

I guess I am lucky but I usually don't have a hard time shopping at all. I am not tempted by things I can't have. I just make my list and I don't get anything else. I saw a tip somewhere on 3fc to make lists and only buy what's on the list even if you remember you need milk and forgot to put it on the list. I guess their reasoning is if you can break you list rule for something you need you will find a way to break it for something you don't need too.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #24  

My problem is the impulse moments. I decide I want a coffee drink and off I go to get one. I don't know what the deal is lately but I have like no self control.

I am having a totally crappy day. I don't think I mentioned it but a couple weeks ago I noticed a huge scrape on the back bumper of my brand new car. over $400 to fix so I said screw it, it can stay that way. Well that weekend I was on the highway and a rock chipped my windshield. Today that chip went from a chip to 3 cracks. It totally ruined my day. I have a history with cars that constantly need repair (not from anything I did) so I am just not handling the fact that my brand new car which shouldn't be costing me much of anything for years to come already has almost $1000 in damage. I completely came unwound. I called my mom crying and ended up venting about like every issue in my life! Obviously TOM is on the way. But I have been pretty stressed out lately and the crack was just my tipping point. I am going to go for a run here in a few minutes. I am sure I will feel at least a little better afterward. I really need to be more consistent on my workouts. I really do feel so much better when I am working out on a regular basis.

I hope you all had a better day.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #25  
Warning 3FC Addict

Actually, what brought about the restricted grocery list was that I had binged on my usual plan items the night before (individual wrapped 2pt chocolate biscotti and 4pt choco-granola bars, they were "treats" that I used to keep in my closet/pantry for the rare chocolate hit). So they would have been on my list anyway. , but that's alright, I have to learn what food triggers change from time to time. I've gotten better at impulse since I started this, I just took a few days off last week, and managed to set myself back 3 or 4 pounds, but now I know what my previous "got to have" foods taste like now, and now they aren't as tempting.

I hope you can get your windshield fixed before it gets worse, Kay.

Well, it looks like I'm going to be getting a new-to-me vehicle this weekend. My brother just rear ended someone and had to get his car scrapped to pay for a tow. That call from my mother freaked the heck out of me! He managed this at a time that my folks had already tied up their funds for the moment, so I'm going to give him my car and get a truck for myself. I had been planning on getting a truck for a while, so I've been saving, but this came out of the blue and launched that into overdrive, so I'll have to downsize my dreams a bit, . That boy freaks me out so often, I swear he's fallin' apart! Sorry, I just needed to vent to someone and you gals are awesome, *takes a series of deep breaths* I guess I am still a bit freaked out.

I'm taking off from work tomorrow and heading down to them this weekend, you all probably won't hear from me until Wednesday or so once I leave work today, I'll miss you! . That's one way to get a long weekend, a way I sure don't want to be using!

Alright, back to work for me.

Side note: I'm kind of glad for my nausea from TOM at the moment, or I'd probably be hittin' up a gas station for chocolate, diet coke, and the Cuban restaurant down the street for some Congri, then again, maybe not as I don't know how much of a funds-dent this is going to cause. I have a feeling that ten-cent ramen is in my future, .

Last edited by zanheltangia; 10-07-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #26  

Yowzers!

Kay - I'm sorry things are going crappy with your car. That must be frustrating! Darn TOM. I'm with you on the lack of self control. I can have only healthy stuff around, but the second I think of something I want, I literally will think about it for DAYS until I have it. It's starting to really get to me. But kudos for you on working out regularly!

zan - Sorry to hear about your brother, but at least he is okay (I'm assuming!). Natural to be freaked out. I hope you have a safe trip! Yay for long weekends, bummer for not getting to be gaming the whole time

I have my weigh in today after my Vegas trip. It's not going to be pretty. But I'm over it. I have a friend staying with me this weekend. Should be interesting.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #27  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies. Sorry I've been MIA the last week or so. I feel like as I get closer to my goal, and things move along slower and slower, it's really hard not to get frustrated and sometimes the only way to deal with that is to try to put the whole weight loss thing on a back burner and not think about it too much. On top of that, school has been insane, and socially things are just not going that well for me right now.

On the plus side, after two weeks of small gains, I finally had a loss, so only two lbs left to go. Another plus is that once I get through the next week of hellishness and exams I'm going home for the weekend (!!!), and then I'll be doing clinical rotations for 8 weeks which will hopefully be a LOT more relaxing.

On the minus side- I've been feeling pretty crappy lately. Just exhausted all the time, and shark week is approaching so I've been starving hungry and craving chocolate pretty much all the time, way worse than normal. Yesterday, after I'd finished with my planned dessert I had another square of chocolate and a Skinny Cow ice cream cup. So I figured I'd run it off this morning, but woke up with a terrible headache and general feelings of digestive malaisie. So I'm taking things slow today, and trying to get as much rest and studying as possible.

It sounds like you guys have been having pretty dramatic weeks.

Kay, I'm sorry to hear about everything with your car! The car I had before this one, a Volkswagen, was breaking all the time, always bizzare things that required multiple German parts to fix, so I can feel your pain. I've also been majorly indulging in coffee drinks lately. I think I've had a Sugar-Free Almond Latte every day this week. I keep telling myself it's a good source of calcium...

Ade, it sound like the trip was a lot of fun. How'd your WI go?

Zan, I hope everything turns out okay with your brother. It's great that you can help him out like this. Lots and lots of deep breaths. Enjoy the time with your family and have a safe trip!

Okay, back to the books...
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:23 AM   #28  

Congrats on your loss, coh! I'm sorry you are feeling crappy. I can relate with school (although I'm sure yours is much more difficult). I literally have a paper due and test every week for the next ten weeks. So I'm kinda freaking out. But you know what? We will get through this!!! My trip was tons of fun...tons of food (did I mention we ate at a chocolate restaurant?)...tons of alcohol...and I didn't drink enough water when I got back, didn't have enough fresh vegetables, and had a lot of frozen dinners. Drum-roll for the weigh in...1.8 gain.

I seriously have been struggling between 175.4-177.2 since August 26th. It seems like any time I "get back on track" something comes up to derail me. I was convinced that after Vegas I'd be able to get right back on and possibly maintain (I can have shoddy weekends, but as long as Monday morning I'm diligent, I'm at least maintaining by Thursday, if not a small loss). I know why I'm maintaining/gaining. And I read other people's posts and just get discouraged. One girl has lost 25 lbs since my stall and says "I feel like I should have lost more by now". Well, I've only lost 9lbs (7.2 right now) SINCE JULY 1ST. I keep trying to be positive, telling myself it's okay, at least I'm not gaining, etc. etc. But I'm really to the point where it is not okay anymore. And honestly, I don't really have any more excuses for a while (besides oh, school is busy). Vegas is behind me. Birthday "season" is over (August/September are the WORST). BF isn't sabotaging me anymore (besides going to Denny's last night). So I'm the one making these choices, over and over. I wish I had my BF's willpower. He literally eats the same things, every single day. And it's not exciting stuff. He eats a protein, a fat, and in the morning and lunch, he'll have a carb. And when I say protein, fat, carb, I mean like he'll have a piece of plain turkey or plain chicken, a bite of peanut butter, plain cereal. And he only went "off plan" for Vegas and on Saturday night we went drinking. Since the middle of September!! And last week he came over and I didn't have time to get dinner beforehand. He sat there and watched me eat crap (delicious crap) and was fine with it because he wasn't hungry. Who the heck only eats when they are hungry? But really, he's been much better with me, so I'm not really comparing us or complaining. It's just foreign to me to only eat when you are hungry, lol.

I guess when it comes down to it, I have to be proud of myself. I'm so glad I joined weight watchers because even though I've been stalling, I'm still here. I haven't given up. Maybe temporarily, but I have yet to miss a weigh in. I don't plan on quitting the meetings. If I were doing this on my own, I would have failed last month for sure. So that's what is keeping me going. It's a life-long change anyway, so I guess I'm just going to accept that it really is life-long for me. I'm not going to lose 25 pounds in two months. But I'm going to lost 25 pounds eventually.

Anywho, zan I hope you had a safe trip.
Kay, I hope you had a fantastic meeting.
Bex, if you are reading this, I miss you!

As always, thanks for reading. You guys are really (more-so than the meetings), my reason for sticking with this, even if I can't really count the last 7 weeks as successful dieting. I hope we all have a fantastic week (anyone want to write my paper for me? )!!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #29  

Zan- Very cool of you to step up and help out your brother.

MsCoh- congrats on the loss!!! You are sooo close now!

Ade- I know how you feel. Anything I lose seems to come right back over the past couple months. I am not focused enough. You are not alone!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 334/267/232 (For now)

Height: 5'2"

Hello! I just found this thread. I've been doing WW for two years (the second year was sort of half on and half off). I'm back on track now for six weeks and I really need people to understand the diet to talk to, which is why I'm here. Plus I'm always excited for new WW ideas.
tamia is offline   Reply With Quote